Author Topic: Las Vegas Raiders - owners approved 31-1 to relocate to Vegas  (Read 19002 times)

stuntmovie

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: Las Vegas Raiders
« Reply #75 on: April 03, 2017, 03:40:29 PM »
Walter, We used to have a English Bull Dog named Sgt Major . Someone ended up making a USMC Sgt. Major uniform for him with all the rockers and a name-plate.

Needless say, he even had his own dog-tag.

One of  the only dogs we ever had that never went AWOL for an hr or so after jumping the fence to greet the kids in the local school-yard.

stuntmovie

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #76 on: April 03, 2017, 03:46:30 PM »
Sorry Guys, Not much of an update in the past few days but the following may be of interest regarding the new LV Raisers Stadium. Updated April 1, 2017 LVRJ

Southern Nevada construction industry experts say whoever ends up building the planned 65,000-seat stadium for the Las Vegas Raiders will face a massive challenge to get it done by the opening of the 2020 NFL season.

The enormity of the project, the long checklist of approvals necessary to get it started and a potential labor shortage once work begins are among the roadblocks facing the Raiders, their development partner and the Las Vegas Stadium Authority.

Between today (April 1, 2017) and the middle of August 2020 are 1,231 days.

It took contractors working on Jerry Jones’ spectacular 80,000-seat AT&T Stadium for the Dallas Cowboys 1,346 days to complete from groundbreaking to ribbon-cutting. And three experts who have experience on projects in Southern Nevada say the Raiders will be lucky to get started within 18 months.

stuntmovie

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #77 on: April 03, 2017, 04:09:11 PM »
Long post here so I'll cut it up a bit for the benefit of those GETBIGGERS who dislike too many words within one post.

The Raiders are set to  play at the Oakland Coliseum in 2017.

But then where does the nomadic Silver and Black call its temporary residence until 2020, when a domed 65,000-seat stadium in Las Vegas will be ready?

Don’t ask the Raiders. They don’t know, either.

Oakland general manager Reggie McKenzie said,“There is obviously a lot of work to be done between now and when this happens, but a lot of it is unknown. It makes you think, ‘What is Las Vegas going to be like?’ Or, ‘What is it going to be like walking into our stadium in Oakland this season?’ A lot is going through our minds but, for now, we’re in Oakland.’’

The uncertainty extends to the man with more at stake than anyone — Raiders managing general partner Mark Davis. That is why he and team president Marc Badain are formulating contingency plans in case Alameda County officials attempt to break a lease designed to retain the Raiders at the Coliseum through the 2018 season.

stuntmovie

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #78 on: April 03, 2017, 04:11:10 PM »
Among the cities and stadiums under consideration in the Raiders’ emergency plan are San Antonio (Alamodome); Santa Clara, California (Levi’s Stadium); and San Diego (Qualcomm Stadium).

Oakland City Councilman Larry Reid told reporters last week, “I don’t want ’em here,’’ at the Coliseum beyond 2017. He has asked city attorneys to explore if the Raiders have broken the lease by failing to engage in what he said were good-faith stadium negotiations.

Davis prefers to play in Oakland in 2018. Playing regular-season games at UNLV’s Sam Boyd Stadium is problematical but not impossible, and might happen in 2019, according to Badain. It is likely that the Raiders will play some preseason games at Sam Boyd, Davis said.

But Badain said, “I don’t know that you could never go there (Sam Boyd) for a regular season. There are some challenges.’’

NFL officials in recent weeks visited Sam Boyd to examine what would need to be reconfigured to a minimum standard for the Raiders to play there during the regular season.

stuntmovie

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #79 on: April 03, 2017, 04:13:05 PM »
TV CHALLENGES ….. Minimum requirements exist for NFL broadcasts, and the league does not want the on-air product to suffer if those conditions cannot be met. The NFL and the networks are studying what can be done, if anything, to bring Sam Boyd to those standards.

The most pressing issue is lack of adequate space along the sidelines to produce a high-quality broadcast by the league’s national television partners at Fox, NBC, CBS, ESPN and the NFL Network. It might be possible to remove seats in the lower section along the sidelines and replace them with additional end-zone seating.

The Raiders are discussing with UNLV officials about what would need to be done if the team is compelled to play regular-season games at the Rebels’ home field. The locker rooms would need upgrading and seating capacity would be expanded to enable the Raiders to generate more revenue to help defray stadium expenditures.

“You would have to put a lot of money (into it),’’ Badain said. “You do a lot of temporary facility upgrades, then decide if it’s worth it. We have not closed the door on it but right now it’s not our top priority. It’s just one option.’’

stuntmovie

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #80 on: April 03, 2017, 04:15:22 PM »
All of the ambiguity affects the entire Raiders organization, particularly the man who directly is in charge of making sure the Raiders product on the field remains at a high level. The Raiders advanced to the postseason for the first time in 14 years last season.

When I played for (Dallas coach) Jimmy Johnson and the Cowboys, he always told me to worry about things I needed to worry about — focus on things you can control,’’ Raiders coach Jack Del Rio said. “So, let’s not get too far ahead of ourselves with a lot of specifics. We just don’t have a lot of answers right now.’’

END of long post

Thanks to LVRJ

stuntmovie

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #81 on: April 09, 2017, 11:50:12 AM »
Due to the absence of any reliable stadium updates at present, and in an effort to keep this topic somewhat alive .... I thought it may be a good idea to post some interesting but relatively unknown NFL facts which some GetBig NFL experts may 'elongate' on.

First series of questions regards the NFL season schedule ... How it's done and who does it/ I'll do my best to include the answers at the end of this post providing that I am personally aware of those answers.

Otherwise I'll leave it up to the NFL trivia experts.

1.  Easy  ....How far in advance is the season's schedule approved ad published?

2.  Difficult ....Who is responsible for setting up this yearly schedule?

3.  Extremely difficult ....How many one season,  NFL schedule 'combinations' are possible?

No Getbigger will be able to answer #3 and I can't figure out the formula, so here's the answer according to a reliable website .... "Computers generate  400,000 complete or partial schedules from a possible 824 trillion NFL game combinations."

4.  Easy ....How many regular games do/does each team play and in how any weeks?

Zillotch

• Getbig V
  • the smoke of their torment ascendeth up for ever
« Reply #82 on: April 09, 2017, 12:51:57 PM »
fuk football, who watches that nonsense aside from whorish mudshark degenerates and dopes? fuk the 'raiders' and their thug following even more.

stuntmovie

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #83 on: April 14, 2017, 11:04:01 AM »
Today (13 April 2017) I drove past the 63 acres of vacant land in which the new Las Vegas Raiders' stadium will eventually be constructed and found it to be as vacant as it aways has been except for a 'hole' in the 'fence' that is big enough to let a small vehicle pass through.

Even the FOR SALE sign is still there. So as of this date .... nothing noticeable has been done on this vacant lot.

ZILLOTCH, You offered an interesting comment about the present Oakland Raider fans (thug following) and since  I am not familiar with any Raider fans, I decided to do some research to see how accurate you were with that 'description'.

And you were pretty damn close to being accurate .... but not precisely.

Last year (2016) the Washing Post researched the number of arrests made during NFL games and within the surrounding area.

The results showed that the Chargers led the League in fan arrests with an average of 26.4 arrests per game.

Second place went to the Giants with 22.5 arrests per game.

Third place went to the Jets with 21.5 arrests per game.

The Raiders placed 4th with 17.8.

5th place Steelers ....  16.8.

Honorable mention but definitely not 6th ....  49'ers .... 11.4.

I'm sure that this 'thug study' is being closely analyzed by various LV 'security forces' and it will be interesting to see if Raider fans can improve their image when they arrive here in Sin City.

Not too many years ago, if anyone fucked up that individual would go home with a broken hand or .... not go home at all.

Thanks, Zillotch.

Zillotch

• Getbig V
  • the smoke of their torment ascendeth up for ever
« Reply #84 on: April 14, 2017, 12:50:55 PM »
I'm sure that this 'thug study' is being closely analyzed by various LV 'security forces' and it will be interesting to see if Raider fans can improve their image when they arrive here in Sin City.

Thanks, Zillotch.

I'm sure they'll be well behaved... perfect angels

Nails

• Getbig V
  • https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jsi5VTzJpPw
« Reply #85 on: April 14, 2017, 12:53:05 PM »

The Scott

• Getbig V
  • I'm a victim of soicumcision!!
« Reply #86 on: April 14, 2017, 04:59:20 PM »
fuk football, who watches that nonsense aside from whorish mudshark degenerates and dopes? fuk the 'raiders' and their thug following even more.

Agreed. 

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #87 on: April 14, 2017, 05:25:46 PM »
Due to the absence of any reliable stadium updates at present, and in an effort to keep this topic somewhat alive .... I thought it may be a good idea to post some interesting but relatively unknown NFL facts which some GetBig NFL experts may 'elongate' on.

First series of questions regards the NFL season schedule ... How it's done and who does it/ I'll do my best to include the answers at the end of this post providing that I am personally aware of those answers.

Otherwise I'll leave it up to the NFL trivia experts.

1.  Easy  ....How far in advance is the season's schedule approved ad published?

2.  Difficult ....Who is responsible for setting up this yearly schedule?

3.  Extremely difficult ....How many one season,  NFL schedule 'combinations' are possible?

No Getbigger will be able to answer #3 and I can't figure out the formula, so here's the answer according to a reliable website .... "Computers generate  400,000 complete or partial schedules from a possible 824 trillion NFL game combinations."

4.  Easy ....How many regular games do/does each team play and in how any weeks?

Answer to question 3 is wrong. Teams have predetermined games scheduled. They play division opponents twice, rotate through a different division in the AFC and NFC every year and then play a couple games against teams in theie conference who finished in the same spot. So the combination of possible matchups goes down from the trillion number which is assuming 32 teams playing 16 games against any other team.

stuntmovie

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #88 on: April 14, 2017, 06:26:39 PM »
Diablo, I have no idea what a TRILLION even is but it does seem like a lot  so I also doubt that is a reliable figure when you have only 32 teams playing each other within 17 weeks.

BUT .... The four guys within the NFL (official NFL dudes) who do all this figuring out stuff claim that that trillion number figure is accurate and takes more than one computer to devise the number of possibilities.

But they could just be saying that in order to maintain the millions of dollars that they get paid each year.

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #89 on: April 14, 2017, 06:39:45 PM »
Now that the chargers are traitors and leaving san Diego, im conflicted. Do i jump ship now that they're leaving? To spite them do i become a raiders fan? Do i hate them both? Do i stay loyal to the chargers and still hate the raiders?

These are the things that keep me up at night... Maybe i need counseling..

Good on board with a real sport and meet me by Mirage Ice Machine 7 on Olympia weekend.

tres_taco_combo

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #90 on: April 14, 2017, 09:32:58 PM »
those who know me... know i am trying to move to LV  8)

stuntmovie

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #91 on: April 16, 2017, 08:23:38 AM »
ZILLOTCH, I'm no big fan of football either buy you appear to  be an avid anti-football  fan (American football) and although the avid football fan base has been decreasing lately .... here are the actual  football fan stats .....

49% of Americans are avid football fans ....

According to an Associated Press-GfK poll, nearly a third of those fans say they would not consider attending a Super Bowl -- even though few have any idea how much it costs.

The NFL is still the most popular sports league in the United States, drawing the highest TV ratings by far. Its revenues climbed above $9 billion last year and the Super Bowl is the most watched television program of the year.

More on this subject to follow if there is any interest .....

The Scott

• Getbig V
  • I'm a victim of soicumcision!!
« Reply #92 on: April 16, 2017, 08:26:38 AM »
ZILLOTCH, I'm no big fan of football either buy you appear to  be an avid anti-football  fan (American football) and although the avid football fan base has been decreasing lately .... here are the actual  football fan stats .....

49% of Americans are avid football fans ....

According to an Associated Press-GfK poll, nearly a third of those fans say they would not consider attending a Super Bowl -- even though few have any idea how much it costs.

The NFL is still the most popular sports league in the United States, drawing the highest TV ratings by far. Its revenues climbed above $9 billion last year and the Super Bowl is the most watched television program of the year.

More on this subject to follow if there is any interest .....

Fuck the NFL.  No...really.  F u C k the NfL.  Bunch pseudo frobabies.  Black, white, brown, halfrican (for the asswipe QB) or whatever.  Fuck 'em all to welfare.

tres_taco_combo

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #93 on: April 16, 2017, 01:25:51 PM »
I used to be a huge NFL fan (mainly a social thing) but after the deflate gate - i realized sports are an epic waste of time. ill watch game 7, the world series and a big UFC fight etc but that is about it

Don_Dada

• Getbig III
« Reply #94 on: April 16, 2017, 03:59:28 PM »
I used to be a huge NFL fan (mainly a social thing) but after the deflate gate - i realized sports are an epic waste of time. ill watch game 7, the world series and a big UFC fight etc but that is about it

believe it or not, professional tennis matches can be fun to watch. especially the finals at Wimbledon or the finals at the US open

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #95 on: April 16, 2017, 04:01:45 PM »
believe it or not, professional tennis matches can be fun to watch. especially the finals at Wimbledon or the finals at the US open

Tennis matches in person has a lot of smoking hot whores. The best part is they all show up in their tennis skirts to watch. Fucking love chicks in short skirts and white tennis shoes.

stuntmovie

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #96 on: April 23, 2017, 07:56:30 AM »
Latest LV Stadium Authority  news .... As of Thursday, 20 April 2017

According to a recent report the Raiders paid $3.5 million to play at Oakland-Alameda County Coliseum in 2016 and $925,000 for the 2015 season but under the most recent version of the Las Vegas stadium lease agreement which was unveiled last Thursday during a meeting of the public entity overseeing plans for the $1.9 billion project, the Raiders won’t pay any rent at all.

"It's based on the fact that the Raiders are going to be investing up to $1.15 billion and certainly taking the risk for any overruns," board chairman Steve Hill said after the meeting. "So, in order for that agreement to make financial sense, the revenue from the stadium needed to flow to those investors.”

stuntmovie

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #97 on: April 23, 2017, 08:22:58 AM »
And some other details discussed by LV Stadium Authority Board Members at that 20 April meeting ....

Stadium's insurance.
Stadium naming rights.
The stadium lease agreement
The timeline to have the stadium ready for the 2020 NFL season.
UNLV's right to use the stadium.

All agreements and documents are anticipated to be completed by the end of summer or early fall as the lease agreement and other crucial documents must be finalized before construction can begin.

The land has yet to be purchased.

Anything not resolved  past October will present a problem!

The next Las Vegas Stadium Authority Board meeting will take place on 11 May 2017.

stuntmovie

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #98 on: May 02, 2017, 04:23:50 PM »
The 62 acre parcel of vacant land on which the LV Raiders' Stadium will be built has been purchased.   More to follow...../

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #99 on: May 02, 2017, 04:27:26 PM »
The 62 acre parcel of vacant land on which the LV Raiders' Stadium will be built has been purchased.   More to follow...../

Oakland Raiders Select Nine Players In 2017 NFL Draft

Following the conclusion of the 2017 NFL Draft, Oakland Raiders General Manager Reggie McKenzie addressed the media, breaking down the additions the team made over the past 72 hours.

“I think the way it fell, we got a lot of players, at the end of the day, it looks like we needed,” explained McKenzie. “We felt like we got a lot of good players with high talent levels from top to bottom. Some are going to be more raw than others. We’re going to have to see down the line, more so. I think talking to the board, you said, ‘Job well done.’”

In total – after McKenzie shipped off a sixth round pick to the Arizona Cardinals in exchange for two sevenths – the Silver and Black finished draft weekend with a total of nine selections, six on defense, and three on offense.

Both McKenzie and Head Coach Jack Del Rio have said that they’ll be looking for improved play across the board from the defensive group in 2017, and the Raiders general manger is expecting that all six of the defensive rookies he added will come in and compete for playing time immediately.

“They’re all going to come in and compete,” McKenzie said. “We’re signing guys post-draft also. We’re going to give them all the opportunity to compete with the veterans that we already have on board. We hope that out of it all, the competition part of it, the cream rises and we have a very good 53-man roster.”