Author Topic: Dallas McCarver Drops Muscular Development Sponsorship  (Read 11720 times)

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
Vince, what the hell is going on? You are getbigs industry insider. Why the negative attitude?

Aaron knows what I think about it and I told him that it wasn't a good idea as it would result in lost revenue due to less advertising.  In addition, I feel that Shawn Ray while being his usual dickheaded self was not only doing his job but raised some great points that Dallas should take heed in. 

Here's the thing.  I have to take Dallas's word for it that he had bronchitis....however, there was no EMT assisting him, he didn't go to the hospital from what I understand, and he trained at the gym the following day.  I've had bronchitis and I had to stay in bed all day as tough as I am.  Quite frankly I don't know what's going on but I certainly hope Dallas takes care of himself
A

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
Re: Dallas McCarver Drops Muscular Development Sponsorship
« Reply #26 on: March 29, 2017, 09:51:32 PM »
Yeah, well - I write for MD now, so it's all good.

:-X

Who should I interview first?

PS - At least MD is still around!

MD is useless. It used to be a decent magazine when magazines were relevent.  When you don't pay your people or vendors, youre irrelevant and you have an employee that likes to stir shit not relevent to his job that causes your only athlete to leave, there is no at least MD is around.

I say at least RX Muscle is around. Palumbo and crew do good work. They are bodybuilding media.

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda

Aaron knows what I think about it and I told him that it wasn't a good idea as it would result in lost revenue due to less advertising.  In addition, I feel that Shawn Ray while being his usual dickheaded self was not only doing his job but raised some great points that Dallas should take heed in. 

Here's the thing.  I have to take Dallas's word for it that he had bronchitis....however, there was no EMT assisting him, he didn't go to the hospital from what I understand, and he trained at the gym the following day.  I've had bronchitis and I had to stay in bed all day as tough as I am.  Quite frankly I don't know what's going on but I certainly hope Dallas takes care of himself

Guy Cisterno said that Dallas was having seizures. Bronchitis doesn't cause seizures. Or, does it? Can any of the getbig medical doctors confirm or deny this?

X

Top Poodle

• Getbig IV
  • No trannies allowed.
« Reply #28 on: March 29, 2017, 10:30:44 PM »
He's just dropping them because he knows he failed big time this last off season, probably regressed, and is now in a world of shit.

Best thing to do for him would be disappear for a year or two, take time to recover, then come back stronger than ever (if he can).

Not keep pushing until death.

heenok

• Getbig IV
« Reply #29 on: March 30, 2017, 12:48:23 AM »
Thats a good decision, no one reads mags anymore, MD content is non existent and they are known to scam their partners and employees not paying them.
On the top of that he is being disrespected by this little rat of shawn ray, fuck i would have left a lot earlier.

Ronnie Rep

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #30 on: March 30, 2017, 07:08:54 AM »
MD losing any credibility they might of had left. I know Bodybuilding being mentioned in the same sentence with credibility is a joke. Palumbo gets it, Stevie B. is clueless.

Nails

• Getbig V
  • https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jsi5VTzJpPw
« Reply #31 on: March 30, 2017, 08:21:07 AM »

Rascal full

• Getbig IV
« Reply #32 on: March 30, 2017, 08:25:33 AM »
Dallas needs to man up and stop being such a bitch. Shawn Ray gave his opinion what he is paid to do.....you don't like it SugarPuff??......too damn bad. Not everyone is gonna crawl up your ass and tell you how wonderful you are.

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
« Reply #33 on: March 30, 2017, 08:56:39 AM »
I saw an MD in the airport kiosk a couple months ago, it is about 1/3 the size it used to be.  Advertisers must be fleeing at record numbers.

oldschoolfan

• Getbig V
Guy Cisterno said that Dallas was having seizures. Bronchitis doesn't cause seizures. Or, does it? Can any of the getbig medical doctors confirm or deny this?

sf if bronchitis caused him to have a seizure , i am not medical expert, but that had to be one of the worst cases of bronchitis ever,

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
sf if bronchitis caused him to have a seizure , i am not medical expert, but that had to be one of the worst cases of bronchitis ever,

OSF, I agree. Absolutely ridiculous. Bronchitis causing seizures lol
X

Nails

• Getbig V
  • https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jsi5VTzJpPw
« Reply #36 on: March 30, 2017, 04:48:18 PM »
Dave called Dallas a dumbfuck Moron a few times

The Keto Kid

• Getbig IV
« Reply #37 on: March 30, 2017, 05:51:33 PM »
How did a dude in such bad condition make it through a long ass flight from Australia to the US?

jude2

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #38 on: March 30, 2017, 07:28:20 PM »
How did a dude in such bad condition make it through a long ass flight from Australia to the US?
He was at the gym training the next day, so who knows with theses guys.

The Keto Kid

• Getbig IV
« Reply #39 on: March 30, 2017, 07:36:47 PM »
He was at the gym training the next day, so who knows with theses guys.
Could only imagine the poor person that had to sit next to that 300 pound meathead with "bronchitis" for an entire flight from Australia to the USA, talk about a rough flight.

Bevo

• Getbig V
  • Middle Urinal at Buc-ee’s
« Reply #40 on: March 30, 2017, 09:59:37 PM »
How do bbers inject their steriods on such long flights? Do they just disappear to the bathroom multiple times on flight? U know they can't miss their anabolic window

nzmusclemonster

• Getbig V
  • Serenity Now!
« Reply #41 on: March 30, 2017, 11:53:48 PM »
Why did my musclephonetm not give me this news?
P

obsidian

• Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: March 31, 2017, 12:21:39 AM »
Dallas needs to man up and stop being such a bitch. Shawn Ray gave his opinion what he is paid to do.....you don't like it SugarPuff??......too damn bad. Not everyone is gonna crawl up your ass and tell you how wonderful you are.
I like Dallas but yes I agree he should have not made a big deal about it. He did have a distended stomach in the Jim Manion posing routine. So Shawn made valid observations.

That being said his work ethic impresses the hell out of me. He is up there with Ronnie. Which current Pros can keep up with him and move weights the way he does? He is big as a house yet still has aesthetic lines. All he needs to do is refine and etch in more details.

Simple Simon

« Reply #43 on: March 31, 2017, 12:42:13 AM »
I like Dallas but yes I agree he should have not made a big deal about it. He did have a distended stomach in the Jim Manion posing routine. So Shawn made valid observations.

That being said his work ethic impresses the hell out of me. He is up there with Ronnie. Which current Pros can keep up with him and move weights the way he does? He is big as a house yet still has aesthetic lines. All he needs to do is refine and etch in more details.

none, because they are not idiots, they can see what's happened to Ronnie and train smarter., Apart from Branch and Jonnie.

insider

• Getbig III
« Reply #44 on: March 31, 2017, 04:15:03 AM »
This is all orchestrated by Singerman, I feel bad for Dallas, he is getting played
I know, you don't

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #45 on: March 31, 2017, 06:06:18 AM »

Pushing heavy weight does not equal work ethic. It just means that he is strong. He already has a shoulder injury, terrible split abs, and a subpar back thickness and detail compared to the amount of weight he moves. Plus, he's super sensitive. Far more so than Phil Heath, and that is saying something.

WalterWhite

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #46 on: March 31, 2017, 11:08:20 AM »
Pushing heavy weight does not equal work ethic. It just means that he is strong. He already has a shoulder injury, terrible split abs, and a subpar back thickness and detail compared to the amount of weight he moves. Plus, he's super sensitive. Far more so than Phil Heath, and that is saying something.

His split abs are genetic and pushing heavy weights is how you gain thickness and earn muscle (you know this).  He responds to an MD idiot who has more haters then phinsula health and he is deemed too sensitive.

He's a football player turned bb and has had pretty good success. He's no RC but he's not to blame for all the hype.

Why not work with Slingbladerman he seems to be doing just fine.

https://www.instagram.com/dallasmccarver/?hl=en

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #47 on: March 31, 2017, 11:53:07 AM »
His split abs are genetic and pushing heavy weights is how you gain thickness and earn muscle (you know this).  He responds to an MD idiot who has more haters then phinsula health and he is deemed too sensitive.

He's a football player turned bb and has had pretty good success. He's no RC but he's not to blame for all the hype.

Why not work with Slingbladerman he seems to be doing just fine.

https://www.instagram.com/dallasmccarver/?hl=en
Come on. What about the gut that he has? And how about the drugs that he is using? Why make it worse? The kid's abs are getting worse and worse and it looks terrible. It seems like that it could be a combo of things going on.
Stop making excuses for the sensitive kid.  He is sensitive because Shawn was right and he didn't want to admit it. He's always been told he is this and that and someone came with the truth. Like Shawn or not, the main reason why people don't like him in the industry, is not because he is cheap, but because he speaks his mind, and not a yes man to everybody. And that's one of the main things about bodybuilding, a bunch of insecure men, who are so willing to stick their heads in the ground, and say nothing, get used, and whine about placings, and when something goes down they don't stick up for themselves.

Was it not Shawn who talked about the salaries and health care for the competitors, when no one else would? Was it not Shawn that talked about "gurus" before? Was it not Shawn that had to watch a competitor (Flex) who is now friends with, going health issues, having to retire, and try to come back? And now cautions both Kevin and Flex on this "road to glory"?

Phil maybe whiny, maybe too sensitive, but at least he delivers on the hype. He is deserving of it, since he came on the scene. Dallas is one of those who finds it hard to live up to the hype, and now painted himself in a corner.
He is  indirectly responsible for the hype, because he allowed it, and he is trying to live up to it. Dallas is not mature enough to deal with criticism. What you are seeing now, is the dam starting to break, and him and his team doing damage control. Singerman seems to back guys who can't get it together. Plus, that whole PJ thing and the way that business venture went south, kinds speaks for itself.

WalterWhite

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #48 on: March 31, 2017, 12:13:05 PM »
Come on. What about the gut that he has? And how about the drugs that he is using? Why make it worse? The kid's abs are getting worse and worse and it looks terrible. It seems like that it could be a combo of things going on.
Stop making excuses for the sensitive kid.  He is sensitive because Shawn was right and he didn't want to admit it. He's always been told he is this and that and someone came with the truth. Like Shawn or not, the main reason why people don't like him in the industry, is not because he is cheap, but because he speaks his mind, and not a yes man to everybody. And that's one of the main things about bodybuilding, a bunch of insecure men, who are so willing to stick their heads in the ground, and say nothing, get used, and whine about placings, and when something goes down they don't stick up for themselves.

Was it not Shawn who talked about the salaries and health care for the competitors, when no one else would? Was it not Shawn that talked about "gurus" before? Was it not Shawn that had to watch a competitor (Flex) who is now friends with, going health issues, having to retire, and try to come back? And now cautions both Kevin and Flex on this "road to glory"?

Phil maybe whiny, maybe too sensitive, but at least he delivers on the hype. He is deserving of it, since he came on the scene. Dallas is one of those who finds it hard to live up to the hype, and now painted himself in a corner.
He is  indirectly responsible for the hype, because he allowed it, and he is trying to live up to it. Dallas is not mature enough to deal with criticism. What you are seeing now, is the dam starting to break, and him and his team doing damage control. Singerman seems to back guys who can't get it together. Plus, that whole PJ thing and the way that business venture went south, kinds speaks for itself.

Well he is 25 and that's like being 18 or even 16 back in our day. :D  I'm not going to write a book we just see this from a different perspective. He can turn this around, become another YT warrior or use his college degree for something else. He worked for MD and had a mile long, in depth thread there so he was earning his keep. Shawn was all over him and he fired back (in albeit a millennial fashion). Shawn could be his dad so maybe Dallas should have called him but it is what it is.  Shawn speaks his mind but his delivery could use some work at times (as a professional journalist). He is riding Dallas with a crybaby pic in almost every thread on MD. Let's see what happens when they next meet.

If you consider his placings not being able to "get it together" then what is getting it together? There are guys in their 30's like Viz still chasing the pro card which he got at 20 or 21. He won a low tier pro show and had two top ten placings at the Olympia. Not bad. His second at the Arnold must have also been pretty cool for a young bodybuilder. I think he won around 75k so again "not getting it together".

If his career is over for whatever reason it was a good run.

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #49 on: March 31, 2017, 12:33:10 PM »
Well he is 25 and that's like being 18 or even 16 back in our day. :D  I'm not going to write a book we just see this from a different perspective. He can turn this around, become another YT warrior or use his college degree for something else. He worked for MD and had a mile long, in depth thread there so he was earning his keep. Shawn was all over him and he fired back (in albeit a millennial fashion). Shawn could be his dad so maybe Dallas should have called him but it is what it is.  Shawn speaks his mind but his delivery could use some work at times (as a professional journalist). He is riding Dallas with a crybaby pic in almost every thread on MD. Let's see what happens when they next meet.

If you consider his placings not being able to "get it together" then what is getting it together? There are guys in their 30's like Viz still chasing the pro card which he got at 20 or 21. He won a low tier pro show and had two top ten placings at the Olympia. Not bad. His second at the Arnold must have also been pretty cool for a young bodybuilder. I think he won around 75k so again "not getting it together".

If his career is over for whatever reason it was a good run.

Shawn used to post here, and he and Lee held their own (As well as Chick). The sensitive ones like Kamali (who claimed he was hardcore) melted down like Dallas.
Shawn will always be who he is, he gets under people's skin, lacks tact with certain things. He's the friend that will tell you that YLLS, when all the others will lie to you. People today love to be lied to.
I think Dallas has gotten gift placings due to hype, and what you will see, if he doesn't pull himself together, is either a slow decline, or a fast track downhill. And the forum jackals everywhere will feast on the carcass.

He will go down with the likes of Melvin Anthony, Chris Cook, Tom Prince, and that Jamaican dude with huge quads (not Capriese Murray).