Author Topic: This isn't good  (Read 18240 times)

Kwon

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
Re: This isn't good
« Reply #75 on: August 10, 2017, 11:31:38 AM »
My life fades. The vision dims. All that remains are memories. I remember a time of chaos, ruined dreams, this wasted land. But most of all, I remember the road warrior, the man we called Max. To understand who he was we have to go back to the other time, when the world was powered by the black fuel and the desert sprouted great cities of pipe and steel — gone now, swept away. For reasons long forgotten two mighty warrior tribes went to war and touched off a blaze which engulfed them all. Without fuel they were nothing. They'd built a house of straw. The thundering machines sputtered and stopped. Their leaders talked and talked and talked, but nothing could stem the avalanche. Their world crumbled. Cities exploded — a whirlwind of looting, a firestorm of fear. Men began to feed on men.
On the roads it was a white-line nightmare. Only those mobile enough to scavenge, brutal enough to pillage would survive. The gangs took over the highways, ready to wage war for a tank of juice, and in this maelstrom of decay ordinary men were battered and smashed — men like Max, the warrior Max. In the roar of an engine, he lost everything and became a shell of a man, a burnt-out desolate man, a man haunted by the demons of his past, a man who wandered out into the wasteland. And it was here, in this blighted place, that he learned to live again.

Prayers for Piano.
Q

TuHolmes

• Getbig V
  • Darkness is fated to eventually be destroyed...
« Reply #76 on: August 10, 2017, 02:19:54 PM »
He lived through it from the safety of his couch.

There are guys on this board who truly were in the shit, boots on the ground, and lived through it.

That doesn't make the soggy old queer special. It just makes him an opinionated blowhard.

And as far as your learn from history goes....google Neville Chamberlain and see how far appeasement gets you with crazy dictators

I know the history of Chamberlain and peace in our time and all of that non-sense. I do understand. The question is whether or not the crazy dictator needs to be truly dealt with in the manner we are speaking.

At the end of the day, it's easy to call for destruction when you are not the one in the line of fire, that's all. There is appeasement, which to be honest, we have not done in any way with NK, and then there's wanton destruction.

There's a line you have to walk.

To be honest, the one thing Trump was definitely correct about is that China could fix it if they wanted to.

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #77 on: August 10, 2017, 03:08:50 PM »
Their hats are very large

X

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #78 on: August 10, 2017, 08:10:32 PM »
I know the history of Chamberlain and peace in our time and all of that non-sense. I do understand. The question is whether or not the crazy dictator needs to be truly dealt with in the manner we are speaking.

At the end of the day, it's easy to call for destruction when you are not the one in the line of fire, that's all. There is appeasement, which to be honest, we have not done in any way with NK, and then there's wanton destruction.

There's a line you have to walk.

To be honest, the one thing Trump was definitely correct about is that China could fix it if they wanted to.

I haven't heard anyone call for its destruction, I have heard ultimatums by Trump and Mattis but they're doing everything (I'm assuming) in their power to avoid what may seem like the unavoidable. I was listening to Sheppard Smith more or less calling Trump out because of the ultimatum he made and still not doing anything despite more threats. I guess with Smith, jumping into a nuclear war is just that simple.

The Scott

• Getbig V
  • I'm a victim of soicumcision!!
« Reply #79 on: August 10, 2017, 08:16:41 PM »
Their hats are very large

That's due entirely to their having wee heeds.

TuHolmes

• Getbig V
« Reply #80 on: August 10, 2017, 10:39:57 PM »
I haven't heard anyone call for its destruction, I have heard ultimatums by Trump and Mattis but they're doing everything (I'm assuming) in their power to avoid what may seem like the unavoidable. I was listening to Sheppard Smith more or less calling Trump out because of the ultimatum he made and still not doing anything despite more threats. I guess with Smith, jumping into a nuclear war is just that simple.

The rhetoric is actually leading us in that direction.

There is a reason why what you say matters. How you say it is important.

Trump's response would have been better if he had said something akin to:

"The United States will use its entire military might to defend the United States, it's territories, and it's allies. We will not be intimidated and we will not allow any harm to befall them. No matter the cost."

That is a much more diplomatic way of saying the same thing. It is measured and isn't starting a pissing contest. This is escalating and we need to deescalate. It is going in the wrong direction.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #81 on: August 10, 2017, 11:12:16 PM »

"The United States will use its entire military might to defend the United States, it's territories, and it's allies. We will not be intimidated and we will not allow any harm to befall them. No matter the cost."

That is a much more diplomatic way of saying the same thing. It is measured and isn't starting a pissing contest. This is escalating and we need to deescalate. It is going in the wrong direction.

That sounds like something a seasoned politician would say. Trump isn't a politician

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
  • DON'T BE A TRAITOR TO YOUR TRIBE
« Reply #82 on: August 10, 2017, 11:12:33 PM »

Nick Danger

• Getbig V
« Reply #83 on: August 10, 2017, 11:51:38 PM »
That sounds like something a seasoned politician would say. Trump isn't a politician

Is TuHolmes a seasoned politician?

When Trump isn't scripted he sounds like he's lost his faculties.

Rudee

• Getbig V
« Reply #84 on: August 11, 2017, 12:15:08 AM »
The DPRK has a long track record, going all the way back to the end of the Korean War, of making threats and not backing them up. 

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #85 on: August 11, 2017, 01:19:26 AM »
You heard liberals say the same thing and now you're repeating it. Ok, what should he have said? "Lets talk it out?"

I've heard quite a few debates between liberals and conservatives these last couple of days. While there is plenty of disagreement about Trump's comments regarding North Korea, there also some surprising ones from both sides of the fence. -Comments about Trump's "shooting from the hip" as opposed to making more informed ones. There are folks/advisors who have decades of experience dealing with Kim Jong-un and before that Kim Jong-il.

Another remark I found interesting is that nothing has worked so far and several administrations/Presidents have tried without success. Obama actually made stronger threats to North Korea than Trump has. Bill Clinton and Bush were not successful in their dealings with North Korea either. Looks like it has been one long cluster-fuk.

Trump's lack of commonsense comes into play because he frequently makes bellicose remarks when tweeting, when doing a press release and when campaigning. His base seems to enjoy his Rhetoric, but congress and his administration do not. What Trump seems not to get is that he needs Congress if he is to get any of his campaign promises  accomplished.

You and I and just about everyone else can and will weigh in on this. Truth is, I'm no diplomat nor do I have the knowledge or experience to begin to know what he should have said, do you? It would be great to talk this out with you, but we will not likely come to consensus anytime soon using this forum. It is far too easy to misinterpret each other without some accompanying body language. Words alone, just don't cut it.

Top Poodle

• Getbig IV
  • No trannies allowed.
« Reply #86 on: August 11, 2017, 01:20:48 AM »
Their are  folks/advisors who have decades of experience dealing with Kim Jong-un and before that Kim Jong-il.

*there

also, how are those decades worth of experience working out for them?

::)

weak-minded cuck

lilhawk1

• Getbig IV
« Reply #87 on: August 11, 2017, 05:51:25 AM »
Trump has more common sense than any democrat elected in the past twenty years

Jesus Christ you're fuckin stupid.  Words can't even describe how unbelievably stupid your comment is.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #88 on: August 11, 2017, 12:47:12 PM »
*there

also, how are those decades worth of experience working out for them?

::)

weak-minded cuck

I already covered this. Read the next paragraph.

I used to comment on people's grammar and word misuse before I got over myself. -Guess you aren't there yet.

FREAKgeek

• Getbig V
  • Fan of the Golden Era
« Reply #89 on: August 11, 2017, 01:29:19 PM »

The past 30 years have been "diplomatic"

TuHolmes

• Getbig V
« Reply #90 on: August 11, 2017, 08:14:14 PM »
The past 30 years have been "diplomatic"

Somehow they kept us from the brink of oblivion until very recently... I wonder what has changed.

Walter Sobchak

• Getbig V
  • HANKINS IS A FUCKING LIAR & QUITTER
« Reply #91 on: August 11, 2017, 08:20:05 PM »
Somehow they kept us from the brink of oblivion until very recently... I wonder what has changed.

Let's be realistic here. The U.S. is not on the brink of oblivion, NK and KJU are.

Un thought he would test Trump to see if he was a pussy like obama and he got his question answered.

If pussyhat obama would have said the same thing you'd be licking the cream out of Chris Mathews' panties.

Top Poodle

• Getbig IV
  • No trannies allowed.
« Reply #92 on: August 11, 2017, 10:00:50 PM »
I already covered this. Read the next paragraph.

I used to comment on people's grammar and word misuse before I got over myself. -Guess you aren't there yet.

You sound like a major pussy.

Oh, that's right, I'm sorry -- you're gay.

Makes total sense :D

TuHolmes

• Getbig V
« Reply #93 on: August 11, 2017, 10:12:28 PM »
Let's be realistic here. The U.S. is not on the brink of oblivion, NK and KJU are.

Un thought he would test Trump to see if he was a pussy like obama and he got his question answered.

If pussyhat obama would have said the same thing you'd be licking the cream out of Chris Mathews' panties.

Actually that entire area is. If you favor in nukes. It could be 1/2 of the planet.

If pussycat Obama had done it he would not be a pussy and I would have said the was a fool just like I said he was a fool for starting shit in Libya.

PS. Chris Matthews is a buffoon.