Getbig Bodybuilding, Figure and Fitness Forums
December 16, 2017, 03:16:42 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 49   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoins - about to hit $5,000 per coin today!  (Read 37907 times)
Notomorrow
Getbig II

« Reply #25 on: September 01, 2017, 04:32:29 PM »

As with all investments...

People with real money start buying frantically

They drive the price up...then recommend poor people invest to get rich like them

They monitor the price until they've made enough money then start dumping it...leaving the poor to take the losses

You didn't learn from losing all that money on the sure fire get rich dot coms a few years back?
Report to moderator   Logged
El Diablo Blanco
Getbig V

Nom Nom Nom Nom

« Reply #26 on: September 01, 2017, 05:19:02 PM »

The fact bitcoin is in the news now means you missed your chance.  Like any stock, you never heard about it during the run up, then when it reaches a high the news covers it, all of the sheep jump in while the wolves sell and it crashes and the cycle continues.
Grape Ape
Getbig V

Y Ninja

« Reply #27 on: September 01, 2017, 05:38:41 PM »

Mr. Anabolic.

I fully enjoy all of your financial posts.   Generally spot on, in my opinion.   Actually looking at fucking around with some silver.

But back to topic:  I think, eventually, a universal cybercurrency is inevitable.

Do you agree, and is this it?

Y
jude2
Competitors II
Getbig V

Getbig!

« Reply #28 on: September 01, 2017, 06:05:59 PM »

It dropped 20% today.
jude2
Competitors II
Getbig V

Getbig!

« Reply #29 on: September 01, 2017, 06:18:15 PM »

That is not the coin just the trust.  BUt that bitcoin trust is up over 600% this yr which is more than the actual coin.
gmflex
Getbig V

You rebel scum.....

« Reply #30 on: September 01, 2017, 07:17:39 PM »

What is the safest and easiest way to buy bitcoins?
Rearden Metal
Competitors II
Getbig V

Team Honey Badger cuz he don't Care.

« Reply #31 on: September 01, 2017, 07:22:46 PM »

Lol at bitcoin going to millions.  The total value of all bitcoins right now is $75 billion.  Anyone who thinks it will be worth more than the entire worlds currencies is nuts.

Also the gov has fuck all to do with this.  The gov has nothing to do with money.  Learn about the Federal Reserve then you'll realize how fucking evil money is.

You have no concept of what blockchain is. This is not a stock market.
jr
Getbig IV

No homo of peace

« Reply #32 on: September 01, 2017, 07:30:11 PM »

Lol at bitcoin going to millions.  The total value of all bitcoins right now is $75 billion.  Anyone who thinks it will be worth more than the entire worlds currencies is nuts.

Also the gov has fuck all to do with this.  The gov has nothing to do with money.  Learn about the Federal Reserve then you'll realize how fucking evil money is.

The value of all the worlds currencies would be in the tens of trillions. Bitcoin is 75 billion which is smaller than many companies.

According to this website http://www.marketwatch.com/story/this-is-how-much-money-exists-in-the-entire-world-in-one-chart-2015-12-18 the value of all the currency in the world is 80 trillion. If bitcoin had a market cap of 80 trillion a bitcoin would be worth 5 million.

The average trading volume in the forex market is 5 trillion dollars per day. Bitcoin peaked at just 300 million according to https://blockchain.info/charts/trade-volume?daysAverageString=7&timespan=1year.

The currency markets absolutely dwarfs the bitcoin market in trading volume and market cap.

Golds market cap is 8 trillion dollars, this is 100 times larger than bitcoin. Gold makes up just 0.5% of global assets, so bitcoin makes up 0.005% of global assets, how can this be a bubble, hardly anyone owns bitcoin in the world (yet).

It is entirely possible that bitcoin gets to at least 1 trillion dollars market cap  in the future (Apple computer company alone is nearly 1 trillion dollars already) which would put the price of a bitcoin at $60,000. It could overshoot to well over $100,000 during the mania bubble phase.

jude2
Competitors II
Getbig V

Getbig!

« Reply #33 on: September 01, 2017, 07:40:28 PM »

You can buy the bitcoins trust on the stock market. It is up 600% this year and pulled back 20% today.
muscleman-2017
Getbig IV

« Reply #34 on: September 02, 2017, 01:30:49 AM »

It's gonna go MUCH HIGHER.

Mark my words you ignorant naysayers.
Mr Anabolic
Getbig V

"If you don't have it... then don't hit it"

« Reply #35 on: September 02, 2017, 03:13:52 AM »

Mr. Anabolic.

I fully enjoy all of your financial posts.   Generally spot on, in my opinion.   Actually looking at fucking around with some silver.

But back to topic:  I think, eventually, a universal cybercurrency is inevitable.

Do you agree, and is this it?

Yes, it is inevitable.  The US dollar is almost kaput.  Bitcoin is simply a beta test for what the government has already planned.  

Again, the abolishment of physical cash is not something anyone here should wish for... this will make anonymity a thing of the past.  The government will now be able to track everything you do and tax you at will.  Forget about getting paid "under the table"... that won't exist anymore.  

Is bitcoin going to be THE cyber-currency?  Possibly.  IMO, the feds will come up with some 'official' US crypto coin instead.  They also would have to implement control systems in order to keep the price stable.
gib
Getbig IV

Getbig!

« Reply #36 on: September 02, 2017, 06:17:35 AM »

It's gonna go MUCH HIGHER.

Mark my words you ignorant naysayers.

Could easily get to 10k per coin by year end. We are far from the point where he average man in the street is buying. It's still really geeks and bankers (and a few getbiggers). But just imagine when this goes mainstream.
HTexan
Getbig V

Heath must lose!!

« Reply #37 on: September 02, 2017, 08:08:49 AM »

Define safe? Non-trackable or trying not to get scammed?

A
TheGrinch
Getbig IV

« Reply #38 on: September 02, 2017, 08:34:33 AM »

Can you still mine bitcoins or has that time come and gone??
muscleman-2017
Getbig IV

« Reply #39 on: September 02, 2017, 10:09:58 AM »

Not profitable to mine them any more for average person (electricity costs outweigh benefits).
tres_taco_combo
Getbig IV

« Reply #40 on: September 02, 2017, 02:49:30 PM »

thoughts on ripple XRP?
HTexan
Getbig V

Heath must lose!!

« Reply #41 on: September 02, 2017, 04:47:22 PM »

you can, ether or litecoin would be better.

A
El Diablo Blanco
Getbig V

Nom Nom Nom Nom

« Reply #42 on: September 03, 2017, 07:20:59 AM »

Could easily get to 10k per coin by year end. We are far from the point where he average man in the street is buying. It's still really geeks and bankers (and a few getbiggers). But just imagine when this goes mainstream.

The average man would have bought at $400, the average man doesn't have $5K to drop on 1 bitcoin
f450
Getbig III

« Reply #43 on: September 03, 2017, 08:56:38 AM »

At this point, I dont get it. The attraction to bitcoin was the anonymity, and the ability to keep the government out of your private business.

If that is no longer the case, Then what exactly is the draw? Apart from making it infinitely easier for the government or other nefarious agents to track and /or empty your wallet.

I'd rather have cash. or gold.
HTexan
Getbig V

Heath must lose!!

« Reply #44 on: September 03, 2017, 06:00:46 PM »

At this point, I dont get it. The attraction to bitcoin was the anonymity, and the ability to keep the government out of your private business.

If that is no longer the case, Then what exactly is the draw? Apart from making it infinitely easier for the government or other nefarious agents to track and /or empty your wallet.

Bitcoin is independent from the government. So if government fails, bitcoin is still good, and no need to exchange when traveling.
plus you can also carry money in your mind. By memorizing 16 words. You won't get hack if you have a decent hardware wallet.

A
polychronopolous
Getbig V

In Loving Memory of 240 aka Rob

« Reply #45 on: September 03, 2017, 06:15:39 PM »

Any of you bros use this Goldmoney debit card that Peter Schiff talks about in his latest Rogan interview?

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BjqzyqRz_Mc" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BjqzyqRz_Mc</a>
jr
Getbig IV

No homo of peace

« Reply #46 on: September 03, 2017, 06:39:36 PM »

Cash and gold can be stolen, or confiscated by the government.

Bitcoins can't be stolen unless they have your private keys.

SOMEPARTS
Getbig IV

« Reply #47 on: September 03, 2017, 07:51:08 PM »

Bitcoins can't be stolen unless they have private keys control over the entire internet, programs to map all BTC transactions and taxation sytems in place to tax any gains.

You people that see less counterparty risk in BTC compared to metals in your hand make me laugh. Metal may be dead money right now but you are blinded by gains in this vaporware. They can't steal something that doesn't exist, correct....they can fee and tax it along with just making it illegal.

And before you start with the "you don't understand tech" or "my paper wallet" etc just know it only exists at this level because they are allowing it. It is the open door to perfected fiat, one world currency...the ultimate trade of things of value and labor for nothing...which is the way of all banking.
calfzilla
Getbig V

Team SF1900 Big Lenny +Christi Broccolini via gh15

« Reply #48 on: September 03, 2017, 11:48:10 PM »

People make fun but Vince Goodrum was right and way ahead of everyone. It was what, over a year ago he made his famous bitcoin thread. If we listened to Vince we would all be rich now.
Be There
Competitors II
Getbig V

« Reply #49 on: September 03, 2017, 11:53:24 PM »

Bitcoin is independent from the government. So if government fails, bitcoin is still good, and no need to exchange when traveling.
plus you can also carry money in your mind. By memorizing 16 words. You won't get hack if you have a decent hardware wallet.

Cash, Gold, Bitcoin only have value if people decide it has value.

So , if government fails as the monetary system is fucked, bitcoins value are valued in dollars, without dollars to base it on how much is a bit coin worth.

Its exactly the same with Gold, Gold is valued at $x per ounce, so without the dollar Gold is worth what?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 49   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Theme created by Egad Community. Powered by MySQL Powered by PHP Powered by SMF 1.1.20 | SMF © 2013, Simple Machines Valid XHTML 1.0! Valid CSS!