Author Topic: For all your sugar haters..  (Read 2165 times)

dseiler

• Getbig III
  • GOING OFF THE DEEP END. FUCK IT
For all your sugar haters..
« on: October 20, 2017, 08:51:46 AM »
https://www.wired.com/story/cutting-carbs-wont-keep-you-from-getting-cancer/

The findings do not prove that eating (or not eating) sugar has any effect on the onset or development of cancer. The research, which was done in yeast, found that high levels of glucose could overstimulate the production of certain proteins often found in tumors. And those proteins could cause cancer cells to grow and multiply faster. In essence, high blood sugar could worsen existing tumors.

An interesting bit of science, to be sure, but nowhere near a medically relevant dietary recommendation. By Tuesday, Thevelein was backtracking in news outlets: “Some people are interpreting that we have found a mechanism for how sugar causes cancer, but that is certainly not the case.”

"Say you’re going to eliminate all the sugars from your body. So not just the occasional doughnut or ice cream cone, but every fruit, vegetable, and whole or refined grain out there. You’re basically left with meat and fat—a ketogenic diet. “That is not meant to be a long-term diet,” says Zoumas. And she says research has shown that while cancer cells prefer sugar as a fuel, they can just as easily survive on fat and protein alone. Plus, while you’re starving all those cancer cells, you’re also depriving your body’s healthy cells too. Which is pretty much the last thing you want to do if you’re sick and on chemo and battling for your life. “You need to be getting calories any way you can,” says Zoumas.
She advises cancer patients on what they should be eating, as well as at-risk populations—people constantly fretting over what they put in their mouth and whether it might feed the disease. Sugar comes up all the time. Zoumas has different advice for everyone, but in general she relies upon a body of scientific evidence that suggests maintaining a healthy weight with a diet based mostly on plants, lean proteins, and (yes) carbs is the best way to reduce your risk of cancer. Even with the occasional doughnut."

Rambone

• Getbig V
  • “No no. Down here, Louie.”
Re: For all your sugar haters..
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2017, 09:21:31 AM »
I think sugar gets a bad rap because it doesn’t satiate our appetite well and is extremely easy, tasty and convenient to consume leading to overconsumption. Overeating and being a fat fuck causes many health problems, not the calorie itself. The general public doesn’t workout and underconsumes protein and fiber which is more thermogenic and satiates the appetite hence the general public are fat, sick sacks of shit. The only research I’ve heard about Keto where it is considered beneficial for people with diseases was in a certain kind of Alzheimer’s

The Keto Kid

• Getbig IV
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2017, 09:34:11 AM »
The healthiest populations in the world all consume "sugar" rice more specific, the Japanese specifically live off of rice and japanese sweet potato, but putting doughnuts in the category as "sugar" is definitely not the same things, doughnuts have a ton of fat as well and bad fats for that matter.The body needs sugar, or which is why human woman breast milk contains sugar. But modified simple sugars that human were not designed to consume (high fructose corn syrup) are again a different category of "sugar."

The Keto Kid

• Getbig IV
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2017, 09:41:04 AM »
And from experience the hardest working people I've ever known and the most energetic people I've ever known were all huge rice eaters. I work with a ton of Asians, Latinos, and I can say first hand these fuckers never run out of energy. Think of Manny Pacquiao, that fucker had a crazy gas tank, full throttle from round 1-12 never runs out of energy, that dude eats a shit load of rice everyday. Same goes for alot of the Asians I know, unlimited energy, and always pounding the rice.

Simple Simon

« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2017, 09:54:23 AM »
I eat lots of sugar...

Ted SuperSet

• Getbig IV
  • America first!
« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2017, 10:37:14 AM »
The healthiest populations in the world all consume "sugar" rice more specific, the Japanese specifically live off of rice and japanese sweet potato, but putting doughnuts in the category as "sugar" is definitely not the same things, doughnuts have a ton of fat as well and bad fats for that matter.The body needs sugar, or which is why human woman breast milk contains sugar. But modified simple sugars that human were not designed to consume (high fructose corn syrup) are again a different category of "sugar."

This post above explains it all so clear.
Why cant people understand this very simple concept??
It aint rocket science FFS!!

Powerlift66

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2017, 10:41:39 AM »
I drink lots of sugar (flavored vodka)...

Ted SuperSet

• Getbig IV
  • America first!
« Reply #8 on: October 20, 2017, 11:04:58 AM »

Ted SuperSet

• Getbig IV
  • America first!
« Reply #9 on: October 20, 2017, 11:06:45 AM »

Ted SuperSet

• Getbig IV
  • America first!
« Reply #10 on: October 20, 2017, 11:08:29 AM »

Ted SuperSet

• Getbig IV
  • America first!
« Reply #11 on: October 20, 2017, 11:24:41 AM »

FREAKgeek

• Getbig V
  • Fan of the Golden Era
« Reply #13 on: October 20, 2017, 01:52:06 PM »
I eat lots of sugar...

You don't pig out and live on sweets though.

HTexan

• Getbig V
  • Heath must lose!!
« Reply #14 on: October 20, 2017, 01:59:58 PM »
 ??? Cancer or diabetes?
A

Simple Simon

« Reply #15 on: October 20, 2017, 02:07:29 PM »
You don't pig out and live on sweets though.
I eat my fair share

just having a bowl of crunchy nut corn flakes for my supper.

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #16 on: October 21, 2017, 09:25:59 AM »
Time to start beating your wife.

Ted SuperSet

• Getbig IV
  • America first!
« Reply #17 on: October 21, 2017, 10:29:28 AM »
Time to start beating your wife.