Author Topic: Best new protein bar?  (Read 11667 times)

NaturalWonder83

• Getbig V
Re: Best new protein bar?
« Reply #25 on: June 23, 2017, 02:57:06 AM »
I miss those VPX zero impact bars.. they could be eaten in hot or cold places without hardening or melting, 30g of whey protein
they were the best I loved them-vpx used to be so good-
w

jude2

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #26 on: June 23, 2017, 09:03:15 PM »
Agreed. They had good products.

claymore

• Getbig IV
« Reply #27 on: June 23, 2017, 11:51:56 PM »
Protein bars are GARBAGE.

ESFitness

• Getbig V
  • i win.
« Reply #28 on: June 24, 2017, 03:23:46 AM »
My favorite protein bar is called a chicken McNugget. Couple bites of honey mustard then a bite of barbecue and a couple bites of sweet and sour then a few more bites of honey mustard that ain't bite or two of barbecue and the rest sweet and sour. Beat that for a dollar 49 Quest Nutrition. Every fucking day how high school mynlunch was a protein bar. Freshman year was vanilla Steel Bars, then sophomore Junior and senior years it was metrics bars period usually extreme vanilla until senior year I started to switch it up a little bit and throw in some of the chocolate graham cracker. Then After High School I was running a GNC and every day was eating those fucking Pure Protein bars and Pure Protein Cookies that were brand new... so after four and a half years of one to three protein bars every day I said fuck that noise and haven't had a protein bar since period I haven't even eaten line in the Years I was in the gym 12 to 14 hours a day and we fucking day of the week

Simple Simon

« Reply #29 on: June 24, 2017, 03:44:11 AM »
My favorite protein bar is called a chicken McNugget. Couple bites of honey mustard then a bite of barbecue and a couple bites of sweet and sour then a few more bites of honey mustard that ain't bite or two of barbecue and the rest sweet and sour. Beat that for a dollar 49 Quest Nutrition. Every fucking day how high school mynlunch was a protein bar. Freshman year was vanilla Steel Bars, then sophomore Junior and senior years it was metrics bars period usually extreme vanilla until senior year I started to switch it up a little bit and throw in some of the chocolate graham cracker. Then After High School I was running a GNC and every day was eating those fucking Pure Protein bars and Pure Protein Cookies that were brand new... so after four and a half years of one to three protein bars every day I said fuck that noise and haven't had a protein bar since period I haven't even eaten line in the Years I was in the gym 12 to 14 hours a day and we fucking day of the week

you said all that?

NaturalWonder83

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: June 24, 2017, 08:32:23 AM »
Protein bars are GARBAGE.
a lot are yes. But there are a few good ones out there. Please think next time before you start bad mouthing and generalizing supplements
w

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #31 on: June 24, 2017, 08:34:10 AM »
Boca burger? Jesus man just eat a real burger. All these vegans doing their best to eat stuff that tastes like meat, just eat meat!
:D

Rambone

• Getbig V
  • “Billy’s taking Art? What the hell for?”
« Reply #32 on: June 24, 2017, 10:36:24 AM »

Gene has the best taste in protein bars. VPX pumpkin and the chocolate one were both the shiznit. Excellent texture, taste, and macros

NaturalWonder83

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: June 24, 2017, 04:52:54 PM »
Gene has the best taste in protein bars. VPX pumpkin and the chocolate one were both the shiznit. Excellent texture, taste, and macros
they were so so good-chocolate peanut butter, the pumpkin-and if u put them in the fridge they tasted amazing
w

Rambone

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: June 25, 2017, 05:21:36 AM »
they were so so good-chocolate peanut butter, the pumpkin-and if u put them in the fridge they tasted amazing

What are the best bars currently on the market my friend? I wonder what those hero quest bars are like. I know you hate quest after they changed around their formula.

NaturalWonder83

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: June 25, 2017, 05:47:11 PM »
What are the best bars currently on the market my friend? I wonder what those hero quest bars are like. I know you hate quest after they changed around their formula.
i like RX bars-just egg whites, cashews, almonds, and dates
And Best Bar Ever
I would never trust quest
w

tres_taco_combo

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: June 25, 2017, 05:49:36 PM »
I am addicted to those lenny cookies

fucking A - but it is off season so i am allowed  :-\

honest thought - just get a pint of halo-top ice cream over a protein bar. same macros, tastes 10x better too

NaturalWonder83

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: June 25, 2017, 05:52:26 PM »
I am addicted to those lenny cookies

fucking A - but it is off season so i am allowed  :-\

honest thought - just get a pint of halo-top ice cream over a protein bar. same macros, tastes 10x better too
oh my god-are you living in outer space??? Lenny Larry is going through a lawsuit now-the label is nothing but lies-the protein level is lower than they claim
Those cookies are crap-u might as well eat a real cookie-there's no difference!!!! Do u see how much sugar is in them??!!!!

Fuck halo top-eat real ice cream-if u eat that much ice cream that u need a fake ice cream to have every day then u need to fix your life man

Eat real ice cream
Jesus Christ!!! Less crap in real ice cream than that halo shit
w

ESFitness

• Getbig V
  • i win.
« Reply #38 on: June 25, 2017, 11:12:01 PM »
you said all that?

Jesus Christ you're fucking pathetic. I'm scrolling down the threats here and I noticed this dividing thought hey I think I replied to that last night. So I click on it and I scroll up and looky looky it's you Jeffrey the first person to reply after my post period what a fucking surprise. You're driving your little choo-choo train in your little conductor's hat and overalls do you sit with a notebook and write out little scenarios would you think my life must be? Why do you think I must be doing when you're cleaning the toilets? Do you sit and write out witty little responses just waiting for the opportunity to type them out at the proper moment? The amount of time in your day you spend thinking about me is fucking pathetic. Do you realize that? Nevermind don't bother answering I really don't give a fuck

Simple Simon

« Reply #39 on: June 26, 2017, 01:08:05 AM »
Jesus Christ you're fucking pathetic. I'm scrolling down the threats here and I noticed this dividing thought hey I think I replied to that last night. So I click on it and I scroll up and looky looky it's you Jeffrey the first person to reply after my post period what a fucking surprise. You're driving your little choo-choo train in your little conductor's hat and overalls do you sit with a notebook and write out little scenarios would you think my life must be? Why do you think I must be doing when you're cleaning the toilets? Do you sit and write out witty little responses just waiting for the opportunity to type them out at the proper moment? The amount of time in your day you spend thinking about me is fucking pathetic. Do you realize that? Nevermind don't bother answering I really don't give a fuck
the amount of time you spend responding is laughable for someone who doesn't give a fuck.

tres_taco_combo

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: June 26, 2017, 09:06:32 AM »
oh my god-are you living in outer space??? Lenny Larry is going through a lawsuit now-the label is nothing but lies-the protein level is lower than they claim
Those cookies are crap-u might as well eat a real cookie-there's no difference!!!! Do u see how much sugar is in them??!!!!

Fuck halo top-eat real ice cream-if u eat that much ice cream that u need a fake ice cream to have every day then u need to fix your life man

Eat real ice cream
Jesus Christ!!! Less crap in real ice cream than that halo shit

I know! I know! I know better x 100

kinda like those post work out shakes/smoothies

better to have a scoop of whey and  DQ Blizzard than a supplement shop choc post work out smoothie

youandme

• Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: June 26, 2017, 09:19:07 AM »

Haha, late 90s huh?  Yeah, those were good.  They had a bit of crunch to them. Pure protein bars, strawberry with the white frosting was great.  Remember eating those and Labrada bars a lot.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
« Reply #42 on: June 26, 2017, 09:44:23 AM »
Met Rx Peanut Butter Pretzel, Met Rx Crispy Apple Pie, Met Rx Super Cookie Crunch

Robert Irvine`s bars are also pretty good too, but I think Met Rx is still better.

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
« Reply #43 on: June 26, 2017, 09:50:22 AM »
you said all that?

I bet he practiced in front of the mirror.

NaturalWonder83

• Getbig V
« Reply #44 on: June 26, 2017, 09:54:13 AM »

better to have a scoop of whey and  DQ Blizzard than a supplement shop choc post work out smoothie

not what I'm saying
Halo top is worthless
There's no need for it
Eating some ice cream is not gonna make or break you
Halo top is a joke-the protein amount in it is worthless
It's not a hidden gem
You're not beating the system by eating it
It's a waste of money
And if you can't live without ice cream to the point of needing halo top or you'll go insane, well then you've got issues
w

HTexan

• Getbig V
  • Heath must lose!!
« Reply #45 on: June 26, 2017, 11:46:10 AM »

yup, a lot of bars are basically wheyed up candy bars. 
A

ESFitness

• Getbig V
  • i win.
« Reply #46 on: June 26, 2017, 11:56:51 AM »
Haha, late 90s huh?  Yeah, those were good.  They had a bit of crunch to them. Pure protein bars, strawberry with the white frosting was great.  Remember eating those and Labrada bars a lot.

Started eating the Steel Bars in 8th grade, "96 then all through freshman year '97 before switching to primarily Met-Rx.

Rambone

• Getbig V
« Reply #47 on: June 26, 2017, 05:57:38 PM »
i like RX bars-just egg whites, cashews, almonds, and dates
And Best Bar Ever
I would never trust quest

Thank you sir. I'll check them out

youandme

• Getbig V
« Reply #48 on: June 26, 2017, 06:09:00 PM »
Started eating the Steel Bars in 8th grade, "96 then all through freshman year '97 before switching to primarily Met-Rx.

Back when bodybuilding was on ESPN.

Yeah, Met-Rx bars the cookie dough were good. 

I remember Chef Jay bars were good in 2003-2005 but I don't see them anymore - I think they were misbranding and got caught and some stores pulled them.