Getbig Main Boards > Politics and Political Issues Board
Universal Basic Income Experiment
(1/4) > >>
Parker:
What say you.
http://fusion.kinja.com/how-to-give-poor-people-money-in-order-to-save-the-worl-1796413546
Soul Crusher:

--- Quote from: Parker on June 27, 2017, 08:56:31 AM ---What say you.
http://fusion.kinja.com/how-to-give-poor-people-money-in-order-to-save-the-worl-1796413546

--- End quote ---

in return for what?  Do they have to work?
tonymctones:
I read an article on this in the wsj yesterday I'll see if I can find it. They described 5 people who received it and how it impacted their lives  two were in Africa and they both received about &600 each and both built homes with it. One was an failed entrepreneur with 6 kids in Finland who said he would start another business with the money he got and how it allowed him more time with his kids. The one in the US was a writer in New Orleans and was receiving about $1,000 a month and said it allowed him more free time to be with family and enjoy himself.

My thoughts are if I'm working harder and more hours than you are to provide you with more free time or to support your six kids, wtf?

tonymctones:

--- Quote from: Soul Crusher on June 27, 2017, 09:07:25 AM ---in return for what?  Do they have to work?

--- End quote ---
Nope they just have to exist...they get it just for being alive
Soul Crusher:

--- Quote from: tonymctones on June 27, 2017, 09:08:51 AM ---I read an article on this in the wsj yesterday I'll see if I can find it. They described 5 people who received it and how it impacted their lives  two were in Africa and they both received about &600 each and both built homes with it. One was an failed entrepreneur with 6 kids in Finland who said he would start another business with the money he got and how it allowed him more time with his kids. The one in the US was a writer in New Orleans and was receiving about $1,000 a month and said it allowed him more free time to be with family and enjoy himself.

My thoughts are if I'm working harder and more hours than you are to provide you with more free time or to support your six kids, wtf?

--- End quote ---

Isnt that what the communist pos pelosi championed w passage of obamacare for people who wanted to be a painter or artist, etc?
Navigation
Message Index
Next page

Go to full version