Author Topic: The Battle for Berkeley pt. II  (Read 21683 times)

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
  • Go back to making jewelry and cakes with your girl
Re: The Battle for Berkeley pt. II
« Reply #75 on: April 18, 2017, 03:54:06 PM »
No truer words have been spoken

WalterWhite

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #76 on: April 18, 2017, 04:57:03 PM »
 :D

HockeyFightFan

• Getbig V
  • Getgay is Beneath Me
« Reply #77 on: April 18, 2017, 06:15:50 PM »
Dude with the shades and goatee looks like Keith Jardine from the UFC.  If that was him I feel sorry for anyone who fucked with him.....wait, no I don't.

Fuck off and die Antifa scum.

Wasn't an MMA fighter (Jake Shields?) involved in the last one trying to help people out?

tres_taco_combo

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #78 on: April 18, 2017, 07:35:44 PM »
a few points

i am semi into the san fran real estate market (more as a spectator than anything else) and its funny since the capitalist start ups have priced everyone out of the city but the super well off, and its the most progressive city in america.. with progressive views and there are protest against the capitalist who keep on owning SF. the power wave of capitalistic momentum is turning that city upside down. 

TuHolmes

• Getbig V
  • Darkness is fated to eventually be destroyed...
« Reply #79 on: April 18, 2017, 07:41:58 PM »
a few points

i am semi into the san fran real estate market (more as a spectator than anything else) and its funny since the capitalist start ups have priced everyone out of the city but the super well off, and its the most progressive city in america.. with progressive views and there are protest against the capitalist who keep on owning SF. the power wave of capitalistic momentum is turning that city upside down. 
I find this very interesting. I'm sure most of these Berkeley kids will get out and go work for many of these capitalists as well.

You can support capitalism while not supporting things like Neo Nazis of course though.

Fortress

• Getbig V
« Reply #80 on: April 18, 2017, 11:48:16 PM »
Wasn't an MMA fighter (Jake Shields?) involved in the last one trying to help people out?

In the domain of these types of protest "throw-downs", some hotshot MMA guy wouldn't be hugely advantaged. This kind of skirmish doesn't necessarily favour an individual who practices BJJ and ultra-controlled "chess" fighting.

Being huge, strong and monstrously aggressive, now these attributes will take a person into realms of dominance in a rioting kind of battle as seen in the Berkeley videos, and ones similar.

I'm always stunned with how ignorant a majority are when it comes to the realities of actual combat/confrontation.

Mr. 190-pound UFC champion ain't impressing anyone when bodies are thrashing left and right, sticks are swinging and hostile chaos is raging in random sequences of events.

Fortress

• Getbig V
« Reply #81 on: April 18, 2017, 11:49:48 PM »
I find this very interesting. I'm sure most of these Berkeley kids will get out and go work for many of these capitalists as well.

You can support capitalism while not supporting things like Neo Nazis of course though.

Why wouldn't a white man support neo Nazis?

We're the only hope the race has left.

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #82 on: April 19, 2017, 01:09:46 AM »
Why wouldn't a white man support neo Nazis?

We're the only hope the race has left.

They're generally low-brow types unwilling to have any sort of discussion, opting instead to vilify anyone who disagrees in the slightest.  Typical zealots.  Witch hunters.  As silly as a SJW.

Talk about lousy dinner table conversation.  Bunch of bald heads just nodding mutual agreement.  

Yamcha

• Getbig V
  • Fundie
« Reply #83 on: April 19, 2017, 02:38:44 AM »

Talk about lousy dinner table conversation.  Bunch of bald heads just nodding mutual agreement.  

Tip of the day: Eat dinner with you family, not a bunch of bald men.

a

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #84 on: April 19, 2017, 03:14:57 AM »
Not sure if necessarily false or j/k.

SuperTed

• Getbig V
  • Rebirth
« Reply #85 on: April 19, 2017, 03:20:04 AM »
Terms like "facist" and "neo-nazi" don't really mean much anymore. Anyone who isn't a liberal will be called these things at some point. 

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
  • Pan Germanism, Pax Britannica
« Reply #86 on: April 19, 2017, 03:37:19 AM »

Mein Gott...

Kwon

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #87 on: April 19, 2017, 05:21:08 AM »
In the domain of these types of protest "throw-downs", some hotshot MMA guy wouldn't be hugely advantaged. This kind of skirmish doesn't necessarily favour an individual who practices BJJ and ultra-controlled "chess" fighting.

Being huge, strong and monstrously aggressive, now these attributes will take a person into realms of dominance in a rioting kind of battle as seen in the Berkeley videos, and ones similar.

I'm always stunned with how ignorant a majority are when it comes to the realities of actual combat/confrontation.

Mr. 190-pound UFC champion ain't impressing anyone when bodies are thrashing left and right, sticks are swinging and hostile chaos is raging in random sequences of events.

Jake did step up to five-six people (some crowd) and stopped them in their tracks in that current ruckus.

He didn't even have to use his groundgame
Q

The Wizard of Truth

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Fallen Angel
« Reply #88 on: April 19, 2017, 06:57:42 AM »
I don't think lying on top of someone for 25minutes would work in a non-mma environment. Shields can't 'fight', he's a wrestler with no striking ability

Fortress

• Getbig V
« Reply #89 on: April 19, 2017, 08:52:28 AM »
Jake did step up to five-six people (some crowd) and stopped them in their tracks in that current ruckus.

He didn't even have to use his groundgame

;D

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #90 on: April 19, 2017, 09:02:22 AM »

All you need to do to get in at Claremont is write "blacklivesmatter" 50 times. Not nearly as prestigious Stanford but you can still walk away with a degree in liberal political activism as long you pass the final by going to a Trump rally and turning over a police car.

Rami

• Getbig V
  • One Hundred Percent
« Reply #91 on: April 19, 2017, 09:17:52 AM »
as much as i like the guy in blue, lets not forget the guy with the 'jesus will judge you' jacket, busy kicking a man when he's down  :D

Jesus would have done the same

HockeyFightFan

• Getbig V
  • Getgay is Beneath Me
« Reply #92 on: April 19, 2017, 11:04:11 AM »
I don't think lying on top of someone for 25minutes would work in a non-mma environment. Shields can't 'fight', he's a wrestler with no striking ability

http://www.mmamania.com/platform/amp/2017/2/2/14484534/uc-berkeley-video-ufc-jake-shields-rescues-man-beaten-masked-fascist-thugs-during-violent-protest

Taffin

• Getbig V
  • Training out my gay penor...
« Reply #93 on: April 19, 2017, 11:18:48 AM »

Wrong.

JC would have connected better.   ;)
T

Yamcha

• Getbig V
  • Fundie
« Reply #94 on: April 19, 2017, 01:17:24 PM »
Part 3 is coming soon!

Berkeley cancels Ann Coulter lecture, but she's coming anyway

The University of California, Berkeley canceled an upcoming campus lecture by Ann Coulter on Wednesday, citing security concerns as the chief impetus for its decision. Coulter and her sponsoring organizations, however, intend to proceed with the event as planned anyway.

Young America's Foundation, the national conservative organization sponsoring and organizing Coulter's lecture, told the Washington Examiner Wednesday afternoon that Berkeley Dean of Students Joseph Greenwell emailed student organizers to say his staff was unable to find a "safe and suitable venue" for the speech.

"Given currently active security threats, it is not possible to assure that the event could be held successfully — or that the safety of Ms. Coulter, the event sponsors, audience, and bystanders could be adequately protected — at any of the campus venues," the email read.

a

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #97 on: April 19, 2017, 06:06:52 PM »

"Given currently active security threats, it is not possible to assure that the event could be held successfully — or that the safety of Ms. Coulter, the event sponsors, audience, and bystanders could be adequately protected — at any of the campus venues," the email read.

Hey wait a minute.  That academic writes like a cop.  Something's fishy. 

The Scott

• Getbig V
  • I'm a victim of soicumcision!!
« Reply #98 on: April 19, 2017, 06:59:20 PM »

Would've put it's soul to bed.

jude2

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #99 on: April 19, 2017, 07:58:53 PM »
Part 3 is coming soon!

Berkeley cancels Ann Coulter lecture, but she's coming anyway

The University of California, Berkeley canceled an upcoming campus lecture by Ann Coulter on Wednesday, citing security concerns as the chief impetus for its decision. Coulter and her sponsoring organizations, however, intend to proceed with the event as planned anyway.

Young America's Foundation, the national conservative organization sponsoring and organizing Coulter's lecture, told the Washington Examiner Wednesday afternoon that Berkeley Dean of Students Joseph Greenwell emailed student organizers to say his staff was unable to find a "safe and suitable venue" for the speech.

Props to her for not being a chicken shit.