Author Topic: Blue Stars and DOMS.  (Read 120735 times)

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
Re: Blue Stars and DOMS.
« Reply #575 on: May 05, 2017, 04:09:28 AM »
Maybe try a hex bar.

Bodybuilders believe things like a religion. Why do dangerous exercises?

You don't have to do so many exercises. Give your body a rest and you might grow again.

FitnessFrenzy

• Getbig V
  • evolving
« Reply #576 on: May 05, 2017, 07:32:49 AM »

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #577 on: May 05, 2017, 07:34:25 AM »
Maybe try a hex bar.

I've been saying this forever.

Waller

• Getbig IV
« Reply #578 on: May 05, 2017, 07:57:37 AM »

You don't have to do so many exercises. Give your body a rest and you might grow again.

I thought no rest and constant DOMS would make you grow? Now it's get some rest?

ProudVirgin69

• Getbig V
  • hardcore redneck electric champion
« Reply #579 on: May 05, 2017, 12:40:29 PM »
Vince can you tell us the origin of the phrase "What you!"?  I remember there being some kind of story behind it

Surfboard 1717

« Reply #580 on: May 05, 2017, 03:20:36 PM »

Fat old man .................... ::)

Surfboard 1717

« Reply #581 on: May 05, 2017, 03:23:56 PM »
how do you get such a great peak on your biceps?

Because he travels 75km (each way) to supinate biceps in "his" gym .................... :D

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #582 on: May 05, 2017, 07:01:32 PM »
Vince can you tell us the origin of the phrase "What you!"?  I remember there being some kind of story behind it

A foreign guy he was speaking with.  It's funny, because since he's mentioned it I've noticed a few say it. "What you?"

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #583 on: May 05, 2017, 07:36:59 PM »
I thought no rest and constant DOMS would make you grow? Now it's get some rest?

You have to consider doing less training overall. That way DOMS training can target some muscles and not the whole body. Most guys do too much and literally can't grow.

rocket

• Getbig V
  • Not a champion
« Reply #584 on: May 05, 2017, 08:33:46 PM »

I tore my right biceps doing a deadlift with 509 pounds. Had an operation to repair it but not successful. So I tell everyone

not to do heavy deadlifts. Does anyone listen? Nope, dumb as the bells they lift.

Torn biceps from heavy deadlifts is a statistically unlikely scenario.  I've never known anybody to suffer it and I know plenty of people who deadlift that and more.

It's dumb to assume that your single experience carries the weight of total avoidance for the rest of the populace.

It could happen to any of us - but it doesn't constitute total avoidance.

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #585 on: May 05, 2017, 09:17:39 PM »
Torn biceps from heavy deadlifts is a statistically unlikely scenario.  I've never known anybody to suffer it and I know plenty of people who deadlift that and more.

It's dumb to assume that your single experience carries the weight of total avoidance for the rest of the populace.

It could happen to any of us - but it doesn't constitute total avoidance.

My Dad warned me about lifting heavy weights. I disregarded such advice since my experience proved otherwise. I felt invincible....I considered my muscles could handle heavy loads.

You would think a gym owner, former PE teacher, champion bodybuilder and student of exercise science would be listened to especially with almost 60 years experience training with weights. I see plenty of slender guys doing deadlifts that hardly benefit them at all. They bang the heavy weights on the floor to show people they are strong. They really shouldn't waste time doing such an unproductive exercise.

If we look at the BB who lifted really heavy, eg., Dorian and Ronnie they both tore muscles. That should be a lesson to everyone training hard.

bigmc

• Getbig V
« Reply #586 on: May 05, 2017, 09:20:30 PM »
You have to consider doing less training overall. That way DOMS training can target some muscles and not the whole body. Most guys do too much and literally can't grow.

is that why you only train arms

yet your stomach has grown massively
T

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #587 on: May 05, 2017, 10:50:14 PM »
is that why you only train arms?

Yes, and the results are very satisfactory. Thanks for your support.

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #588 on: May 06, 2017, 05:47:03 AM »
AJ said that the full benefits of squats and deads can be achieved without using more than 3 bills on them

bigmc

• Getbig V
« Reply #589 on: May 06, 2017, 09:50:14 AM »
AJ said that the full benefits of squats and deads can be achieved without using more than 3 bills on them

T

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #590 on: May 06, 2017, 11:45:53 AM »

FFS, he should NEVER wear shorts :D

rocket

• Getbig V
  • Not a champion
« Reply #591 on: May 07, 2017, 01:37:53 AM »
My Dad warned me about lifting heavy weights. I disregarded such advice since my experience proved otherwise. I felt invincible....I considered my muscles could handle heavy loads.

You would think a gym owner, former PE teacher, champion bodybuilder and student of exercise science would be listened to especially with almost 60 years experience training with weights. I see plenty of slender guys doing deadlifts that hardly benefit them at all. They bang the heavy weights on the floor to show people they are strong. They really shouldn't waste time doing such an unproductive exercise.

If we look at the BB who lifted really heavy, eg., Dorian and Ronnie they both tore muscles. That should be a lesson to everyone training hard.

"Unproductive" by what gauge?  That they are slender?  You're forgetting that some of us lift weight because it's great fun to lift heavy and it is literally sport to do so.  I know quite a few "slender" guys who are capable of deadlifting far more than what you did and the fact that they are slender doesn't make it pointless - it makes it impressive.  They will never be thong warriors, of course - but that isn't their cup of tea (or mine).

As for that "you would think" line, I couldn't disagree more.  I think you have a poor attitude and your opinion should be taken with a grain of salt.  What do I mean by that?  I mean by using your singular experience of tearing a muscle (and a few experiences of two professional bodybuilders who probably didn't tear their muscles, deadlifting anyway) to constitute an informed opinion, you're telling me that you are tremendously unscientific and that your words are that of someone who wants to be recognised for his achievements, more than he wants to give good advice.

Nether Animal

• Getbig V
  • Team Mower Forever
« Reply #592 on: May 07, 2017, 01:57:35 AM »
FFS, he should NEVER wear shorts :D

Groink esque... who would take a pic like that? dj's upper body is shredded but the wheels should stay hidden...

bigmc

• Getbig V
« Reply #593 on: May 07, 2017, 03:06:59 AM »
Groink esque... who would take a pic like that? dj's upper body is shredded but the wheels should stay hidden...

stand by for pic of tommy hearns weighting a 150 bills holmes
T

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #594 on: May 07, 2017, 03:23:01 AM »

It's not the free weight that makes an exercise dangerous; it's often a matter of lifting too much weight with a poor execution.

I agree 100% with the rest of your post, though you're no different with your religious believe in using the 'right' machines.

Surfboard 1717

« Reply #595 on: May 07, 2017, 03:55:53 AM »

Give your body a rest and you might grow again.

Well, your midsection is growing and growing ..................... ::)

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #596 on: May 07, 2017, 04:02:47 AM »
Well, your midsection is growing and growing ..................... ::)

Are you implying that he's not into ketosis yet?

illuminati

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • The Strongest Shall Survive.- - Lest we Forget.
« Reply #597 on: May 07, 2017, 04:05:25 AM »
Quote from: Vince B on 06-05-2017, 05:17:39

I see plenty of slender guys doing deadlifts that hardly benefit them at all. They bang the heavy weights on the floor to show people they are strong. They really shouldn't waste time doing such an unproductive exercise.  ::)

"Unproductive" by what gauge?  That they are slender?  You're forgetting that some of us lift weight because it's great fun to lift heavy and it is literally sport to do so.  I know quite a few "slender" guys who are capable of deadlifting far more than what you did and the fact that they are slender doesn't make it pointless - it makes it impressive.  They will never be thong warriors, of course - but that isn't their cup of tea (or mine).

As for that "you would think" line, I couldn't disagree more.  I think you have a poor attitude and your opinion should be taken with a grain of salt.  What do I mean by that?  I mean by using your singular experience of tearing a muscle (and a few experiences of two professional bodybuilders who probably didn't tear their muscles, deadlifting anyway) to constitute an informed opinion, you're telling me that you are tremendously unscientific and that your words are that of someone who wants to be recognised for his achievements, more than he wants to give good advice.

Agreed - Well said.

As a former national Powerlifting winner - I wasn't the biggest
but sure could shift some weight - and there are many many
Slender muscular men who can pull huge deadlifts and damn
impressive it is too.

powerlifting / olympic weight lifting are great sports - not
everyone wants to be a big bodybuilder.
and its sure as hell very challenging and satisfying lift heavy
weights.

Whats with this slender guys & not lifting heavy weights Vince.

You are showing yourself to have a very poor attitude & as being
very pompous and self aggrandising - Not very appealing traits.

ratherbebig

• Getbig V
  • if you got more than 10k you're gay
« Reply #598 on: May 07, 2017, 04:43:01 AM »
ive got no problem with powerlifters doing deadlifts in their own powerlifting gyms.

just keep it out of regular gyms, its annoying.

it would be equally annoying with someone setting up conans wheel in the middle of the gym too.

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #599 on: May 07, 2017, 05:27:41 AM »
ive got no problem with powerlifters doing deadlifts in their own powerlifting gyms.

just keep it out of regular gyms, its annoying.

it would be equally annoying with someone setting up conans wheel in the middle of the gym too.

i agree.