Author Topic: WHITE HOUSE: TRUMP WILL DONATE $1 MILLION TO HARVEY RELIEF  (Read 4951 times)

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
Re: WHITE HOUSE: TRUMP WILL DONATE $1 MILLION TO HARVEY RELIEF
« Reply #25 on: September 02, 2017, 12:14:22 PM »
Cajun Navy stepped up big time. Where was Antifa?

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
« Reply #26 on: September 02, 2017, 12:15:29 PM »
Or even Opra...

https://www.google.com/amp/www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2017/08/29/hurricane-harvey-stars-react-donate-money-in-support-relief-efforts.amp.html

Robert Kraft donated $1mil

JJWatts foundation is over $15mil

Money raised

They’re rich and famous — and showing some Texas-sized compassion for Tropical Storm Harvey victims.

As the Lone Star State deals with the devastating aftermath of the record-busting storm, celebrities and corporate giants alike have opened their hearts and their wallets to donate big bucks to recovery efforts.

That includes NFL star J.J. Watt of the Houston Texans, who started an online fund-raiser Sunday with a goal of $200,000.
see also
But by Friday, he’d raised more than $15.4 million.

“Absolutely incredible,” the defensive end tweeted this week. “The most difficult times bring out the best in humanity.”

Comedian Ellen DeGeneres gave $1 million to Watt’s fund-raiser and rapper Drake donated $200,000, saying, “Houston has always been like a second home to me.”

New York sports teams have stepped up as well, with the Giants donating $1 million among Americares, the American Red Cross and the Houston Food Bank.

The Mets spent the day before their Saturday day-night doubleheader in Houston against the Astros volunteering in the community.

A slew of celebrities have offered hefty donations to aid the victims of the storm, which has left at least 47 dead and damaged more than 156,000 homes.

Actress Sandra Bullock (American Red Cross) and Leonardo DiCaprio (United Way Recovery Fund) each donated $1 million.

Pop star Miley Cyrus donated $500,000 as part of her Happy Hippie Foundation — and got emotional on “The Ellen DeGeneres Show.”

“I’m really happy to help in any way that I can and I hope people understand and can put themselves in those people’s shoes,” said Cyrus, who gave to the American Red Cross, Best Friends and the Greater Houston Community Fund. “Just to know what it feels like to have everything taken away from you.”

Other celebs to pledge major donations include Tyler Perry, who is giving $1 million to various relief funds, and the Kardashian family, who pledged $500,000 between the Red Cross and the Salvation Army.

Jennifer Lopez and Alex Rodriguez announced they’d donate a collective $50,000.

Instead of pledging cash, singer Miranda Lambert spearheaded efforts to rescue more than 100 dogs from Houston-area animal shelters.

Harvey has also brought out the generosity of companies across the country.

Together, corporate giants had donated upwards of $141.3 million to the relief efforts as of Friday morning, according to the US Chamber of Commerce.

Sixty-three companies have pledged $1 million or more, including Bank of America, Verizon, Coca-Cola, Google, IBM, Shell and JPMorgan Chase.
:

Mobil

• Getbig IV
« Reply #27 on: September 02, 2017, 12:28:57 PM »
Money raised

They’re rich and famous — and showing some Texas-sized compassion for Tropical Storm Harvey victims.

As the Lone Star State deals with the devastating aftermath of the record-busting storm, celebrities and corporate giants alike have opened their hearts and their wallets to donate big bucks to recovery efforts.

That includes NFL star J.J. Watt of the Houston Texans, who started an online fund-raiser Sunday with a goal of $200,000.
see also

“Absolutely incredible,” the defensive end tweeted this week. “The most difficult times bring out the best in humanity.”

Comedian Ellen DeGeneres gave $1 million to Watt’s fund-raiser and rapper Drake donated $200,000, saying, “Houston has always been like a second home to me.”

New York sports teams have stepped up as well, with the Giants donating $1 million among Americares, the American Red Cross and the Houston Food Bank.

The Mets spent the day before their Saturday day-night doubleheader in Houston against the Astros volunteering in the community.

A slew of celebrities have offered hefty donations to aid the victims of the storm, which has left at least 47 dead and damaged more than 156,000 homes.

Actress Sandra Bullock (American Red Cross) and Leonardo DiCaprio (United Way Recovery Fund) each donated $1 million.

Pop star Miley Cyrus donated $500,000 as part of her Happy Hippie Foundation — and got emotional on “The Ellen DeGeneres Show.”

“I’m really happy to help in any way that I can and I hope people understand and can put themselves in those people’s shoes,” said Cyrus, who gave to the American Red Cross, Best Friends and the Greater Houston Community Fund. “Just to know what it feels like to have everything taken away from you.”

Other celebs to pledge major donations include Tyler Perry, who is giving $1 million to various relief funds, and the Kardashian family, who pledged $500,000 between the Red Cross and the Salvation Army.

Instead of pledging cash, singer Miranda Lambert spearheaded efforts to rescue more than 100 dogs from Houston-area animal shelters.

Together, corporate giants had donated upwards of $141.3 million to the relief efforts as of Friday morning, according to the US Chamber of Commerce.

Sixty-three companies have pledged $1 million or more, including Bank of America, Verizon, Coca-Cola, Google, IBM, Shell and JPMorgan Chase.

That's awsome...maybe there is still hope for americans
real men= no rubbers

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #28 on: September 02, 2017, 12:31:08 PM »
Money raised

see also

Seems like ARod and JLo could have stepped up more.

ChopperRider

• Getbig V
  • Ugly, bald Shitso scalp for sale = $1
« Reply #29 on: September 02, 2017, 02:02:13 PM »
Seems like ARod and JLo could have stepped up more.

Where's Sean Penn?

That cockmunch would be running around helping people and screaming on TV about the lack of US donations if it was Haiti or Venezuela

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #30 on: September 02, 2017, 02:07:20 PM »
Where's Sean Penn?

That cockmunch would be running around helping people and screaming on TV about the lack of US donations if it was Haiti or Venezuela

Speaking of..where is Kaepernick?

JustPlaneJane

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: September 02, 2017, 02:15:59 PM »
Speaking of..where is Kaepernick?

Where are all the equal rights feminists? Why is it that only men are out rescuing people?

Ever see Michael Jordan give anything to charity.....nope.

Beyoncé? Jay Z? Fat Michael Moore? Madonna?

Disgusting creatures, all of them.

JustPlaneJane

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: September 02, 2017, 02:21:46 PM »
a genuine charity doner doesnt seek publicity

Michael Dell pledged $36M through his charitable foundation. I don't think that can stay under the radar.

Mobil

• Getbig IV
« Reply #33 on: September 02, 2017, 02:30:24 PM »
a genuine charity doner doesnt seek publicity

I agree ... trump just playing his cards right and laughing...called every celebrity/ wealthy person out(by him publicly donating)now everyone is donating.. the man is a magician ...yet still no Obama or Clinton donations
real men= no rubbers

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
« Reply #34 on: September 02, 2017, 02:44:09 PM »
I agree ... trump just playing his cards right and laughing...called every celebrity/ wealthy person out(by him publicly donating)now everyone is donating.. the man is a magician ...yet still no Obama or Clinton donations

Oh they will.  They're probably just figuring out how to spin it and make themselves look like heroes while making Trump look bad at the same time.
:

ChopperRider

• Getbig V
  • Ugly, bald Shitso scalp for sale = $1
« Reply #35 on: September 02, 2017, 05:24:04 PM »
Oh they will.  They're probably just figuring out how to spin it and make themselves look like heroes while making Trump look bad at the same time.

You mean take $10M in donations into their "foundation" and then donate $500,000 of it back?

They have nothing on Aaron Singerman.

Moontrane

• Getbig V
  • a Harris administration, together with Joe Biden
« Reply #36 on: September 02, 2017, 05:31:53 PM »
How much did Kathy Griffin, Chelsea Handler, and fat Michael Moore give?

I don't know.  Seems like a non-sequitur.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: September 02, 2017, 05:46:38 PM »
http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/U/US_HARVEY_TRUMP?SITE=AP&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT&CTIME=2017-08-31-15-53-09

President Trump is pledging $1 million of personal money to Harvey victims: WH
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/08/31/president-trump-is-pledging-1-million-personal-money-to-harvey-victims-wh.html

Given Trump's supposed record of lying about his charitable donations in the past, I'll believe this when there's proof that he actually followed through on the pledge.

When you think about it, according to Trump, he's worth billions, which means a $1 mil. pledge is really pretty chintzy. Proportionately, I am likely donating more of my worth than he is when I click the donate $ to the victims of Harvey at the Safeway Market checkout. 

Mobil

• Getbig IV
« Reply #38 on: September 02, 2017, 05:51:26 PM »
Given Trump's supposed record of lying about his charitable donations in the past, I'll believe this when there's proof that he actually followed through on the pledge.

When you think about it, according to Trump, he's worth billions, which means a $1 mil. pledge is really pretty chintzy. Proportionately, I am likely donating more of my worth than he is when I click the donate $ to the victims of Harvey at the Safeway Market checkout.  

Why donate 20million dollars? Make it reasonable and donate 1million so other celebrities match it or challenge his number and put up more...fact is he has already proved his points and everyone is following..which other president donated any amount?  Why haven't your savior donated? (Clinton)She will next week due to pr..and it will be like 10million of foundation dollars
real men= no rubbers

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #39 on: September 02, 2017, 06:20:18 PM »

How much did you give?

Al Doggity

• Getbig V
  • Old School Gemini
« Reply #40 on: September 03, 2017, 02:20:16 PM »
http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/U/US_HARVEY_TRUMP?SITE=AP&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT&CTIME=2017-08-31-15-53-09

President Trump is pledging $1 million of personal money to Harvey victims: WH
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/08/31/president-trump-is-pledging-1-million-personal-money-to-harvey-victims-wh.html

Initially, Huckabee was saying it was his personal money, but now she's saying she's not sure if it will come from trump foundation or his foundation. Which means it's most likely coming from the trump foundation. In the unlikely event that it even comes at all.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #41 on: September 03, 2017, 07:04:28 PM »
All the welfare ghetto rats should be forced to clean up the mess - same w illegals or they get deported

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: September 04, 2017, 03:16:19 PM »
Why donate 20million dollars? Make it reasonable and donate 1million so other celebrities match it or challenge his number and put up more...fact is he has already proved his points and everyone is following..which other president donated any amount?  Why haven't your savior donated? (Clinton)She will next week due to pr..and it will be like 10million of foundation dollars

Not sure why HRC would need to improve her PR. I'm unaware that's she's campaigning for office like Trump currently is.

SOMEPARTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: September 05, 2017, 10:10:57 AM »
Not sure why HRC would need to improve her PR. I'm unaware that's she's campaigning for office like Trump currently is.

A HAHAHA.

She "wrote" two books this year just to try and stay relevant. The DNC is praying she doesn't make it to next election. Proven second choice to anybody else within the party - even when the fix is in. What a loser.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #44 on: September 06, 2017, 03:38:23 PM »
Trumps Donate $1M to 12 Harvey Relief Charities
(AP)
Wednesday, 06 Sep 2017

President Donald Trump and first lady Melania Trump are donating $1 million to 12 charities involved in Harvey relief efforts.

The White House says the American Red Cross, Salvation Army, Samaritan's Purse and Reachout America will share $800,000 of the donation.

The Trumps are giving $25,000 each to the American Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals, Catholic Charities, Direct Relief, Habitat for Humanity, Houston Humane Society, Operation Blessing, Portlight Inclusive Disaster Strategies and Team Rubicon.

White House spokeswoman Lindsay Walters says the Trumps saw the work that some of these groups are doing during their trips to the region.

The White House first said last week that Trump wanted to make a donation and asked journalists for suggestions on where the president should direct his contributions.

https://www.newsmax.com/Newsfront/US-Trump-Donation/2017/09/06/id/812045/

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #45 on: September 06, 2017, 04:56:48 PM »
(AP)
Wednesday, 06 Sep 2017

President Donald Trump and first lady Melania Trump are donating $1 million to 12 charities involved in Harvey relief efforts.

The White House says the American Red Cross, Salvation Army, Samaritan's Purse and Reachout America will share $800,000 of the donation.

The Trumps are giving $25,000 each to the American Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals, Catholic Charities, Direct Relief, Habitat for Humanity, Houston Humane Society, Operation Blessing, Portlight Inclusive Disaster Strategies and Team Rubicon.

White House spokeswoman Lindsay Walters says the Trumps saw the work that some of these groups are doing during their trips to the region.

The White House first said last week that Trump wanted to make a donation and asked journalists for suggestions on where the president should direct his contributions.

That's nice.

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #46 on: September 07, 2017, 04:24:21 AM »
(AP)
Wednesday, 06 Sep 2017

More on that:

"WASHINGTON (AP) — President Donald Trump and first lady Melania Trump are donating a total of $1 million to a dozen organizations involved in Harvey relief work, including the American Red Cross, the Salvation Army and Habitat for Humanity, the White House announced Wednesday.

The American Red Cross and Salvation Army will each receive $300,000; Samaritan's Purse and Reachout America will collect $100,000 each.

The Trumps are giving $25,000 each to eight other organizations: the American Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals, Catholic Charities, Direct Relief, Habitat for Humanity, Houston Humane Society, Operation Blessing, Portlight Inclusive Disaster Strategies and Team Rubicon.

The White House said the donations are coming from the president's personal funds."

https://www.yahoo.com/news/trumps-donate-1m-12-harvey-relief-charities-200542826--politics.html