Author Topic: Bradley Castleberry 675 lb Bench Press x3 Fake Plates?  (Read 11947 times)

liquid_c

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
Re: Bradley Castleberry 675 lb Bench Press x3 Fake Plates?
« Reply #25 on: March 16, 2017, 09:12:05 AM »
How many times do we need to go over this.  The plates are 100% real.  They don't make fake crappy hexagon style 24 hour fitness plates that I have ever seen or been able to find.  Not to mention trying to carry them around with you and bring into the gym. If you're already strong, a spotter helping the whole way down and up makes a mega difference.  It's all about the spot and don't even begin with the spotter can't help that much.  I don't know what to tell you if you believe that.  Bradley Martin already demonstrated this doing the exact same weight with a spotter with about the exact same effort.  Brad is very strong.  No where near 675 raw bench strong, but very strong. 

ratherbebig

• Getbig V
  • if you got more than 10k you're gay
« Reply #26 on: March 16, 2017, 10:39:49 AM »
this is the same bradley that wouldnt get on the scale at an expo or have his arms measured?

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #27 on: March 16, 2017, 10:40:44 AM »
this guy is brad's father he loves bbc just like brad does.

WTF  ???

LOL  :D

residue

• Getbig V
  • Adonis 3:16
« Reply #28 on: March 16, 2017, 10:43:50 AM »
How many times do we need to go over this.  The plates are 100% real.  They don't make fake crappy hexagon style 24 hour fitness plates that I have ever seen or been able to find.  Not to mention trying to carry them around with you and bring into the gym. If you're already strong, a spotter helping the whole way down and up makes a mega difference.  It's all about the spot and don't even begin with the spotter can't help that much.  I don't know what to tell you if you believe that.  Bradley Martin already demonstrated this doing the exact same weight with a spotter with about the exact same effort.  Brad is very strong.  No where near 675 raw bench strong, but very strong. 

its the same plates all the time despite it being different gyms.
his income is derived  from youtube hits, carrying around some fake weights is par for the course

ratherbebig

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: March 16, 2017, 10:47:25 AM »
there's even a site for buying fake plates

fakeweights.com

youandme

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: March 16, 2017, 11:21:01 AM »
Bar just doesn't bend enough for me.  After 4 plates on each side that bar starts to have a bit of bend when you un-rack it.  

BB

• Getbig V
  • I hope I'm not boring you.
« Reply #31 on: March 16, 2017, 11:47:01 AM »
WTF  ???

LOL  :D

That guy is awesome -

Link to full channel -

Tennisballz

• Getbig IV
  • You CANNOT be serious!
« Reply #32 on: March 16, 2017, 12:16:12 PM »
Hi Brad!

Mitch

• Getbig V
  • Team Succulent Ham of Peace
« Reply #33 on: March 16, 2017, 12:39:52 PM »
THIS is 675x3 legit bench press:

by the 2nd world best bench-presser of all time.  :D

Brad who?

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #34 on: March 16, 2017, 12:41:36 PM »
I was at a meet with Dr. JM Blakely back in the late 90s and all he managed to press shirt free was 450 @ 220 and he was one of the elite benchers in the world at that time

His official best equipped bench was over 700 pounds

oldschoolfan

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: March 16, 2017, 12:58:41 PM »
That guy is awesome -

Link to full channel -

lol wtf, i doubt that guy can even see his own lil weasel

sway

• Getbig II
« Reply #36 on: March 16, 2017, 01:00:48 PM »
Eric Spoto lives here in Vegas and I used to train occasionally at the EOSfitness him and Efferding went to. To see a guy legit bench 700 is nothing like what is going on in Castleberrys vids. Spoto would have 3 guys all around him just in case something happened, and he's twice as big as that tool in the video.
Anyone who believes that's a legit 675 bench in that video is an idiot....

Dave D

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: March 16, 2017, 03:56:28 PM »
How many times do we need to go over this.  The plates are 100% real.  They don't make fake crappy hexagon style 24 hour fitness plates that I have ever seen or been able to find.  Not to mention trying to carry them around with you and bring into the gym. If you're already strong, a spotter helping the whole way down and up makes a mega difference.  It's all about the spot and don't even begin with the spotter can't help that much.  I don't know what to tell you if you believe that.  Bradley Martin already demonstrated this doing the exact same weight with a spotter with about the exact same effort.  Brad is very strong.  No where near 675 raw bench strong, but very strong.  

Exactly. Liquid C has never seen these plates before, nor has he been able to find them. So they don't exist.

And if they did why would someone bring them into the gym? They wouldn't. Because they don't exist. But if they did exist they'd be used for different reasons, fake totals would definitely not be one of those reasons.

Also Brad is strong, but no where near 675 bench strong. Even though the video shows him benching it for reps. With plates that are real as we already established.

Lol. Great troll job.

ratherbebig

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: March 16, 2017, 03:59:49 PM »
Exactly. Liquid C has never seen this plates before, nor has he been able to find them. So they don't exist.

And if they did why would someone bring them into the gym? They wouldn't. Because they don't exist. But if they did exist they'd be used for different reasons, fake totals would definitely not be one of those reasons.

Also Brad is strong, but no where near 675 bench strong. Even though the video shows him benching it for reps. With plates that are real as we already established.

Lol. Great troll job.

:D

oldschoolfan

• Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: March 17, 2017, 07:51:46 AM »
this!!!

hell yeah you got that right, that is dangerous

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #40 on: March 17, 2017, 07:57:46 AM »
I know someone who trains at the same gym as Brad. He says the plates are 100% real.
X

SuperTed

• Getbig V
  • Rebirth
« Reply #41 on: March 17, 2017, 10:14:20 AM »
I know someone who trains at the same gym as Brad. He says the plates are 100% real.

A few people have confirmed this. I used to think he used fake plates as well but it seems that the weights are legit. He's strong as hell.

liquid_c

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #42 on: March 17, 2017, 10:22:52 AM »

Of course they are.  Glad to see there are some people with common sense. Anyone who actually understand bench pressing at higher weight levels knows that a spotter especially holding the bar through the whole process can allow tremendous amounts of weight to be lifted beyond what you could normally do.  No serious powerlifters have called Brad out accusing him of using fake plates, just that he is using a spotter which no where comes close to counting.  While I have no issues with Brad as a person, his arrogance and smoke and mirrors lifting as in this case rubs me the wrong way big time as it is the polar opposite of what I believe in.  However I am not going to accuse him of doing something he is not.

Taffin

• Getbig V
  • Training out my gay penor...
« Reply #43 on: March 18, 2017, 02:37:31 PM »
I was at a meet with Dr. JM Blakely back in the late 90s and all he managed to press shirt free was 450 @ 220 and he was one of the elite benchers in the world at that time

His official best equipped bench was over 700 pounds

Great f**king mustache too - no joke.

T

Nether Animal

• Getbig V
  • Team Mower Forever
« Reply #44 on: March 18, 2017, 03:40:31 PM »

I enjoy casually outlifting the permabulker "powerlifter" type gym rats like this fucktard that follow you around trying to one-up you, all with shit form and with 20%+ bf.

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #45 on: March 19, 2017, 05:24:34 PM »
Dude should be mopping up in the powerifting circuit, easier to pimp his youtube vids if he had legit comped lifts.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #46 on: March 19, 2017, 05:34:50 PM »
I trained at the same gym as Glen Chabot.........saw him do 650 for a triple but it was legit unlike Dingleberrys "lifts" !  ::)

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #47 on: March 19, 2017, 05:36:19 PM »
lol wtf, i doubt that guy can even see his own lil weasel
Fucking hilarity reigns supreme. LOL  :D

Thanks brother! 

Dave D

• Getbig V
« Reply #48 on: March 19, 2017, 05:41:41 PM »
Of course they are.  Glad to see there are some people with common sense. Anyone who actually understand bench pressing at higher weight levels knows that a spotter especially holding the bar through the whole process can allow tremendous amounts of weight to be lifted beyond what you could normally do.  No serious powerlifters have called Brad out accusing him of using fake plates, just that he is using a spotter which no where comes close to counting.  While I have no issues with Brad as a person, his arrogance and smoke and mirrors lifting as in this case rubs me the wrong way big time as it is the polar opposite of what I believe in.  However I am not going to accuse him of doing something he is not.

Liquid it sounds as if you're familiar with weights and the lifting of them.

What do you think of Brads spotters technique for a world record attempt, was it good or bad?

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
  • Isaiah40:28-31 ✝ Romans10:9 ✝ 1Peter3:15
« Reply #49 on: March 19, 2017, 05:41:58 PM »

I like this bra a lot.