Author Topic: Cardio Question - Cardio Machines  (Read 3726 times)

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
Cardio Question - Cardio Machines
« on: October 06, 2017, 09:31:30 AM »
I recently began to incorporate cardio sessions into my workouts--I do cardio after weights.

Questions:

1) Are some cardio machines better for burning calories compared to others? For example, treadmill vs. stair mill vs. bike vs. elliptical?

2) I am doing like 15-20 cardio sessions, but the amount of miles that I have complete seems so small. I feel like if I am not completing a lot of miles, then I am not burning a lot of calories, although my sessions are up to 20 minutes long, sometimes more. So, what is more important? Time spent on the cardio machine or miles completed? Or, is it really just about the intensity of the cardio session?
X

milone79

• Getbig IV
Re: Cardio Question?
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2017, 10:00:22 AM »
I recently began to incorporate cardio sessions into my workouts--I do cardio after weights.

Questions:

1) Are some cardio machines  better for burning calories compared to others? For example, treadmill vs. stair mill vs. bike vs. elliptical?
2) I am doing like 15-20 cardio sessions, but the amount of miles that I have complete seems so small. I feel like if I am not completing a lot of miles, then I am not burning a lot of calories, although my sessions are up to 20 minutes long, sometimes more. So, what is more important? Time spent on the cardio machine or miles completed? Or, is it really just about the intensity of the cardio session?

what is the point of your cardio? Fat loss? Increased cardiovascular health? If it is for fat loss caloric restriction is a far superior method...if it is for general health, the best form of cardio is the one which you can recover the fastest from without it negatively affecting your weight training.

residue

• Getbig V
  • Adonis 3:16
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2017, 10:05:16 AM »

Questions:

1) Are some cardio machines  better for burning calories compared to others? For example, treadmill vs. stair mill vs. bike vs. elliptical?
why bother with machine cardio? why not just skip rope, push a prowler or do battle ropes?

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2017, 10:32:20 AM »
what is the point of your cardio? Fat loss? Increased cardiovascular health? If it is for fat loss caloric restriction is a far superior method...if it is for general health, the best form of cardio is the one which you can recover the fastest from without it negatively affecting your weight training.

It's mainly for cardiovascular health.
X

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2017, 10:33:22 AM »
why bother with machine cardio? why not just skip rope, push a prowler or do battle ropes?

My gym doesn't have a prowler or battle ropes and I hate jumping rope.
X

Simple Simon

« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2017, 10:35:31 AM »
cardio for fat loss = effort expenditure isnt rewarded with an equal amount of fat loss
45 mins on a bike is around 250 cals

Be better of just eating 250 cals les and watching telly, you burn around 60 cals an hour sitting down

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2017, 10:39:35 AM »
the best cardio machine is the stair stepper where you actually have to step on each stair as it rolls around

it is the KING

visualizeperfection

• Getbig V
  • Getbig sponsored athlete.
Re: Cardio Question - Cardio Machines
« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2017, 10:42:22 AM »
Upright rows, high reps for cuts.

Simple Simon

« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2017, 10:43:44 AM »

sync pulse

• Getbig V
  • Only be sure always to call it please, 'research'
« Reply #9 on: October 06, 2017, 11:26:34 AM »
I started with a treadmill...when i could do 30 minutes without stopping, I started to raise the speed each time to raise my heart into the zone.  I acquired a ten speed with a wind trainer at this point and use that mostly because I can slowly increase the resistance with each session...

I don't "sprint"...I keep my heart rate steady in the zone.   

residue

• Getbig V
  • Adonis 3:16
« Reply #10 on: October 06, 2017, 11:39:45 AM »
the best cardio machine is the stair stepper where you actually have to step on each stair as it rolls around

it is the KING

the jacobs ladder is way better

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #11 on: October 06, 2017, 12:04:33 PM »
cardio for fat loss = effort expenditure isnt rewarded with an equal amount of fat loss
45 mins on a bike is around 250 cals

Be better of just eating 250 cals les and watching telly, you burn around 60 cals an hour sitting down

I want to improve cardiovascular health--I really don't need to lose weight.
X

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #12 on: October 06, 2017, 12:05:31 PM »
I started with a treadmill...when i could do 30 minutes without stopping, I started to raise the speed each time to raise my heart into the zone.  I acquired a ten speed with a wind trainer at this point and use that mostly because I can slowly increase the resistance with each session...

I don't "sprint"...I keep my heart rate steady in the zone.   

I used the treadmill today and noticed it was the best workout when compared to the other cardio machines.
X

Simple Simon

« Reply #13 on: October 06, 2017, 12:05:40 PM »
I want to improve cardiovascular health--I really don't need to lose weight.

post a picture, I will be the judge of that....

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #14 on: October 06, 2017, 12:27:56 PM »

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #15 on: October 06, 2017, 12:34:39 PM »

Trust me, I do not need to lose weight.

At this point, I am more concerned about strengthening my heart--I am worried about getting heart disease later in life. :'( :'(
X

sync pulse

• Getbig V
  • Only be sure always to call it please, 'research'
« Reply #16 on: October 06, 2017, 12:41:15 PM »

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #17 on: October 06, 2017, 12:43:44 PM »
Better off with full body Bodyweight HIIT for 15-20 minutes than a machine.  Think Lunges, Roll out push ups, jump rope, 8 count bodybuilders, High Plank to Low Plank to High Plank, Step Ups, etc. 

45 Sec hard - 15 seconds rest and keep going on the clock.   

Questions:

1) Are some cardio machines better for burning calories compared to others? For example, treadmill vs. stair mill vs. bike vs. elliptical?

visualizeperfection

• Getbig V
  • Getbig sponsored athlete.
« Reply #18 on: October 06, 2017, 12:44:09 PM »

The sketch has a better build than 90% of GB.

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #19 on: October 06, 2017, 12:44:56 PM »
The sketch has a better build than 90% of GB.

Hulkotron is one of the bigger guys on getbig.
X

Simple Simon

« Reply #20 on: October 06, 2017, 01:24:08 PM »
Trust me, I do not need to lose weight.

At this point, I am more concerned about strengthening my heart--I am worried about getting heart disease later in life. :'( :'(

better than cancer mate...

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #21 on: October 06, 2017, 01:43:30 PM »
better than cancer mate...

I'm worried about cancer too!!  :-X  :-[ :'(

I'm actually more worried about cancer than heart disease!
X

calfzilla

• Getbig V
  • YUMAN FILTH!
« Reply #22 on: October 06, 2017, 01:53:15 PM »
Ha ha pussy1900 wants to live a long life  ::)

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #23 on: October 06, 2017, 01:58:01 PM »
Ha ha pussy1900 wants to live a long life  ::)

Ok
X

judochoke

• Getbig III
« Reply #24 on: October 06, 2017, 02:09:33 PM »
I start off at 2.0 for five minutes, then 2.5 for five minutes. then go to 3.0 for ten minutes. after 20 minutes I'm warmed up pretty good for age 60, then I raise the level every 60 seconds, ending up at 8.0 level at 3.0 speed. I try to hold this as long as I can, two or three minutes.
then back down to 3.0 to rest. I do this twice. kicks my ass. (sorry, on the treadmill)