Author Topic: Getbigger Fired From Google  (Read 7158 times)

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
Re: Getbigger Fired From Google
« Reply #25 on: August 09, 2017, 04:13:59 PM »

Steve Jobs explains that the difference between the best  programmers and an average programmer is 50 to 1.  Anyone who's programmed and knows great programmers understands this.  For example, The founders of google were great programmers.  This is why affirmative action is so decisive in software development.  Your really need great programmers to develop software the level Google does. 

These truly gifted programmers are weird fucks.  I've known a couple super genius guys who are strange mofos but can code like nobody's business.  Their vision of the future of technology was years ahead of everyone else.

Palumboism

• Getbig IV
« Reply #26 on: August 09, 2017, 04:23:27 PM »
These truly gifted programmers are weird fucks.  I've known a couple super genius guys who are strange mofos but can code like nobody's business.  Their vision of the future of technology was years ahead of everyone else.

They may be weird, but when you understand and appreciate how great they are it's like Salieri appreciating Mozart.  

_bruce_

• Getbig V
  • Sam Sesambröt Sulek
« Reply #27 on: August 09, 2017, 05:08:15 PM »
The elite is most likely not working at google.

Palumboism

• Getbig IV
« Reply #28 on: August 09, 2017, 05:52:37 PM »
The elite is most likely not working at google.

I don't think Google has difficulties recruiting talented people.  If you're a software developer, Google's a great name to have on your resume.  I hear the working conditions aren't bad either.

BlackMetallic

• Getbig V
  • I am Jack's lack of HRT skills
« Reply #29 on: August 09, 2017, 06:04:10 PM »

YngiweRhoads

• Getbig V
  • Shreddin'
« Reply #30 on: August 09, 2017, 06:08:55 PM »

NelsonMuntz

• Getbig V
  • Getbigs Most Positive Member March&October 2017
« Reply #31 on: August 09, 2017, 06:17:03 PM »
"

The_Punisher

• Getbig V
  • The Unrighteous Shall Pay
« Reply #32 on: August 09, 2017, 08:03:33 PM »
They may be weird, but when you understand and appreciate how great they are it's like Salieri appreciating Mozart.  

LOL.....one of my top 5 favorite movie of all time....Salieri does know a Great Programmer when he hears one... ;D

Griffith

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: August 10, 2017, 02:44:56 AM »
Liberalism....all about freedom of speech and thought...

Powerlift66

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: August 10, 2017, 03:44:03 AM »
I don't think Google has difficulties recruiting talented people.  If you're a software developer, Google's a great name to have on your resume.  I hear the working conditions aren't bad either.

Fecked up company, I worked for them for a year while they bought our company, then sold it off. Definitely lefty libtard driven, BUT, lots of women have very big jobs (IT is all run by women).

I did take the extra 35K (after tax) they gave me in stock to use toward my kids college though, a nice bonus for 1 year with the fecked up place (On top of the 10% bonus they also give each year). Glad they sold us off though. Company that bought us is awesome, still get my 13K bonus each year, work my own hours, work from home, met my boss once who lives across the country.

At age 51, I want 9 more years then bail at age 60. Just signed a new 10 year lease, so I hope it lasts, cake walk...

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #35 on: August 10, 2017, 07:08:58 AM »
You should see some big changes in the next few years. Political correctness has reached a point where it's comedy to anybody who isn't a Libtard:

https://www.ispot.tv/ad/wAhV/ring-porch-protector

Palumboism

• Getbig IV
« Reply #36 on: August 10, 2017, 04:59:53 PM »
Google abruptly cancels all-hands meeting on manifesto flap
Elizabeth Weise, USATODAY

MOUNTAIN VIEW, Calif. — Google abruptly canceled a town hall meeting late Thursday afternoon amid concerns over employee safety.

Google CEO Sundar Pichai was to address employees at the company's headquarters here and over a live-stream worldwide about fallout from former employee James Damore's gender manifesto and his subsequent firing.

But minutes before the meeting was to start, Pichai said in an email to Googlers it was scotched over concern over online harassment of employees whose names and questions were published on alt-right websites.

"Googlers are writing in, concerned about their safety and worried they may be 'outed' publicly for asking a question in the Town Hall," Pichai wrote. His email message was first reported by Recode.

Google confirmed the email to USA TODAY.

The last-minute cancellation is the latest twist in a saga that  began last Friday with a few tweets about a long memo by a Google engineer quickly became a publicity inferno, calling into question Google's focus on increasing the number of women, African-Americans and Hispanics in its technical and leadership ranks, as well as the company's commitment to free speech and the limits of internal debate.  

https://www.usatoday.com/story/tech/2017/08/10/google-gears-up-all-hands-meeting-manifesto-flap/557046001/

Concerns for employee safety?  ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::)

illuminati

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • The Strongest Shall Survive.- - Lest we Forget.
« Reply #37 on: August 10, 2017, 05:21:21 PM »
You should see some big changes in the next few years. Political correctness has reached a point where it's comedy to anybody who isn't a Libtard:

https://www.ispot.tv/ad/wAhV/ring-porch-protector

x2 it's certainly getting that way
It's not quite there yet - Sadly

Though the madness is going to get so ridiculous
It will implode

The pendulum Will swing the other way
The sooner the better I say.

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #38 on: August 11, 2017, 09:22:08 AM »
Don't confuse highly intelligent with highly educated.  Indians are no more intelligent than white people but they are disciplined in going to school and learning instead of posting on facebook and playing PS4.  The quality of work from these indians is horrible.

Yes, I'm sure that's fair to say (no personal knowledge of last part tho).

But as for the rest, I suppose it helps that they haven't experienced the intrusions on their culture that we do from the Demons of Destruction behind MSM.  Their families and core values have held together relatively intact, unlike our own.  And hell yeah, it's by-plan.

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #39 on: August 11, 2017, 10:32:16 AM »
Yes, I'm sure that's fair to say (no personal knowledge of last part tho).

But as for the rest, I suppose it helps that they haven't experienced the intrusions on their culture that we do from the Demons of Destruction behind MSM.  Their families and core values have held together relatively intact, unlike our own.  And hell yeah, it's by-plan.

While the west got caught up with kids doing what their heart says and wasting time in college taking psychology, philosophy and other shit, the Indians saw that technology was the future of jobs so they went all in setting up pure technology universities and ushering their population through it, then high tech companies saw the cheap labor train and put money in to make it more efficient for themselves.  Microsoft was one of the first companies to start hoarding H1B visas to bring Inidans over and quickly maxed out the allowed visas and spent money lobbying to have congress increase the limits year after year.
Just like anything that churns out a lot of shit, you get shit.  Companies hire Indians at a 1/3 of the pay of their white counterparts but they put 3-4 Indians on a task that one person would normally do so they're not really saving any money.

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #40 on: August 11, 2017, 10:56:33 AM »
While the west got caught up with kids doing what their heart says and wasting time in college taking psychology, philosophy and other shit, the Indians saw that technology was the future of jobs so they went all in setting up pure technology universities and ushering their population through it, then high tech companies saw the cheap labor train and put money in to make it more efficient for themselves.  Microsoft was one of the first companies to start hoarding H1B visas to bring Inidans over and quickly maxed out the allowed visas and spent money lobbying to have congress increase the limits year after year.
Just like anything that churns out a lot of shit, you get shit.  Companies hire Indians at a 1/3 of the pay of their white counterparts but they put 3-4 Indians on a task that one person would normally do so they're not really saving any money.

And of course we're supposed to have our own ways of guiding kids on what to pursue, relying upon getting our own "guidance" from those who run the corporations, and yet we find that we "can't get qualified Americans" to do these skilled things. 

Just, exactly, like we "can't find" the ones to do the unskilled things.  Isn't that convenient.

Looks like the rich man punked our society right in the ass.  Now we're fucked.

MONSTER_TRICEPS

• Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: August 11, 2017, 11:10:39 AM »
Ellen Pao’s gender-discrimination lawsuit against Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers in 2015 also brought the issue to light, and more women are speaking up to say they’ve been sidelined in the male-dominated industry, especially in engineering roles.

"According to the National Society of Professional Engineers in 2004, there were approximately 192,900 female engineers throughout the country, compared with over 1,515,000 men."

How is it possible that engineering roles are dominated by men!!!! So unfair.  ;D