Author Topic: 25 years since the LA riots.  (Read 9211 times)

Mr Anabolic

• Getbig V
  • Better to die on your feet than on your knees.
Re: 25 years since the LA riots.
« Reply #50 on: April 28, 2017, 07:15:24 AM »

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #51 on: April 28, 2017, 07:44:53 PM »
Remember it well.

New gal, heading to her house after work. Black SUV starts riding my ass on freeway (about 13 miles e/o L.A.). Bumper-to-bumper, so I'm thinking, 'The fuck?' Then hits his lights/siren and darts into the diamond lane, followed closely by three or four more. Just flying.

I get to her pad, boss calls me back in: "Shit's burning, man. Need help." No clue what'd happened. Worked all night. Day or two later, my roomie gets called in (Nat'l Guard). Good times.

Never1AShow

• Getbig V
  • World Record Holder in French Toast Diving
« Reply #52 on: April 28, 2017, 08:31:56 PM »
Remember it well.

New gal, heading to her house after work. Black SUV starts riding my ass on freeway (about 13 miles e/o L.A.). Bumper-to-bumper, so I'm thinking, 'The fuck?' Then hits his lights/siren and darts into the diamond lane, followed closely by three or four more. Just flying.

I get to her pad, boss calls me back in: "Shit's burning, man. Need help." No clue what'd happened. Worked all night. Day or two later, my roomie gets called in (Nat'l Guard). Good times.

We also called everyone in to work all night.  One fellow who lived in Venice could not come.  His apartment building was surrounded with people chanting death threats.

When the National Guard or Marines showed up a couple of days later there was never a higher appreciation for the rule of law.