Author Topic: if youve got around 300-400k to play with what do u invest in  (Read 14999 times)

Top Poodle

• Getbig IV
  • No trannies allowed.
Re: if youve got around 300-400k to play with what do u invest in
« Reply #50 on: April 23, 2017, 09:49:35 PM »
Tell us all how that relates to investments.

It just speaks of your overall intellect, brah.

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #51 on: April 23, 2017, 11:34:01 PM »
Except im good with money. Idiot. Fools like you don't even know how to balance a checkbook, much less read a balancesheet or form a corporation.

I know you're just out of the can but there's been some changes.  It's all computerized now.  Cards.  If someone in a line pulls out a checkbook you can legally hit them.

ratherbebig

• Getbig V
  • if you got more than 10k you're gay
« Reply #52 on: April 24, 2017, 12:02:35 AM »
getbiggers dont invest so little money, they spend that money on tips when they go out (which is 7 times a week)

Top Poodle

• Getbig IV
  • No trannies allowed.
« Reply #53 on: April 24, 2017, 12:30:10 AM »
Give me $10k and ill map out you can invest $1k and still profit $15k, maybe $14.5k after shipping in maybe 8 weeks, even after the $10k you've invested in my roadmap. Including how to form shell-corps and stay grey-legal tax-wise. Can you do that?

You know, I'm almost tempted to just front the $10k to prove to all of getbig, once and for all, whether you're a fraud or not.

ESFitness

• Getbig V
  • i win.
« Reply #54 on: April 24, 2017, 03:24:28 AM »
You know, I'm almost tempted to just front the $10k to prove to all of getbig, once and for all, whether you're a fraud or not.

Then make it $5 and you profit $20.

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #55 on: April 24, 2017, 03:31:18 AM »
Ive been out for quite a while.

I'll bet.

Costanza

• Getbig IV
  • ┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐ Team 5 plates a side on uprights

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #57 on: April 24, 2017, 05:04:47 AM »
Bogle is bearish on future equity market returns.

HOWEVER, Buffett gave similar advice to what you laid out to Lebron James.

And yet, Bogle recommends low cost Index funds too in that very same video.  Bogle's tha man.

Great videos BTW.

FitnessFrenzy

• Getbig V
  • evolving
« Reply #58 on: April 24, 2017, 05:45:34 AM »
Bogle has solid advice.

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #59 on: April 24, 2017, 06:12:08 AM »
Would agree but with this one caveat...a 3 to 6 month emergency fund as well.

Then that really gives you The Foundation to start investing.

I love Dave Ramsey.

Dave Ramsey has solid advice on saving and getting out of dept.

However, his investing advice is terrible and dangerous.

I also don't agree with his advice to never use credit cards.  If you are responsible and never carry a balance, you can easily earn over $1,000 a year just using cash back rewards credit cards alone.

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #60 on: April 24, 2017, 06:15:40 AM »
I guarantee an easy way to turn that $400K into $800K in a minute.  Go to Vegas, put it on the roulette table and bet on black.  Always bet on black.

SOMEPARTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #61 on: April 24, 2017, 09:01:17 AM »

I also don't agree with his advice to never use credit cards.  If you are responsible and never carry a balance, you can easily earn over $1,000 a year just using cash back rewards credit cards alone.

Ramsey gives good advice to poor managers of money as to how to get/keep them out of trouble. If you can't manage your household finances, you can't manage using debt to your advantage either. There is no reward for saving with CD rates well below inflation. You have to have some earning power, be able to delay instant gratification and know when to take some calculated risks. Sometimes that requires sticking your neck out and taking on some debt for ideas that cash flow.

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #62 on: April 24, 2017, 09:12:13 AM »

Ramsey is a mixed bag and best utilized in conjunction with other investing gurus(Bogle, Buffett, etc)

Like yourself, I disagree with him on the whole credit issue.

Another big subject of contention is fanatically paying off the low interest rate mortgage.

Peace Of Mind Versus Math, in my opinion.

The S&P 500 or a broader fund such as the Vanguard Total Stock Market Index will double those returns even under the most conservative of estimates.

But Dave has THE BIGGEST FACTOR on his side. Motivating people to DO SOMETHING. Putting money in the account.

Number One Indicator Of People Who Retire Wealthy - Dave Ramsey Rant

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #63 on: April 24, 2017, 09:36:10 AM »
The last 10-15 years have been an investment gold rush.  Look at stocks like Amazon and apple that once upon a time about 10 years ago where in the single digits.  would have, should have but didn't.  Shame on me.

Top Poodle

• Getbig IV
  • No trannies allowed.
« Reply #64 on: April 24, 2017, 04:40:50 PM »
Then make it $5 and you profit $20.

LMAO. I'm actually serious. If it works, I get a bit of cash in the bank and you live up to your hype. If not, we'll know for sure that you're full of shit.

Julio Ceasar

• Getbig V
« Reply #65 on: April 24, 2017, 09:39:31 PM »
What will u do when u get more money? Get even more? Buy more STUFF?

Buy stuff is a life saver for most people since we don't believe in god anymore...if we docent have the belief in buy shit and dreaming of getting shit life is empty!

calfzilla

• Getbig V
  • YUMAN FILTH!
« Reply #66 on: April 24, 2017, 11:19:49 PM »
I love Dave Ramsey.

He is a very wise Christian Japhite.

I also like Robert Kiosakis advice on paying yourself first.

Surfboard 1717

« Reply #67 on: April 25, 2017, 03:20:18 AM »
Uranium ore , easy to sell  ;)

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #68 on: April 25, 2017, 05:04:59 AM »
Ramsey is a mixed bag and best utilized in conjunction with other investing gurus(Bogle, Buffett, etc)

Like yourself, I disagree with him on the whole credit issue.

Another big subject of contention is fanatically paying off the low interest rate mortgage.

Peace Of Mind Versus Math, in my opinion.

The S&P 500 or a broader fund such as the Vanguard Total Stock Market Index will double those returns even under the most conservative of estimates.

But Dave has THE BIGGEST FACTOR on his side. Motivating people to DO SOMETHING. Putting money in the account.

Number One Indicator Of People Who Retire Wealthy - Dave Ramsey Rant

And that's why Dave Ramsey should stay away from investing advice and stick to debt elimination advice and personal savings advice, just like Bogle sticks to investing advice and Buffett sticks to basketball advice.   :)

In that video, Dave Ramsey sounds to me like he's making excuses for giving bad investing advice..."at least I get people to invest."   ::)

The investing advice from Bogle, Buffett, Bernstein, etc. to invest in low cost index funds is not about superior returns.  It's about low fees and diversification.  In other words, more money for the investor to reinvest and less unnecessary risk.

Dave Ramsey's investing advice is unnecessarily and dangerously risky and expensive.  And Dave Ramsey might be getting paid off by the fund managers he pushes.  Even if he's getting people to invest, those people are losing hundreds of thousands of dollars to unnecessary high fees and unnecessary risk, and they are probably indirectly filling Dave Ramsey's pockets.

Again, the guy has solid debt elimination and personal savings advice, but he should stick to that.

BTW, Dave Ramsey calling people he doesn't know moron and stupid on the Internet, and he doesn't look like he even lifts. If I didn't know better, I'd say he's an average Getbigger.

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #69 on: April 25, 2017, 05:11:40 AM »
What will u do when u get more money? Get even more? Buy more STUFF?

Buy stuff is a life saver for most people since we don't believe in god anymore...if we docent have the belief in buy shit and dreaming of getting shit life is empty!

What will one do with more money?  How about not answering to an incompetent, mean boss?  How about not having to live under a bridge when one is no longer able to work?   :)

HTexan

• Getbig V
  • Heath must lose!!
« Reply #70 on: April 25, 2017, 05:19:50 AM »
Gold and a fallout shelter   :D
A

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #71 on: April 25, 2017, 05:22:52 AM »
He is a very wise Christian Japhite.

I also like Robert Kiosakis advice on paying yourself first.

I learned some of the most valuable financial lessons from two books that at some point were given out FREE by the authors, and most of the time they are sold very cheap.  The authors were/are both already wealthy and were only interested in passing on wealth building information.  Unlike the likes of Dave Ramsey, these two authors were not interested in making their fortune by selling books about how to make a fortune.

These books are:

If You Can: How Millennials Can Get Rich Slowly
by William J Bernstein

$0.00 Kindle
$5.99 Paper Back
https://smile.amazon.com/If-You-Can-Millennials-Slowly-ebook/dp/B00JCC5JKI?_encoding=UTF8&keywords=if%20you%20can%20how%20millennials%20can%20get%20rich%20slowly&qid=1493122827&ref_=sr_1_1&sr=8-1

The Richest Man in Babylon
by George S. Clason

$1.99 Kindle
$5.38 Paper Back
https://smile.amazon.com/Richest-Man-Babylon-George-Clason-ebook/dp/B00OJNA536?_encoding=UTF8&keywords=the%20richest%20man%20in%20babylon&qid=1493122329&ref_=sr_1_1&sr=8-1

George Samuel Clason (November 7, 1874 – April 7, 1957) was an American author. He is most associated with his book The Richest Man in Babylon which was first published in 1926.

George S. Clason was born in Louisiana, Missouri. He attended the University of Nebraska. He served in the United States Army during the Spanish–American War. Clason started two companies, the Clason Map Company of Denver Colorado and the Clason Publishing Company. The Clason Map Company was the first to publish a road atlas of the United States and Canada, and did not survive the Great Depression.

George Clason is best known for writing a series of informational pamphlets about being thrifty and how to achieve financial success. He started writing the pamphlets in 1926, using parables that were set in ancient Babylon. Banks and insurance companies began to distribute the parables, and the most famous ones were compiled into the book The Richest Man in Babylon - The Success Secrets of the Ancients. He is credited with coining the phrase, "Pay yourself first".
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/George_Samuel_Clason

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #72 on: April 25, 2017, 06:45:34 AM »
Write a book on how to get rich and sell a millions copies of it. 

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #73 on: April 25, 2017, 07:00:32 AM »
Write a book on how to get rich and sell a millions copies of it.  

Exactly how Dave Ramsey made most of his fortune.  I almost bought his second book years ago, but didn't because I read many bad reviews from fans saying the second book was just a re-hatch of his first book, but advertised as something new.  That was a red flag.

There are churches that offer free classes to the community and church members, taught by volunteers.  These classes range from world religions, to "Teaching English as a Second Language", to relationships, to personal finance, etc.

I'm not joking, all classes are free except for Dave Ramsey's "Financial Peace University" which is $100 per student because that's about how much the church pays for the materials per student.  The church probably pays more and subsidies the cost to the students.  The class is taught/facilitated by a volunteer, but the materials aren't free.

Genius!

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #74 on: April 25, 2017, 07:10:56 AM »
Exactly how Dave Ramsey made most of his fortune.  I almost bought he second book years ago, but didn't because I read many bad reviews from people saying the second book was just a re-hatch of his first book, but advertised as something new.

There are churches that offer free classes to the community and church members, taught by volunteers.  These classes range from world religions, to relationships, to personal finance, etc.

I'm not joking, all classes are free except for Dave Ramsey's "Financial Peace University" which is $100 per student because that's about how much the church pays for the materials per student.  The church probably pays more and subsidies the cost to the students.  The class is taught/facilitated by a volunteer, but the materials aren't free.

Genius!

I used to watch these infomercials on getting rich.  Some overtanned oily guy in his early 30's telling you how to buy real estate using his plan or setting up home businesses and they wanted you to pay $300 for their 12 CD course blah blah.  There were dozens of guys like this on TV selling their programs and every single one of them ended up in jail for fraud.  The catch is every time they had a commercial their website URL changed.  How shady is that?