Author Topic: ..we’ve had one of the most successful 13 weeks in the history of the presidency  (Read 2891 times)

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
“I think we’ve had one of the most successful 13 weeks in the history of the presidency,”

ignoring the obvious fact that his time in office has been one self inflicted disaster after another... he's  only been in office for 11 weeks

http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/327669-trump-weve-had-one-of-the-most-successful-13-weeks-in-history

Nick Danger

• Getbig V

ignoring the obvious fact that his time in office has been one self inflicted disaster after another... he's  only been in office for 11 weeks

http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/327669-trump-weve-had-one-of-the-most-successful-13-weeks-in-history

I wonder if he really believes it.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit

You mean the fake disasters conjured up by the left that failed?

mazrim

• Getbig V
You mean the fake disasters conjured up by the left that failed?
They've kind of added to the appearance of a more successful presidency. The continuous outing of them as wrong after hyping up another false story is doing nothing for them.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
They've kind of added to the appearance of a more successful presidency. The continuous outing of them as wrong after hyping up another false story is doing nothing for them.

You mean like his failed travel ban (failed twice now) with the first attempt to roll out being a complete embarrassment
Having to fire his national security advisor within weeks of taking office
Failed to pass Obamacare replacement (even though his party controls congress)
Members of his campaign staff and transition team under active investigation by FBI and both branches of congress (and as you well know NOTHING has been proven false yet)
Oh shit, almost forgot having RECORD low approval ratings

So zero accomplishments and a bunch of self inflicted wounds = "one of the most successful 13 weeks in the history of the presidency"

Oh yeah, forgot to mention - not being able to count the number of weeks he has been POTUS correctly

If we take this statement by Trump at face value is literally completely out of touch with reality

https://www.facebook.com/TheEconomist/videos/10155245514094060/

Al Doggity

• Getbig V
  • Old School Gemini
You mean like his failed travel ban (failed twice now) with the first attempt to roll out being a complete embarrassment
Members of his campaign staff and transition team under active investigation by FBI and both branches of congress (and as you well know NOTHING has been proven false yet)

So zero accomplishments and a bunch of self inflicted wounds = "one of the most successful 13 weeks in the history of the presidency"

Oh yeah, forgot to mention - not being able to count the number of weeks he has been POTUS correctly

If we take this statement by Trump at face value is literally completely out of touch with reality

Whuh? He gave a state of the union address... And he orchestrated a military action. He's presidential now.

On another board i post on we've been not joking about when he would stage a terrorist attack to buoy his presidency. I guess this did in a pinch.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
I wonder if he really believes it.

I'm open to the possibility that Trump has/had access to secret government time travel technology

he might be a huge success 2 weeks from now

I wish he would spill that info

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit

https://www.facebook.com/TheEconomist/videos/10155245514094060/

Oh, you mean the fake "Muslim ban" that was blocked by the ultra Marxist 12th circuit that's been overturned 80% of the time because they can't rule on law instead of what THEY think is right? Yeah, great fuckkng example

TuHolmes

• Getbig V
  • Darkness is fated to eventually be destroyed...
Oh, you mean the fake "Muslim ban" that was blocked by the ultra Marxist 12th circuit that's been overturned 80% of the time because they can't rule on law instead of what THEY think is right? Yeah, great fuckkng example

What was fake about it?

Trump called it a Muslim ban. That's why they blocked it. Because of words he used.

Trump also didn't fight it. Because he knew he wouldn't get it overturned.

If it was such a slam dunk it would be overturned, then why didn't he fight it?

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
What was fake about it?

Trump called it a Muslim ban. That's why they blocked it. Because of words he used.

Trump also didn't fight it. Because he knew he wouldn't get it overturned.

If it was such a slam dunk it would be overturned, then why didn't he fight it?

I don't give a shit what Trump called it while running, Obama was the one that labeled these countries and Trump banned them. I forget. How many countries are considered Muslim but NOT banned? Why not just ban all of them if it were truly a "Muslim ban"?

TuHolmes

• Getbig V
I don't give a shit what Trump called it while running, Obama was the one that labeled these countries and Trump banned them. I forget. How many countries are considered Muslim but NOT banned? Why not just ban all of them if it were truly a "Muslim ban"?

Because those countries he has money in?

It's well documented.

You should care what Trump called it because THATS WHAT HE SAID, and what was construed in court as statements that reflect intent.

It's like if you say you're going to kill someone and accidentally run over them with your car, your ass is charged with murder because you made statements relating to killing them.

It shows intent. That's what courts rule on.

You can also not care, but again, as you wish to ignore, Trump's attorneys realized they couldn't win.

Hell the new ban is blocked too isn't it?

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit

It's well documented.

You should care what Trump called it because THATS WHAT HE SAID, and what was construed in court as statements that reflect intent.

It's like if you say you're going to kill someone and accidentally run over them with your car, your ass is charged with murder because you made statements relating to killing them.

You can also not care, but again, as you wish to ignore, Trump's attorneys realized they couldn't win.

Oh I see, you think Trump has money in all Muslim majority countries but the 6 that were banned? Gotcha

TuHolmes

• Getbig V
Oh I see, you think Trump has money in all Muslim majority countries but the 6 that were banned? Gotcha

Actually, that's documented, but what's interesting is pretty common for you, find ways to not respond to all points and just pick one teeny one that you think gives you some leverage.

Why I even converse with you is really beyond me. You're such an idiot.

Top Poodle

• Getbig IV
  • No trannies allowed.

It's well documented.

It's well documented he has money in piss-poor Libya, Somalia, Sudan, Syria and Yemen?

::)

Top Poodle

• Getbig IV
  • No trannies allowed.
Actually, that's documented, but what's interesting is pretty common for you, find ways to not respond to all points and just pick one teeny one that you think gives you some leverage.

WOW is that ironic coming from you

TuHolmes

• Getbig V
It's well documented he has money in piss-poor Libya, Somalia, Sudan, Syria and Yemen?

::)

No.

The countries he didn't have on the ban list. He had business interests in those locations.

WOW is that ironic coming from you

I guess considering you are incorrectly interpreting my posts, it's irony all around.

Top Poodle

• Getbig IV
  • No trannies allowed.
No.

The countries he didn't have on the ban list. He had business interests in those locations.

I guess considering you are incorrectly interpreting my posts, it's irony all around.

I take back my last post here about the irony. You're not an idiot.  You've shown you can consider an alternate view point without blowing up.

So props, I wasn't expecting that, and now we can have a real discussion.

TuHolmes

• Getbig V
I take back my last post here about the irony. You're not an idiot.  You've shown you can consider an alternate view point without blowing up.

So props, I wasn't expecting that, and now we can have a real discussion.

Cool by me. I am not going to meltdown over a politician as long as my family is safe and secure, I'm good.

Do you believe Trump's presidency has been successful?

If so, what do you think his successes have been?

I think he's given back a lot of confidence in the US economy and while the markets have been up and down a bit the past couple of weeks, it's still pretty stable.

I think that's a success.

Top Poodle

• Getbig IV
  • No trannies allowed.
Cool by me. I am not going to meltdown over a politician as long as my family is safe and secure, I'm good.

Do you believe Trump's presidency has been successful?

If so, what do you think his successes have been?

I think he's given back a lot of confidence in the US economy and while the markets have been up and down a bit the past couple of weeks, it's still pretty stable.

I think that's a success.

Yes I'm a huge fan of what he's been able to do in the situation he inherited.

Keep in mind that I wasn't paying ANY attention to politics prior to January of this year. So none of my positions on what's happening were tainted by preconceived notions or affected by emotional attachment to any specific characters or parties

Basically i came into all this fresh and tried to be as objective as possible about everything that's been happening.

Nick Danger

• Getbig V

Keep in mind that I wasn't paying ANY attention to politics prior to January of this year. So none of my positions on what's happening were tainted by preconceived notions or affected by emotional attachment to any specific characters or parties

Basically i came into all this fresh and tried to be as objective as possible about everything that's been happening.

If you were following politics previously, you'd realize that Trump inherited a pretty good "situation".

TuHolmes

• Getbig V

What negatives did he inherit? I mean I think the debt is ridiculously messed up and of course, there's a lot of libertarian policies I would like to see implemented, as I am not a huge fan of the hand out situation we have at times.

I am, however, a hand "up" kind of person.

Just wondering what the negatives you feel Trump has been able to overcome.

I am extremely secular, so I don't like banning any religion, that said, as much as I may be for the extreme vetting, Trump really screws the pooch on his ban. I am also one of the people who thinks that people can say what they want, but worldwide, killing people in the name of religion in today's world, seems to be monopolized by people of the Muslim faith.

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.

Coach is so glaringly stupid that when I read his posts, sometimes I have to squint. 

Al Doggity

• Getbig V
  • Old School Gemini

I've seen you post this a few times in a few different threads.  Not following politics prior to a few months ago does not mean you are more objective than others and your opinion is unbiased. If you are an adult human being, it would have been impossible not to observe the world around you and form opinions and biases, so of course your opinions are tainted by preconceived notions. Additionally, politics is such a complicated  thing that I don't think most people would consider only following it for 4 months a reason to give your opinion MORE weight.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit

It's well documented.

The ban is blocked (again) because the 12th circuit fails to recognize that in cases like this the President has full authority when it comes to security of our country not because of what he said prior in a campaign speech. Again, this is why the 12th circuit has been over ruled more than 80% and this is what happens when you have activist judges in an ultra-liberal state. The decision(s) were political.  

If it went to this court a hundred times it would get shot down a hundred times.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
Not a Muslim Ban at all.  Some of the world's largest Muslim countries are not even included and Trump does not have any business interests in countries such as Bangladesh, Nigeria, ans other Sub-Saharan African nations that have an incredible amount of Muslims.  If this were a Muslim ban, those countries would CERTAINLY be included.  No where in the language of the order states anything about Muslims.

If taken to court, Trump would easily win if it were 100 percent based on law.