Author Topic: Living in Los Angeles  (Read 40928 times)

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
Re: Living in Los Angeles
« Reply #150 on: August 17, 2017, 11:52:42 PM »
No, it is the same company. I currently work at the corporate office. This would be at one of our banners in Cali. I have 30 yrs at the company, 6 weeks vacation and another week of bullshit days off. Good gig, I would never leave the company.

It thought that's what you intimated before. This definitely ups feelings of security.

seCrawler

• Getbig IV
« Reply #151 on: August 18, 2017, 03:28:54 AM »
Emmortal, your reply really resonated with me. Thank you very much. You have lived in all 3 areas I either live at or am considering moving to. Huge help. My young girlfriend will be coming with me. They are placing her in a job as well. My office will be in Compton. We have been looking nightly at housing. I would like to stay under $400k if possible so I am probably going to have to go with a condo to stay in that price range. I would like to keep my commute under 1/2 hr to Compton. We have looked at Carson, Torrance, Long Beach, Wittier, Lakewood, San Pedro and several other cities in that area. Do you have any cities you would recommend? Thank you again!

East LA is well within your budget but I wouldn't touch it with a mile long pole.

ratherbebig

• Getbig V
  • if you got more than 10k you're gay
« Reply #152 on: August 18, 2017, 03:30:49 AM »
what about the gang situation in los angeles?

Bevo

• Getbig V
  • Middle Urinal at Buc-ee’s
« Reply #153 on: August 18, 2017, 03:52:34 AM »
East LA is well within your budget but I wouldn't touch it with a mile long pole.

Haha he's going to be in for a rude awakening living in those areas

A white guy from the Midwest working in Compton haha

Vatos and Hebrews will make him feel welcome  ;D

Since he's a getbigger I recommend areas in porter ranch, Beverly Hills, Brentwood, bel air, Newport Beach, Malibu

gym**rat

• Getbig V
« Reply #154 on: August 18, 2017, 04:01:39 AM »

Since he's a getbigger I recommend areas in porter ranch, Beverly Hills, Brentwood, bel air, Newport Beach, Malibu

I have spent a lot time at this Compton office the last 11 years. I have never encountered an issue in that area. I go to lunch in Compton and sometimes dinner. No problem.

seCrawler

• Getbig IV
« Reply #155 on: August 18, 2017, 04:01:50 AM »

LOL, that's where his job is? I didn't see the beginning of his posts.  How is the commute to Riverside?  I'd suggest there if he is on a budget.  

seCrawler

• Getbig IV
« Reply #156 on: August 18, 2017, 04:03:11 AM »
I have spent a lot time at this Compton office the last 11 years. I have never encountered an issue in that area. I go to lunch in Compton and sometimes dinner. No problem.

Lunch and Living are two different Ls. 

gym**rat

• Getbig V
« Reply #157 on: August 18, 2017, 04:05:33 AM »
Lunch and Living are two different Ls. 

I won't live in Compton. There are many good areas within a 20 min commute. Plus I lack the fear gene. Oh wait, that is ES.

gym**rat

• Getbig V
« Reply #158 on: August 18, 2017, 04:06:53 AM »
what about the gang situation in los angeles?

I have a really fucked up back so that should qualify me for the Crips.

ratherbebig

• Getbig V
  • if you got more than 10k you're gay
« Reply #159 on: August 18, 2017, 04:09:26 AM »
18th Street gang
Armenian Power
Black Guerrilla Family
Black P. Stones
Bloods
Chosen Few MC
Crips
Asian Boyz
Grape Street Watts Crips
Rollin' 30s Harlem Crips
Rollin 60's Neighborhood Crips
Tongan Crip Gang
Venice Shoreline Crips
Hells Angels
Los Angeles crime family
Kosher Nostra
Mexican Mafia
Mongols Motorcycle Club
MS-13
Peckerwood
Aryan Brotherhood
Nazi Lowriders
Public Enemy No. 1
Pirus
Sinaloa Cartel
Sureños
Florencia 13
38th Street gang
Azusa 13
The Avenues
Culver City Boys 13
El Monte Flores 13
Northside Bolen Parque 13
Puente 13
Varrio Nuevo Estrada
Venice 13
White Fence
Triad
14K Triad
Black Dragons
Wah Ching
Vagos Motorcycle Club

gym**rat

• Getbig V
« Reply #160 on: August 18, 2017, 04:14:30 AM »
18th Street gang
Armenian Power
Black Guerrilla Family
Black P. Stones
Bloods
Chosen Few MC
Crips
Asian Boyz
Grape Street Watts Crips
Rollin' 30s Harlem Crips
Tongan Crip Gang
Venice Shoreline Crips
Hells Angels
Los Angeles crime family
Kosher Nostra
Mexican Mafia
Mongols Motorcycle Club
MS-13
Peckerwood
Caucasian Brotherhood
Nazi Lowriders
Public Enemy No. 1
Pirus
Sinaloa Cartel
Sureños
Florencia 13
38th Street gang
Azusa 13
The Avenues
Culver City Boys 13
El Monte Flores 13
Puente 13
Varrio Nuevo Estrada
Venice 13
White Fence
Triad
14K Triad
Black Dragons
Wah Ching
Vagos Motorcycle Club

I kinda like White Fence, it sounds intimidating. Do they go around and paint picket fences white to intimidate the home owner?

Ruffian

• Getbig II
« Reply #161 on: August 18, 2017, 09:18:13 AM »
The LA area is awesome. So much to do, the beaches are essentially free, good cheap food can be found easily enough. Groceries are about the same as anyplace else. Real estate is crazy and traffic might make you shoot yourself or others. We were in the LA area two weeks ago taking the kids to Disney. Coming back from disney about 1 am the only shady thing we saw was a black dude riding a bike towards a small store and he had a baseball bat in one hand. Im sure he was just protecting the neighborhood from bad folks. But we had a great time another friend just moved out there with his family and they love it.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #162 on: August 18, 2017, 12:01:28 PM »

Nice places, but probably out of reach.

Emmortal

• Getbig V
« Reply #163 on: August 18, 2017, 01:52:25 PM »
Emmortal, your reply really resonated with me. Thank you very much. You have lived in all 3 areas I either live at or am considering moving to. Huge help. My young girlfriend will be coming with me. They are placing her in a job as well. My office will be in Compton. We have been looking nightly at housing. I would like to stay under $400k if possible so I am probably going to have to go with a condo to stay in that price range. I would like to keep my commute under 1/2 hr to Compton. We have looked at Carson, Torrance, Long Beach, Wittier, Lakewood, San Pedro and several other cities in that area. Do you have any cities you would recommend? Thank you again!

Torrance isn't too bad, just remember though the further inland you go the cheaper it will be but traffic will also be worse and the weather deteriorates (gets hotter, especially in summers, 100+ degrees).  I'd avoid Long Beach and San Pedro as they can be a bit dicey and I doubt Wittier will be much better.

You can try around Hawthorne and Lawndale which are a little more north and toward the ocean, you can probably find a condo around there in the $400k range and it's a bit closer to the west side, downtown and hollywood.  Keep in mind though commute times can be hairy, 10 miles in rush hour can take 1+ hours on the freeways so it can be a little deceptive if you are not used to those numbers.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #164 on: August 18, 2017, 01:59:40 PM »
Torrance isn't too bad, just remember though the further inland you go the cheaper it will be but traffic will also be worse and the weather deteriorates (gets hotter, especially in summers, 100+ degrees).  I'd avoid Long Beach and San Pedro as they can be a bit dicey and I doubt Wittier will be much better.

You can try around Hawthorne and Lawndale which are a little more north and toward the ocean, you can probably find a condo around there in the $400k range and it's a bit closer to the west side, downtown and hollywood.  Keep in mind though commute times can be hairy, 10 miles in rush hour can take 1+ hours on the freeways so it can be a little deceptive if you are not used to those numbers.

Sadly, long commute times are occurring in most major cities. In little old Portland, OR there is constant rush hour traffic on some of our freeways. Even here, it can take up to an hour to travel 10 miles. The infrastructure and public transportation have not kept up with population increases.

Emmortal

• Getbig V
« Reply #165 on: August 18, 2017, 03:16:51 PM »
Sadly, long commute times are occurring in most major cities. In little old Portland, OR there is constant rush hour traffic on some of our freeways. Even here, it can take up to an hour to travel 10 miles. The infrastructure and public transportation have not kept up with population increases.

I hear a lot of that has to do with Californians making an exodus to the pacific northwest.  Not surprising.  I was looking at land up there a while ago and within a year prices had jumped 20%.

The US in general is way behind public transportation of other countries.

sync pulse

• Getbig V
  • Only be sure always to call it please, 'research'
« Reply #166 on: August 18, 2017, 03:28:01 PM »

The LA area is awesome. So much to do, the beaches are essentially free, good cheap food can be found easily enough. Groceries are about the same as anyplace else. Real estate is crazy and traffic might make you shoot yourself or others. We were in the LA area two weeks ago taking the kids to Disney. Coming back from disney about 1 am the only shady thing we saw was a black dude riding a bike towards a small store and he had a baseball bat in one hand. Im sure he was just protecting the neighborhood from bad folks. But we had a great time another friend just moved out there with his family and they love it.

I have never had a bad experience in L. A., either from driving or being a pedestrian...But then, I am from Houston so i am used to automobile oriented communities.

Portland has purposely made it difficult to use your car...the buzz phrase used to be, "Get Americans out of their cars."  They cancel, delay or downsize traffic /roadway projects.  The idea is to persuade you to use the Metro system.

Taffin

• Getbig V
  • Training out my gay penor...
« Reply #167 on: August 18, 2017, 04:03:01 PM »
18th Street gang
Armenian Power
Black Guerrilla Family
Black P. Stones
Bloods
Chosen Few MC
Crips
Asian Boyz
Grape Street Watts Crips
Rollin' 30s Harlem Crips
Tongan Crip Gang
Venice Shoreline Crips
Hells Angels
Los Angeles crime family
Kosher Nostra
Mexican Mafia
Mongols Motorcycle Club
MS-13
Peckerwood
Caucasian Brotherhood
Nazi Lowriders
Public Enemy No. 1
Pirus
Sinaloa Cartel
Sureños
Florencia 13
38th Street gang
Azusa 13
The Avenues
Culver City Boys 13
El Monte Flores 13
Puente 13
Varrio Nuevo Estrada
Venice 13
White Fence
Triad
14K Triad
Black Dragons
Wah Ching
Vagos Motorcycle Club

Found my gang...  8)
T

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #168 on: August 18, 2017, 05:08:27 PM »
I have never had a bad experience in L. A., either from driving or being a pedestrian...But then, I am from Houston so i am used to automobile oriented communities.

Portland has purposely made it difficult to use your car...the buzz phrase used to be, "Get Americans out of their cars."  They cancel, delay or downsize traffic /roadway projects.  The idea is to persuade you to use the Metro system.

Even better, ride your bike. There are bike lanes all over the city and well into the burbs.

TriMet is a public agency that operates mass transit in the Portland metropolitan area.  TriMet started operating a light rail system, the MAX in 1986, which has since been expanded to 5 lines that now cover 59.7 miles, as well as a commuter rail line in 2009. It also provides the operators and maintenance personnel for the City of Portland-owned Portland Streetcar system.

There are 683 buses in TriMet's fleet. In Fiscal Year 2013, the entire system averaged almost 316,700 rides per weekday and operates buses and trains between 5 a.m. and 2 a.m. with no "night owl" service. TriMet's annual budget is $489 million, with over half of revenues coming from a district-wide payroll tax.

sync pulse

• Getbig V
  • Only be sure always to call it please, 'research'
« Reply #169 on: August 18, 2017, 06:04:32 PM »
^^^^^^^

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #170 on: August 18, 2017, 06:44:38 PM »
Under 400k.....tiny house or a condo or a longer commute. I wouldn't recommend commuting down the 91(corona, riverside area)
As far as keeping the commute under 30 minutes, LOL You'll have to stay pretty close to work.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

gym**rat

• Getbig V
« Reply #171 on: August 18, 2017, 07:08:04 PM »
Under 400k.....tiny house or a condo or a longer commute. I wouldn't recommend commuting down the 91(corona, riverside area)
As far as keeping the commute under 30 minutes, LOL You'll have to stay pretty close to work.

My girlfriend and I have  found some really nice condos in the mid to upper $300k range and fairly close to work and beach with low crime. I think a house is out of the question. Not like the houses there have a yard lol.  Also the houses are so close they might as well be connected.

flinstones1

• Getbig V
  • levroneflinstonee
Re: Living in LA
« Reply #172 on: August 19, 2017, 01:21:01 PM »
Thank you Slik, 2 very good replies. Florida is definitely my 2nd choice. I just want warmth and sand when I am done working.

I would not move to La. The nightlife is ok with Hollywood, studio city, and downtown but nothing like New York or Miami. Clubs and bars close at 2am which really sucks.

It's polluted and dirty with terrible traffic. The beaches are filthy with the exception of Malibu. No outdoor
Beach bars to show off the physique either.  If your considering Southern California I think San Diego is the better place to live.  Better women, better weather, and cleaner beaches. La Jolla, Laguna beach, all beautiful  places. Newport Beach is nice too. The place you mentioned where your going to work  (Compton) is terrible  and i wouldn't reccomend working down there. Very dangerous. Torrance and Carson aren't as dangerous but they are both filthy and way too  crowded.

l

flinstones1

• Getbig V
  • levroneflinstonee
« Reply #173 on: August 19, 2017, 01:26:08 PM »

Haha
l

gym**rat

• Getbig V
Re: Living in LA
« Reply #174 on: August 19, 2017, 07:45:44 PM »
I would not move to La. The nightlife is ok with Hollywood, studio city, and downtown but nothing like New York or Miami. Clubs and bars close at 2am which really sucks.

It's polluted and dirty with terrible traffic. The beaches are filthy with the exception of Malibu. No outdoor
Beach bars to show off the physique either.  If your considering Southern California I think San Diego is the better place to live.  Better women, better weather, and cleaner beaches. La Jolla, Laguna beach, all beautiful  places. Newport Beach is nice too. The place you mentioned where your going to work  (Compton) is terrible  and i wouldn't reccomend working down there. Very dangerous. Torrance and Carson aren't as dangerous but they are both filthy and way too  crowded.

I have spent ample time going to Compton for work over the past 10 years. Go to lunch there even dinner from time to time. I wouldn't live there but as far as working there I have never had an issue. Like most cities you have good and bad parts.
Living in San Diego is not an option. Even though I will be managing people from San Diego to Oakland but those will be 1-2 day tripsto all those cities. To be honest I will take horrible traffic and dirt over these winters in the Midwest. It is only August and everyone I know including myself is already dreading it. With a completely fucked up back the winter plays hell on it. I have 4-5 months straight of unbearable pain. It is not quite as bad in warm weather. I do appreciate your view and opinion on this though. Thank you.