Getbig Bodybuilding, Figure and Fitness Forums
July 16, 2018, 04:36:05 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Oldtimer1  (Read 17835 times)
oldtimer1
Getbig V

Getbig!

« Reply #50 on: July 04, 2018, 03:36:30 PM »

Trained legs today. I got really dizzy to the point someone asked me if I was alright. I do train to absolute exhaustion/failure. The gym was packed and I did leg presses, squats and the kick back leg machine rushing through the workout when the dizziness began. I took a short break and finished the work out that included the standard stuff like leg extensions, leg curls, standing calf, seated calf and abs.

Thinking at my age even though I'm in good shape maybe it's time to stop training HIT style. Might be too hard on the heart to repeatedly go to failure every damn set. It also could be I'm out in the sun too much lately. Spent 8 days in over 100 degree weather in California then came home to NJ heat hanging poolside and running in the sun for another week.

Damn if I'm having heart issues I'm going to be pissed. I worked out my whole life and I'm only 59. 
Report to moderator   Logged
IroNat
Getbig III

« Reply #51 on: July 04, 2018, 03:44:09 PM »

Most likely you are just over-doing it.

How's your blood pressure?

I sometimes get a bit dizzy after doing a set of deadlifts.
oldtimer1
Getbig V

Getbig!

« Reply #52 on: July 04, 2018, 06:28:00 PM »

Most likely you are just over-doing it.

How's your blood pressure?

I sometimes get a bit dizzy after doing a set of deadlifts.

My blood pressure is 110/70.
Primemuscle
Getbig V

Be honest...

« Reply #53 on: July 04, 2018, 09:08:44 PM »

Whenever someone posts something upsetting, it makes me dizzy. I don't think it's my heart though.  Grin
IroNat
Getbig III

« Reply #54 on: July 05, 2018, 02:31:04 AM »

You might be hyperventilating when you do your set.

oldtimer1
Getbig V

Getbig!

« Reply #55 on: July 05, 2018, 05:56:47 AM »

Going for a run. If I don't post again it means I dropped dead.
IroNat
Getbig III

« Reply #56 on: July 05, 2018, 07:08:50 AM »

Going for a run. If I don't post again it means I dropped dead.

Make sure you are wearing your Life Alert.
oldtimer1
Getbig V

Getbig!

« Reply #57 on: July 05, 2018, 09:28:14 AM »

Still alive. Ran 3 miles in near 90 degree humid heat. No problems.  Cheesy
The Scott
Getbig V

I don't give a Pooh...

« Reply #58 on: July 05, 2018, 04:47:35 PM »

Still alive. Ran 3 miles in near 90 degree humid heat. No problems.  Cheesy

Good job!  I couldn't run three miles unless it was down a mine shaft and I didn't bounce off the sides.   Grin

I trained H.I.T. today, albeit in the more traditional manner Mentzer advocated in the  late 70s.  Six sets each of shoulders, back and chest with pre-exhaustion used twice in each movement.  Heavy (for me, LOL!) weight but primarily on machines, sorry...I can no longer handle much free weight on certain exercises safely.   Grin
oldtimer1
Getbig V

Getbig!

« Reply #59 on: July 05, 2018, 07:27:17 PM »

Scott, my normal HIT routine is 6 to 8 sets a body part. I guess more of a Mentzer type HIT too. For an example my usual lat routine now is: Pulldowns 2 x 10, Low seated cable rows 2 x 12, Single dumbbell rows off a bench 2 x 10 and I finish off with Hammer strength pulldowns 2 x 10.  So 8 sets for lats.
oldtimer1
Getbig V

Getbig!

« Reply #60 on: July 06, 2018, 05:57:12 PM »

Hit the gym with my son. We trained delts and arms. Sometimes together and sometimes apart. He came back from Afghanistan about a month ago. He is in the Army with the Airborne. I haven't seen him in a year. He came back in apparent great spirits so it was a relief. Two guys from his unit came home in a box to their family. We have a giant sign in the front yard welcoming him home. He surprised us by coming home a day earlier than he told us. His sister and her husband picked him up. We were in the pool floating having cocktails. My wife wept and screamed with joy. The family dog went crazy seeing his pal again.

My son lifts but isn't hard core about it. He does his running and body weight stuff. Tomorrow is a big back yard party for him. Family and friends are coming from near and far. The Italian wife is cooking like a person possessed.

Luke 15:24, "For this my son was dead, and is alive again; he was lost, and is found. And they began to celebrate"

* Prodigal.jpg (18.39 KB, 480x360 - viewed 34 times.)
IroNat
Getbig III

« Reply #61 on: July 09, 2018, 07:37:35 AM »

Fantastic.

A great day.
oldtimer1
Getbig V

Getbig!

« Reply #62 on: July 10, 2018, 06:05:16 PM »

Spoke to a doctor who lifts at my gym about my dizzy spells lifting. The guy lifts sick weights.  Strong as a house. He asked me what I was doing prior. Told him squats and leg presses. He laughed and said he gets dizzy and faint after deadlifts and squats sometimes. He said don't worry about it. Famous last words.  Grin
Primemuscle
Getbig V

Be honest...

« Reply #63 on: July 11, 2018, 01:35:17 PM »

Spoke to a doctor who lifts at my gym about my dizzy spells lifting. The guy lifts sick weights.  Strong as a house. He asked me what I was doing prior. Told him squats and leg presses. He laughed and said he gets dizzy and faint after deadlifts and squats sometimes. He said don't worry about it. Famous last words.  Grin

He's right. Don't worry about it.
chaos
Getbig V

Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan

« Reply #64 on: July 11, 2018, 02:56:02 PM »

Hit the gym with my son. We trained delts and arms. Sometimes together and sometimes apart. He came back from Afghanistan about a month ago. He is in the Army with the Airborne. I haven't seen him in a year. He came back in apparent great spirits so it was a relief. Two guys from his unit came home in a box to their family. We have a giant sign in the front yard welcoming him home. He surprised us by coming home a day earlier than he told us. His sister and her husband picked him up. We were in the pool floating having cocktails. My wife wept and screamed with joy. The family dog went crazy seeing his pal again.

My son lifts but isn't hard core about it. He does his running and body weight stuff. Tomorrow is a big back yard party for him. Family and friends are coming from near and far. The Italian wife is cooking like a person possessed.

Luke 15:24, "For this my son was dead, and is alive again; he was lost, and is found. And they began to celebrate"
Nice.

Liar!!!!Filt!!!!
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Theme created by Egad Community. Powered by MySQL Powered by PHP Powered by SMF 1.1.20 | SMF © 2013, Simple Machines Valid XHTML 1.0! Valid CSS!