Author Topic: Tom Platz Seminar  (Read 13148 times)

beakdoctor

• Getbig V
  • Royalty is a schmoe-cel.
Re: Tom Platz Seminar
« Reply #25 on: July 08, 2017, 06:21:55 PM »
Is not aging well despite looking and sounding like he's still in great shape for his age. Always a fan of his physique but it's hard to listen to him. He always struck me as a headcase.

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #26 on: July 08, 2017, 06:47:27 PM »

Met Tom on a couple occasions and went to one of his seminars. He talked about his "famous" 1982 Olympia cycle which consisted of winny and deca of which the doses wouldn't have been high enough a for woman tennis player. lol Well maybe it would but point is it was low very low.

Said one fella on promuscle and I have no reason to doubt him. Quite a hefty Deca dose.

Quote from: Rex Feral
Oh, and Platz.  He was always kind of a strange cat, kind of like Pakulski maybe but way more likeable, maybe more like Kai would be a better analogy.  In that he was very difficult to learn from.  Although his old leg training manual is one of the best leg routines ever.  His upper body training was all over the place in contrast to the organization of his leg training.  He told me to take 1 vial of Deca per day to grow, which then would have been 200mg.  Amazes me that he doesn't sell this shit on Instagram or some shit.  That shit would sell same as it did out of the back of Muscle & Fitness back in the day.  You remember that manual he had?  I never put Turner together with Dickerson until now either.  Samir trained there too at some point I believe.  I trained back with Samir and his then brother in law Lee Labrada as a teenager in 1984 when Samir was 8-12 weeks out from being beaten by Lee Haney.  He went up to 405 pretty strict on bent rows and he weighed what maybe 220.  They said I should I be on suspension, prop, cyp, enan, dbol, anadrol.

Rex.

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #27 on: July 09, 2017, 12:24:52 AM »
according to Mentzer he put 8-12 pounds of lean dry muscle tissue leading up to the 81 olympia

Mr Anabolic

• Getbig V
  • Better to die on your feet than on your knees.
« Reply #28 on: July 09, 2017, 04:53:17 AM »
Yes correct

But What the fucks that got to do with anything you fucking idiot??

So some respect you ass wipe.

Henda

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: July 09, 2017, 05:22:55 AM »
So some respect you ass wipe.

No, fuck you

Being a bodybuilding legend doesn't change the fact he's more wrinkled than the ball sack of a 90 year old man who fell asleep in the bath for 3 hours.

You piece of absolute shit

mental_masturbator

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #30 on: July 10, 2017, 03:02:07 PM »
Watching the squat tutorial, it strikes me that he seems to have zero mobility issues with his hip and knee joints.  I see way too many people his age who are on their way to hip and or knee joint replacements.  Perhaps there is something to the "purity" of the upright squat (Tom's adjective). 

Simple Simon

« Reply #31 on: July 10, 2017, 03:07:12 PM »

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #32 on: July 10, 2017, 03:15:15 PM »
Watching the squat tutorial, it strikes me that he seems to have zero mobility issues with his hip and knee joints.  I see way too many people his age who are on their way to hip and or knee joint replacements.  Perhaps there is something to the "purity" of the upright squat (Tom's adjective). 

He was genetically made to squat. Not everyone has that mobility and it could even be harmful to try to force it through stretching.

ProudVirgin69

• Getbig V
  • hardcore redneck electric champion
« Reply #33 on: July 10, 2017, 03:57:32 PM »
30 years later and these are still the best legs ever

Also this is probably the most impressive lifting of all time:

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #34 on: July 10, 2017, 04:57:11 PM »
I just turned 62 this past June and he makes me look young.

Thanks Tom !   ;)

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #35 on: July 10, 2017, 04:59:25 PM »
As an addendum,I was and always will be a big Platz fan.

Hypertrophy

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: July 10, 2017, 05:24:48 PM »
Jesus white people do not age well.

Sure looks sun damaged. He was working in Phoenix for a while (where I am right now) and I see that a lot with people who don't stay out of the sun. I had a 38 year old female friend who looked 60- and she spent hours in the sun working out for triathlon. You keep to under an hour here and use lots of SPF50. It is so different than in the northeast where I used to live. The sun is much more intense and unfiltered in the desert southwest.

Ropo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #37 on: July 11, 2017, 01:46:54 AM »
He was genetically made to squat. Not everyone has that mobility and it could even be harmful to try to force it through stretching.

No, he isn't. He has just normal mobility of an athlete and it isn't same than mobility of couch potato whose only exercise is masturbation.  ;D

Ropo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #38 on: July 11, 2017, 01:56:32 AM »
Looks like absolute shit for only being 62 years old. Plus he rambles on and on about absolute nonsense. Sounds like he enjoys hearing himself talk even though he makes no sense when he speaks. Would not see him in person if I was paid to do so. He is a legend however, for breaking the barrier in leg development, light years ahead of everyone in his prime.

Well, at least he has a track record to talk about, while you are just anonymous little kid, and quite stupid one: if you can't understand what he speaks, fault is in your head.  ;D

judochoke

• Getbig III
« Reply #39 on: July 11, 2017, 08:54:55 AM »
Looks like a tranny. 120 pound old man. Why would I listen to anything this tranny says??
Because he had big legs 40 years ago??? Please😡

Hypertrophy

• Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: July 11, 2017, 10:57:16 AM »

falco

• Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: July 11, 2017, 11:07:46 AM »
Tom Platz is one of the most charismatic bodybuilders ever.

Hypertrophy

• Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: July 11, 2017, 11:17:42 AM »
Watching the squat tutorial, it strikes me that he seems to have zero mobility issues with his hip and knee joints.  I see way too many people his age who are on their way to hip and or knee joint replacements.  Perhaps there is something to the "purity" of the upright squat (Tom's adjective).  

Platz squatting in his prime looked like a piston going up and down. Amazing form.

Rudee

• Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: July 11, 2017, 12:48:03 PM »
Compared to Ronnie, who talks like he has a mouth full of marbles, it's refreshing to hear a bodybuilder speak clearly.

Ropo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #44 on: July 11, 2017, 10:53:26 PM »
Looks like a tranny. 120 pound old man. Why would I listen to anything this tranny says??
Because he had big legs 40 years ago??? Please😡

Because he knows what he is talking about, and he has a bunch of trophy's to prove it? Why anyone should listen to you, who has an illusion that he has something to say, but who lives in his mom's basement  ;D

Fortress

• Getbig V
« Reply #45 on: July 11, 2017, 11:41:14 PM »
Platz squatting in his prime looked like a piston going up and down. Amazing form.

That video is far removed from his prime.

Fortress

• Getbig V
« Reply #46 on: July 11, 2017, 11:49:31 PM »
30 years later and these are still the best legs ever

Also this is probably the most impressive lifting of all time:

That's a very cool video, but he was long past his best (by a lot) when it was shot (a publicity stunt squat-off against Fred "Dr. Squat" Hatfield for the WBF). Also, he wore a single-ply suit under his sweats.

Tom squatted 635 for 12 only a few weeks before the O in, I think, 1984/5. Now that is incredible. Olympic style. Belt only.

P.S. It's obvious your knowledge of elite strength performance is extremely limited, by the way. While some of Platz's feats are worthy of top honours, mountains of verified lifts throughout the last 50-plus years also deserve the same. I mean, jeez ...

Tha Grim Lifter

• Getbig IV
« Reply #47 on: July 12, 2017, 12:07:02 AM »
I saw a seminar he did in 1993, after the O, where he said Dorian showing up like he did was everything he was trying to be. I think it was in England.

Dieter

• Getbig III
« Reply #48 on: July 13, 2017, 11:19:47 AM »
I'd bet good money Mr Platz has no health insurance and probably hasn't gone to the dentist in years. :'( :'(

falco

• Getbig V
« Reply #49 on: July 13, 2017, 12:59:51 PM »
He actually needs heels to squat properly. People made to squat can squat ass to grass barefoot, without heels or steps.
If one has a smaller femur than the tibia (lenght), squat become easy. Longer femur and you squat like Mike O hearn