Author Topic: Trt and Hcg?  (Read 3061 times)

The Keto Kid

• Getbig IV
Trt and Hcg?
« on: March 24, 2017, 11:59:51 AM »
Hey guys, got prescribed 250 test cyp a week from my doc, along with a dose of Hcg, is there any reason to use the Hcg with test? He was telling me so I don't shut down, isn't this sending 2 different signals to my body? Anybody here have the same thing prescribed to them by their Hrt doc?

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
Re: Trt and Hcg?
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2017, 01:06:48 PM »
To keep the signal going and to keep your balls plump.

The Keto Kid

• Getbig IV
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2017, 02:28:49 PM »
To keep the signal going and to keep your balls plump.

Is there any real point to this? Can I still knock chicks up because of the HCG?

freakfestMD

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2017, 02:47:04 PM »
Hey guys, got prescribed 250 test cyp a week from my doc, along with a dose of Hcg, is there any reason to use the Hcg with test? He was telling me so I don't shut down, isn't this sending 2 different signals to my body? Anybody here have the same thing prescribed to them by their Hrt doc?

It is common practice among HRT docs to prescribe hcg.  I agree, the reasoning is a bit fuzzy, as the intent here really is that you will now be on TRT for life, and if that is the case what use do you really have for maintaining your Leydig (testosterone-producing) and Sertoli (sperm-producing) cells?  Most of us who are on HRT don't intend to have kids anymore, and we wont be needing our Leydig cells unless we decide to come off.  

I do commend you for finding a doc that put you on a 250mg per week regimen.  Most will only go up to 125mg, and some even less than that.  I have been blessed to find a doc that put me on 400mg per week, but that was because I am a physician myself and was VERY upfront with her about my previous use of AAS (which was considerable). I do take 300iu hcg about once every 5 days but I'm not really convinced it is of any benefit to me since I am now "on for life".  It may help stave off testicular atrophy, so if you care at all about the size of your testicles it may be of some benefit there.

For the average younger user of AAS, however, I do believe that it is critical to utilize hcg throughout the cycle, at a dose of about 300-500i.u. every 5 days or so.  This will indeed prevent the cellular apoptosis (programmed cell death) that is inevitable with the use of AAS.  This has been a huge topic/debate here on this board in the past, and you can look back at previous posts on the subject, the best ones being around 2004-2006 when this board was highly stacked with some very knowledgeable people.  If you look at previous posts by Marble (and by me), he was really an innovator in this area, and carried multiple degrees in chemistry and endocrinology and was really the first one, to my knowledge, to formulate this regimen.  Previous recommendations for hcg always advocated large doses (1500-2500 i.u.) used at the termination of the cycle to get the Leydig cells working again, but that really never made sense to me.  Why allow the permanent loss of these cells at all?  Prevention always beats salvage.

The Keto Kid

• Getbig IV
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2017, 04:23:22 PM »
It is common practice among HRT docs to prescribe hcg.  I agree, the reasoning is a bit fuzzy, as the intent here really is that you will now be on TRT for life, and if that is the case what use do you really have for maintaining your Leydig (testosterone-producing) and Sertoli (sperm-producing) cells?  Most of us who are on HRT don't intend to have kids anymore, and we wont be needing our Leydig cells unless we decide to come off.  

I do commend you for finding a doc that put you on a 250mg per week regimen.  Most will only go up to 125mg, and some even less than that.  I have been blessed to find a doc that put me on 400mg per week, but that was because I am a physician myself and was VERY upfront with her about my previous use of AAS (which was considerable). I do take 300iu hcg about once every 5 days but I'm not really convinced it is of any benefit to me since I am now "on for life".  It may help stave off testicular atrophy, so if you care at all about the size of your testicles it may be of some benefit there.

For the average younger user of AAS, however, I do believe that it is critical to utilize hcg throughout the cycle, at a dose of about 300-500i.u. every 5 days or so.  This will indeed prevent the cellular apoptosis (programmed cell death) that is inevitable with the use of AAS.  This has been a huge topic/debate here on this board in the past, and you can look back at previous posts on the subject, the best ones being around 2004-2006 when this board was highly stacked with some very knowledgeable people.  If you look at previous posts by Marble (and by me), he was really an innovator in this area, and carried multiple degrees in chemistry and endocrinology and was really the first one, to my knowledge, to formulate this regimen.  Previous recommendations for hcg always advocated large doses (1500-2500 i.u.) used at the termination of the cycle to get the Leydig cells working again, but that really never made sense to me.  Why allow the permanent loss of these cells at all?  Prevention always beats salvage.
Thanks for the reply, the doc is very much into fitness and he himself is in great shape, he was skeptical that I would be qualified for hrt because of my build, him and his nurse assistant both commented saying I'm the most muscular guy to come in to the office. When they drew the blood work it was on the low end. So I've been on for a while, just was wondering if there is any purpose to the hcg and if it has any benefit to keep it in or if it has any adverse effects. A friend of mine is on hrt but his doc doesn't prescribe the hcg...so I'm just curious about this stuff.

ESFitness

• Getbig V
  • i win.
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2017, 06:30:38 PM »
Personally, i see no reason to use hcg either while "on cycle" or on HRT. Id prefer to save it for when i want to produce a baby.

#1 out of fear of desensitizing leydigs cells

&

#2 side effects from hcg, namely gyno & acne. Only time ive ever had gyno flare-ups was with hcg... Also notice an increase in acne with hcg. Usually i have no acne whatsoever. Although the acne is just usual acne, like couple spots on upper arms and shoulders like from shaving or sweat. Goes away in a day... But still.

The Keto Kid

• Getbig IV
« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2017, 06:49:35 PM »
Personally, i see no reason to use hcg either while "on cycle" or on HRT. Id prefer to save it for when i want to produce a baby.

#1 out of fear of desensitizing leydigs cells

&

#2 side effects from hcg, namely gyno & acne. Only time ive ever had gyno flare-ups was with hcg... Also notice an increase in acne with hcg. Usually i have no acne whatsoever. Although the acne is just usual acne, like couple spots on upper arms and shoulders like from shaving or sweat. Goes away in a day... But still.
That's why I'm asking if it really makes any sense to use this stuff while on test, from what I'm reading your body thinks that you're pregnant, so that's why I'm asking you guys here who have more knowledge/experience with this stuff.

theworm

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2017, 08:26:09 PM »
I don't think it's needed if on for life and have no intentions on having kids...

Some say there are LH receptors in the brain and hcg makes you feel mentally better, and others say hcg increases pregnenolone from the testes and this serves some purpose in the body, but I'm not convinced

I did a lot of research on this and find no benefit.  Most hrt docs write it, but most endocrinologist don't.  Maybe these hrt clinics make more money as they often make you buy it from them...
you are gay.

The Keto Kid

• Getbig IV
« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2017, 12:24:28 PM »
I don't think it's needed if on for life and have no intentions on having kids...

Some say there are LH receptors in the brain and hcg makes you feel mentally better, and others say hcg increases pregnenolone from the testes and this serves some purpose in the body, but I'm not convinced

I did a lot of research on this and find no benefit.  Most hrt docs write it, but most endocrinologist don't.  Maybe these hrt clinics make more money as they often make you buy it from them...
I saw a video where Piana was saying theres no point of taking hcg and test together, still on the fence about this, maybe I should hit up Palumbo and ask his thoughts on this. Any other vets on board with any experience with hrt and hcg, please chime in on this, I'd really appreciate it.