Author Topic: NABBA Universe live stream  (Read 13273 times)

Evo

• Getbig IV
  • you racku disapwin!
Re: NABBA Universe live stream
« Reply #100 on: October 30, 2017, 08:35:46 AM »
Is the Wizards Sleeve still prepping SJT?

He seems to have quietened down a lot recently...or is it that I'm just more removed from the UK guru shite these days...

stuntmovie

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #101 on: October 30, 2017, 08:48:15 AM »
Thanks to some of you GetBiggers from a foreign land (not USA based) I've read and learned more about the NABBA and its competitors than I've heard, read, or learned during my extended life-time.

And I gotta admit that I am impressed. That lineup appears to be more impressive than the Oly lineup of competitors which I'm sure is debatable on this GetBig Board.

But how come these NABBA competitors are not as wil known throughout the world as the IFBB guys and gals are?

Are they given national/international exposure/publicity in any magazine?

And of all the past NABBA winners ... who are most famous?

Excuse my ignorance but the NABBA is entirely unknown by me!

Evo

• Getbig IV
  • you racku disapwin!
« Reply #102 on: October 30, 2017, 09:03:59 AM »
Thanks to some of you GetBiggers from a foreign land (not USA based) I've read and learned more about the NABBA and its competitors than I've heard, read, or learned during my extended life-time.

And I gotta admit that I am impressed. That lineup appears to be more impressive than the Oly lineup of competitors which I'm sure is debatable on this GetBig Board.

But how come these NABBA competitors are not as wil known throughout the world as the IFBB guys and gals are?

Publicity lets NABBA down...

No Flex mag etc pushing BBers.....there have been a few attempts at NABBA magazines....

It was headed up by an incredibly knowledgable, but older board; whom I feel have been a bit slow on the up take re the whole social media thing over the last decade, pushing athletes, publicizing shows etc.  However I think times are changing and we will see a lot more PRO BBers who are non IFBB affiliated - the rise of the PCA and with WABBA/NABBA growing again there seems to be a smidgen of competition in the market place...

Now NAPA nutrition are streaming shows, the profile of said athletes may raise a little, but lets be honest their appeal is rather niche.

Dan-O

• Getbig V
« Reply #103 on: October 30, 2017, 10:16:04 AM »

You've probably heard of some past NABBA Universe winners...  Bill Pearl, Mickey Hargitay (Jayne Mansfield's husband and Mariska's dad), Arnold Schwarzenegger, Dennis Tinerino, Frank Zane, Boyer Coe, Bertil Fox, et al.  The NABBA Universe has quite a long and storied history going back to when John Grimek first won the title in 1948.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Universe_Championships

Simple Simon

« Reply #104 on: October 30, 2017, 10:18:13 AM »
Publicity lets NABBA down...

No Flex mag etc pushing BBers.....there have been a few attempts at NABBA magazines....

It was headed up by an incredibly knowledgable, but older board; whom I feel have been a bit slow on the up take re the whole social media thing over the last decade, pushing athletes, publicizing shows etc.  However I think times are changing and we will see a lot more PRO BBers who are non IFBB affiliated - the rise of the PCA and with WABBA/NABBA growing again there seems to be a smidgen of competition in the market place...

Now NAPA nutrition are streaming shows, the profile of said athletes may raise a little, but lets be honest their appeal is rather niche.

the NABBA website is shit, the UKBFF one is even worse, months before show pics come up

NAPA (supplement company) have no almost taken over the NABBA shows, they live stream and video them, they post pics of competitors free of charge , fucking a lot of photographers off in the process.

Taffin

• Getbig V
  • Training out my gay penor...
« Reply #105 on: October 30, 2017, 11:07:54 AM »
You've probably heard of some past NABBA Universe winners...  Bill Pearl, Mickey Hargitay (Jayne Mansfield's husband and Mariska's dad), Arnold Schwarzenegger, Dennis Tinerino, Frank Zane, Boyer Coe, Bertil Fox, et al.  The NABBA Universe has quite a long and storied history going back to when John Grimek first won the title in 1948.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Universe_Championships

Amateur and Pro level have seen some stellar winners over the years, like Charlie....(I'd mention Lou Ferrigno here but I don't have a spare $20 on me...)

(And yeah, probly shopped, but what they hey...)

T

Simple Simon

« Reply #106 on: October 30, 2017, 11:16:47 AM »

Top 3 tall class, winner Josh 6'6

Simple Simon

« Reply #107 on: October 30, 2017, 11:17:32 AM »

overall....

Simple Simon

« Reply #108 on: October 30, 2017, 04:03:47 PM »

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #109 on: October 30, 2017, 04:11:32 PM »

I don't know what you were watching, but I was not impressed. Korean was good, but not polished.
And the guys in his class were terrible. The overall winner has no chest.

Simple Simon

« Reply #110 on: October 30, 2017, 10:58:09 PM »
I don't know what you were watching, but I was not impressed. Korean was good, but not polished.
And the guys in his class were terrible. The overall winner has no chest.
post a physique from the Olympia that looked as good as the Korean as far as balance and without a distended gut.

Seriously mate you are blind...

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #111 on: October 31, 2017, 01:37:05 AM »
I`d much prefer to look like these guys than any of the Olympia contestants who look pregnant!   :(

IRON CROSS

• Getbig V
« Reply #112 on: October 31, 2017, 01:51:33 AM »
I`d much prefer to look like these guys than any of the Olympia contestants who look pregnant!   :(

yeah ,  :)

Evo

• Getbig IV
  • you racku disapwin!
« Reply #113 on: October 31, 2017, 02:08:49 AM »

Balanced, full, conditioned, nice flow, doesn't look like he's a few hours away from death....

illuminati

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • The Strongest Shall Survive.- - Lest we Forget.
« Reply #114 on: October 31, 2017, 03:09:26 AM »
Balanced, full, conditioned, nice flow, doesn't look like he's a few hours away from death....

As good as he looks in the pics - Much more impressive in the line ups
and from the judges tables & back as his shape/ bone structure/ flow/ muscle size
really show through compared to the other competitors.

As I said Max 2nd place winner in class 3 has a great physique in a similar way
and looks great, - He wasn't in the same league as the Korean & he admitted it
on 1st seeing him.
Korean was that good.

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #115 on: October 31, 2017, 04:20:53 AM »
post a physique from the Olympia that looked as good as the Korean as far as balance and without a distended gut.

Seriously mate you are blind...
Shawn Rhoden.
I think you are forgetting Shawn Rhoden, Dex, Lukas, Lionel Beyeke. Here is an older pic of Shawn

The Korean guy looked good, heads and shoulders above his competition, partly because they were mediocre. What was Greg Kovacs and Don Youngblood lookalikes doing in the line up? That made the Korean dude look even better. Look at that pic of the Korean dude then look at his group. They shouldn't have even been competing, they should have gone home. And that is your only real example. But his abs blurred in certain poses. And his obliques were thick on the sides. If he competes as a pro, he will go down hill fast and these will be the areas that will go. The line up in totality was not as good as a Musclemania line up. Seems like this issue has been imported from America with our NPC level competitors being mediocre compared to 10-15 years ago.

Simple Simon

« Reply #116 on: October 31, 2017, 04:29:55 AM »
Shawn Rhoden.
I think you are forgetting Shawn Rhoden, Dex, Lukas, Lionel Beyeke. Here is an older pic of Shawn

The Korean guy looked good, heads and shoulders above his competition, partly because they were mediocre. What was Greg Kovacs and Don Youngblood lookalikes doing in the line up? That made the Korean dude look even better. Look at that pic of the Korean dude then look at his group. They shouldn't have even been competing, they should have gone home. And that is your only real example. But his abs blurred in certain poses. And his obliques were thick on the sides. If he competes as a pro, he will go down hill fast and these will be the areas that will go. The line up in totality was not as good as a Musclemania line up. Seems like this issue has been imported from America with our NPC level competitors being mediocre compared to 10-15 years ago.

So, you have managed to pick out 4 guys in the Olympia you believe are better than this guy, that's 4 guys in the Olympia, the worlds greatest bodybuilding show.

And the Korean guy was lucky because no one else entered?

Evo

• Getbig IV
  • you racku disapwin!
« Reply #117 on: October 31, 2017, 04:48:57 AM »
So, you have managed to pick out 4 guys in the Olympia you believe are better than this guy, that's 4 guys in the Olympia, the worlds greatest bodybuilding show.

The Korean kid was an amateur 5mins ago and these clowns are already ripping him down because he aint on par with 1% of the Pro Bodybuilders who compete today! FFS only on GB...

It's not that the line up was weak...he was just that good.  There were some world class physqiues there, including former Pros from your oh so precious IFBB.

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #118 on: October 31, 2017, 05:10:46 AM »

Moving goal posts I see. You asked a question. I answered. Now you say, "her der you managed to find four." Well here is four more, Cedric, Brandon Curry, Ramy, Maxx Charles.
Let's put it in perspective. A 2005 NPC USA winning Phil Heath would have wiped the floor with the whole line up of this contest. A 2005 Phil Heath. Yep, we've come a long way, huh?
The Korean kid was an amateur 5mins ago and these clowns are already ripping him down because he aint on par with 1% of the Pro Bodybuilders who compete today! FFS only on GB...

It's not that the line up was weak...he was just that good.  There were a few world class physqiues there, including former Pros from your oh so precious IFBB.
Its not either or, it's a little bit of both.

I think that the IFBB has fallen by the wayside, and by the looks of it, the NABBA. The NPC feeder system hasn't truly produced good competitors in awhile. The true phenoms are in Musclemania and IFPA with up and comers like Donte Franklin.

I think that the Korean guy if he competes in the IFBB will do well in looking like what a bodybuilder should look like, but if the IFBB keeps going in the direction it is going in, he will ruin his lines by trying to meet the standard. If you look at most of the guys from their earlier years, either right before they turned Pro or after, they looked far better. For example, Roelly Winklaar. And even William Bonac has some waist distention now. And this will sadly probably happen to the Korean guy if he competes in the IFBB.

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #119 on: October 31, 2017, 07:10:22 AM »

overall....

christ what a shit physique

weak chest, shit tricepz and a wideass waist :-X

Evo

• Getbig IV
  • you racku disapwin!
« Reply #120 on: October 31, 2017, 07:22:47 AM »

Calm down Charles Clairmonte FFS...the guy is 6'6" with arms longer than your body!

illuminati

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • The Strongest Shall Survive.- - Lest we Forget.
« Reply #121 on: October 31, 2017, 07:27:06 AM »

Says The Ironing Board Man With Tooth pick size arms.... ::)

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #122 on: October 31, 2017, 07:36:06 AM »
Calm down Charles Clairmonte FFS...the guy is 6'6" with arms longer than your body!

;D

Says The Ironing Board Man With Tooth pick size arms.... ::)

tooth pick arms which hammer dip 5 plates a side, vid has been posted here  :D

Evo

• Getbig IV
  • you racku disapwin!
« Reply #123 on: October 31, 2017, 09:01:09 AM »
;D

tooth pick arms which hammer dip 5 plates a side, vid has been posted here  :D
[/quote

Link...

BSN

• Getbig IV