Author Topic: JINDER MAHAL BEATS RANDY ORTON FOR WWE WORLD TITLE  (Read 5572 times)

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
JINDER MAHAL BEATS RANDY ORTON FOR WWE WORLD TITLE
« on: May 22, 2017, 09:10:44 PM »
Is this Sheamus 2009 all over again? Rumors swirl about WWE trying to appeal to India.

Didn't they learn their lesson with Khali?

Playboy

• Getbig V
  • If the bar ain't bending, you're just pretending
Re: JINDER MAHAL BEATS RANDY ORTON FOR WWE WORLD TITLE
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2017, 08:23:34 AM »
This was done because there is a HUGE market and population in India for wrestling in general. TNA is huge over there and WWE is countering it with making the new / improved 'roided up Mahal the champ.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2017, 08:33:34 PM »
This was done because there is a HUGE market and population in India for wrestling in general. TNA is huge over there and WWE is countering it with making the new / improved 'roided up Mahal the champ.

Khali was world champion 10 years ago. I didn't see folk from India slobbering over WWE as a result.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2017, 06:02:47 AM »
Khali was world champion 10 years ago. I didn't see folk from India slobbering over WWE as a result.
Khali stunk and everyone knew it. He was just huge in height. Hence it back firing for WWE 10 years ago.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2017, 09:06:35 PM »
Khali stunk and everyone knew it. He was just huge in height. Hence it back firing for WWE 10 years ago.

True. But Mahal was an Indian version of the Brooklyn Brawler, until a few weeks ago.  Finn Balor beat him in less time than it takes to make a bag of microwave popcorn before he moved to Smackdown. Now, he's world champion?

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2017, 04:48:10 AM »
True. But Mahal was an Indian version of the Brooklyn Brawler, until a few weeks ago.  Finn Balor beat him in less time than it takes to make a bag of microwave popcorn before he moved to Smackdown. Now, he's world champion?

Thank god.  Orton is a snoozefest that can't carry a water cup any more, let alone a title reign of any interest.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2017, 08:11:23 AM »
Thank god.  Orton is a snoozefest that can't carry a water cup any more, let alone a title reign of any interest.
I like Orton, love those RKO's out of no where. His timing is amazing.

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2017, 02:01:55 PM »
I like Orton, love those RKO's out of no where. His timing is amazing.

He will never hit them as good as DDP.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2017, 05:03:57 AM »
I think Mahal will do great in that market. Again, its the surprise element. No one expected this guy of all ppl to win the big belt either. Plus he's got those two indy wrestlers with him that take sick bumps. If played correct, it will be something worth while.

Dave D

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: July 10, 2017, 08:41:58 PM »
I think Mahal will do great in that market. Again, its the surprise element. No one expected this guy of all ppl to win the big belt either. Plus he's got those two indy wrestlers with him that take sick bumps. If played correct, it will be something worth while.
I've listened to Mahal on some podcasts and based on those I like him as a person. I now like his character and think he's a good choice for the champion.