Author Topic: Guy Grundy: Vince Basile is a bitter old man  (Read 7497 times)

Cableguy

• Getbig IV
  • Cableguy no longer...
Re: Guy Grundy: Vince Basile is a bitter old man
« Reply #25 on: September 25, 2017, 01:31:20 PM »
Looks like a poor man's Lee Priest.

Shizzo

• Getbig IV
  • 2014 Getbig Hall of Fame Inductee
« Reply #26 on: September 25, 2017, 01:35:14 PM »
Guy Grundy sounds like the name of a very rare He-Man action figure. With movable wrists and knees.

Simple Simon

« Reply #27 on: September 25, 2017, 02:13:25 PM »
remind me to ask him if he knows who you are again
Guy looks like the type of person you could have been in rehab with.....

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #28 on: September 25, 2017, 04:13:31 PM »
I met Guy Grundy at Gold's Gym many years ago. I said hello because I recognized him. He had impressive calves so I asked about them. He said it was synthol. I didn't know if he was joking or being serious.

Years later we exchanged a couple of messages on Facebook. That is it.

He went to LA like a lot of Aussie bodybuilders with big dreams but not much happened. As his physique and appearance changed he settled in with the fight business while doing security work. He was in

a few movies as well probably as an older tough guy. So he is doing okay for himself. He is fearless and speaks his mind just like Lee Priest does. He does know that he is the epitome of a wanker! :)

I wonder why some guys end up with small forearms and triceps after they don't lift heavy anymore.

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #29 on: September 25, 2017, 04:18:01 PM »
I always found the joking to basile to be funny and deserved, but never understood the downright hate for the man.

If you look at his total online record, he is funny when he is trying not to be, intelligent(sometimes too smart for his own good which gets him into trouble) and he is a legendary getbigger, more so than 90% of us who insult the man.

I don't think he is bitter, I just think he is a guy who just blurts what he thinks and does not sugarcoat what he saw in his own opinion with bodybuilding. Honestly sometimes I think the people who run bodybuilding are more thinned skinned than the people who compete, and that says alot.

Gotta give the guy credit, back in the day he got offered to get more success in bodybuilding by selling his soul(ie pose for fa gs, kissing ass etc) and walked away from it.

The guy competed, owned gyms, helped with shows/promoting,  took some of the legendary photos of the day and designed equipment. Certainly even if getbig thinks he does not deserve competitor blue stars he certainly deserves expert stars beside his name as he has done more expert wise than most of the people here with expert tags that I have seen that are mostly schmoes who never even competed or anything.

Thanks. Quite an accurate assessment. I would add that I have a great sense of humour and am an exceptional shit stirrer. Not everyone gets my humour. If not then I can see how they are easily offended by what I post.

FitnessFrenzy

• Getbig V
  • evolving
« Reply #30 on: September 25, 2017, 04:48:36 PM »
I met Guy Grundy at Gold's Gym many years ago. I said hello because I recognized him. He had impressive calves so I asked about them. He said it was synthol. I didn't know if he was joking or being serious.

He went to LA like a lot of Aussie bodybuilders with big dreams but not much happened. As his physique and appearance changed he settled in with the fight business while doing security work. He was in

a few movies as well probably as an older tough guy. So he is doing okay for himself. He is fearless and speaks his mind just like Lee Priest does. He does know that he is the epitome of a wanker! :)

I wonder why some guys end up with small forearms and triceps after they don't lift heavy anymore.

brutal!  8)

Kwon

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #31 on: September 25, 2017, 05:06:00 PM »

Thanks. Quite an accurate assessment.

As long as Jay and Dexter is ok with Vince, he's ok in my book.

In all seriousness though, i've always thought Vince B was a Top Poodle.
Q

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #32 on: September 25, 2017, 07:57:22 PM »
brutal!  8)

If you read Grudy's facebook you would know he called an Aussie who approached him a 'wanker'. That isn't necessarily an insult.

Wonder where Grundy went? He used to post here and challenge people to fisticuffs.

https://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/lifestyle/australias-biggest-wanker-what-does-that-even-mean-20140915-10hdue.html

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #33 on: September 25, 2017, 08:14:27 PM »
As long as Jay and Dexter is ok with Vince, he's ok in my book.

In all seriousness though, i've always thought Vince B was a Top Poodle.

The reason Dexter is giving the thumbs up is because I told him in front of Jay that black guys have to be much better to win the Olympia.

He agreed. Both went on the win that title.

NelsonMuntz

• Getbig V
  • Getbigs Most Positive Member March&October 2017
« Reply #34 on: September 25, 2017, 08:58:19 PM »
Thanks. Quite an accurate assessment. I would add that I have a great sense of humour and am an exceptional shit stirrer. Not everyone gets my humour. If not then I can see how they are easily offended by what I post.

Lets put it this nway Vince, you hung out with Arnold, Frank Joe Gold and Vince Gironda. Wes was in Pumping Iron in one scene. ASide from all our joking around people forget that shit here and its not right. There are some fucking legends around here and I will make the white van joke until you go in the sky but you are a getbig legend and deserve that recognitition, and so does your old lady for that matter as she helped with the gym, etc.
"

Cableguy

• Getbig IV
  • Cableguy no longer...
« Reply #35 on: September 25, 2017, 09:24:52 PM »

Seems like it happens to the majority of lifters eventually whether they stop lifting or not. Almost all older bodybuilders exhibit this condition to some extent, some more extreme than others.

It seems like the brachioradialis and triceps are susceptible to micro tears, which over the years result in forearm and triceps recession. And it seems biceps don't suffer from this condition for some reason.

For forearms, Jay Cutler and Branch Warren are two prominent examples. If you look at pictures of them from years back, they both had longer, lower inserting forearms. As the years go by, you can see the progressive recession on both of them. Flex Wheeler is another great example of this, his triceps as well. I've noticed some recession in my own triceps as well. Not too bad, but they don't insert as low as they used to. I'm surprised more people don't talk about this. Like the elephant in the room it seems.

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #36 on: September 26, 2017, 02:38:19 AM »

are ya still training arms? if yes whats the report?

and serious q for you dude

Im gonna jump back on some low dose winny and I'm wondering which protocol is better if your opinion to grow my guns?

2-3 exercises for bi and for tri 2 very heavy sets of 5-8 reps with focus on increased training loads

or....

3-4 exercises for bi and tri for 3-4 works sets focusing on constant tension and burning the muscle up with bout 5 seconds for positive and negative parts and not worry about increased loads

so which is better in your opinion?

wanna see if i can get legit 17 inchers @ 5-6% weigh less than a buck 70  8)

and speaking of this gay spundy damn he got ugly as fuck and aged veruly badly

so much for gh being the fountain of youth

another bullshit pitch from 15 to make money off of gulliable peeps

falco

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: September 26, 2017, 02:41:53 AM »

Herniated or bulging cervical disks.

IRON CROSS

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: September 26, 2017, 02:51:43 AM »
[quote aut hor=Vince B link=topic=636778.msg8882241#msg8882241 date=1506319837]
Did you, Teutonic Knight, reappear just to post insults about me? What a patsy you are.

Grundy is the one who is the angry person.

[/quote]

;D
 ;D
 ;D

sceagacros

• Getbig III
  • Happy holidays, have you considered suicide?
« Reply #39 on: September 26, 2017, 02:59:27 AM »
Didn't know Wes was in Pumping Iron .............Vince? I'm often amazed that someone who is a legitimate old school competitor is shown such little respect - some of his thoughts on D.O.M.S. seem plausible/ made me think.

NelsonMuntz

• Getbig V
  • Getbigs Most Positive Member March&October 2017
« Reply #40 on: September 26, 2017, 10:18:41 AM »
Didn't know Wes was in Pumping Iron .............Vince? I'm often amazed that someone who is a legitimate old school competitor is shown such little respect - some of his thoughts on D.O.M.S. seem plausible/ made me think.

He is in the audience during the I belive Mike Katz/Lou Ferrigno guest posing at the beginning

Wes like Basile has been around bodybuilding since the real golden age ie 70's(not the fucking 90's like some retards think, the 90's were just the peak in quality development before it took a big dump, not the golden age)
"

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #41 on: September 26, 2017, 06:04:12 PM »
Guy was in an interview and said that he was placed 2nd in the 1999 World's because of synthol use. There you are. I met him in 2000 in Golds Gym, Venice. His calves stood out. So I asked how he got them so big.

"Synthol", he remarked. I wasn't sure if he was joking or telling the truth. Here is a photo of his calves. You judge for yourself.

https://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/drobson86.htm

Kwon

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #42 on: September 26, 2017, 07:10:16 PM »
Guy Grundy is a poor man's Vince Basile.
Q

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #43 on: September 27, 2017, 05:14:18 AM »
Grundy's arms.

rocket

• Getbig V
  • Not a champion
« Reply #44 on: September 27, 2017, 05:27:01 AM »
Vince

Guy was open about synthol use on here - said it ruined his physique, so he very was probably just being straight up with you.  Guy is a good fella and did well on this board and there aren't many fellas who had any significance in bodybuilding who did well. 

I'm very confident that regardless of what people think of you, online - I'm sure that you and 99% of the board are actually pleasant people in real life.  This is just a bubble - a little place where people are free to be harsher versions of themselves.