Author Topic: Using the 25th amendment to remove Pres Trump?  (Read 4663 times)

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
Re: Using the 25th amendment to remove Pres Trump?
« Reply #50 on: October 13, 2017, 12:43:01 PM »
Absolutely absurd.  

It's pretty funny how people effectively call Bannon a Grand Wizard of the KKK, then jump all over what sounds like some off the cuff exaggeration.  

Trump being removed by his cabinet is as likely as Trump getting indicted for the non-existent crime of colluding with Russia.  

Obstruction of justice is more likely. Collusion is not an easily proved criminal offense. Obstruction of justice is a flat out criminal offense.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #51 on: October 13, 2017, 12:52:27 PM »
The swamp politicians and elite are trying to create a coup. That is treason. Public execution for everyone involved. I'd like to see them try something like this. The Trump supporters will have none of that I am certain. Get ready for Civil War 2.0 if they ever go that route.

Could it be that the spat of violent demonstrations/protests is actually combat training in preparation for Civil War 2.0?

Public executions are not likely in the U.S. these days. Five years in prison is a more likely punishment.

'Whoever, owing allegiance to the United States, levies war against them or adheres to their enemies, giving them aid and comfort within the United States or elsewhere, is guilty of treason and shall suffer death, or shall be imprisoned not less than five years and fined under this title but not less than $10,000; and shall be incapable of holding any office under the United States."
(June 25, 1948, ch. 645, 62 Stat. 807; Pub. L. 103–322, title XXXIII, § 330016(2)(J), Sept. 13, 1994, 108 Stat. 2148.)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #52 on: October 13, 2017, 12:54:06 PM »
Obstruction of justice is more likely. Collusion is not an easily proved criminal offense. Obstruction of justice is a flat out criminal offense.

There is zero evidence of obstruction justice.  There is no crime called "collusion."  

What is likely to happen is what always happens with special prosecutors:  runaway freight train, someone gets accused of or indicted for something, a 100+page report gets issued, and we the taxpayers get stuck with an enormous bill.  Trump remains president.  Both parties run political ads claiming victory.  And the swamp continues to reek.    

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #53 on: October 13, 2017, 12:55:10 PM »
Agree with this. There will be riots, etc. on the other side for once and it won't be pretty. They will have essentially said "Your votes mean nothing. We will do whatever we want." They are doing that anyways mostly but that will be a step that will really put people over the top.

Identify who "they" are. :)

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #54 on: October 13, 2017, 01:16:41 PM »
There is zero evidence of obstruction justice.  There is no crime called "collusion."  

What is likely to happen is what always happens with special prosecutors:  runaway freight train, someone gets accused of or indicted for something, a 100+page report gets issued, and we the taxpayers get stuck with an enormous bill.  Trump remains president.  Both parties run political ads claiming victory.  And the swamp continues to reek.    

"Sorry, Fox News: Legal Experts Say Trump Collusion With Russia Could Be a Crime" DAN FRIEDMAN JUN. 28, 2017

"Both Lichtman and Gardner said the federal statute criminalizing treason could apply. But putting aside treason, "there are numerous laws" that could be implicated by collusion with any foreign government, Lichtman said.

Those include the Logan Act, which forbids dealings by private individuals with foreign governments involved in disputes with the US; the Stored Communications Act, which creates Fourth Amendment-like privacy protections for email and other digital communications; and the Espionage Act." Business Insider, Jun. 27, 2017

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #55 on: October 13, 2017, 01:19:48 PM »
"Sorry, Fox News: Legal Experts Say Trump Collusion With Russia Could Be a Crime" DAN FRIEDMAN JUN. 28, 2017

"Both Lichtman and Gardner said the federal statute criminalizing treason could apply. But putting aside treason, "there are numerous laws" that could be implicated by collusion with any foreign government, Lichtman said.

Those include the Logan Act, which forbids dealings by private individuals with foreign governments involved in disputes with the US; the Stored Communications Act, which creates Fourth Amendment-like privacy protections for email and other digital communications; and the Espionage Act." Business Insider, Jun. 27, 2017

Other laws that could be implicated.  Confirming what I said.  There is no crime called collusion. 

Regarding the rest of it:  treason, Logan Act, Espionage Act??  Seriously?  Where did you get this? 

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #56 on: October 13, 2017, 01:32:51 PM »

I can't believe Mueller, the Senate and Congress haven't yet shared their evidence with you and Fox News

That's how the process works right ?

mazrim

• Getbig V
« Reply #57 on: October 13, 2017, 02:06:17 PM »
Identify who "they" are. :)
Nope. Too obvious.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #58 on: October 13, 2017, 02:12:57 PM »
Other laws that could be implicated.  Confirming what I said.  There is no crime called collusion. 

Regarding the rest of it:  treason, Logan Act, Espionage Act??  Seriously?  Where did you get this? 

These are quotes and I cited the resources in my post.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #59 on: October 13, 2017, 03:09:44 PM »
These are quotes and I cited the resources in my post.

Ok. I found the article.  What an absurd overreach.  This is an investigation in search of a crime.  In the end, it's going to give a brain dead party (Democrats) campaign fodder, as well as the spineless party (Republicans).  A colossal waste of my tax dollars. 

Meanwhile, Putin is probably loving this.  First the faked moon landing conspiracy and now this stupidity. 

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #60 on: October 13, 2017, 03:24:36 PM »
Ok. I found the article.  What an absurd overreach.  This is an investigation in search of a crime.  In the end, it's going to give a brain dead party (Democrats) campaign fodder, as well as the spineless party (Republicans).  A colossal waste of my tax dollars.  

Meanwhile, Putin is probably loving this.  First the faked moon landing conspiracy and now this stupidity.  

how many investigations of Hillary did Repubs conduct trying to find a crime?

I don't recall you having any issue with that

I'm sure if Fox News had a tape of Schumer and Pelosi saying they believed Clinton was "paid by Russia...swear to god" they would laugh it off as a joke

Especially if Pelosi/Schumer first denied it ever happened, then said the transcript was wrong and only when they found it there was a tape said it was a joke

Nothing odd about that and we know that Fair and Balanced Fox and Repubs are

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #61 on: October 13, 2017, 03:45:40 PM »
Ok. I found the article.  What an absurd overreach.  This is an investigation in search of a crime.  In the end, it's going to give a brain dead party (Democrats) campaign fodder, as well as the spineless party (Republicans).  A colossal waste of my tax dollars. 

Meanwhile, Putin is probably loving this.  First the faked moon landing conspiracy and now this stupidity. 

The specialty of "Homeland Security" as it's become quite a player in seeking Americans to investigate and bust for things it wasn't said to be meant for.

Sorry for the OT nature, but couldn't pass on that opening.  And I completely agree with you.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #62 on: October 13, 2017, 05:41:19 PM »
I would hate to be Trump right now. No matter what he does, it becomes public fodder. Question is, does he bring this on himself. Almost daily , he says or does something that makes him look like an idiot.  Dear Mr Trump tell me again who is the President of the Virgin Islands? Maybe you thought Puerto Rico was also a separate country. :)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #63 on: October 13, 2017, 05:49:46 PM »
I would hate to be Trump right now. No matter what he does, it becomes public fodder. Question is, does he bring this on himself. Almost daily , he says or does something that makes him look like an idiot.  Dear Mr Trump tell me again who is the President of the Virgin Islands? Maybe you thought Puerto Rico was also a separate country. :)

I don't think the majority of people care about this stupid stuff.  It didn't work before the election.  It's not working now.  It's likely not going to work in 2018 or 2020. 

Just look at the smoke in mirrors today.  Over 90 percent of the coverage of Trump by the MSM is negative.  Then they do opinion polls and surprise, the response is negative.  Trump hatred is not going to defeat him.  Democrats will have to actually come up with good public policy ideas that the majority of the voters want.  I doubt they can do it, because they have been intellectually bankrupt for years.  The only reason that party still exists is the Republican party is full of a bunch of spineless lifers who only care about getting reelected. 

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #64 on: October 13, 2017, 05:55:28 PM »
I don't think the majority of people care about this stupid stuff.  It didn't work before the election.  It's not working now.  It's likely not going to work in 2018 or 2020. 

Just look at the smoke in mirrors today.  Over 90 percent of the coverage of Trump by the MSM is negative.  Then they do opinion polls and surprise, the response is negative.  Trump hatred is not going to defeat him.  Democrats will have to actually come up with good public policy ideas that the majority of the voters want.  I doubt they can do it, because they have been intellectually bankrupt for years.  The only reason that party still exists is the Republican party is full of a bunch of spineless lifers who only care about getting reelected. 

Maybe not the majority of people, but there is one person that seems to care a great deal. It is he who takes to Twitter the moment anything he doesn't like is said about him. The one who has an easily bruised ego. Even Getbiggers don't meltdown as often as Trump does.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #65 on: October 13, 2017, 06:01:21 PM »
Maybe not the majority of people, but there is one person that seems to care a great deal. It is he who takes to Twitter the moment anything he doesn't like is said about him. The one who has an easily bruised ego. Even Getbiggers don't meltdown as often as Trump does.

His use of Twitter is good and bad.  The bad is he really does lack the discipline and self-control to not fight every battle and respond to every slight. 

The good is he has bypassed the MSM and is able to speak directly to the public.  It infuriates the dishonest, biased MSM.  They are war with Trump.  I don't think they are winning this war. 

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #66 on: October 13, 2017, 06:23:27 PM »
“I can say categorically that his investigation indicates that no one on the White House staff, no one in this administration, presently employed, was involved in this very bizarre incident [the Watergate burglary]. What really hurts in matters of this sort is not the fact that they occur, because overzealous people in campaigns do things that are wrong. What really hurts is if you try to cover it up.” Richard Nixon

"Research suggests that pathological liars show no discomfort when caught lying, while other studies suggest that liars may become aggressive and angry when caught." Tamara Hill, MS

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #67 on: October 13, 2017, 07:27:01 PM »
“I can say categorically that his investigation indicates that no one on the White House staff, no one in this administration, presently employed, was involved in this very bizarre incident [the Watergate burglary]. What really hurts in matters of this sort is not the fact that they occur, because overzealous people in campaigns do things that are wrong. What really hurts is if you try to cover it up.” Richard Nixon

"Research suggests that pathological liars show no discomfort when caught lying, while other studies suggest that liars may become aggressive and angry when caught." Tamara Hill, MS

Putting it as though he's relating his own experience is strange, and can't imagine anyone else would've written it for him that way.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #68 on: October 14, 2017, 12:00:51 AM »
Putting it as though he's relating his own experience is strange, and can't imagine anyone else would've written it for him that way.

Nixon was no dope (supposed IQ 0f 155). He was extremely paranoid, which also describes the current inhabitant of the oval office (the paranoid part).

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #69 on: October 16, 2017, 08:52:41 PM »
Nixon was no dope (supposed IQ 0f 155). He was extremely paranoid, which also describes the current inhabitant of the oval office (the paranoid part).

Yes, said to be very smart and quite a peculiarly good poker man for some reason.  He financed himself that way in the 1950s from what I understand.  He funded campaigns for some time through gambling.