Author Topic: Does the PDI have a website?  (Read 14390 times)

bigdumbbell

• Getbig V
  • Bon Voyage !
Re: Does the PDI have a website?
« Reply #50 on: April 06, 2006, 05:27:24 AM »
well, 240, MBA, we appreciate your making time to post here regularly. it makes our banal existence slightly more charmed.  You are a veritable lily of the field.

MBA  Master Baiters of America

kmhphoto

• Expert
  • Getbig IV
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #51 on: April 06, 2006, 06:00:17 AM »
Vicious brutality! 240 is married though.

So was Rock Hudson

LifterChick

« Reply #52 on: April 06, 2006, 06:13:47 AM »
Why do people care about if PDI has their website up yet.  The IFBB's website has been up for many years and if you saw it you would email them and tell them to take it down.  It is embarrassing for the organization that is supposed to be the biggest the best and god almighty to have a web presence like they do.  I highly doubt I will get anyone to disagree with me on this fact.

I care big time.  I want a place that I can go and learn what exactly PDI really means.  Not alot of gossip or biased hatred.  I do agree with you about the IFBB website, but at least I can stilll go there and get information as opposed to what I have to do to get PDI info.  I figure about 10% of what I read on the internet is true in regards to PDI. It sucks!
Wayne might have the athletes in mind but he is sure doing his best to keep the fans on the outside.

bigdumbbell

• Getbig V
  • Bon Voyage !
« Reply #53 on: April 06, 2006, 06:17:02 AM »
So was Rock Hudson

isnt sir elton john?

LuciusFox

• Getbig V
« Reply #54 on: April 06, 2006, 06:19:20 AM »
So was Rock Hudson

What are you implying?  ;D

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
  • Disdain/repugnance....Version 3: glare variation B
« Reply #55 on: April 06, 2006, 06:46:46 AM »
Nope, I cleared it with my lawyer, actually.  You don't think I only operate in the BBing arena, do you?  I still have a vested interest, but it is no longer my property. 

Here's what I think is funny. If  you didn't know what we were talking about and read 240's posts you would think he's the owner of a multi-million dollar corportion. He talks about this crap like it's big business.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #56 on: April 06, 2006, 06:49:39 AM »

Here's what I think is funny. If  you didn't know what we were talking about and read 240's posts you would think he's the owner of a multi-million dollar corportion. He talks about this crap like it's big business.

240 is a thousandaire! :)

MisterMagoo

• Getbig V
  • And now, what joy will I have left to live for?
« Reply #57 on: April 06, 2006, 08:43:35 AM »
i don't have clients for him to be taking away, nor do i give a shit that he's making websites for people. its the fact that he's charging $300 for a website that should cost $50 tops and take an hour to put together. a middle schooler could do what he does and he's acting like he's some big wheeler in the web design business. the graphics are either words made with some random font or a picture he whipped through a few filters, all put into a template anyone could find, buy, and use in a free afternoon.

i also wonder if the makers of these templates know you're charging money for clients to use them, robby. most of these companies have terms and conditions with a clause like "UNAUTHORIZED USE
You may not place any of our products, modified or unmodified, on a diskette, CD, website or any other medium and offer them for redistribution or resale of any kind without prior written consent from our company."

since its pretty obvious you aren't hardcoding these sites yourself, i sure hope you've gotten permission from all the companies first. provided you didn't get incredibly lazy and search for free templates, which would just be pathetic.

weedoutheweak

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
  • Kickin' it
« Reply #58 on: April 06, 2006, 08:50:04 AM »
i don't have clients for him to be taking away, nor do i give a shit that he's making websites for people. its the fact that he's charging $300 for a website that should cost $50 tops and take an hour to put together. a middle schooler could do what he does and he's acting like he's some big wheeler in the web design business. the graphics are either words made with some random font or a picture he whipped through a few filters, all put into a template anyone could find, buy, and use in a free afternoon.

i also wonder if the makers of these templates know you're charging money for clients to use them, robby. most of these companies have terms and conditions with a clause like "UNAUTHORIZED USE
You may not place any of our products, modified or unmodified, on a diskette, CD, website or any other medium and offer them for redistribution or resale of any kind without prior written consent from our company."

since its pretty obvious you aren't hardcoding these sites yourself, i sure hope you've gotten permission from all the companies first. provided you didn't get incredibly lazy and search for free templates, which would just be pathetic.

where's 240's response

rocket

• Getbig V
  • Not a champion
« Reply #59 on: April 06, 2006, 09:02:47 AM »
Hmm.. cya later absent (you're on your way to timeout for that indisgression :))

And cya later thread.

FYI, being involved with web design myself I personally do not believe that 240 buys templates as his layouts are so simple they are not worth buying.  All of his stuff has the same "lack of subtlety that you might expect from someone who doesn't obsess over things like layer effects and general minor details. 

I agree he needs to work on his graphical prowess but ask yourself this question.  If he's got clients who are prepared to pay him at his pricepoint and are happy with the sites why the hell would he want to waste time learning better skills.

You have to realise he's not a graphic artist, he's simply someone who uses web design for cash.

kiwiol

• Getbig V
  • Who is John Galt?
« Reply #60 on: April 06, 2006, 09:19:02 AM »
STFU you assholes  >:(. No one else deserves to voice their opinion (every 2 secs) like our very own 240 - After all, its obvious the man spends as much time perfecting his websites as he does his physique  ;D ;D ;D

jaejonna

• Getbig V
  • Head Asian of Getbig
« Reply #61 on: April 06, 2006, 09:21:57 AM »
Im sooo sick of that picture..

I wonder if anyone has ever seen 240 in person ??
L

LuciusFox

• Getbig V
« Reply #62 on: April 06, 2006, 09:55:29 AM »
STFU you assholes  >:(. No one else deserves to voice their opinion (every 2 secs) like our very own 240 - After all, its obvious the man spends as much time perfecting his websites as he does his physique  ;D ;D ;D

I hope 240's wife never comes to this site :-\

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #63 on: April 06, 2006, 09:58:10 AM »
I do use some flash components for sites, and I have been learning actionscript to animate.  I am very upfront about the options clients have- they can get an HTML site, or a flash/HTML combination site.  In addition to the site, they also get features like member areas, online stores, SEO, marketing/promotions, photo galleries, training, and overall business competition/strategy assistance.  All for a very sexy $300.

The bottom line is, I deliver a solid, complete website, at a terrific price and fast delivery time.  And I'm busting my ass 12-14 hours a day to do it.

Also, your statement was incorrect.  When I use any kind of package for resale to my clients, I have purchased the licenses for all products sold, and provide that documentation to my clients.  With as many haters as I have, I just gotta follow the rules. If I do my job correctly, much of it *looks* like a template, when what you're really seeing is a series of integrated flash pieces to create a unique site viewing experience.

LuciusFox

• Getbig V
« Reply #64 on: April 06, 2006, 10:01:07 AM »
I do use some flash components for sites, and I have been learning actionscript to animate.  I am very upfront about the options clients have- they can get an HTML site, or a flash/HTML combination site.  In addition to the site, they also get features like member areas, online stores, SEO, marketing/promotions, photo galleries, training, and overall business competition/strategy assistance.  All for a very sexy $300.

The bottom line is, I deliver a solid, complete website, at a terrific price and fast delivery time.  And I'm busting my ass 12-14 hours a day to do it.

Also, your statement was incorrect.  When I use any kind of package for resale to my clients, I have purchased the licenses for all products sold, and provide that documentation to my clients.  With as many haters as I have, I just gotta follow the rules. If I do my job correctly, much of it *looks* like a template, when what you're really seeing is a series of integrated flash pieces to create a unique site viewing experience.

SEO? You sell site-enhancement oil? Are you a synthol dealer?

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #65 on: April 06, 2006, 10:01:57 AM »
SEO? You sell site-enhancement oil? Are you a synthol dealer?

I prefer to call it liquid confidence!

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #66 on: April 06, 2006, 10:15:22 AM »
One more thing- As my sites are designed, there is a series of "back-and-forths" between the client and myself.  Each site has probably 8 to 15 revisions, which takes days of back-and-forth as the site is developed to meet their creative vision.  I have a very efficient design process, but I tell ya, I still work 7 days a week and I spend most of every day building sites and doing marketing.  It's hard work, honestly.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #67 on: April 06, 2006, 12:43:29 PM »
I have a very efficient design process,
Speaking of that design process, you might attract more clients if you didn't spell it, “Grapihics deisgn" on your sites. I'm not a board grammer Nazi because things get posted in hast and mistakes made but those are your webpages man.

LuciusFox

• Getbig V
« Reply #68 on: April 06, 2006, 12:45:10 PM »
One more thing- As my sites are designed, there is a series of "back-and-forths" between the client and myself.  Each site has probably 8 to 15 revisions, which takes days of back-and-forth as the site is developed to meet their creative vision.  I have a very efficient design process, but I tell ya, I still work 7 days a week and I spend most of every day building sites and doing marketing.  It's hard work, honestly.

Your websites are definitely worth the money.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #69 on: April 06, 2006, 06:58:48 PM »
thanks.  yeah, my own site is newly cleaned up, but definitely small in comparison with some of the sites I build.  Time is such a resource I don't have :(

rocket

• Getbig V
  • Not a champion
« Reply #70 on: April 06, 2006, 08:20:26 PM »
I think you at times rely a little too much on "token" flash 240.. you are getting better but if I were you I would focus on initially getting more from photoshop.

However token flash gives the client a feeling that they have received a "flashy" (pardon the use of it) website though.

MisterMagoo

• Getbig V
« Reply #71 on: April 06, 2006, 08:47:42 PM »
allow me to be serious for a moment.

robby, definitely quit relying on flash. very few pro sites (pro meaning professional, not ifbb pros) use flash any more because efficiency and ease of navigation are the biggest keys. look at google, for example. incredibly simple, easy to navigate, and packed with features that work well. any site that takes longer than 4-5 seconds to load on a decent connection will turn off most.

go through a day of web surfing and see how many are built with flash. if you get more than 2 without purposefully searching, id be surprised. macromedia dreamweaver and photoshop are your best friends. work on small, simple graphics and clean navigation. make sure the colors and the font are easy to read.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #72 on: April 06, 2006, 08:53:25 PM »
thanks for the feedback guys.

I am, admittedly, a terrible artist.  I just have no sense of beauty.  I'm a very tacky dresser too.   In a field like BBing where appearances is everything, I've had to learn fast.

Luckily, my clients have pretty clear visions of what they want.  Most people want flash sites with HTML usability and editability.  I'm starting to chunk things up a lot more, starting to employ a lot of degraded background images to convey some depth.  I've come miles from where I was 3 months ago.   My own site uses plain ol' html and like 2 graphics.  But for fitness/bbing clients, I try to deliver something that is just plain sexy to the eye.  Most of the stuff I do for University and local firms is clean, cold and professional anyway.  BBing sites are a lot more fun.

MisterMagoo

• Getbig V
« Reply #73 on: April 06, 2006, 09:00:49 PM »
well try to get across that sometimes their sites come across as busy. vinnies especially is a bit of an eyesore, there's just way too much going on.

bigdumbbell

• Getbig V
  • Bon Voyage !
« Reply #74 on: April 07, 2006, 03:55:24 AM »
flash is so 2002