Author Topic: 2017 IFBB Asia Grand Prix - Flex Lewis v Hadi Hadi Choopan - Who was better?  (Read 6492 times)

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
It's about personal preference and what you choose to focus on. I personally think Hadi looks absolutely fine. His calves being a tiny bit smaller than his thighs are the same as Flex's thighs being a tiny bit too small for his calves. Just about personal preference. There's not a set rule (ala Coleman, Dorian) where calves have to match arms, etc.

Hadi is catching upto Flex, though.

If you are replying to the op re who looks better that is one thing. Arguing about judging criterion is another thing and hopefully not so subjective.

You may prefer a type of physique but that doesn't mean it is better re judging criterion.

For example, Steve Reeves had a great physique that would not place in the Olympia today.

Simple Simon

If you are replying to the op re who looks better that is one thing. Arguing about judging criterion is another thing and hopefully not so subjective.

You may prefer a type of physique but that doesn't mean it is better re judging criterion.

For example, Steve Reeves had a great physique that would not place in the Olympia today.

If I was a judge and Bob Paris walked out at his best at the 2018 Olympia I would place him first as that's my personal opinion, as a judge you cant do that, you have to toe the line...

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
If I was a judge and Bob Paris walked out at his best at the 2018 Olympia I would place him first as that's my personal opinion, as a judge you cant do that, you have to toe the line...

No, not at all. You simply have to apply the criterion accurately and fairly to pick the winner. Our preferences are there but we should be as objective as possible.

Simple Simon

No, not at all. You simply have to apply the criterion accurately and fairly to pick the winner. Our preferences are there but we should be as objective as possible.

care to try and define the current IFBB standard criteria?

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
care to try and define the current IFBB standard criteria?

Manion is the person to contact for this information. However, each of us should be able to judge the Mr Olympia independent of that criterion. It isn't as if once we know it that we will start doing things differently.

Over the last couple of decades two things have evolved to be the most important. Conditioning and how good the back plus glutes are developed/conditioned. The judges can assess who is really cut but it isn't

so easy to apply criterion such as proportions, shape and aesthetics to the process. Instead of transparency we now have individual scores hidden from everyone. They also have a system where they put down

judges who don't pick who everyone else is picking. After every Olympia winners feel they deserved the title. Yet, the debates continue about who should have won.

Simple Simon

Manion is the person to contact for this information. However, each of us should be able to judge the Mr Olympia independent of that criterion. It isn't as if once we know it that we will start doing things differently.

Over the last couple of decades two things have evolved to be the most important. Conditioning and how good the back plus glutes are developed/conditioned. The judges can assess who is really cut but it isn't

so easy to apply criterion such as proportions, shape and aesthetics to the process. Instead of transparency we now have individual scores hidden from everyone. They also have a system where they put down

judges who don't pick who everyone else is picking. After every Olympia winners feel they deserved the title. Yet, the debates continue about who should have won.

that information isnt in the public domain, it never has been,
https://www.ifbb.com/rules/

B R

• Getbig IV
Phil gets a lot of hate, as is evident by one of his recent video clips where he bluntly addresses the haters. The fact is, though, that Phil is the best bodybuilder in the World. People can hate him all they want but the judges have gotten it right.

Someone like Flex vs. Hadi vs. Jose is much closer because Flex has more weakpoints than Phil, particularly his back.

Hi Phil.

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
that information isnt in the public domain, it never has been,
https://www.ifbb.com/rules/

What has evolved is the head judge picks the first call out and the judges know these are 1st, 2nd and 3rd. Easy enough to put the winner in the middle.

This method ensures that the judges don't err and are collectively consistent.