Author Topic: Modafinil - anyone tried it?  (Read 9812 times)

ESFitness

• Getbig V
  • i win.
Re: Modafinil - anyone tried it?
« Reply #25 on: April 27, 2017, 11:06:31 PM »
I'm sure ES can chime in.

Not really a fan of stimulants, but this stuff works a bit different. Id certianly choose this over adderal or ritalin, maybe even ephedrine... Id actually never choose adderal or ritalin. Tried adderal as a preworkout twice (had a gf who was prescribed it). Tried 20mg the first time and did nothing. Tried 40mg the second and still did nothing. Stims are catabolic, so if focus is your goal, Moda is a better choice. For dieting id chose clen.  When i formulated my pre-workout, my biz partner was adamant we had no stims or anything that would flag an ncaa players drug test. I had no problem with that as i didnt plan on using any stims anyways, aside from caffine anhydrous in a 2nd version of the product.

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
« Reply #26 on: April 29, 2017, 08:17:25 AM »
those who use it on a random basis or every 10 days.

may i ask (not trolling) why do you take it? high level court case? long traveling? writing? epic long hour mental alert days?

i am asking to see if i can relate

I can't speak for others, but I use it if I am doing a photo gig somewhere I have to fly internationally.   I take a mild diuretic and sleeping pill on the plane, which helps pass the time but when I arrive I need to wake up and go.  I do not drink coffee at all and  this helps.

Sometimes I will use it for a daily boost if I am going to be doing a lot of stuff and still need to make it to the gym.

10pints

• Getbig IV
« Reply #27 on: April 29, 2017, 08:24:36 AM »
So I pulled the trigger and got some moda, gonna give it a whirl next week. I have a few laborious, research based tasks to undertake. Keen to see how it helps with working out. Will report back my findings.

Zillotch

• Getbig V
  • the smoke of their torment ascendeth up for ever
« Reply #28 on: April 29, 2017, 08:34:40 AM »
kind of...I was not joking. :)

haha... 'dick joke'... continued... will there be a third installment?

falco

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: April 29, 2017, 08:36:59 AM »
Pretty sure i cannot buy that in my country without a prescription. Are there any reliable sites to order it?

lilhawk1

• Getbig IV
« Reply #30 on: April 29, 2017, 08:49:31 AM »
I'm prescribed Modafinil(Provigil) for sleep apnea.  I take 200mg first thing every morning.  It is a fantastic drug, and a life saver for me. You do not build up a tolerance to it, contrary to what some have said.  I've taken it for 3 years straight and it works the exact same everyday.  I have tried the generic stuff from India before my doc prescribed me Provigil, and there is no comparison.  The stuff from India works a little, but nothing like USA Provigil.  It makes me very alert, and very focused for 12-15 hours, no jitters, no change in heart rate, no nothing.  The only side effects I get are gas, urine smells exactly like the pill itself, and if not hydrated it can cause a slight headache.  This drug will make you focus on whatever you are doing at the time.  It is great for retaining information, I can read something once and retain all of it.  Most of the docs I work with use it daily, or some use Adderall.  It is superior to Adderall.  If you like to feel euphoria, adderall will give that, but it seems you build a tolerance to Adderall where Provigil you don't. 

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #31 on: April 29, 2017, 08:55:34 AM »
@lilhawk1 Do you only suffer from sleep apnea? AFAIK you also need a diagnosis for hypersomnia or narcolepsy.

Bulgarian_enforcer

• Getbig III
  • Kill em all...
« Reply #32 on: April 29, 2017, 10:20:56 AM »
I'm prescribed Modafinil(Provigil) for sleep apnea.  I take 200mg first thing every morning.  It is a fantastic drug, and a life saver for me. You do not build up a tolerance to it, contrary to what some have said.  I've taken it for 3 years straight and it works the exact same everyday.  I have tried the generic stuff from India before my doc prescribed me Provigil, and there is no comparison.  The stuff from India works a little, but nothing like USA Provigil.  It makes me very alert, and very focused for 12-15 hours, no jitters, no change in heart rate, no nothing.  The only side effects I get are gas, urine smells exactly like the pill itself, and if not hydrated it can cause a slight headache.  This drug will make you focus on whatever you are doing at the time.  It is great for retaining information, I can read something once and retain all of it.  Most of the docs I work with use it daily, or some use Adderall.  It is superior to Adderall.  If you like to feel euphoria, adderall will give that, but it seems you build a tolerance to Adderall where Provigil you don't. 

good info as always. i got the indian stuff today. will look for provigil next.

Bulgarian_enforcer

• Getbig III
  • Kill em all...
« Reply #33 on: April 29, 2017, 10:22:30 AM »
haha... 'dick joke'... continued... will there be a third installment?
nope. you can fuck off now.

lilhawk1

• Getbig IV
« Reply #34 on: April 29, 2017, 11:32:16 AM »
@lilhawk1 Do you only suffer from sleep apnea? AFAIK you also need a diagnosis for hypersomnia or narcolepsy.

Yeah I have sleep apnea and use cpap at night.  Provigil is prescribed to me for excessive daytime sleepiness due to sleep apnea.

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #35 on: April 29, 2017, 12:05:25 PM »
Yeah I have sleep apnea and use cpap at night.  Provigil is prescribed to me for excessive daytime sleepiness due to sleep apnea.

I know this is a little off topic, but that excessive daytime sleepiness is called hypersomnia. Not everyone with apnea has both. it depends on the stage of your apnea, which is prob serious in your case since you're using a cpap.

lilhawk1

• Getbig IV
« Reply #36 on: April 29, 2017, 01:42:10 PM »
I know this is a little off topic, but that excessive daytime sleepiness is called hypersomnia. Not everyone with apnea has both. it depends on the stage of your apnea, which is prob serious in your case since you're using a cpap.

Yeah, I was just giving the wording my doctor used on prior approval for my insurance to cover the Provigil.  In my sleep study I had 240 events in 3 hours, and I have mixed sleep apnea, which is central and obstructive.  If I skip a night of cpap I feel like a zombie the next day.  Do I need the Provigil everyday?  Probably not, but I take it daily because I feel sharp, and very focused on it, and I have a script for it to be taken daily.  It helps me perform better at my job, and pretty much everything I do.  It's great for focus while working out as well. 

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #37 on: April 29, 2017, 02:01:07 PM »
Yeah, I was just giving the wording my doctor used on prior approval for my insurance to cover the Provigil.  In my sleep study I had 240 events in 3 hours, and I have mixed sleep apnea, which is central and obstructive.  If I skip a night of cpap I feel like a zombie the next day.  Do I need the Provigil everyday?  Probably not, but I take it daily because I feel sharp, and very focused on it, and I have a script for it to be taken daily.  It helps me perform better at my job, and pretty much everything I do.  It's great for focus while working out as well. 

Good to hear, thanks for sharing. I was also diagnosed with apnea, but the nostril operation and anti snoring bite weren't enough so far, so I might need a cpap as well :-\

lilhawk1

• Getbig IV
« Reply #38 on: April 29, 2017, 03:04:04 PM »
Good to hear, thanks for sharing. I was also diagnosed with apnea, but the nostril operation and anti snoring bite weren't enough so far, so I might need a cpap as well :-\

Yeah, most times cpap is the only thing that really works.  It's hard to get used to wearing it, but it makes you feel like a different person.  The ones they have on the market today are very nice as well.  You have a script for Provigil?  You should be able to get one from your doc with a sleep apnea diagnosis if you tell him you're very lethargic during the day.  Insurance might make you get a prior authorization, but that's something your doc will take care of. 

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #39 on: April 29, 2017, 03:31:05 PM »
Yeah, most times cpap is the only thing that really works.  It's hard to get used to wearing it, but it makes you feel like a different person.  The ones they have on the market today are very nice as well.  You have a script for Provigil?  You should be able to get one from your doc with a sleep apnea diagnosis if you tell him you're very lethargic during the day.  Insurance might make you get a prior authorization, but that's something your doc will take care of. 

No, so far I had to deal with a very passive/conservative female neurologist. I'm going to request the hospital to replace that stubborn bitch, who's only making notes about my 'progress'. Anyway, this whole situation stimulated me to learn as much as possible about sleep problems, medicines, treatments and good sleep hygiene.

Zillotch

• Getbig V
  • the smoke of their torment ascendeth up for ever
« Reply #40 on: April 29, 2017, 09:19:49 PM »
nope. you can fuck off now.

haha... don't strain urself, phaggot.

Bulgarian_enforcer

• Getbig III
  • Kill em all...
« Reply #41 on: April 30, 2017, 12:17:49 AM »
haha... don't strain urself, phaggot.

i can strain your mothers ass long dick style, phaggot.

Purge_WTF

« Reply #42 on: May 06, 2017, 07:17:50 AM »
 I took a few caps of Adrafinil an hour or so ago, which is the Modafinil precursor. Makes you alert without the anxiety or tremors of CNS stimulants.

10pints

• Getbig IV
« Reply #43 on: May 06, 2017, 07:45:46 AM »
Tried my first 200mg of moda today. Definitely helps focus. Was ever so mildly jittery within the first 1hr. Hit the gym thereafter and it definitely helped with the weights. They felt lighter and rest between sets was reduced. Outside of the gym, I have been really productive.

I was slightly worried that it may disrupt my ability to sleep, but I had an hour after lunch / gym, which is usual for me on a weekend.

Following that, I am still feeling productive. Can confirm some of the comments I read regarding slight head ache and being thirsty.

Sporadic use seems the way to go with this, primarily when you have a load of work to get through.

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #44 on: May 06, 2017, 11:50:39 AM »
Tried my first 200mg of moda today. Definitely helps focus. Was ever so mildly jittery within the first 1hr. Hit the gym thereafter and it definitely helped with the weights. They felt lighter and rest between sets was reduced. Outside of the gym, I have been really productive.

I was slightly worried that it may disrupt my ability to sleep, but I had an hour after lunch / gym, which is usual for me on a weekend.

Following that, I am still feeling productive. Can confirm some of the comments I read regarding slight head ache and being thirsty.

Sporadic use seems the way to go with this, primarily when you have a load of work to get through.

Interesting, so moda could function as pre workout as well... From what I've heard, it's adviced to take moda in the morning for uninterrupted sleep in the evening.

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #45 on: May 06, 2017, 12:18:33 PM »
Interesting, so moda could function as pre workout as well... From what I've heard, it's adviced to take moda in the morning for uninterrupted sleep in the evening.

I've taken it as late as 9 at night at a half dose. Nice thing is when you want to sleep you can. Most likely the first time you take it you will not want to sleep as you will be to busy painting your house waxing your car and doing a term paper even if you are not in college.  ;D

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #46 on: May 06, 2017, 12:34:36 PM »
I've taken it as late as 9 at night at a half dose. Nice thing is when you want to sleep you can. Most likely the first time you take it you will not want to sleep as you will be to busy painting your house waxing your car and doing a term paper even if you are not in college.  ;D

Being a lazy fucker at home myself, another motivation to try moda :D

I guess it's the same as with caffeine. Some folks (almost) can't fall asleep when taken in the evening, while others -like me- fall asleep anyway in 10 minutes.

OLKE_TEXAS

• Getbig IV
  • Heavy Muscle Radio
« Reply #47 on: May 06, 2017, 12:38:19 PM »
Everything in India is cheap bro.

You can find it in Bali for about $37 for 100 tabs.

Why is it cheap? Low tax? Is is manufactured in india?
O

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #48 on: May 06, 2017, 12:41:12 PM »

Low labour costs

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #49 on: May 06, 2017, 12:46:54 PM »

Yes it is. Made by a company that's been around a long time. I use Nugivil and have a script but I also use the ones from India and the are exactly the same. My script is 250mg and these are 150 and I sometimes like to take only 75mg so I just bust the 250's in half. My buddy orders them for himself so I always get a few.