Author Topic: Concept Cars  (Read 1668 times)

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
Concept Cars
« on: May 21, 2017, 07:56:51 AM »
Over the years I have seen some really good concept cars featured in auto shows.  How come they never make it to production?  Granted some have a few features and such that don't make regulations, but the majority do and have a large fan base so sales could be good.

BB related - Buy one get a free personalized water jug.

The_Iron_Disciple

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team New Dad
Re: Concept Cars
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2017, 07:59:21 AM »
Hopefully Parker will see this. He's, more or less, GB's auto expert.

My favorite concept vehicle :

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2017, 08:48:50 AM »
Since I live in Ft Lauderdale, I like the smallish ones that are like SmartCars on steroids.  Or as a friend put it "on the Munzer cycle".

OLKE_TEXAS

• Getbig IV
  • Heavy Muscle Radio
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2017, 01:21:17 PM »

What is concept about this? There are allready pickup like this right?
O

The_Iron_Disciple

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team New Dad
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2017, 01:38:22 PM »

Sounds gay, but no pickup trucks are as big and long as the Longhauler ( see, told ya lol ). I use to drive a a Dodge 3500 Dually ( diesel of course ) and this truck would make my truck look small. Or at least smaller lol

OLKE_TEXAS

• Getbig IV
  • Heavy Muscle Radio
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2017, 01:41:57 PM »

Sounds gay, but no pickup trucks are as big and long as the Longhauler ( see, told ya lol ). I use to drive a a Dodge 3500 Dually ( diesel of course ) and this truck would make my truck look small. Or at least smaller lol

Dodge 3500? Impressive. What is the reason for the double tires? Never undsrstood that.
O

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
  • Pan Germanism, Pax Britannica
« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2017, 01:43:26 PM »

It's a ten lug truck. might as well be driving an International 4700. I wonder which Cummings it has in it, probably one from a Kenworth truck or something.

The_Iron_Disciple

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team New Dad
« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2017, 01:47:54 PM »
Dodge 3500? Impressive. What is the reason for the double tires? Never undsrstood that.

The main reason is so the trucks have more stability while towing. And if a tire blows out in the back, you're still able to keep driving.

OLKE_TEXAS

• Getbig IV
  • Heavy Muscle Radio
« Reply #8 on: May 21, 2017, 01:51:05 PM »
It's a ten lug truck. might as well be driving an International 4700. I wonder which Cummings it has in it, probably one from a Kenworth truck or something.

These very large pickup trucks are more like downsised lorries. Who uses these kind of trucks? Farmers? Builders?
O

Bevo

• Getbig V
  • Middle Urinal at Buc-ee’s
« Reply #9 on: May 21, 2017, 02:04:15 PM »

More or less a auto expert that has never had real world experience with all the cars mentioned but def an expert in knowing stats from road and track and car and driver  :D ;D

Palumboism

• Getbig IV
« Reply #10 on: May 21, 2017, 05:24:44 PM »
These very large pickup trucks are more like downsised lorries. Who uses these kind of trucks? Farmers? Builders?

You totally gave yourself away.  You're not from Texas.  The purpose of the double tires is to give a higher tow rating.  The max tow rating on the Dodge dually is 31,210 pounds and you need a commercial drivers license to tow that much.  Some of these trucks are used by commercial "hot shot" drivers to pull goose neck trailers and car trailers.  

OLKE_TEXAS

• Getbig IV
  • Heavy Muscle Radio
« Reply #11 on: May 21, 2017, 09:48:39 PM »
You totally gave yourself away.  You're not from Texas.  The purpose of the double tires is to give a higher tow rating.  The max tow rating on the Dodge dually is 31,210 pounds and you need a commercial drivers license to tow that much.  Some of these trucks are used by commercial "hot shot" drivers to pull goose neck trailers and car trailers.  

No shit sherlock. Gimmicks remember.

Wow they can tow the world. Makes more sense now. Thanx for the info. Here in europe those trucks cant even fit in parking spot.
O

OLKE_TEXAS

• Getbig IV
  • Heavy Muscle Radio
« Reply #12 on: May 21, 2017, 09:51:22 PM »
The main reason is so the trucks have more stability while towing. And if a tire blows out in the back, you're still able to keep driving.

Thanx bra. Seems logical. Also safer.
O

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #13 on: May 22, 2017, 07:06:25 AM »
concept cars fail to pass the NHTS safety tests.