Author Topic: Why bother becoming a Pro?  (Read 13218 times)

gib

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: Why bother becoming a Pro?
« Reply #25 on: July 07, 2010, 08:58:11 PM »
i still think its a minority...

arnold never gayed it up, and neither does of lot of the greats...Ruhl, Wolfe, Shawn Ray, on and on...

Got to correct you there on Shawn Ray. Its well known that he went through a gay phase where he was having sex with a transvestite/lady-boy.  (Also, take a look at some of his "training videos" and you will see he was definately gay-ish (in terms of clothing, the way he spoke, etc).

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #26 on: July 07, 2010, 09:03:44 PM »
i still think its a minority...

arnold never gayed it up, and neither does of lot of the greats...Ruhl, Wolfe, Shawn Ray, on and on...
Mentioning Wolf as a great is a misnomer, he is a never was. And Ruhl is a also ran, he is this era's freak, a la Paul Dillett.  
Got to correct you there on Shawn Ray. Its well known that he went through a gay phase where he was having sex with a transvestite/lady-boy.  (Also, take a look at some of his "training videos" and you will see he was definately gay-ish (in terms of clothing, the way he spoke, etc).
dude, WTF all of Shawn's training vids he wore comtemporary clothes and suits, like his "Lifestyles" vid, and he has always been a ladies man. And he spoke well. And if you are talking about Sasha, well most people didn't know Sasha Ogata was a dude, even MuscleMag when they had her/him in pictorials. Shawn had hit on him/her, and that was it...

Bet you would too, if you didn't know...

G_Thang

• Getbig V
  • The World South of the USA isnt for pussies!
« Reply #27 on: July 07, 2010, 09:23:02 PM »
these jacks with the g@y stuff must be the same guys that PM Bay for dates and best stores to buy grape jelly and salad dressing.  Shawn g@y?  Hahaha.   

because he hit up sasha.

if the cock n balls were gone and no one told me...it'd probably go back for seconds with patricia.  :-X

gib

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #28 on: July 07, 2010, 11:14:51 PM »
A dude is a dude, whether you cut his cock off or not, whether he has fake tits or not, or wears makeup, a fake bra, or whatever. If you are doing a guy, that's gay.

I will see if I can dig up that Shawn Ray vid - you will see what I mean when you view it. It's increadibly gay. Will post it up shortly on this thread.

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: July 08, 2010, 02:35:24 AM »
A dude is a dude, whether you cut his cock off or not, whether he has fake tits or not, or wears makeup, a fake bra, or whatever. If you are doing a guy, that's gay.

I will see if I can dig up that Shawn Ray vid - you will see what I mean when you view it. It's increadibly gay. Will post it up shortly on this thread.
Waiting...

Omega

• Getbig III
« Reply #30 on: July 08, 2010, 06:26:35 AM »
Waiting...

Indeed.....(its not the one where he is putting mascara on is it?)

#1 Klaus fan

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: July 08, 2010, 07:37:34 AM »
Now is there really no money at all in bodybuilding, and so the bodybuilders turn to G4P due to the necessity, or is it some big conspiracy to lure big muscle men into the laps of gay schmoes?

_bruce_

• Getbig V
  • Sam Sesambröt Sulek
« Reply #32 on: July 08, 2010, 08:36:17 AM »
Unlimited access to old men.

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #33 on: July 08, 2010, 09:05:16 AM »
absolutely no money in it (other than the top few).

think about the NY Pro.   If you finished in 6th place, which is somewhat respectable, you got ZERO prize money.   The supplements alone for that show probably cost 5-10 grand.  Finishing 6th or 7th, you probably do not have a good sponsor, so no money there either.  even 4th place (toney freeman?) only got 3 grand (or close to 2 grand after taxes).

I know a lot will say G4P, but seriously, why would you compete and be a pro?  I would imagine the vast majority who do, actually LOSE money doing so.

You really think any bodybuilder is really in it for the money? Come on now.

It's the addiction to bodybuilding, it's the feeling of looking swole, it's the narcissism, the ego.

Most competitive bodybuilder would, and do, PAY to be judged the most jacked person on stage.

I'm not judging these bodybuilders. I myself would pay a shitload of cash to get a body that was pro stage worthy. :D I huge number of guys on this site, and this thread, would do the same, even if they ridicule the pros pathetic earnings.  ;)

Even someone like Jay Cutler is in it still for reasons other than money IMO. He's risking his health still when he could walk away and earn money through other means.

tallandfat

• Getbig II
« Reply #34 on: July 08, 2010, 10:06:07 AM »
fame money endorsement deals chix, chix , chix

ego

to beat other losers

stop spending 10,000 on "supplements"

fun of strutting around in tiny bikini

the list goes on

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #35 on: July 08, 2010, 08:02:00 PM »

It's the addiction to bodybuilding, it's the feeling of looking swole, it's the narcissism, the ego.

Most competitive bodybuilder would, and do, PAY to be judged the most jacked person on stage.

I'm not judging these bodybuilders. I myself would pay a shitload of cash to get a body that was pro stage worthy. :D I huge number of guys on this site, and this thread, would do the same, even if they ridicule the pros pathetic earnings.  ;)

Even someone like Jay Cutler is in it still for reasons other than money IMO. He's risking his health still when he could walk away and earn money through other means.
good post,,,

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: July 08, 2010, 11:38:05 PM »
this is true..........the first time a gay dude approached me at a NPC show i quit BB forever...

bench

Couldn't you have just said no?

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: July 08, 2010, 11:43:26 PM »
Indeed.....(its not the one where he is putting mascara on is it?)
Still waiting...and that pic was someone's avatar...

falco

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: October 24, 2017, 03:55:25 AM »
these jacks with the g@y stuff must be the same guys that PM Bay for dates and best stores to buy grape jelly and salad dressing.  Shawn g@y?  Hahaha.   

because he hit up sasha.

if the cock n balls were gone and no one told me...it'd probably go back for seconds with patricia.  :-X

Spike

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Kill your ego
« Reply #39 on: October 24, 2017, 04:48:24 AM »
Don't ruin the fun!  ;D

On a serious side note, i think there are far more homosexuals and closet homos in Soccer than in BB.

It’s not so much who’s ‘in’ the sport

It’s who’s the majority of the fan base - you see a bunch a hot women lining up for Olympia front row tickets ? They’ll pay top dollar AND dress up to see Ronaldo or whatever - soccer I mean

It’s he fan base you experience once you get upper level - I got into it to hopefully bang hot women , it worked out so I took it to the next level , not pro , basically where PJ went to Jr USAs - he photography then , the backstage questions , the ones who ‘already won’ , hotel room ‘meet ups’ and ‘shoots’ between the night show - I was like 23 or something - I didn’t expect it to be like that , maybe it has changed and I know what to expect now - but I went to the next level thinking it be full of beautiful girls and cool ass people , mf’ers wanting to sign contracts and take pic (this was 06 so MySpace was like the only thing )

Never1AShow

• Getbig V
  • World Record Holder in French Toast Diving
« Reply #40 on: October 24, 2017, 06:21:45 AM »
This Shawn Ray stuff is really silly.  He was a notorious cockhound, always hitting on women.

Pet shop boys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #41 on: October 24, 2017, 07:15:40 AM »

think about the NY Pro.   If you finished in 6th place, which is somewhat respectable, you got ZERO prize money.   The supplements alone for that show probably cost 5-10 grand.  Finishing 6th or 7th, you probably do not have a good sponsor, so no money there either.  even 4th place (toney freeman?) only got 3 grand (or close to 2 grand after taxes).

I know a lot will say G4P, but seriously, why would you compete and be a pro?  I would imagine the vast majority who do, actually LOSE money doing so.

Good point

Dave Palumbo is a household name in Bodybuilding and never turned pro

WooSHHHHHHHHH

FREAKgeek

• Getbig V
  • Fan of the Golden Era
« Reply #42 on: October 24, 2017, 11:38:17 AM »

think about the NY Pro.   If you finished in 6th place, which is somewhat respectable, you got ZERO prize money.   The supplements alone for that show probably cost 5-10 grand.  Finishing 6th or 7th, you probably do not have a good sponsor, so no money there either.  even 4th place (toney freeman?) only got 3 grand (or close to 2 grand after taxes).

I know a lot will say G4P, but seriously, why would you compete and be a pro?  I would imagine the vast majority who do, actually LOSE money doing so.

You are statistically bamboozled.

The internet is showing you a small % of people who had the passion and just happened to respond exceptionally to it.

Dorian Yates said he wouldn't have persued it if he didn't respond. He noticed he was gaining and improving well above his peers which drove him to continue.

gh15

• Getbig V
  • angels
« Reply #43 on: October 24, 2017, 01:02:40 PM »

beause if you are top tier pro and really any level ifbb pro you can make decent money doing what you love,,

i made good amount of money along my career and anyone who know dexjax can tell you just how much money he been making along his career,, Jason is pretty much a millioner that invester his money very well,, dexjax jhas more money than he will ever need,, even lower level pros make good money from contracts you don't have to be top tier if you got the looks,,

sagi kalev made fortune not as an ifbb pro but as a the most successful fitness model in America at once time,,

there are many more examples

every one who trains seriously want to be an ifbb pro.. not everyone can get there due to inferior respond to hormones and bunk hormones sadly,,

gh15 approved
lion of Judah
fallen angel

Simple Simon

« Reply #44 on: October 24, 2017, 01:12:27 PM »
beause if you are top tier pro and really any level ifbb pro you can make decent money doing what you love,,

i made good amount of money along my career and anyone who know dexjax can tell you just how much money he been making along his career,, Jason is pretty much a millioner that invester his money very well,, dexjax jhas more money than he will ever need,, even lower level pros make good money from contracts you don't have to be top tier if you got the looks,,

sagi kalev made fortune not as an ifbb pro but as a the most successful fitness model in America at once time,,

there are many more examples

every one who trains seriously want to be an ifbb pro.. not everyone can get there due to inferior respond to hormones and bunk hormones sadly,,

gh15 approved
lion of Judah

there are guys turning pro these days who wouldn't have placed top ten in the 90s Nationals

You would think standards would be improving with people like you guiding us all.

Maybe the standards are dropping because people are listening to morons like you...

gh15

• Getbig V
  • angels
« Reply #45 on: October 24, 2017, 02:00:38 PM »
there are guys turning pro these days who wouldn't have placed top ten in the 90s Nationals

You would think standards would be improving with people like you guiding us all.

Maybe the standards are dropping because people are listening to morons like you...

ofcourse,,

i wouldn't give pro cards to half the competitors today they woudnt make it into placing in the 90s not a chance,, and as someone from the 90s bodybuild scene i can tell you i much prefer the 80s and 70s which even then most of the competitors today wouldnt fare well lol i said the word fare well now first time ever i swear lol,,

in any case yes today due to me partially the level is lower than past times but i had to adjust back in 2005 when agreeing to do gh15,, i had to because with out this adjustment it woudnt be fair to my pupils.. they needed to know the truth

gh15 approved
lion of Judah
fallen angel

tres_taco_combo

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #46 on: October 24, 2017, 02:07:40 PM »
goal is pro in mens classic. i am confident i will obtain in my class (mens tall classic NPC)

why?

-i never turned pro as a golfer when i was younger (want to become a pro in a sport)
-its a form of seeing something through
-I love competition
-i have solid genetics and ive spent a lot of time in the gym (see it all the way through)

plus for me, i dont really need to kill myself or go to the extreme ends with my class. i am close to the max weight already i can be...

_bruce_

• Getbig V
  • Sam Sesambröt Sulek
« Reply #47 on: October 24, 2017, 02:47:06 PM »

Bullshit,

it's the old dudes and their towels that have lured you into the abyss of anguscience.   :D