Author Topic: RIP - Dallas McCarver - 08-22-17  (Read 140160 times)

Rimstinger

Re: RIP - Dallas McCarver - 08-22-17
« Reply #275 on: August 23, 2017, 05:55:35 AM »
He was already struggling here last year. Putting your body on top gear full throttle and you burn out.

johnnynoname

• Getbig V
  • i have a face like a shovel
« Reply #276 on: August 23, 2017, 06:24:42 AM »
a foundation with a gofundme was started?

how much does a glass of water cost?!

NaturalWonder83

• Getbig V
« Reply #277 on: August 23, 2017, 06:43:20 AM »
Yep you're so right

Thank god the board has a crusader like u onboard preserving the sacred memory of deceased bodybuilders
You truly are a god send

I'd like to challenge this idea that most of the board "bashed" dallas

I think that's bullshit.

I think most of the board had a negative opinion on him being a top top pro

I think most of the board considered his blowing up so quickly to be detrimental to his health

I know a few people made comments about ugliness and whatnot, but as far as I can remember, that's it.

So to be clear, very few people were being personal about him and I think most of the board has therefore the right to say whatever empty platitudes they wish.
w

Tha Grim Lifter

• Getbig IV
« Reply #278 on: August 23, 2017, 06:56:21 AM »
I'd like to challenge this idea that most of the board "bashed" dallas

I think that's bullshit.

I think most of the board had a negative opinion on him being a top top pro

I think most of the board considered his blowing up so quickly to be detrimental to his health

I know a few people made comments about ugliness and whatnot, but as far as I can remember, that's it.

So to be clear, very few people were being personal about him and I think most of the board has therefore the right to say whatever empty platitudes they wish.

He was complaining about coming 8th at the Olympia after 5 years of training. We know the body can't take that much but usually it hits guys like Mike Mattazzo years later. Even DA lasted a bit longer. The fact he died maybe 6-7 years after starting juicing and other drugs is a serious sign you can kill yourself quickly. I know the mentality I remember getting high liver counts and doing proper tests where there were irregularities coming back and I was like fuck it i'm not stopping. Until a few years later I was over it, and I wasn't anywhere near them.

Everyone wants it now, and it's not this generation or anything, it's just nowadays the means is there to do that. Arnold wouldn't have done anything different to advance this fast, nor the guys 30 years before him.

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #279 on: August 23, 2017, 07:39:49 AM »
EPO

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
  • also shopped my pic you tried to make it subtle
« Reply #280 on: August 23, 2017, 07:45:14 AM »
Meanwhile Markus Ruhl still going strong as ever

Taffin

• Getbig V
  • Training out my gay penor...
« Reply #281 on: August 23, 2017, 07:57:43 AM »
He actually heeded his body's warning signs and took a break.

Great! Someone obviously got through to him and by doing so extended his life by about 30 years!

No no no.... that's not what happened at all - I apologise, but can't let that stand..

What actually happened was an infection followed by a torn colon - extract from Compton's IG: https://www.instagram.com/p/BWYFP-wDE1l/

"So let's clear some air. Back in the winter, I dealt with multiple medical issues that put my career on hold. Yes I had an infection in Jan, that was the start. I found out months later I had an internal tear in my colon which was causing me a string of problems. Once this was discovered, I immediately got it fixed. I had some adverse reactions to medications causing more issues I had to resolve. During this time I felt lethargic all day every day, and for the first time in my life, i had 5 months off the gym, and I also strayed completely away from a bodybuilding diet as I wasn't training I wanted a bit of a mental break on that side of things and eat as I please."

What causes a torn colon, I hear you asking?

"A variety of causes can lead to the rupture of the colon, the most frequent being trauma. The colon perforates either due to penetration of foreign objects from the outside, or after accidental or intentional swallowing of certain objects (usually the sharp ones)."

http://ic.steadyhealth.com/surgery-for-ruptured-colon

Covered in hilarious detail here http://www.getbig.com/boards/index.php?topic=625612.75
T

ratherbebig

• Getbig V
  • if you got more than 10k you're gay
« Reply #282 on: August 23, 2017, 07:57:53 AM »
still around!

XFACTOR

• Getbig V
« Reply #283 on: August 23, 2017, 08:05:11 AM »
Damn the Compton guy looks ten years younger after coming off.  Good for him!

Rascal full

• Getbig IV
« Reply #284 on: August 23, 2017, 09:08:34 AM »
No no no.... that's not what happened at all - I apologise, but can't let that stand..

What actually happened was an infection followed by a torn colon - extract from Compton's IG: https://www.instagram.com/p/BWYFP-wDE1l/

"So let's clear some air. Back in the winter, I dealt with multiple medical issues that put my career on hold. Yes I had an infection in Jan, that was the start. I found out months later I had an internal tear in my colon which was causing me a string of problems. Once this was discovered, I immediately got it fixed. I had some adverse reactions to medications causing more issues I had to resolve. During this time I felt lethargic all day every day, and for the first time in my life, i had 5 months off the gym, and I also strayed completely away from a bodybuilding diet as I wasn't training I wanted a bit of a mental break on that side of things and eat as I please."

What causes a torn colon, I hear you asking?

"A variety of causes can lead to the rupture of the colon, the most frequent being trauma. The colon perforates either due to penetration of foreign objects from the outside, or after accidental or intentional swallowing of certain objects (usually the sharp ones)."

http://ic.steadyhealth.com/surgery-for-ruptured-colon

Covered in hilarious detail here http://www.getbig.com/boards/index.php?topic=625612.75

I wonder if he will come back juiced to the gills like a stuffed turkey or if this whole Dallas thing will give him food for thought? I know it's only one photo but he looks so much fresher for the break...

Ropo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #285 on: August 23, 2017, 09:13:52 AM »
By that logic we don't have any evidence he was using steroids either

And by that logic  moon is made from cheese, earth is flat and so on. You just can't beat the logic of the moron who knows it all, and that's why some people has tendency to trust only to concrete evidence instead of rumours. So what you have; an autopsy report from coroner ? ;D

6 Reps

• Getbig IV
« Reply #286 on: August 23, 2017, 09:32:25 AM »
Welcome back

Ditto.  Definitely welcome back Bay.  I have missed you very much.

I miss GH15 too.  I wish he were here to comment on this tragedy, I'd like to know what he would have said.  But I guess he's in bodybuilding heaven as well.

A comment from me to all of us Getbigger's, and everyone:  we may never know the exact cause of death.  The coroner will of course inform the family but unless the family makes the results known, or tells someone who tells someone and so forth, we'll never know the precise cause of his death.

6 Reps

• Getbig IV
« Reply #287 on: August 23, 2017, 09:35:20 AM »
Some nice tributes:

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #288 on: August 23, 2017, 10:13:32 AM »
Josh mentions insulin in 911 call

http://m.tmz.com/#!article/2017/08/23/dallas-mccarver-911-insulin-choking/

He wouln't die like that from insulin though, I don't think. Collapse yes but not quick death.

Mclovin

• Getbig III
« Reply #289 on: August 23, 2017, 10:31:47 AM »
Is bodybuilding the most dangerous sport (let's just assume it is a sport for a second)? I would have to say it is either boxing or bodybuilding. I don't think nearly as many people die young in boxing, but on the other hand, if you survive your bodybuilding career, at least you don't have to worry about CTE in your later years.

WalterWhite

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #290 on: August 23, 2017, 10:32:02 AM »
"The friend says McCarver had been taking Insulin -- and suggested he may have collapsed because of a medical condition related to the medicine, which usually treats diabetes.

McCarver had collapsed onstage at a bodybuilding event back in March. It seems the friend believes McCarver may have experienced a similar situation while eating, which led to the fatal choking episode. "

911 Audio:

http://www.tmz.com/2017/08/23/dallas-mccarver-911-insulin-choking/

That had to be horrible for Josh. :-\

WannaBePro

• Getbig IV
« Reply #291 on: August 23, 2017, 10:33:38 AM »
Is bodybuilding the most dangerous sport (let's just assume it is a sport for a second)? I would have to say it is either boxing or bodybuilding. I don't think nearly as many people die young in boxing, but on the other hand, if you survive your bodybuilding career, at least you don't have to worry about CTE in your later years.

I remember reading somewhere that cycling had the most deaths out of all sports.

residue

• Getbig V
  • Adonis 3:16
« Reply #292 on: August 23, 2017, 10:35:30 AM »
a foundation with a gofundme was started?

how much does a glass of water cost?!

Michael Scott's Dunder Mifflin Scranton Dallas McCarver Memorial Celebrity Heimlich Awareness Pro-Am Fun Run Race for the Cure

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #293 on: August 23, 2017, 10:40:39 AM »

OTOH bodybuilders can compete at a high level at a higher age than other sports. And some continue competing well past their peak. And using drugs.

Mclovin

• Getbig III
« Reply #294 on: August 23, 2017, 10:42:26 AM »
I remember reading somewhere that cycling had the most deaths out of all sports.

Yeah but think how many more people cycle than compete in bodybuilding. Cycling might have the most deaths, but you have to consider the population size too.

BB

• Getbig V
  • I hope I'm not boring you.
« Reply #295 on: August 23, 2017, 10:57:45 AM »
Yeah but think how many more people cycle than compete in bodybuilding. Cycling might have the most deaths, but you have to consider the population size too.

With professional cycling, the majority of fatal or very debilitating injuries are attributed to road accidents (whether with civilian motorist or fellow competitors/pace keepers). The rate among cyclists is still pretty low, especially in modern times. I remember seeing the numbers and it was only a few dozen, I'm sure the professional strength sports would beat it.

BB

• Getbig V
  • I hope I'm not boring you.
« Reply #296 on: August 23, 2017, 11:12:39 AM »
I just thought about it, and Dr. Dan Gwartney was collecting data for a study on professional bodybuilding mortality years ago, and what do you know, it came out -

http://www.jurology.com/article/S0022-5347(16)00624-8/fulltext < ------ Full article.

Granted, it's one small study, but it might be of interest to some.

MAXX

• Getbig V
  • MAGA
« Reply #297 on: August 23, 2017, 11:20:37 AM »
Josh mentions insulin in 911 call

http://m.tmz.com/#!article/2017/08/23/dallas-mccarver-911-insulin-choking/

He wouln't die like that from insulin though, I don't think. Collapse yes but not quick death.
if he goes unconscious from the insulin he could very well have choked on the food he had in his mouth. Goes hyperglycemic -> panics and starts to stuff his mouth with food but too late and passes out with food in his mouth -> chokes on the food while unconscious..

jwb

• Getbig V
« Reply #298 on: August 23, 2017, 11:59:07 AM »
if he goes unconscious from the insulin he could very well have choked on the food he had in his mouth. Goes hyperglycemic -> panics and starts to stuff his mouth with food but too late and passes out with food in his mouth -> chokes on the food while unconscious..

Wouldnt these morons have a six pack of normal Coca Cola on hand in case of hypos?  I remember Chris Cormier saved a bodybuilder in Australia in 2001 at the first Aussie pro show who started to drop. He got some Coca Cola into him asap.

Tennisballz

• Getbig IV
  • You CANNOT be serious!
« Reply #299 on: August 23, 2017, 12:17:50 PM »
If he went hypoglycemic after injecting insulin then he very well could have gone unconscious right there with a mouthful of food.  Once your blood sugar drops to a dangerously low level you could have very little time before you go unconscious and possibly die.  That's the danger when messing with insulin.  It actually makes perfect sense if that's what happened.  Once unconscious of course you can no longer eat or drink anything and would need an IV asap to get some sugar back in the blood.