Author Topic: Predator - 30 year anniversary - re-release  (Read 13200 times)

Chidoman

• Getbig IV
  • Me Like'em All!! #Team Kwon All The Way!!
Re: Predator - 30 year anniversary - re-release
« Reply #25 on: November 03, 2017, 04:21:46 PM »
You put Lethal Weapon ahead of the Rambo movies?...... :o

Shit, you're right!...How could have forgotten such a Manly Gem!...The 80's was just a decade of pure indulgent!

Voice of Doom

• Getbig IV
  • Everything is under control.
« Reply #26 on: November 03, 2017, 04:49:54 PM »
Yes, First Blood has some EXCELLENT scenes.  Brian Dennehey is fantastic!   His hard ass sheriff is one of my favorite characters.  It's hard not to include it except that Lethal Weapon took the buddy action movie to a new level.  The end fight scene with Mel and Busey, the jump off the roof scene. Mel's Xmas scene about to eat a bullet.   Riggs showcasing the 16 round Berreta 92 for the first time in a movie...emptying it at fleeing copter, reloading and emptying it again....come on!!

Glover/Murtaugh is one of the best written and acted action characters of ALL time.  It's funny but dark.  Perfect leading actor chemistry that holds up over four movies.

Of course Rambo driving the army truck is fantastic, taking out the cops and falling off the cliff.

Both movies are so good   :D

Fuck...and how can I forget about Robocop and Big Trouble in Little China....

Rambone

• Getbig V
  • “Billy’s taking Art? What the hell for?”
« Reply #27 on: November 04, 2017, 03:58:00 AM »

Jesse Ventura became the first actor in cinema history to fire a hand-held Gatling gun.

He mentioned in an interview that a power cord ran from the gun, down his pant leg, and to a prop guy out of camera view who touched the ends to a car battery to power the thing.

Bill Duke became the second actor to fire the weapon on screen, and Stallone would have been the third in the last Rambo movie, but the gun was too heavy for him. Sly reportedly was able to hold the gun, but couldn't maneuver it quickly enough for the scene's requirements.

Fortress

• Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: November 04, 2017, 07:16:48 AM »
Predator is tied with Terminator as my favourite Arnie movie.

Utterly classic. Have watched it countless times.

Other cinematic love-affairs: Die Hard, First Blood, Rocky (all), The Hunt For Red October, Roadhouse ... and several others.

Eric2

• Getbig IV
« Reply #29 on: November 04, 2017, 08:47:13 AM »
Predator is Arnold's best action movie hands down. Terminator is really good. Yet from an action standpoint Predator offers an element of real fear for the unknown enemy. Predator is a man's action movie. Males rule in this film, and share a comradery unlike any of his other films.  
   Also if you guys have not yet done so. I recommend travel to Puerto Vallarta Mexico. It is there where Predator was filmed. My wife and I went over 20 years ago and visited the set. The building that Arnold threw his big knives into the soldier and said stick around is now or was at the time turned into a cantina. I drank tequila with Mexican federales here. I sat in the actual helicopters used in the film. Hiked the jungle trails and went to the water fall used in the film. Really cool to do this.

Also it must he noted. This movie represents an era of male supremacy in cinema. After the wimpy 70s it was refreshing for movie goers to have Arnold, Stallone, Chuck Norris lead the way with real action sequences using real people real stunts and reAl explosions.
  Today women are the heroes in movies doing all the ass kicking and conquering. Yet because it's not possible in reality the movie industry has to cgi all of the women's heroics due to the impossibility of these actions ever taking place.
   The 80s where a great time for men. Now it's pussified with all these so called tough women.
h

Fortress

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: November 04, 2017, 08:54:39 AM »
Predator is Arnold's best action movie hands down. Terminator is really good. Yet from an action standpoint Predator offers an element of real fear for the unknown enemy. Predator is a man's action movie. Males rule in this film, and share a comradery unlike any of his other films. 
   Also if you guys have not yet done so. I recommend travel to Puerto Vallarta Mexico. It is there where Predator was filmed. My wife and I went over 20 years ago and visited the set. The building that Arnold threw his big knives into the soldier and said stick around is now or was at the time turned into a cantina. I drank tequila with Mexican federales here. I sat in the actual helicopters used in the film. Hiked the jungle trails and went to the water fall used in the film. Really cool to do this.

Does sound cool. But I'll pass.

Mexico is a lawless and quickly-imploding country.

Rambone

• Getbig V
  • “Billy’s taking Art? What the hell for?”
« Reply #31 on: November 04, 2017, 12:28:29 PM »

Also it must he noted. This movie represents an era of male supremacy in cinema. After the wimpy 70s it was refreshing for movie goers to have Arnold, Stallone, Chuck Norris lead the way with real action sequences using real people real stunts and reAl explosions.
  Today women are the heroes in movies doing all the ass kicking and conquering. Yet because it's not possible in reality the movie industry has to cgi all of the women's heroics due to the impossibility of these actions ever taking place.
   The 80s where a great time for men. Now it's pussified with all these so called tough women.

Good stuff

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
« Reply #32 on: November 04, 2017, 06:05:09 PM »

Damn, I forgot about that one.

Guess he had to upstage Jesse.
 ;D

Tarantula157

• Getbig III
« Reply #33 on: November 05, 2017, 02:40:47 PM »

Taffin

• Getbig V
  • Training out my gay penor...