Author Topic: Do You Have Working Muscles Or Vanity Muscles?  (Read 3526 times)

Griffith

• Getbig V
Re: Do You Have Working Muscles Or Vanity Muscles?
« Reply #25 on: August 20, 2017, 09:56:51 AM »
I want to look and be fit and healthy.

Mainly I want to be healthy and pain free, so I try and stay relatively lean, not worried about size anymore.

In my 20's till about 30 I was just trying to be as big and strong as possible and even went on a perma-bulk phase.

Walter Sobchak

• Getbig V
  • HANKINS IS A FUCKING LIAR & QUITTER
« Reply #26 on: August 20, 2017, 10:09:56 AM »
Big difference between both.
Working muscles are muscles that are rugged and brought fourth by hard work either in your job or around the house landscaping.
Vanity muscles (Be There, Wes) are muscles that are made for the Speedo/Thong. They're basically useless. People that have Vanity muscles can't pick up a toilet to change a wax seal, hold drywall up to finish a wall.
Vanity muscles are made to be oiled up and have the sun kiss them.
Working muscles are made for sweating and pulsing when in action.
Vanity muscles look good when seersucker is draped upon them.
Working muscles appear rugged when jeans and Carhart jackets lay on them.
Vanity muscles seem to have their own voice (Andy Dick, James Corden, Perez Hilton)
Working muscles seem to have a different voice (Clint Eastwood, Charles Bronson, Steve McQueen)
Vanity muscles get pulls and aches quicker
Working muscles ignore all futile attempts of weakness.
Vanity muscles love selfies
Working muscles would rather smash the camera
STAY POSITIVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Fuck off you human colostomy bag

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #27 on: August 20, 2017, 10:35:04 AM »
I`m one strong and vain motherfrucker!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111111111111111111111111 11

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #28 on: August 20, 2017, 01:53:10 PM »
The owner of my gym is very involved with the fighting arts.  He used to be a really good powerlifter. He has a separate dojo across from his gym but he does keep a heavy bag in the weight gym. I am always amazed watching big bench press guys hit the bag like a girl. Punching so soft they couldn't hurt a pillow.

While strength and power are related they are two separate entities. If you want to increase your athleticism make sure you are doing deep squats, cleans, snatches and stuff like the military press beginning with the bar on the floor. That will increase your sprint speed, vertical leap, and striking power.  Working muscles in isolation with a split as in bodybuilding generally doesn't build a better athlete.

Show me a guy that can clean and jerk 315lbs and I will show you a guy that has explosive speed. Show me a guy that benches 400lbs and I will show you a guy that benches 400lbs.  I doubt any Olympia contestant could lift 315lbs off the floor to over head. I remember watching Mentzer failing to jerk 300lbs over head.  Granted innate God given talent rules the day but if you want to improve what you have then bodybuilding in general isn't the way to being a better athlete.

Great post
Y

Kwon

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #29 on: August 20, 2017, 03:17:50 PM »
Show me a guy that can clean and jerk 315lbs and I will show you a guy that has explosive speed. Show me a guy that benches 400lbs and I will show you a guy that benches 400lbs. 

Show the same guy twice or?
Q

Ropo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #30 on: August 20, 2017, 10:57:49 PM »
Give me an example of someone who has both.

STAY POSITIVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

All those who doesn't do partial reps in every fucking exercise all the time..

Point is that you muscles doesn't know are you using them for lifting weights or working. They react to the continuity by adopting the stress.  If stress does not change, muscle does not change, and therefore you have to change your training routines at time to time. Because your muscles can adopt just about any kind of stress, it is quite hard to build muscles at any kind of work where you do same things all the time, no matter what you do.

IRON CROSS

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: August 21, 2017, 02:48:36 AM »
All those who doesn't do partial reps in every fucking exercise all the time..

Point is that you muscles doesn't know are you using them for lifting weights or working. They react to the continuity by adopting the stress.  If stress does not change, muscle does not change, and therefore you have to change your training routines at time to time. Because your muscles can adopt just about any kind of stress, it is quite hard to build muscles at any kind of work where you do same things all the time, no matter what you do.

Like Reindeer riding in Finland  ;D ;D ;D

(Hi Mantula  ;))

Ropo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #32 on: August 21, 2017, 05:21:08 AM »
Like Reindeer riding in Finland  ;D ;D ;D

(Hi Mantula  ;))

::) ??? :P

Never1AShow

• Getbig V
  • World Record Holder in French Toast Diving
« Reply #33 on: August 21, 2017, 06:12:10 AM »
Give me an example of someone who has both.

STAY POSITIVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jim Quinn, Arnold, Franco, Casey Viator, Ronnie Coleman, Chris Cormier etc etc etc.  Lots of strong guys with great physiques. In my experience most big dudes with good physiques are pretty strong, it is the opposite, thr Paul Dillett, that is the exception.

Never1AShow

• Getbig V
  • World Record Holder in French Toast Diving
« Reply #34 on: August 21, 2017, 06:17:23 AM »
Show me a guy that can clean and jerk 315lbs and I will show you a guy that has explosive speed. Show me a guy that benches 400lbs and I will show you a guy that benches 400lbs.  I doubt any Olympia contestant could lift 315lbs off the floor to over head. I remember watching Mentzer failing to jerk 300lbs over head.  Granted innate God given talent rules the day but if you want to improve what you have then bodybuilding in general isn't the way to being a better athlete.

If Mentzer wanted to clean and jerk 315 lbs he would have trained for it and done it.  Just because you saw him not doing it at some point doesn't mean shit.  Olympic lifting is shit and most people don't do it except on an occasional lark.

illuminati

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • The Strongest Shall Survive.- - Lest we Forget.
« Reply #35 on: August 21, 2017, 01:56:36 PM »
Last time I checked my Muscles Worked

I got me some Working Muscles.  ;)