Author Topic: IFBB World Championship USA Participation  (Read 1250 times)

Stormcloud

• Getbig II
IFBB World Championship USA Participation
« on: October 02, 2017, 11:07:26 AM »
IFBB it’s pleased to inform that Bodybuilding and Fitness will start new activities, in the United States of America, under a more efficient Organization, based on Sport criteria and inspired with the recognition of our sport by the Panamerican Olympic Organization and the participation at the Panamerican Games.

In this new period, after the suspension of the National Physique Committee (NPC), American athletes recovered the chance to compete at IFBB World Men’s (Benidorm; Spain) and World Fitness Championships (Biarritz; France), after so many years of USA teams absence, in the international events.

https://www.ifbb.com/usa-participation-at-next-coming-world-ifbb-championships/

This weekend September 27th to October 1st. has been really hectic for athletes and IFBB officials, as a consequence of its dynamism and huge program of international events. Up to 3 really important events has been celebrated, during the weekend, involving more than 1.000 athletes from more than 30 countries.

The action started on Wednesday 27th, in Prague (Czech Republic), with the 2nd edition of the IFBB-EVLS Showdown; a fantastic event who was supervised by President Santonja, assisted by the president of the Czech Bodybuilding & Fitness Federation, Mr. Vyacheslav Vinogradov and IFBB Executive, Mr. Jose Ramos. In front of a crowded venue (more than 3.000 spectators), more than 400 athletes from 3 continents fought for the cash prizes and  the chance to reach the Pro Elite status.

Over 400 kilometers from Prague, Poland hosted the IFBB Diamond Cup Katowice -Friday 29th to Saturday 30th- organized by the Polish Federation chaired by Mr. Pawel Filleborn, national president and chairman of the IFBB Judges Committee. Despite the short distance between both cities, an important number of athletes from Europe, Asia and Africa took part, in the event.

And, completing this hectic and challenging agenda, more than 200 athletes affiliated to United Kingdom Bodybuilding & Fitness Federation (UKBBF) registered this weekend, at the last British Qualifier, which was held in Bedworth, Sunday 1st. October. Leaded by IFBB General Secretary Mr. William Tierney, this was a great turnout, once again, where the winners of all the classes will compete in the British in Nottingham, on next 14th – 15th October

newhouse

• Getbig I
Re: IFBB World Championship USA Participation
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2017, 02:02:40 PM »
IFBB Amateur World Championships is the ultimate amateur contest and its a shame the NPC is going this way .  Competing for your nation at the world championships is greatest honor;at least according to Ben Weider it was.  It will be interesting to see what enterprising American is stepping up to become the new IFBB American affiliate.

The USA missed a lot of men's world championships due to "security concerns".  Couldn't have hired a guy or two to provide security?  I get it, prez thought he's get sued if competitors got hurt overseas.  I disagreed with that thought process, but I will give credit that the NPC did drug test every Team U class winner and 2nd place ensuring American team wouldn't fail any test.  Can't say the same for any other nation except maybe UK and Canada. 

IFBB (amateur) used to post their drug test results after Worlds and it seemed every guy they tested got busted.  IFBB random tested one guy or two  of the top six in each class, so guys took their chances that they wouldn't get the "yellow ball" and be required to give a sample.  I see IFBB amateur doesn't post those results anymore.