Author Topic: O'Reilly: 'Tremendously Disheartening' Unfounded Claims Cost Me My Job  (Read 849 times)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
I have no idea if any of the allegations are true, but I couldn't really watch him anyway.  Too much of a blowhard.  Too temperamental.  Too rude to people with opposing viewpoints.  But he had a great run.  Killed his competition for about 20 years.  Wrote several bestsellers.  Leaving with a net worth that might be as much as $70 million.  

Given his ratings prowess, there are some big shoes to fill.  

O'Reilly: 'Tremendously Disheartening' Unfounded Claims Cost Me My Job
By Todd Beamon   |    Wednesday, 19 Apr 2017

Bill O'Reilly said it was "tremendously disheartening" he and the Fox News Channel "part ways due to completely unfounded claims" and wished the cable network he joined in 1996 "only the best."

"Over the past 20 years at Fox News, I have been extremely proud to launch and lead one of the most successful news programs in history, which has consistently informed and entertained millions of Americans and significantly contributed to building Fox into the dominant news network in television," O'Reilly wrote Wednesday in a statement published on his website.

"It is tremendously disheartening that we part ways due to completely unfounded claims," he added. "But that is the unfortunate reality many of us in the public eye must live with today.

"I will always look back on my time at Fox with great pride in the unprecedented success we achieved and with my deepest gratitude to all my dedicated viewers.

"I wish only the best for Fox News Channel."

http://www.newsmax.com/Headline/Bill-OReilly-host-network-TV/2017/04/19/id/785305/

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
I'm sure their attorneys allowed him (or Faux News) to pay millions for something he didn't do

Same goes for Michael Jackson.  I'm sure he didn't do anything wrong and it was just a witch hunt

No one ever does anything wrong

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
Looks like Tucker Carlson is taking O'Reilly's time slot.

Fox News Channel programming changes
Published April 19, 2017
FoxNews.com

In the wake of Bill O'Reilly's departure, Fox News Channel will introduce a new evening and prime time lineup that promises exciting guests, lively debate and compelling news coverage.

"The Factor" will continue for the remainder of this week at 8 p.m., with guest hosts Dana Perino Wednesday and Thursday night, and Greg Gutfeld on Friday night.

Beginning Monday, April 24, "Tucker Carlson Tonight" will take over the 8 p.m. timeslot, broadcasting live from the Washington, DC bureau of The Fox News Channel. Additionally, "The Five" move into the 9 p.m. timeslot, starting Monday.

New programming and debut dates are as follows, with all times Eastern:

· 5 p.m. -- A one-hour program hosted by Eric Bolling will debut on Monday, May 1. For the week of April 24-28, "Special Report with Bret Baier" will fill the 5-7 p.m. timeslot.

· 7 p.m. -- "The Story with Martha MacCallum" airs live, debuting on Monday, May 1. MacCallum will continue anchoring "The First 100 Days" through April 28

· 8 p.m. – "Tucker Carlson Tonight"

· 9 p.m. -- "The Five" airs live with co-hosts Kimberly Guilfoyle, Dana Perino, Bob Beckel, Greg Gutfeld, Jesse Watters and Juan Williams

· 10 p.m. – "Hannity" remains in its current timeslot, hosted by Sean Hannity

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/04/19/fox-news-channel-programming-changes.html

SOMEPARTS

• Getbig V
Hard to believe that Fox lost Van Sustanon ;D, O' Reilley and Megyn Kelly within a year or so.

sync pulse

• Getbig V
  • Only be sure always to call it please, 'research'
When I had my broadcasting career I was liaison for O'Reilly when he visited Houston...He is a Fuck'n Dick...feculent beyond belief.

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
Yeah pretty sure he is innocent.  And those payouts were due to lack of evidence.

Al Doggity

• Getbig V
  • Old School Gemini
Hard to believe that Fox lost Van Sustanon ;D, O' Reilley and Megyn Kelly within a year or so.

And Ailes... within the year Agent Orange took the white house with an r house and senate!  ???