Author Topic: Richard Jones  (Read 12239 times)

FitChic78

• Getbig II
Re: Richard Jones
« Reply #25 on: April 04, 2006, 10:29:42 AM »
I stake my rep on it.

RJ, LP, VG, JL, and mayyyybe VT so far, that I know of.

Once again 240...Did he personally confirm that with you??? ???

DragonsBreath

• Getbig III
  • Been to Hell and back! NEXT!
« Reply #26 on: April 04, 2006, 10:47:07 AM »
yeah 240, what's the scoop on RJ? How do you know? Has he officially announced that he jumped the sinking ship of the IFBB? The PDI would be a good place for him. He would add sum flava to any line up.

Harry R. M. Pitts

• Getbig III
  • large lover
« Reply #27 on: April 04, 2006, 11:43:55 AM »
what is Insider Z-iruolo's take on this?
"

FitChic78

• Getbig II
« Reply #28 on: April 04, 2006, 11:46:36 AM »
Has an official NOC contenders list been released yet?

Al-Gebra

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: April 04, 2006, 11:49:58 AM »

GMCtrk

Richard Jones has the genetics to be Mr. Olympia
« Reply #30 on: April 04, 2006, 11:56:30 AM »
...just needs about 30lbs more muscle ;)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #31 on: April 04, 2006, 11:58:01 AM »

FitChic78

• Getbig II
Re: Richard Jones has the genetics to be Mr. Olympia
« Reply #32 on: April 04, 2006, 11:59:45 AM »
...just needs about 30lbs more muscle ;)
Well, he is only 32 (in a few days) so I think he's got plenty of time for that ;)

DragonsBreath

• Getbig III
« Reply #33 on: April 04, 2006, 12:32:43 PM »
Sweet! It'll be cool seeing Jones compete again. 30 more pounds would be scary on that dude. but we'll have to wait til he announces it himself. I know 240 can be full of shit sometimes.

When RJ's birthday? We'll have to throw him a PDI B-day bash!

GMCtrk

« Reply #34 on: April 04, 2006, 12:36:01 PM »
I am extremely impressed with Richard, for a few reasons

1) his attitude - maybe I'm just sick of hearing shawn ray bitch on the bfto tapes
2) his back - WOW, at 218lbs in bfto 04, this guys back is rediculous. Branch warren drools for his back

He really needs to bring his legs up, but he has the genetics, and most importantly, a great back, to become a threat at the mr. o

FitChic78

• Getbig II
« Reply #35 on: April 04, 2006, 01:33:17 PM »
Sweet! It'll be cool seeing Jones compete again. 30 more pounds would be scary on that dude. but we'll have to wait til he announces it himself. I know 240 can be full of shit sometimes.

When RJ's birthday? We'll have to throw him a PDI B-day bash!

Well, I think that he might not see a need for putting on that much size considering what he has previously stated and that was developing his physique to resemble his own vision of what an aesthetically beautiful physique should look like. He builds his body the way he wants it to look and not to please any of the BB's big dogs or other fans who demand the freaks to be running the stage...I think maybe 15-20 would be a safe estimate. As many others have agreed, he resembles Shawn's physique and I believe Shawn competed at about 210-212. Rich has competed at what? like 212-215? but then he is a bit taller than Shawn. Plus, I would not be surprised if we saw the BB standards turning around in the next couple of years and with the new PDI coming to its fruition in the near future, he will not even have to get that much bigger. So I would think he'd like to stay on the path of showing to his fans a complete physique as Shawn and Lee Labrada once did...Think Quality not Quantity! But then again, it is up to Rich to give us any instight on what his future plans are...

His B-Day is on the 14th this month...So if you are in Cali, holla back and let's party! Otherwise, we'll have to celebrate it in September at NYC  ;D

DragonsBreath

• Getbig III
« Reply #36 on: April 04, 2006, 02:30:07 PM »
Well, I think that he might not see a need for putting on that much size considering what he has previously stated and that was developing his physique to resemble his own vision of what an aesthetically beautiful physique should look like. He builds his body the way he wants it to look and not to please any of the BB's big dogs or other fans who demand the freaks to be running the stage...I think maybe 15-20 would be a safe estimate. As many others have agreed, he resembles Shawn's physique and I believe Shawn competed at about 210-212. Rich has competed at what? like 212-215? but then he is a bit taller than Shawn. Plus, I would not be surprised if we saw the BB standards turning around in the next couple of years and with the new PDI coming to its fruition in the near future, he will not even have to get that much bigger. So I would think he'd like to stay on the path of showing to his fans a complete physique as Shawn and Lee Labrada once did...Think Quality not Quantity! But then again, it is up to Rich to give us any instight on what his future plans are...

His B-Day is on the 14th this month...So if you are in Cali, holla back and let's party! Otherwise, we'll have to celebrate it in September at NYC  ;D

Good point! I think Richard has the illusion of looking bigger than what he is on stage. 212-215? I'd say he competed more at 205-208 pounds. If he brings up his wheels, specially his hams, his legs will look much better. But i wouldn't mind walking around looking like that.

I'm gonna have to PM RJ and ask him where he wants his B-Day bash. All invited. Since 240 broke the news, he should pay for the party. Oh wait....someone posted ur salary! FORGET IT!

LuciusFox

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: April 04, 2006, 02:36:19 PM »
Let me see, you and Dragon are the kind of people who go watch a crappy movie and come out of the theater and don't say a critical thing about it, b/c, "Hey, we couldn't make a better movie ourselves . . ."  ::)

BB is not a sport, at best its sports entertainment . . . like pro wrestling.  It's all about image, in case you haven't noticed. 

The most successful bb ever=Arnold S. Why? b/c he could promo like no one else.

As far as I'm concerned, there's no room for humility in bb when there's a camera on you. If you're so humble, keep your clothes on . . . No need to SHOW OFF your physique.

Get real, people!

HTH

If every bodybuilder had the same persona, it would quickly get boring ::)

Al-Gebra

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: April 04, 2006, 02:49:18 PM »
If every bodybuilder had the same persona, it would quickly get boring ::)

well, in another 10 years or so, Richard Jones' bb legacy will be known

. . . if I'm wrong about thinking he lacks the killer instinct, i'll eat my words. I promise.

I think it's possible to be an excellent human being without being a successful bodybuilder. And he might likely be one.  He doesn't come across as cocky for the most part.

LuciusFox

• Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: April 04, 2006, 02:51:16 PM »
well, in another 10 years or so, Richard Jones' bb legacy will be known

. . . if I'm wrong about thinking he lacks the killer instinct, i'll eat my words. I promise.

I think it's possible to be an excellent human being without being a successful bodybuilder. And he might likely be one.  He doesn't come across as cocky for the most part.

I agree that he should do what he needs to in order to win. A classy confidence is definitely more his style. He should behave regally.

DragonsBreath

• Getbig III
« Reply #40 on: April 04, 2006, 03:20:25 PM »
Sometimes, actions speak louder than words. Because he may be quiet and self reserved that doesn't mean he lacks "killer instinct". Besides, I read somewhere that he does mixed martial arts or extreme martial arts or something like that. If he doesn't have the killer instinct now, he'll get it from that.

Rock on Richard, rock on!

FitChic78

• Getbig II
« Reply #41 on: April 05, 2006, 01:09:39 PM »
Quote from: 240 is Back

I stake my rep on it.

RJ, LP, VG, JL, and mayyyybe VT so far, that I know of.

So far neither 240 or RJ have confirmed... ???

And what about the rest 240 is claiming are in - VG, JL & VT?

Stavios

« Reply #42 on: April 05, 2006, 01:16:50 PM »
Agree 100%!

I remember when you were bitching about Richard's physique and you were saying he was smaller than monica brant. now you are kissing his ass ?

just like 240 is now kissing lee's ass  :-\

Stavios

« Reply #43 on: April 08, 2006, 02:07:12 PM »
bump

michael arvilla

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • facebook.com/michael.arvilla
« Reply #44 on: April 08, 2006, 02:13:06 PM »
I remember when you were bitching about Richard's physique and you were saying he was smaller than monica brant. now you are kissing his ass ?

just like 240 is now kissing lee's ass  :-\

SMALLER THAN Monica Brant?!!??!?!?!??!??!?!?

(it was Debbie Kruck)

Richard  pm'ed me many times after i made my "smaller than Mandy Blank" comment
                    he showed nothing but class and support
                    im going to diss a guy like that?!!?!??!
                       FUCK NO............

Mars

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #45 on: April 08, 2006, 02:16:54 PM »
Richard would crucify anyone of you little bitches.
We tried to recrute him for The SQUAD before.

Stavios

« Reply #46 on: April 08, 2006, 02:19:15 PM »
SMALLER THAN Monica Brant?!!??!?!?!??!??!?!?

(it was Debbie Kruck)

Richard  pm'ed me many times after i made my "smaller than Mandy Blank" comment
                    he showed nothing but class and support
                    im going to diss a guy like that?!!?!??!
                       f**k NO............

Sorry I tought it was monica.

Well that's ok then I just wanted to know what was up with this.

Stavios

« Reply #47 on: April 08, 2006, 02:21:28 PM »
Richard would crucify anyone of you little bitches.
We tried to recrute him for The SQUAD before.

I agree with you Mars, Richard has owning abilities that a lot of us could only dream to have.

LuciusFox

• Getbig V
« Reply #48 on: April 08, 2006, 02:22:37 PM »
I agree with you Mars, Richard has owning abilities that a lot of us could only dream to have.

It sounds like you are dreaming about Richard. I'll bet that they are very "sweet" dreams.

Stavios

« Reply #49 on: April 08, 2006, 02:27:02 PM »
Yeah I dream about richard every night  ::)

Now go bench your massive 228 pound