Author Topic: My triceps routine  (Read 7235 times)

Bevo

• Getbig V
  • Middle Urinal at Buc-ee’s
Re: My triceps routine
« Reply #25 on: March 20, 2017, 12:27:59 PM »
BLAKELY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bay likely?

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #26 on: March 20, 2017, 12:38:25 PM »
Bay likely?

;D

Probably, he says he is of Dutch ancestry, so almost as good as GERMAN but not quite.....

Simple Simon

« Reply #27 on: March 20, 2017, 12:43:44 PM »
Yep, but show me the long head of the triceps of a guy who does only 12 sets of pushdowns vs a guy who does 6 sets of pushdowns and 6 sets of overhead extensions.
I only do rope extensions and machine dips, the tricep straightens the arm, thats it, you can straighten the arm in as many different ways as you like, you will end up with the same result.

HTexan

• Getbig V
  • Heath must lose!!
« Reply #28 on: March 20, 2017, 01:10:58 PM »
Bay likely?

Bay likey anything with a dick.
A

Nether Animal

• Getbig V
  • Team Mower Forever
« Reply #29 on: March 20, 2017, 02:20:47 PM »
As someone with terrible genetics for arms, I went into my training with the idea to emphasise triceps, but I generally eschewed exercises like CGBP due to never having a training partner in favour of pushdown variants and skullcrushers. I eventually started doing behind the neck db extension to get a real good stretch, but the lateral head of my tris is far more developed than the long head - and the long head is what you need to have thicker looking arms from the sides.

Hack Benchers

« Reply #30 on: March 20, 2017, 02:30:43 PM »
As someone with terrible genetics for arms, I went into my training with the idea to emphasise triceps, but I generally eschewed exercises like CGBP due to never having a training partner in favour of pushdown variants and skullcrushers. I eventually started doing behind the neck db extension to get a real good stretch, but the lateral head of my tris is far more developed than the long head - and the long head is what you need to have thicker looking arms from the sides.
You got the jaw of a movie star

Simple Simon

« Reply #31 on: March 20, 2017, 03:01:31 PM »

TRIX

• Getbig IV
  • If you mess with me I'll have to fuck you up
« Reply #32 on: March 20, 2017, 11:15:07 PM »
You can overload tri's with closegrip benches and just regular bench press.... And we all know powerlifters have great looking triceps, right?

Obvs overload with calorie surplus + more reps/volume

Hack Benchers

« Reply #33 on: March 20, 2017, 11:45:42 PM »

Impressed by NA pics huh?? Jealousy is a bitch!!

Simple Simon

« Reply #34 on: March 21, 2017, 01:15:10 AM »
Impressed by NA pics huh?? Jealousy is a bitch!!

no, just showing what you can achieve and never have done a skull crusher in your life....

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #35 on: March 21, 2017, 01:24:14 AM »

You're a good dude and all but man that tricep....

Are you part a-Rab? They have shit tricep genetics

robcguns

• Getbig V
  • Founder of the proud straight white male movement
« Reply #36 on: March 21, 2017, 04:40:15 AM »

Why u need a partner to do cgbp?Start doing them and dump push downs or just do push downs first to prevexhaust so u don't need much weight on cgbp and get that long head going.

Hack Benchers

« Reply #37 on: March 21, 2017, 12:15:39 PM »
no, just showing what you can achieve and never have done a skull crusher in your life....
I once saw a guy doing skull crushers with a 36kg dumble --> all of a suddenn the bottom half slipped/broke off and landed on his face  :o it was a mess.

Nether Animal

• Getbig V
  • Team Mower Forever
« Reply #38 on: March 21, 2017, 01:37:40 PM »
You're a good dude and all but man that tricep....

Are you part a-Rab? They have shit tricep genetics

No italian... But very tall and lanky. All insertions suffer

Taffin

• Getbig V
  • Training out my gay penor...
« Reply #39 on: March 24, 2017, 11:33:08 AM »

Be There:  The guys from Right Said Fred rang.... they are going on tour and want that T- shirt back.  ;D

T

Griffith

• Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: March 24, 2017, 02:48:41 PM »
I once saw a guy doing skull crushers with a 36kg dumble --> all of a suddenn the bottom half slipped/broke off and landed on his face  :o it was a mess.

I've wondered about that happening with gym dumbbells.

Someone I know was doing triceps pulldowns and the cable snapped, luckily it did not hit his eye but the cable whipped him in the face, almost knocking him out, and left a scar on his forehead. He now has a lifetime membership...

Mr Anabolic

• Getbig V
  • Better to die on your feet than on your knees.
« Reply #41 on: March 24, 2017, 03:07:57 PM »
Yep, but show me the long head of the triceps of a guy who does only 12 sets of pushdowns vs a guy who does 6 sets of pushdowns and 6 sets of overhead extensions.

Bro science. 

Heavy pushdowns are great "mass builders".

Mr Anabolic

• Getbig V
  • Better to die on your feet than on your knees.
« Reply #42 on: March 24, 2017, 03:09:52 PM »
I've wondered about that happening with gym dumbbells.

Someone I know was doing triceps pulldowns and the cable snapped, luckily it did not hit his eye but the cable whipped him in the face, almost knocking him out, and left a scar on his forehead. He now has a lifetime membership...

I witnessed someone doing heavy cable rows with a very frayed cable.  The cable snapped and they guy flew 15-20 feet across the room.  It was funny as hell!

Simple Simon

« Reply #43 on: March 24, 2017, 03:11:35 PM »
Be There:  The guys from Right Said Fred rang.... they are going on tour and want that T- shirt back.  ;D

hahahaha... its a compression lycra top, (full homo)

bozo_the_rot

• Getbig II
« Reply #44 on: March 24, 2017, 03:11:51 PM »

I wonder if he shops in the little kids section?

ESFitness

• Getbig V
  • i win.
« Reply #45 on: March 24, 2017, 04:48:29 PM »
Bro science. 

Heavy pushdowns are great "mass builders".

If you call EMG data "bro-science"

As EMG data shows greater long-head recruitment with overhead tricep extensions and greater lateral-head recruitment with pushdowns.

ESFitness

• Getbig V
  • i win.
« Reply #46 on: March 24, 2017, 04:54:26 PM »
I witnessed someone doing heavy cable rows with a very frayed cable.  The cable snapped and they guy flew 15-20 feet across the room.  It was funny as hell!

That was probably me. Was just about to mention that happened to me. Wasnt going too heavy just about 140 when a few reps in, something in the handle broke where it attatches to the cable (doing seated cable rows w/a str8 bar. Reverse grip)... Next thing i know im doing a backwards sumersault on the ground. Got quite a chuckle.

bozo_the_rot

• Getbig II
« Reply #47 on: March 24, 2017, 05:42:11 PM »
3 simple movements will lead to hams on the back of your arm...

1- any type of push down

2- close grip bench

3- some kind of overhead extension (db, rope, etc)

Do these movements every tricep workout and explode

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
« Reply #48 on: March 24, 2017, 06:34:49 PM »
Rule of thumb I do a mass builder at around 8-10 reps, followed by a peak contraction exercise for 12-15 reps:

Seated overhead tricep extensions: 2 warm up sets, 3 work sets
Tricep pushdowns: 3 sets
Skullcrushers: 3 sets
Tricep kickbacks: 3 sets

I do this 2 days per week. Sometimes I will substitute close grip benches for the skullcrushers.

Fuck you

AbrahamG

• Getbig V
  • Team Pfizer
« Reply #49 on: March 24, 2017, 07:59:45 PM »