Author Topic: Should Trump apologize...  (Read 7814 times)

Al Doggity

• Getbig V
  • Old School Gemini
Re: Should Trump apologize...
« Reply #50 on: March 21, 2017, 09:08:40 PM »
Dude, the FBI has been investigating Trump since July. Don't be stubborn.
Are you joking here? What's next? "Because I say so?"

That his entire campaign team is also under investigation doesn't make my argument a syllogism fallacy, which is what you are implying.
Yes, it does. The only reason they were monitored is because they put themselves in positions that are ALWAYS monitored by the gov. It's like saying a teacher is unfair to a student because the student is always being punished, but then ignoring that the student is constantly late, talks in class and fails to turn in homework. It's a textbook syllogistic fallacy.

And, yes, the FBI ought to be investigated for HillaryEmailGate too. Comey should've kept his mouth shut until after the election. At least.

And if Hillary was elected, then what? Conduct the investigation 4 or 8 years down the line? Or just ignore it altogether?

Slapper

• Getbig V
  • Vincit qui se vincit
« Reply #51 on: March 22, 2017, 10:27:01 AM »
Are you joking here? What's next? "Because I say so?"

OMFG! https://www.wired.com/2017/03/fbi-director-comey-confirms-investigation-trump-campaigns-russia-ties/.

Yes, it does. The only reason they were monitored is because they put themselves in positions that are ALWAYS monitored by the gov. It's like saying a teacher is unfair to a student because the student is always being punished, but then ignoring that the student is constantly late, talks in class and fails to turn in homework. It's a textbook syllogistic fallacy.

No it doesn't! And no, it's not a fallacy. Your argument is a fallacy. The point you are trying to make makes it a syllogistic fallacy because you are trying to insinuate that the FBI isn't investigating Trump because the FBI is investigating Trump's campaign.

A correct syllogism is: The FBI is investigating the Trump campaign. Trump is part of the Trump campaign. Therefore, Trump is being investigated. Do YOU understand?

And if Hillary was elected, then what? Conduct the investigation 4 or 8 years down the line? Or just ignore it altogether?

I honestly don't care about Hillary one bit. What I was saying was that the FBI should be investigated for making an investigation public during the election process.

Yamcha

• Getbig V
  • Fundie
« Reply #52 on: March 22, 2017, 10:31:14 AM »
What does this mean? Just popped up on my phone?

AP: GOP lawmaker says President Trump's communications may have been 'monitored' during transition period.

WASHINGTON (AP) — The chairman of the House intelligence committee says President Donald Trump's communications may have been "monitored" during the transition period as part of an "incidental collection."

Rep. Devin Nunes, R-Calif., told a news conference Wednesday that the communications appear to be picked up through "incidental collection" and do not appear to be related to the ongoing FBI investigation into Trump associates' contacts with Russia. He says he believes the intelligence collections were done legally.

Nunes says the communications of Trump associates were also picked up, but he did not name those associates. He says the monitoring mostly occurred in November, December and January.

Nunes says he learned of the collection through "sources" but did not specify those sources.
a

Yamcha

• Getbig V
  • Fundie
« Reply #53 on: March 22, 2017, 10:34:03 AM »
https://twitter.com/BraddJaffy/status/844597669247041537

None of the info collected involved Russia? hmmmmmm.... interdasting....

WASHINGTON (AP) — The chairman of the House intelligence committee says President Donald Trump's communications may have been "monitored" during the transition period as part of an "incidental collection."

Rep. Devin Nunes, R-Calif., told a news conference Wednesday that the communications appear to be picked up through "incidental collection" and do not appear to be related to the ongoing FBI investigation into Trump associates' contacts with Russia. He says he believes the intelligence collections were done legally.

Nunes says the communications of Trump associates were also picked up, but he did not name those associates. He says the monitoring mostly occurred in November, December and January.

Nunes says he learned of the collection through "sources" but did not specify those sources.
a

Slapper

• Getbig V
  • Vincit qui se vincit
« Reply #54 on: March 22, 2017, 10:35:45 AM »
 ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Yamcha

• Getbig V
  • Fundie
« Reply #55 on: March 22, 2017, 10:48:31 AM »
Politico: Nunes: Trump transition members were under surveillance during Obama administration

http://www.politico.com/story/2017/03/devin-nunes-donald-trump-surveillance-obama-236366

Members of the Donald Trump transition team, possibly including Trump himself, were under surveillance during the Obama administration following November's election, House Intelligence Chairman Devin Nunes told reporters Wednesday.

Nunes said the surveillance appears to have been legal, incidental collection and that it does not appear to have been related to concerns over collusion with Russia.

Nunes is going to the White House later Wednesday to brief the Trump administration on what he has learned, which he said came from "sources."
a

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #56 on: March 22, 2017, 11:05:48 AM »
Libtards....speak on this. Since day one you called Trump a liar. Eat a dick

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #57 on: March 22, 2017, 11:19:42 AM »
Libtards....speak on this. Since day one you called Trump a liar. Eat a dick

It's EXACTLY what I said a few weeks ago

They were surveilling Russians

No different than if they were suveilling drug dealers and Trumps people were talking to them

Not at all hard to understand but I'm sure Trumptards will find a way to not understand it

Al Doggity

• Getbig V
  • Old School Gemini
« Reply #58 on: March 22, 2017, 11:26:36 AM »
What does this mean? Just popped up on my phone?

This is the guy who hadn't heard of Carter Page and Roger Stone, right? The guy who the White House asked to speak to the media to debunk Russian ties stories despite the fact that he was on the investigative committee? The same guy who has already publicly stated that he believed this story was coming from the Obama administration in an attempt to undermine Trump, even before Trump's inauguration?

Yeah, he just blew the lid off this thing.

He specifically didn't confirm Trump being surveilled, he specifically didn't confirm any surveillance preceding the election and definitely didn't confirm any surveillance being okayed by Obama. What he did say is that what surveillance did take place was incidental, legal and part of normal foreign intelligence.

Gee, where have we heard this before?   ::)

HockeyFightFan

• Getbig V
  • Getgay is Beneath Me
« Reply #59 on: March 22, 2017, 11:43:10 AM »
Obama was not surveilling U.S. citizens.....until Snowden exposed that lie.

Obama wasn't surveilling Trump and his team from November 2016 - January 2016.....until the NSA exposed that lie.

When the DOJ (Loretta Lynch acting on orders from Obama) changed the way information was shared between the intelligence communities in January 2017 and shit all over the 4th Amendment, not one Lib politician spoke out. But they sure as fuck had a lot to say the last 2 days after Comey proved he is an idiot.

Jesus Christ the Dems are corrupt to the bone.

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #60 on: March 22, 2017, 11:50:04 AM »
I'm torn on this one...

I noticed during today's hearing (which was a dog and pony show btw) that both intelligence officials only acknowledged that there was no evidence provided of a "physical" wire tap (which are practically non-existent today); Then they proceeded to not answer any follow up questions from the panel due to it being an "ongoing investigation"...

I would have no problem with an apology, nor would I have an issue with no apology.

Comey did confirm that the Trump campaign was under investigation since July of 2016, and he also REFUSED to deny that he briefed President Obama on calls that Flynn made to Russia.

I'd be with you on Trump apologizing if they came out today and said that there was ZERO evidence of ANY form of surveillance of Trump but they didn't.

This is why we hate politicians; today was a waste of time and energy.

However, I did say I'd eat crow if March 20th rolled around and Trump did not provide any evidence of his claims... I will eat all the crow you guys want to throw at me. 

They said "there was no evidence" because they don't want to come out and call the sitting president a liar...which is what he is

HockeyFightFan

• Getbig V
  • Getgay is Beneath Me
« Reply #61 on: March 22, 2017, 12:20:20 PM »
They said "there was no evidence" because they don't want to come out and call the sitting president a liar...which is what he is

Well you better turn on the Clinton News Network, because it is out now that Trump's transition team was spied on from the election to the inauguration

Yamcha

• Getbig V
  • Fundie
« Reply #62 on: March 22, 2017, 01:34:38 PM »
It's EXACTLY what I said a few weeks ago

They were surveilling Russians

No different than if they were suveilling drug dealers and Trumps people were talking to them

Not at all hard to understand but I'm sure Trumptards will find a way to not understand it

"communications appear to be picked up through "incidental collection" and do not appear to be related to the ongoing FBI investigation into Trump associates' contacts with Russia."
a

Al Doggity

• Getbig V
  • Old School Gemini
« Reply #63 on: March 22, 2017, 01:48:42 PM »
"communications appear to be picked up through "incidental collection" and do not appear to be related to the ongoing FBI investigation into Trump associates' contacts with Russia."

... which means they weren't related to a specific investigation, but rather general foreign intelligence.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/intel-chair-says-trumps-personal-communications-may-have-been-picked-up-through-incidental-collection/

Despite the news, he repeated that the president’s claim that President Obama ordered a wiretapping of Trump Tower was not true.

“No, no, no. That did not happen. I have said this for many, many weeks,” he said.

“I believe it was all done legally. I think it was all obtained legally. The question is why was it unmasked?” Nunes said, adding that he doesn’t believe it was collected through a criminal investigation.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #64 on: March 22, 2017, 01:51:00 PM »
Anyone remember way way back about 3 months ago when Obama expelled 35 russians from the US

You can be damn sure we were monitoring their online and offline communications

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2016/dec/29/barack-obama-sanctions-russia-election-hack

Yamcha

• Getbig V
  • Fundie
« Reply #65 on: March 22, 2017, 01:56:41 PM »
... which means they weren't related to a specific investigation, but rather general foreign intelligence.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/intel-chair-says-trumps-personal-communications-may-have-been-picked-up-through-incidental-collection/

At least we can agree that the Trump campaign was being "wire tapped" now.
a

Yamcha

• Getbig V
  • Fundie
« Reply #66 on: March 22, 2017, 01:58:03 PM »
Anyone remember way way back about 3 months ago when Obama expelled 35 russians from the US

You can be damn sure we were monitoring their online and offline communications

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2016/dec/29/barack-obama-sanctions-russia-election-hack

election "hack" LOL!

What did they "hack"?

a

Al Doggity

• Getbig V
  • Old School Gemini
« Reply #67 on: March 22, 2017, 02:05:30 PM »
At least we can agree that the Trump campaign was being "wire tapped" now.

Really? Because in the post you are quoting is this:

Despite the news, he repeated that the president’s claim that President Obama ordered a wiretapping of Trump Tower was not true.

“No, no, no. That did not happen. I have said this for many, many weeks,” he said.

So, even Nunes doesn't agree on that point.  ::)

Yamcha

• Getbig V
  • Fundie
« Reply #68 on: March 22, 2017, 02:09:28 PM »
Really? Because in the post you are quoting is this:

So, even Nunes doesn't agree on that point.  ::)

:D you should get a job with the media; we all know what Trump meant in his tweet, he even put "wire tap" in quotation marks.

REPORTER: “Do you believe the President appropriately used the word 'wiretapping?' Was it used correctly in his tweets, based on the information that you have seen?”
NUNES: “I think the wiretapping, if you use it generally like the President has said, he clearly used it differently than what I think a lot of people took it which was did Obama actually wiretap the Trump Tower, which we know didn’t happen. I think the President has been pretty clear on that.”
REPORTER: “But the physical act of the wiretapping, do you see anything —“
NUNES: “No, and I said that on day two.”
REPORTER: “Can you rule out the possibility that senior Obama Administration officials were involved in this?”
NUNES: “No, I cannot.”
a

Al Doggity

• Getbig V
  • Old School Gemini
« Reply #69 on: March 22, 2017, 02:11:06 PM »
 ???   ???   ???  
:D you should get a job with the media; we all know what Trump meant in his tweet, he even put "wire tap" in quotation marks.

REPORTER: “Do you believe the President appropriately used the word 'wiretapping?' Was it used correctly in his tweets, based on the information that you have seen?”
NUNES: “I think the wiretapping, if you use it generally like the President has said, he clearly used it differently than what I think a lot of people took it which was did Obama actually wiretap the Trump Tower, which we know didn’t happen. I think the President has been pretty clear on that.”
REPORTER: “But the physical act of the wiretapping, do you see anything —“
NUNES: “No, and I said that on day two.”
REPORTER: “Can you rule out the possibility that senior Obama Administration officials were involved in this?”
NUNES: “No, I cannot.”

He doesn't say anywhere that any type of "wiretapping"  went on.

Yamcha

• Getbig V
  • Fundie
« Reply #70 on: March 22, 2017, 02:14:21 PM »

"What I've read has bothered me, and it should bother the President and his team."

a

Yamcha

• Getbig V
  • Fundie
« Reply #71 on: March 22, 2017, 02:17:22 PM »
???   ???   ???  

He doesn't say anywhere that any type of "wiretapping"  went on.

But in the same breath he said "some level of surveillance activity" took place.  It doesn't take a genius to know what Trump meant when he tweeted "wire tapped" in quotes (240 character limit)

Watch the video I posted of the second press conference.

a

Al Doggity

• Getbig V
  • Old School Gemini
« Reply #72 on: March 22, 2017, 02:18:56 PM »

"What I've read has bothered me, and it should bother the President and his team."

And, once again, he doesn't say anything about trump being wiretapped or surveilled by the Obama administration.  ::) He says exactly what several of us have said over the last few weeks: when trump's team has been caught up in surveillance, it is because they  were in contact with people who are regularly surveilled by us gov.

Al Doggity

• Getbig V
  • Old School Gemini
« Reply #73 on: March 22, 2017, 02:26:28 PM »
But in the same breath he said "some level of surveillance activity" took place.  It doesn't take a genius to know what Trump meant when he tweeted "wire tapped" in quotes (240 character limit)

Watch the video I posted of the second press conference.

Why is there any level of ambiguity over what he meant? Why has he refused to elaborate? Why have his spokespeople attempted to walk back what he meant? Forget providing evidence! Why has he neglected to just clarify what he meant in a normal way? It's been weeks. Twitter may have a 240 character limit, but he is not obligated to only communicate via twitter.  ::)

Yamcha

• Getbig V
  • Fundie
« Reply #74 on: March 22, 2017, 02:30:22 PM »
Why is there any level of ambiguity over what he meant. Why has he refused to elaborate? Why have his spokespeople attempted to walk back what he meant? Forget providing evidence! Why has he neglected just clarify what he meant? Twitter may have a 240 character limit, but he is not obligated to only communicate via twitter.  ::)

It is his chosen medium... He gave the task to proving worthy evidence to Congress.

At least the evidence is coming to light now. Sounds like a good Samaritan turned over the relevant documents.

This will be fun to watch play out.
a