Author Topic: Propanolol effective for juice induced anxiety?  (Read 6961 times)

sceagacros

• Getbig III
  • Happy holidays, have you considered suicide?
Propanolol effective for juice induced anxiety?
« on: May 29, 2017, 05:04:12 AM »
Is Propranolol effective for controlling juice induced social/general anxiety? Can it be safely mixed with hypnotic (lunesta, sonata etc.) and Xanax for insomnia? Experienced replies appreciated.

chixlegs

• Getbig III
Re: Propanolol effective for juice induced anxiety?
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2017, 06:45:00 AM »
Is Propranolol effective for controlling juice induced social/general anxiety? Can it be safely mixed with hypnotic (lunesta, sonata etc.) and Xanax for insomnia? Experienced replies appreciated.
I've used propranolol along with low doses of xanax when I've had to give public speeches, it works really really well to control symptoms of anxiety and nervousness.  I don't see it being necessary to control general anxiety if you're already using a benzo for that, however.  If you used it to replace the benzo, it might give some help.  Xanax is a great drug for anxiety but it can be a bitch to stop using so I wouldn't recommend using it daily unless you've tried everything else and you absolutely need it.  I used it successfully for a couple years at 1.5 mg per day and was able to ween off it, but it was a real fuckin bitch to do and it could me nine months.

spiro

• Getbig IV
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2017, 07:52:23 AM »
Works good way safer then benzo

local hero

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • mma finance warrior of peace
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2017, 12:15:02 AM »
You US guys take drugs like sweets, I havnt spoke to a single Brit who has ever brought similar topics up regarding prescription meds

sceagacros

• Getbig III
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2017, 01:48:04 PM »
I'm looking into Propanolol as a safe, non-addictive anxiety alternative, xanax is great for both anxiety and sleep but I really want to get away from it while it's still easy to do. I have a weird schedule where two nights a week I work overnights with all the associated attempting to sleep during the day issues that go along with a sudden reversal of wake/sleep rhythm each week - hence the use of hypnotics .

My main concerns at this time are safety when mixing the three substances which I could see happening at first until I resolve the issue.

Mad-scientist

• Getbig III
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2017, 02:06:05 PM »
You US guys take drugs like sweets, I havnt spoke to a single Brit who has ever brought similar topics up regarding prescription meds

Lol yeah I think the U.S. is the number one consumer of drugs in the world.

youandme

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2017, 09:37:51 AM »
Lol yeah I think the U.S. is the number one consumer of drugs in the world.

Was a study of how there are traces of depression medications in the water supply.

triggerhappy

• Getbig II
« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2017, 03:35:35 PM »
low dose seroquil is probably the safest.

But if you get juice induced anxiety you should come off anyway or at least the drugs that are causing it.

That kind of shit is what gives steroids a bad bame especially when you flip out. Whats the first thing they will blame... Look at warmachine and christy mack

equipoise

• Getbig III
« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2017, 04:36:24 AM »
low dose seroquil is probably the safest.

But if you get juice induced anxiety you should come off anyway or at least the drugs that are causing it.

That kind of shit is what gives steroids a bad bame especially when you flip out. Whats the first thing they will blame... Look at warmachine and christy mack

Seroquel raises blood sugar and can cause diabetes

triggerhappy

• Getbig II
« Reply #9 on: June 01, 2017, 04:25:58 PM »
it wont do that at 25 a day

Rusty Trombone

• Getbig IV
« Reply #10 on: June 02, 2017, 11:36:18 AM »
20mg propranolol is extremely effective for anxiety but you won't be able to even hold a weight firmly in the gym. It cuts my strength 40% without a shadow of doubt.

10mg doesn't effect my strength at all but has less effect at controlling anxiety.
What steroid causes your anxiety btw?

ESFitness

• Getbig V
  • i win.
« Reply #11 on: June 03, 2017, 03:46:37 AM »
Ive tried it. Gave me a cloudy, pressured, headache-feeling (in my head... Obviously) similar to a migraine. Which is ironic since it's prescribed for migraines.(wasn't'power of sugestion either.. Since i did little research on it b4 trying it). Did nothing for artttttttt%ttt%th%gtlllll aniertyv or sleep

Jenetics

• Getbig II
« Reply #12 on: June 03, 2017, 06:05:20 AM »
Phenibut, GABA, kratom. Do some research on these three.

ESFitness

• Getbig V
  • i win.
« Reply #13 on: June 06, 2017, 11:44:31 PM »
Phenibut, GABA, kratom. Do some research on these three.

Gaba is prettynworthless. As it doesnt cross the bbb.

Kratom works for some. Didnt do shit for me no matter what strain I used or how much including upwards of 30 gram doses for me.

I used phenibut back in 05 and didn't remember it doing much for anxiety. In fact I do remember it having the opposite effect. I remember it cutting my son's hair and then deciding I would cut my own hair buzz it all off period then looked in the mirror and saw my eyes and my eyes were like freaking saucers huge and black and like bugging out of my face.. So bad my ex noticed it and said i looked like ",;$;!", a tweaker dude we knew.. And i definitely it's felt stimulated rather than relaxed which was not the effect I was looking for

Mad-scientist

• Getbig III
« Reply #14 on: June 07, 2017, 10:00:30 AM »
If you have the ability to use valium at low doses it can be helpful at around 5mgs in the morning or at night. I would just be careful because when you get off of it your anxiety can get worse. Ive taken it every day for a month and stopped before and Ill start to get bad anxiety and small facial twitches. Realistically your best bet is to phase out whatever steroid is causing anxiety. Some natural herb relaxation products can slightly help. For anxiety before sleeping id reccomend this drink called neuro sleep it is really damn strong it has things in it like 5htp, l tryptophan, melatonin, ect...

Mad-scientist

• Getbig III
« Reply #15 on: June 07, 2017, 10:03:41 AM »
Last thing you want is a benzo addiction though id just cut out the steroids causing anxiety. Anxiety is really bad for your whole body its just not worth living with for a bit of extra muscle. Ive also found sometimes once it starts it doesnt go away even if you stop a compound so i wouldnt push your luck to far.

Notomorrow

• Getbig IV
« Reply #16 on: June 17, 2017, 10:14:04 AM »
Propranalol will only address physical symptoms of anxiety...shaking...swea ting...heart rate...

If that's your issue its amazing.

If you have psychological anxiety...it wont do anything yo lessen your fears.

Thong Maniac

• Getbig IV
« Reply #17 on: June 18, 2017, 05:19:35 AM »
I'm going to try it again for anxiety. Been great for public speeches but it's no miracle. I think Valium or xanax would be the ultimate for public speaking but I've never tried either. My anxiety has been sky rocketing over the last few months due to issues with a dick neighbor and having a kid, etc

sceagacros

• Getbig III
« Reply #18 on: June 19, 2017, 04:56:19 AM »
I've gone a few weeks using  Propanolol occasionally in public circumstances , taken WITH Xanax resulted in my talking quite a bit more in superficial daily interactions - almost "chatty" ........ this would be the perfect cocktail for a performer who struggles with debilitating stage fright for sure. Without the Xanax really didn't seem to have as much of an pronounced effect on me beyond stopping the physical symptoms of anxiety which is a genuine improvement and a good enough reason in my mind to continue use.

Not good at all for insomnia though in my experience, a lot of tossing and turning with very little actual sleeping.

lntense

• Getbig I
« Reply #19 on: June 22, 2017, 12:20:34 PM »
Propranolol works well for controlling physical symptoms of anxiety. Sweaty hands, fumbly voice, rapid heart rate, etc..

Benzos act on GABA and actually slow your thoughts down to ease the mental aspect.

In conjunction these two are very synergistic. If I am going to be giving a speech or presentation there's nothing quite like an adderall, klonopin, and propranolol combo..

I don't advise that though as they are all pretty addictive and if you fall into the habit of relying on them that's hard to come back from. I limit my use to a few times a month, to keep tolerance low and stockpile my prescriptions. lol

pestosterone

• Getbig IV
« Reply #20 on: June 25, 2017, 04:07:15 PM »
Propranolol works well for controlling physical symptoms of anxiety. Sweaty hands, fumbly voice, rapid heart rate, etc..

Benzos act on GABA and actually slow your thoughts down to ease the mental aspect.

In conjunction these two are very synergistic. If I am going to be giving a speech or presentation there's nothing quite like an adderall, klonopin, and propranolol combo..

I don't advise that though as they are all pretty addictive and if you fall into the habit of relying on them that's hard to come back from. I limit my use to a few times a month, to keep tolerance low and stockpile my prescriptions. lol
Good luck not getting a habit. I can't do that with any thing