Author Topic: NFL - Trump - Kneeling - Discussion  (Read 70493 times)

SOMEPARTS

• Getbig V
Re: "Get that son of a bitch off the field!" Trump on NFL
« Reply #175 on: September 24, 2017, 10:56:13 PM »
The truth is the NFL and owners will do anything to get on the player's good sides.

In 10 years all the same guys will be suing for CTE and that will be the end of full contact football. Mark my words.

Griffith

• Getbig V
« Reply #176 on: September 24, 2017, 11:15:04 PM »
This was my FB post on this..

"Pretty simple. The left are going say their protests are for racial equality to stand against racism. The right are calling this a blatant disrespect of flag and country.

They have the right to protest, owners have the right to protect their investments. Anyone with any business sense whatsoever can figure this out. How about leveling a $100k fine per occurrence to each player that decides to draw attention to their team, causing ticket and viewership to drop. Problem fucking solved."

The fines could be used for charity, surely they wouldn't object  ;D

SuperTed

• Getbig V
  • Rebirth
« Reply #177 on: September 25, 2017, 04:47:03 AM »
Couple of points:

- Why have the national anthem before every game? What's the point?

- Who cares if someone refuses to stand for the anthem. Just let him express his freedom to do so and move on. He'd just feel foolish if nobody paid any attention to it.

- Why watch a sport in which almost 3 quarters of the players are black and be surprised that those players will show support towards black grievances?

- Trump shouldn't get involved with this crap.

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #178 on: September 25, 2017, 05:15:19 AM »
Couple of points:

- Who cares if someone refuses to stand for the anthem. Just let him express his freedom to do so and move on. He'd just feel foolish if nobody paid any attention to it.

- Why watch a sport in which almost 3 quarters of the players are black and be surprised that those players will show support towards black grievances?

1. Tradition. Not a particularly good answer, but that's the answer.

2. I agree. Had the media not made  a big deal out of it nobody would've even noticed.

3. There is absolutely no reason for white people to support the sport, anymore. These black grievances are bullshit and are merely cover for the abysmal failure of blacks as a group in civilized society.

4. Trump has a right to "express" himself just like these "oppressed" players. It's about time somebody stood up to these assholes and called them out on their bullshit. Who needs to be lectured by the demographic which has the greatest criminality rate on the face of the earth?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/nolacrimenews.com/2017/01/04/the-demographics-of-murder-in-new-orleans-2016/amp/

"The data on murder demographics came from NOPD’s homicide spreadsheet. There are three black men whose age/identity have not been publicly released. I assigned ages in their 20s for 2 of them and 30s for 1 to reflect a relatively normal distribution. I will update these figures as needed once identities are confirmed. Population data came from the Census 2015 estimates by race and gender.
Once again the murder rate for a black man in New Orleans is substantially higher than any other demographic group. The national murder rate in 2016 was roughly 5.3 per 100,000 meaning a black man in his 20s in New Orleans had a murder rate 60 times the national average."

Desolate

• Getbig V
  • I dream of Gods
« Reply #179 on: September 25, 2017, 05:19:27 AM »
"Colored people are like human weeds and are to be exterminated."

- Margaret Sanger, founder of Planned Parenthood

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #180 on: September 25, 2017, 06:19:35 AM »
The truth is the NFL and owners will do anything to get on the player's good sides.

In 10 years all the same guys will be suing for CTE and that will be the end of full contact football. Mark my words.

Agreed - the NFL is finished - just a matter of time now. 

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #181 on: September 25, 2017, 06:20:07 AM »
Couple of points:

Funny you mentioned you why whites should watch black players.  Some of the biggest most racist parts of this country are also some of the biggest NFL fans.  I never understood why they hate blacks so much but love cheering for them and watching them play football.  Just look at the powerhouse College programs which are also in the biggest racist states in the country. These biggots hate dem neeegros but they love cheering when they score some touchdowns.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #182 on: September 25, 2017, 06:23:45 AM »
x2

x10 -

The NBA is a complete joke

the NFL is a close second

F these people and the owners, and the thug players who want to shit on the fans paying $$$, etc 

The sooner these professional "sports" teams go away the better.   

Pray_4_War

• Getbig V
  • Thot Expert
« Reply #183 on: September 25, 2017, 06:48:42 AM »
F these people and the owners, and the thug players who want to shit on the fans paying $$$, etc 

The sooner these professional "sports" teams go away the better.   

Amen!

Shizzo

• Getbig IV
  • 2014 Getbig Hall of Fame Inductee
« Reply #184 on: September 25, 2017, 07:02:13 AM »
These idiots fail to realize that they are demonstrating on company time. In any other profession besides sports, they would be fired. An employer has the right to implement certain rules, regulations, and policies, in which the employee signs off on, when hired.

Most of these idiots have no idea why they are kneeling, interlocking arms etc....They are doing it because they are a bunch of followers and attention whores. Unfortunately, the players have the owners and the NFL by the balls on this.

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
« Reply #185 on: September 25, 2017, 07:08:23 AM »
fighting racism is key
A

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #186 on: September 25, 2017, 07:18:45 AM »

Griffith

• Getbig V
« Reply #187 on: September 25, 2017, 07:39:46 AM »
fighting racism is key

By kneeling because criminals are getting shot.

SuperTed

• Getbig V
  • Rebirth
« Reply #188 on: September 25, 2017, 08:13:05 AM »
Funny you mentioned you why whites should watch black players.  Some of the biggest most racist parts of this country are also some of the biggest NFL fans.  I never understood why they hate blacks so much but love cheering for them and watching them play football.  Just look at the powerhouse College programs which are also in the biggest racist states in the country. These biggots hate dem neeegros but they love cheering when they score some touchdowns.

It doesn't really make any sense. If I disliked blacks, the last I'd want to do is watch a sport in which they make up the majority of the players and cheer them on.

In Europe, there are some racist soccer fans (mostly Eastern Europeans) that don't want their teams signing black players. Here's also a video of an Israeli team who's fans became aggressive when their team signed some Muslim players. It's ugly, but at least they are being consistent with their beliefs. Anything else would be hypocritical. 

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #189 on: September 25, 2017, 08:16:46 AM »
These idiots fail to realize that they are demonstrating on company time. In any other profession besides sports, they would be fired. An employer has the right to implement certain rules, regulations, and policies, in which the employee signs off on, when hired.

Most of these idiots have no idea why they are kneeling, interlocking arms etc....They are doing it because they are a bunch of followers and attention whores. Unfortunately, the players have the owners and the NFL by the balls on this.

It all started with that fat ghetto POS Brown and the fake "Hands up - Don't Shoot" lie as well as Zimmerman / Trayvon episode.   In both matters - the race hustlers could not accept reality that their idolized victim was responsible for their own death,.   

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #190 on: September 25, 2017, 08:23:15 AM »
The Lions coach Jim Caldwell Tweeted "we don't have Son of Bitches in this league"

Really?  What about the guys beating their wives, getting caught with drugs and committing other crimes?  Don't act like all NFL players are innocent people.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #191 on: September 25, 2017, 08:25:55 AM »
The Lions coach Jim Caldwell Tweeted "we don't have Son of Bitches in this league"

Really?  What about the guys beating their wives, getting caught with drugs and committing other crimes?  Don't act like all NFL players are innocent people.

;)

Actually - what about all the kids these fools have running around all over the country with no present fathers?   Cromartie has what 14 kids running around?  After 3 years - those who are even in the league are mostly broke and bankrupt and owe child support, end up on welfare, etc.   

Yeah - awesome example there Coach! 

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #192 on: September 25, 2017, 08:28:24 AM »
;)

Actually - what about all the kids these fools have running around all over the country with no present fathers?   Cromartie has what 14 kids running around?  After 3 years - those who are even in the league are mostly broke and bankrupt and owe child support, end up on welfare, etc.   

Yeah - awesome example there Coach! 

Cromartie has 14 kids with something like 13 different moms.  Imaging the child support this ass had to pay.  Pretty sure he hasn't paid any but hopefully the courts make him.  I bet almost all of those women are while whores

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #193 on: September 25, 2017, 08:30:46 AM »
Cromartie has 14 kids with something like 13 different moms.  Imaging the child support this ass had to pay.  Pretty sure he hasn't paid any but hopefully the courts make him.  I bet almost all of those women are while whores

Up until now, he has earned 47 million playing football. Lets hope he saved his pennies for his 10+ children.
X

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit

Ron

• Getbigistrator
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #195 on: September 25, 2017, 10:14:25 AM »
The NFL rule book specifically requires both teams appear on the field for the playing of the anthem, standing, remaining quiet, and holding their helmets in their left hands. Failure to do so can result in fines, suspensions, and the loss of draft picks. The rules are found on pages A62-63 of the league’s game operations manual:

The National Anthem must be played prior to every NFL game, and all players must be on the sideline for the National Anthem.
During the National Anthem, players on the field and bench area should stand at attention, face the flag, hold helmets in their left hand, and refrain from talking. The home team should ensure that the American flag is in good condition. It should be pointed out to players and coaches that we continue to be judged by the public in this area of respect for the flag and our country. Failure to be on the field by the start of the National Anthem may result in discipline, such as fines, suspensions, and/or the forfeiture of draft choice(s) for violations of the above, including first offenses.

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #196 on: September 25, 2017, 10:43:39 AM »
The NFL rule book specifically requires both teams appear on the field for the playing of the anthem, standing, remaining quiet, and holding their helmets in their left hands. Failure to do so can result in fines, suspensions, and the loss of draft picks. The rules are found on pages A62-63 of the league’s game operations manual:

The National Anthem must be played prior to every NFL game, and all players must be on the sideline for the National Anthem.
During the National Anthem, players on the field and bench area should stand at attention, face the flag, hold helmets in their left hand, and refrain from talking. The home team should ensure that the American flag is in good condition. It should be pointed out to players and coaches that we continue to be judged by the public in this area of respect for the flag and our country. Failure to be on the field by the start of the National Anthem may result in discipline, such as fines, suspensions, and/or the forfeiture of draft choice(s) for violations of the above, including first offenses.

The "fine print" states that they are required (MUST BE) to be on the sideline before  beginsthe national anthem, otherwise they are fined. Fine.

However, NOWHERE does it state that they are required to stand at attention, face the flag, hold helmets in their left hand, and refrain from talking. It says that players "SHOULD" do these things. Using the word "should" may indicate an obligation (definition 1) or may indicate an expectation (definition 2). Are they "OBLIGATED" or "EXPECTED" to do these things (stand at attention, face the flag, hold helmets in their left hand, and refrain from talking)? The NFL needs to clarify.

The definition of "Should":

1) Used to indicate obligation, duty, or correctness.

2) Indicating a desirable or expected state.

X

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #197 on: September 25, 2017, 10:51:44 AM »
But, that is not what you said. You made a general statement that I did not know the difference from right and wrong. I clearly pointed out many instances where it was wrong to do something. Thus, I clearly know the difference between right and wrong--your initial premise was that I did not know the difference between right and wrong.  A more appropriate statement would have been that "I do not know the difference between right and wrong when it comes to political issues." So, do I know the difference between right or wrong?  ??? ??? ???

I am not big on saying whether police corruption concerning minorities is either a "False" or "True" narrative--I rarely, if ever, categorize social issues into binary categories. I believe most issues, including social issues, fall along a continuum. With that said, there have been independent investigations that have proved racial biases among police departments (not ALL police departments). On the other hand, there are many police departments that do a wonderful job. I'd be more apt to discuss racial biases and police brutality along a continuum, instead of discussing whether it is 100% false or 100% true--it is ignorant to reduce the complexity of human behavior to binary classifications.

I never stated whether I supported or disagreed with their protesting. You assumed that I did not know the difference between right and wrong because I said to you, "That is your opinion." That in no way infers whether or not I agree or disagree with your statement or sport players protesting. You assumed, as you always do.

You're joking right? We're not talking about anything else BUT the title of this thread and the story behind it so it's implied.

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #198 on: September 25, 2017, 10:53:50 AM »
You're joking right? We're not talking about anything else BUT the title of this thread and the story behind it so it's implied.

When debating, I never assume anything is "implied." During any debate, its important to have all statements clarified, in order to produce a coherent, logical debate. You need to make your statements more refined.

Oh, and I was partly busting your chops about your statement because its fun seeing you meltdown. I knew you meant right and wrong regarding political issues.
X

willdafrog

• Getbig II
« Reply #199 on: September 25, 2017, 10:56:08 AM »
Steelers player who stood for national anthem has top-selling jersey

http://money.cnn.com/2017/09/25/news/companies/alejandro-villanueva-jersey-sales-steelers/index.html