Author Topic: bringin up..  (Read 1794 times)

texasRUSH

• Getbig IV
  • here comes the hotstepper!
bringin up..
« on: April 05, 2006, 10:37:09 AM »
da left hand!  :D  frankly it's weak and it sucks...decent jabs and upper cuts but not a hook or a straight to save my face.

any way to make my left more dominant than my right? save just practicing with JUST my left hand? i often find myself switchings stances in regards to my opponents stance or position wihtout even thinking about it til the other day when one of my friends pointed it out and how he thought it was odd..kinda like a switch hitter in baseball...

only my hitting on the other side frankly sucks..it's just a ranging and keeping them off me kinda thing with the jab

*ChuteBoxe*

• Getbig IV
Re: bringin up..
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2006, 12:44:35 PM »
You can use either a one pound weight or weighted gloves on your left to strengthgen your jab, and as for hooks, the trick to hooks is to make sure your body comes around ahead of the punch, because the rotation of body is where the power of the punch comes from, not the arms.
Predictions
 40/61

slippediskmountian

• Getbig IV
  • absolute power corrupts absolutely
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2006, 01:05:23 PM »
the advice i get from boxers is not to worry about southpaw until you have mastered your right side(or vice versa if youre a lefty) ... martial artists seem to favor training both sides equally from the get go ... and consequently they usually cant hit very well with either

torquemada

• Getbig IV
  • Billycarp ruled...
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2006, 01:37:55 PM »
Training with wrist weights/weighted gloves has brought up my stand up a lot...

texasRUSH

• Getbig IV
  • here comes the hotstepper!
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2006, 07:54:35 PM »
im' pretty proud of my right hand...what boxing i've done it's been what i've done the most work with. the left hand feels awkward....but even in a cliche my right is pretty hard when i put a little shoulder roll into it..

also..is it wrong or bad sportsmanship to follow through when in the clich and run the elbow into them a little? it doesn't cut much..but when you do cut them it keeps it running pretty good...i notice alot of people just barely punch it and once contact they leave it alone... :-\