Author Topic: PDI PRO Qualifier Aug 11-12, 2006 - Orlando, FL  (Read 33599 times)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Re: PDI PRO Qualifier Aug 11-12, 2006 - Orlando, FL
« Reply #25 on: April 10, 2006, 08:10:33 PM »
im sure i could get a "puddle jumper flight there"
well see.................if you compete in the PDI your finished as far as the NPC is concerned??

You thinking about it?  You're 40+.  Your window is small already.  The exposure you'd get from THE FIRST PDI AMATEUR QUALIFIER would  be worth 100 times more than scuttlebutting around the NPC for the next 4 years.

Imagine the advantage that a personal trainer would have if he was able to say he competed in the first Mr Universe/Mr Olympia/etc.

Mike, IMO, you're never going to have the exposure, attention, coverage, and opportunity that you will have at that first PDI show.  We all know that MD will be there.  EVERY pro, mag, and sport celebrity will be there to be "seen" as more and more jump in the coming months.

Your alternative would be to enter a fall NPC show.  With 30 people in the crowd.  And zero coverage, on the boards, or in the mags.  But you're a household name on getbig.  This should is your chance to be a leader and establish yourself.

Do it, Mike. 

JMentis

• Pros
  • Getbig III
« Reply #26 on: April 10, 2006, 08:11:26 PM »
Isn't this the same promoter who hosted the IFBB Orlando Pro Show a few years back?? Wasn't there some rumor that he never paid Darrem Charles his money for winning? Whatever ever happened with that?
JM

Oneboss1Rock

• Getbig II
« Reply #27 on: April 10, 2006, 08:12:19 PM »
240, Why do you want to see Mike Arvilla laughed at on-stage? 

WiseGuy

• Getbig IV
« Reply #28 on: April 10, 2006, 08:14:06 PM »
Thats funny sh%t Shawn  ;D     BTW.  Getbig will now be a happy, nicer place for all.  The clowns will leave soon, with newly snipped nuggets, and thrown into the feild of  Haters. 8)

I dont think so dipshit....

::)

michael arvilla

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • facebook.com/michael.arvilla
« Reply #29 on: April 10, 2006, 08:20:25 PM »
240, Why do you want to see Mike Arvilla laughed at on-stage? 

i have re-frained from posting my pics anywhere but my contest thread.................
 but seeing as it's 11:16 at night and i STILL gotta go walk around the stupid neighborhood for 45 mins
for cardio,after working,training,cooking,eating,cooking all day,this is my pic ( 8 weeks out now)
im busting my ass................does it look like im gunna be laughed at on stage???

and the second pic is what i look like after i come home from cardio.................. . ;)

Oneboss1Rock

• Getbig II
« Reply #30 on: April 10, 2006, 08:25:34 PM »
i have re-frained from posting my pics anywhere but my contest thread.................
 but seeing as it's 11:16 at night and i STILL gotta go walk around the stupid neighborhood for 45 mins
for cardio,after working,training,cooking,eating,cooking all day,this is my pic ( 8 weeks out now)
im busting my ass................does it look like im gunna be laughed at on stage???

fuck yeah it looks like you'll be laughed at.  Listen bro, you got a whole lot of body fat on you in that pic.  Once all the fat is gone, and you begin to lose water for the contest you're going to be one tiny little man.  It's really not like me to put people down so I'll leave it at that.  I wish you the best though.  Good luck

michael arvilla

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: April 10, 2006, 08:28:51 PM »
You thinking about it?  You're 40+.  Your window is small already.  The exposure you'd get from THE FIRST PDI AMATEUR QUALIFIER would  be worth 100 times more than scuttlebutting around the NPC for the next 4 years.

Imagine the advantage that a personal trainer would have if he was able to say he competed in the first Mr Universe/Mr Olympia/etc.

Mike, IMO, you're never going to have the exposure, attention, coverage, and opportunity that you will have at that first PDI show.  We all know that MD will be there.  EVERY pro, mag, and sport celebrity will be there to be "seen" as more and more jump in the coming months.

Your alternative would be to enter a fall NPC show.  With 30 people in the crowd.  And zero coverage, on the boards, or in the mags.  But you're a household name on getbig.  This should is your chance to be a leader and establish yourself.

Do it, Mike. 

it be a blast to hang out with Jack (and youself), I'm committed to the June 10th West Palm Beach show

if i do well (BIG IF....I'm not delusional here) i could try and do the PDI show in AUG
(providing Larry and Laura would help me again,and if i had the finaces available,competing is fucking expensive!!!)
food for thought def!
(lol.... .if i come in dead last at the west palm we can pretty much rule out the PDI show)

michael arvilla

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: April 10, 2006, 08:39:33 PM »

f**k yeah it looks like you'll be laughed at.  Listen bro, you got a whole lot of body fat on you in that pic.  Once all the fat is gone, and you begin to lose water for the contest you're going to be one tiny little man.  It's really not like me to put people down so I'll leave it at that.  I wish you the best though.  Good luck

maybe your right bro..............(how the fuck do i know,i have never competed before)
all i can do is try my best ,and try to come in the best shape i possibly can

to be honest with you my biggest fear is "pulling a Vince goodrum"
I'm sure as shit not gunna say " yea mann the west palm beach is my show!!!!!"
well see what happens(if it goes well .PDI possibly)
if not....................l ol  ill kill myself!

JMentis

• Pros
  • Getbig III
« Reply #33 on: April 10, 2006, 08:46:14 PM »
maybe your right bro..............(how the f**k do i know,i have never competed before)
all i can do is try my best ,and try to come in the best shape i possibly can

to be honest with you my biggest fear is "pulling a Vince goodrum"
I'm sure as shit not gunna say " yea mann the west palm beach is my show!!!!!"
well see what happens(if it goes well .PDI possibly)
if not....................l ol  ill kill myself!

Good attitude Mike. Just try your best and remember don't give yourself the oppurtunity to regret on cheating on the diet or not training as hard or not doing the cardio. And whatever happens ...happens. Good luck bro..I'll be there to see you in action and if you pull a Vince...I'll let you know..but I doubt it.
JM

War-Horse

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: April 10, 2006, 08:47:26 PM »
Mike , Mad props to you, bro.   Rip it up and let the cards fall where they may.

War-Horse

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: April 10, 2006, 08:49:50 PM »
I dont think so dipshit....

::)

Say that to my face,  fattie,   YOU =  Meltdown  :-*

michael arvilla

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: April 10, 2006, 08:50:34 PM »
Good attitude Mike. Just try your best and remember don't give yourself the oppurtunity to regret on cheating on the diet or not training as hard or not doing the cardio. And whatever happens ...happens. Good luck bro..I'll be there to see you in action and if you pull a Vince...I'll let you know..but I doubt it.

thanks Jimmy (that means a lot to me right about now!)

michael arvilla

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: April 10, 2006, 08:51:16 PM »
Mike , Mad props to you, bro.   Rip it up and let the cards fall where they may.

will do!!!!

thanks...........

Bigger Business

• Getbig V
  • FKN Gym Wear
« Reply #38 on: April 10, 2006, 08:55:54 PM »

and the second pic is what i look like after i come home from cardio.................. . ;)

Mike you look good man....everythings starting to look the way it should! Stay on it mate!

ps....i hope you didnt walk around the neighbourhood for 45mins dressed like that ;)

NeoSeminole

• Getbig V
  • Ronnie > Dorian
« Reply #39 on: April 10, 2006, 08:58:55 PM »
damn, I might do this show although it's pretty f*cking expensive ($100). Top 2 from each weight class huh? I'd probably enter the up to 175 class.

Cool Black Clyde

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #40 on: April 10, 2006, 09:01:01 PM »
Isn't this the same promoter who hosted the IFBB Orlando Pro Show a few years back?? Wasn't there some rumor that he never paid Darrem Charles his money for winning? Whatever ever happened with that?

Yep.  He still owes Darrem $10,000 and everyone else who placed in that horrible show has a few grand coming.  From everyone who was there, that was the worst promoted show ever.  Folding chairs on a flat floor and no numbers for the assigned seating, so everyone just punched it out over seats.  No rest rooms for competitors or even towels for onstage!  It was a very bad joke.  And then he stiffed everyone.  And now he's promoting for Wayne.  It can't get much lower than this.  That shows how low Wayne had to scrape the bottom of the toilet to get a promoter.  Until Jim Goad pays the top 5 from the Orlando Pro what he owes them I have zero respect for him or Wayne DeMilia.

Bigger Business

• Getbig V
  • FKN Gym Wear
« Reply #41 on: April 10, 2006, 09:03:21 PM »
Yep.  He still owes Darrem $10,000 and everyone else who placed in that horrible show has a few grand coming.  From everyone who was there, that was the worst promoted show ever.  Folding chairs on a flat floor and no numbers for the assigned seating, so everyone just punched it out over seats.  No rest rooms for competitors or even towels for onstage!  It was a very bad joke.  And then he stiffed everyone.  And now he's promoting for Wayne.  It can't get much lower than this.  That shows how low Wayne had to scrape the bottom of the toilet to get a promoter.  Until Jim Goad pays the top 5 from the Orlando Pro what he owes them I have zero respect for him or Wayne DeMilia.

Has he paid wayne the licence fee yet?

In that case will this show even happen?

http://golfaustralia.blogspot.com

War-Horse

• Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: April 10, 2006, 09:04:03 PM »
Neo, You look good man.  But this board has alot of haters so just ignore em.    I would recommend some power lifting to you....need a couple more years to move to that level.

JMentis

• Pros
  • Getbig III
« Reply #43 on: April 10, 2006, 09:07:44 PM »
Yep.  He still owes Darrem $10,000 and everyone else who placed in that horrible show has a few grand coming.  From everyone who was there, that was the worst promoted show ever.  Folding chairs on a flat floor and no numbers for the assigned seating, so everyone just punched it out over seats.  No rest rooms for competitors or even towels for onstage!  It was a very bad joke.  And then he stiffed everyone.  And now he's promoting for Wayne.  It can't get much lower than this.  That shows how low Wayne had to scrape the bottom of the toilet to get a promoter.  Until Jim Goad pays the top 5 from the Orlando Pro what he owes them I have zero respect for him or Wayne DeMilia.

PDI cannot afford one bad event. Everything needs to be top notch for a year or 2 for it to make a stand to draw athletes and sell tickets. After a good 2 year run and some real investment dollars I think the PDI will draw more 1st tier athletes and sell more tickets which the PDI will have enough cash flow to move forward and make a return on thier initial investment. If not, kiss it goodbye...and it's WBF all over again.
JM

JMentis

• Pros
  • Getbig III
« Reply #44 on: April 10, 2006, 09:15:19 PM »
damn, I might do this show although it's pretty f*cking expensive ($100). Top 2 from each weight class huh? I'd probably enter the up to 175 class.

You look great!!! Keep it up!!

I think your cat ate your food while you were taking the pic. Can't let that happen brother when you want to grow. The tuperware should always be arm length away....LOLOL
JM

michael arvilla

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #45 on: April 10, 2006, 09:16:32 PM »
Mike you look good man....everythings starting to look the way it should! Stay on it mate!

ps....i hope you didnt walk around the neighbourhood for 45mins dressed like that ;)

thanks bro!!!
i havent left yet to do my frickin cardio yet!!!!!(i know i know lol im going)

Laura is sleeping so i was trying to take a pic ..........i got this (looks like my abs are melting!!)

lol.........oh well im off now for that 45 min walk..........

Insider XYZ

• Getbig II
« Reply #46 on: April 10, 2006, 09:18:34 PM »

At least one member of the top 5 received all of their prize money. The others were on a payment plan, and receiving payments UNTIL Manion decided he didn't want Goad to promote anymore shows for the NPC. Now, at least let the guy keep promoting until he can pay off his debts to the competitors. NOW, the reason he went into debt and the show lost money in the first place (please remember, this show took place right at the same time Demilla was being ousted):

1). AMI pulled promised advertising from Flex and Muscle & Fitness. So, the show had no nationals advertising (only local).

2). Goad was given his show date at the end of the previous year. After his date was set, and he booked the venue, etc... Manion goes on and decides to put his Pittsburgh State and IFBB Figure show on the same weekend. This was bad, but Goad had worked it out with the sponsors to where they would send two teams (one to Manion's show, and one to Orlando Pro), so he would still get sponsor revenue. Nope... Manion told the sponsors that they could not do this, and if they did, they wouldn't be allowed to sponsor any NPC or IFBB shows in the future.

So, with no advertising to generate an audience (to generate revenue), no sponsorships (to generate revenue), and not being allowed to promote any more NPC shows (to generate reveneue), things ended up the way they did. Now, think about this... in the past, if a situation had arisen where the promoter was unable to pay the prize money, Wayne simply took care of it, and then the promoter was indebted to Wayne. With Wayne ousted at this time, how come the new person in charge, or anyone in the IFBB, step up to make sure that the competitors were paid?

Bigger Business

• Getbig V
  • FKN Gym Wear
« Reply #47 on: April 10, 2006, 09:23:42 PM »
At least one member of the top 5 received all of their prize money. The others were on a payment plan, and receiving payments UNTIL Manion decided he didn't want Goad to promote anymore shows for the NPC. Now, at least let the guy keep promoting until he can pay off his debts to the competitors. NOW, the reason he went into debt and the show lost money in the first place (please remember, this show took place right at the same time Demilla was being ousted):

1). AMI pulled promised advertising from Flex and Muscle & Fitness. So, the show had no nationals advertising (only local).

2). Goad was given his show date at the end of the previous year. After his date was set, and he booked the venue, etc... Manion goes on and decides to put his Pittsburgh State and IFBB Figure show on the same weekend. This was bad, but Goad had worked it out with the sponsors to where they would send two teams (one to Manion's show, and one to Orlando Pro), so he would still get sponsor revenue. Nope... Manion told the sponsors that they could not do this, and if they did, they wouldn't be allowed to sponsor any NPC or IFBB shows in the future.

So, with no advertising to generate an audience (to generate revenue), no sponsorships (to generate revenue), and not being allowed to promote any more NPC shows (to generate reveneue), things ended up the way they did. Now, think about this... in the past, if a situation had arisen where the promoter was unable to pay the prize money, Wayne simply took care of it, and then the promoter was indebted to Wayne. With Wayne ousted at this time, how come the new person in charge, or anyone in the IFBB, step up to make sure that the competitors were paid?

why/how could they do this if it was an ifbb endorsed event??

http://golfaustralia.blogspot.com

NeoSeminole

• Getbig V
  • Ronnie > Dorian
« Reply #48 on: April 10, 2006, 09:32:36 PM »
Thanks War and JMentis, I've been doing a lot of squats and deadlifts to add more size. I'm 21 yrs old going up guys 10-15 yrs older than me in bodybuilding contests. So I've been literally busting my ass in the gym to narrow the gap between us.

Bigger Business

• Getbig V
  • FKN Gym Wear
« Reply #49 on: April 10, 2006, 09:36:39 PM »
Thanks War and JMentis, I've been doing a lot of squats and deadlifts to add more size. I'm 21 yrs old going up guys 10-15 yrs older than me in bodybuilding contests. So I've been literally busting my ass in the gym to narrow the gap between us.

try training with someone bigger/stronger more experienced than you...

that always makes you push