Author Topic: United Airlines Overbooks Flights - and Beats up a Paying Passenger  (Read 66488 times)

bigkid

• Getbig IV
Re: United Airlines Overbooks Flights - and Beats up a Paying Passenger
« Reply #125 on: April 11, 2017, 01:09:29 PM »
you think their stock nosedived overnight because the majority of observers thought the passenger was in the wrong ?

you dumb turd.
Nosedived?  It was up yesterday and was down 1.15% today.  That's nothing.

Yamcha

• Getbig V
  • Fundie
« Reply #126 on: April 11, 2017, 01:13:06 PM »
a

Zillotch

• Getbig V
  • the smoke of their torment ascendeth up for ever
« Reply #127 on: April 11, 2017, 01:13:29 PM »
you think their stock nosedived overnight because the majority of observers thought the passenger was in the wrong ?

I called you an imbecile because 'general consensus' matters not in regard to my statement of fact, dummy.

Palumboism

• Getbig IV
« Reply #128 on: April 11, 2017, 01:14:32 PM »
LOL at people talking about the stock.  Who cares about lost market cap.  Shit happens everyday.  Apple's market cap is down over 5 billion today! OMG!!

It's not about the stock price, it's about the perception that 300 million Americans have about how United treats it's customers.  United Airline's slogan is "Fly the Friendly Skies".  For over forty years "Fly the Friendly Skies" is the perception United wanted customers to have of it's Airline.  Forty years of work ruined in less than five minutes.

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
  • DON'T BE A TRAITOR TO YOUR TRIBE
Re: What happens when United Airlines overbooks a flight?
« Reply #129 on: April 11, 2017, 01:16:01 PM »
Man, the Airline industry....

It's really just an offset of the Government.

bigkid

• Getbig IV
« Reply #130 on: April 11, 2017, 01:24:20 PM »
It's not about the stock price, it's about the perception that 300 million Americans have about how United treats it's customers.  United Airline's slogan is "Fly the Friendly Skies".  For over forty years "Fly the Friendly Skies" is the perception United wanted customers to have of it's Airline.  Forty years of work ruined in less than five minutes.

That's a total overreaction.  Will not matter.  In 1993 Jack in the box had an e-coli outbreak and killed 4 kids.  They're still successful and in business. BP had a oil well blow killing 11 people and dumping over 200 million gallons of oil into the gulf.  They're still in business and worth over 100 billion.  Airlines have plane crashes where 100+ people die and they're still in business.  I could go on and on.  This will not matter long term.  Not even a little bit.

Conker

• Getbig IV
  • looks like you went for the overcooked potato look
« Reply #131 on: April 11, 2017, 01:26:19 PM »
I called you an imbecile because 'general consensus' matters not in regard to my statement of fact, dummy.

you stated that no one on the plane had the right to disobey authority (or some gaylord shite to that effect)

that was simply YOUR OPINION. I pointed out that given the following events YOUR OPINION was not shared by the majority.

get it now idiot?

Zillotch

• Getbig V
« Reply #132 on: April 11, 2017, 01:30:47 PM »
get it now idiot?

I got it before... hence 'imbecile', bears repeating, tho - u r a fuking imbecile.

Palumboism

• Getbig IV
« Reply #133 on: April 11, 2017, 01:32:09 PM »
They're still successful and in business. BP had a oil well blow killing 11 people and dumping over 200 million gallons of oil into the gulf.  They're still in business and worth over 100 billion. 

Deepwater Horizon cost BP shareholders dearly.  

Conker

• Getbig IV
« Reply #134 on: April 11, 2017, 01:42:47 PM »
I got it before... hence 'imbecile', bears repeating, tho - u r a fuking imbecile.

explain how a man who pays for a seat on a plane is even allowed take his seat on said plane has no right to tell the airline to fk off when they decide their need to let one of their employees take his seat trumps his need to get where he is going on time

you yanks make me laugh. harp on about being the country of the free. "gotta keep all our guns so we can stand up to the authorities"

and then any incident like this where those in "authority" are blatantly taking the p1ss. and then all you fags are like "oh well you can't disobey authority"

absolute homo idiot.

bigkid

• Getbig IV
« Reply #135 on: April 11, 2017, 01:43:42 PM »
Deepwater Horizon cost BP shareholders dearly.  
Yet they're still in business and making money. 11 people died and they caused a horrible environmental catastrophe.  We're talking about a guy getting dragged off a plane. It will pass and United will be more then fine.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
« Reply #136 on: April 11, 2017, 01:47:08 PM »
Who knew there were so many babies on Getbig. hahahhaha

Zillotch

• Getbig V
« Reply #137 on: April 11, 2017, 01:48:51 PM »
explain

even if I thought that u were able to comprehend reality, which I do not think that u are.... I still would not bother explaining... because once u did comprehend reality.... u would immediately deny it.

Conker

• Getbig IV
« Reply #138 on: April 11, 2017, 01:57:47 PM »
even if I thought that u were able to comprehend reality, which I do not think that u are.... I still would not bother explaining... because once u did comprehend reality.... u would immediately deny it.

translation

i am a cuck @ss fag. i would let anyone take anything from me without any resistance because i have no testicles.

Simple Simon

Re: What happens when United Airlines overbooks a flight?
« Reply #139 on: April 11, 2017, 02:00:03 PM »

He's a medical doctor so 800 dollars is peanuts to him.  Of course, now he'll have a peanut farm.  United Airline stocks are way down right now and have lost over 900 million dollars in market capitalization.  This is a PR nightmare of all proportions. 

You know....I'm sure that Pepsi is smiling now since that incident with the protesting mudshark TV ad.   ;D

$800 is not peanuts to anyone, fuck me I bet you have never seen $800 all in one place.

Airline stocks are down, so fucking what, people will buy them again and they will go up, in fact nows the time to buy them due to silly knee jerk reactions by fuckwits, and no, hes not going to get rich off the back of this.

ratherbebig

• Getbig V
  • if you got more than 10k you're gay
« Reply #140 on: April 11, 2017, 02:01:17 PM »
people are forced to leave airplanes, trains, buses etc all the time for numerous reasons

big deal

ratherbebig

• Getbig V
« Reply #141 on: April 11, 2017, 02:03:23 PM »
4 days ago:

WASHINGTON (ABC7) — Striding through Reagan National Airport, musician John Kaboff was one upset passenger.
"I was mortified to have to be removed from a flight, like I just committed a crime," he said.
The 46-year-old cellist was sitting in his seat, on an American Airlines flight to Chicago, when he says a flight attendant and the pilot asked him to leave.
"The cello was not allowed on this particular aircraft," Kaboff said the flight crew told him. "Either I could voluntarily leave, or I could be removed from the airplane."
All this, because of his $100,000 cello, sitting in a seat he had paid for.

ratherbebig

• Getbig V
« Reply #142 on: April 11, 2017, 02:07:47 PM »
Family With Autistic Daughter Forced Off Plane
A United Airlines jet made an emergency landing as the pilot was not "comfortable" with the 15-year-old on board, her mother says.

---

A 5-foot-4, 110-pound woman had already stowed her bags and was buckled in her seat when she was asked to leave the plane to provide room for a large person to sit in two seats. The late-to-arrive large person was a 14-year-old girl whose parents had only purchased one seat, a violation of the airline’s “Customer of Size” policies.

---

The Mortimores were forced to cancel their first overseas holiday in eight years because fellow plane passengers refused to let them sit together.

---

"Delta passenger says she was forced off plane for appearing sick "

---

Woman Forced Off Plane For Singing Whitney Houston’s ‘I Will Always Love You’

etc
etc
etc

Simple Simon

« Reply #143 on: April 11, 2017, 02:08:19 PM »
Me and my wife once turned up at the airport for a holiday to Tenerife.
They told us it was overbooked and offered us a refund.
I said I wanted to go somewhere else as we were at the airport and ready for a holiday, they found us a holiday in Gran Canaria, gave us a full refund and the holiday for free.

Maybe I should have screamed like a stuck pig at the counter and caused a scene, after all why let the airlines treat you like shit

ratherbebig

• Getbig V
« Reply #144 on: April 11, 2017, 02:11:11 PM »
Disabled woman forced off bus for not having MOBILITY SCOOTER pass

Mum forced off bus because one of her twins 'wouldn't stop crying'

Woman forced off bus for wearing 'too many' Stars of David ...

'Humiliated' mother forced off bus for breastfeeding

ratherbebig

• Getbig V
« Reply #145 on: April 11, 2017, 02:14:08 PM »
Bodybuilder breaks into German chancellor Angela Merkel's plane

Authorities would not comment on reports that Volkan T. was dancing around on the plane in his underpants when he was caught by police.

Simple Simon

« Reply #146 on: April 11, 2017, 02:14:50 PM »
Disabled woman forced off bus for not having MOBILITY SCOOTER pass

Mum forced off bus because one of her twins 'wouldn't stop crying'

Woman forced off bus for wearing 'too many' Stars of David ...

'Humiliated' mother forced off bus for breastfeeding

"You can do anything you want in life but if other people dont like what you are doing they will stop you."

Rambone

• Getbig V
  • “Billy’s taking Art? What the hell for?”
« Reply #147 on: April 11, 2017, 02:31:04 PM »
Since this thread was created, United Airlines is down $1 per share. What a move! Yawwwwn

Conker

• Getbig IV
« Reply #148 on: April 11, 2017, 02:33:36 PM »
Me and my wife once turned up at the airport for a holiday to Tenerife.
They told us it was overbooked and offered us a refund.
I said I wanted to go somewhere else as we were at the airport and ready for a holiday, they found us a holiday in Gran Canaria, gave us a full refund and the holiday for free.

Maybe I should have screamed like a stuck pig at the counter and caused a scene, after all why let the airlines treat you like shit

there's a big difference between not being able to board a flight due to overbooking and being allowed to board and take your seat, to then be told you must leave.

the airline had obviously royally fked up by getting into a position where they had to ask seated passengers to volunteer to leave. as said by others at that stage they should have just kept upping the offer money until there were some takers(which would have eventually happened).

whatever they ended up paying it would have been far cheaper than the cost of the pr nightmare their chosen action has caused.

the airline industry is full of scumbag companies ime. in the last couple years i've had flights cancelled for over booking  24 hrs before when went to check in online. ended up having to get up at 4am and drive a hundred miles to take another flight to salvage a family xmas holiday.

and another airline refuse to pay industry regulation compensation for 10hr maintenance delay until i started legal action.

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #149 on: April 11, 2017, 02:41:54 PM »
I fingered a random whore on a plane.  Never saw her again.