Author Topic: President Trump interceded and saved those UCLA basketball players in China  (Read 16234 times)

werewolf operative

Re: President Trump interceded and saved those UCLA basketball players in China
« Reply #50 on: November 15, 2017, 02:12:14 PM »

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #51 on: November 15, 2017, 02:13:22 PM »
It's not about the thank you.  It's about putting the media on defense. 

The media is used to putting Republicans on defense so they never get to communicate their ideas effectively.   They are usually too busy saying "I'm not mean, I'm not as racist, I don't hate disabled people".

Trump gets out ahead of a lot of these situations.  In a sane world, your point of view would be correct.  Unfortunately, now everything is politicized and everything is a fight.  If you don't play the game you get trampled.

While he occasionally goes overboard I think his tactic is correct.  It's pretty much the only weapon he has because the political deck is stacked against him big time.

I do agree with you that Trumps reaction is a reaction to the media. Trump would likely not have responded like he does if the media didn't respond the way they do. This is the difficulty with any relationship--it becomes a vicious cycle. Each entity feeds into the other entity. But, of course, since the mass media has such a huge influence over the population, they are going to be able to "push" Trumps buttons more.
X

Pray_4_War

• Getbig V
  • Thot Expert
« Reply #52 on: November 15, 2017, 03:14:21 PM »
Thanks Obama!

RIP Otto Warmbier.

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #53 on: November 15, 2017, 03:35:21 PM »
It's pretty clear Trump likes to use the Twitter to troll people and institutions that deserve it.  I think those three shitheads fall into that category.  Again, good for Trump--trolling shouldn't be the exclusive domain of the biased, liberal media. :)

Didn't he troll a gold star family?

Dan-O

• Getbig V
« Reply #54 on: November 15, 2017, 03:41:53 PM »
Didn't he troll a gold star family?

Absolutely not, but that waste of skin Frederica Wilson tried to twist the story to make it look like he did.  Listen to the actual call for yourself:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/video/politics/watch-a-gold-star-family-react-to-trumps-phone-call/2017/10/19/a8ef3736-b515-11e7-9b93-b97043e57a22_video.html?utm_term=.3082e12af4b8

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #55 on: November 15, 2017, 03:42:19 PM »
It's not about the thank you.  It's about putting the media on defense. 

The media is used to putting Republicans on defense so they never get to communicate their ideas effectively.   They are usually too busy saying "I'm not mean, I'm not as racist, I don't hate disabled people".

Trump gets out ahead of a lot of these situations.  In a sane world, your point of view would be correct.  Unfortunately, now everything is politicized and everything is a fight.  If you don't play the game you get trampled.

While he occasionally  always goes overboard I think his tactic is correct juvenile.  It's pretty much the only weapon he has because the political mental deck is stacked against him big time.

fixed

werewolf operative

« Reply #57 on: November 15, 2017, 03:47:42 PM »

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #58 on: November 15, 2017, 08:46:15 PM »
Should have left them. Period. But now that they’re here UCLA should have pulled their scholarships and send them back down to a Juco. I know athletes than have done much less but their universities had the integrity to kick them out or transfer. On the other hand, Trump just secured the black vote for his next Presidential win.

NelsonMuntz

• Getbig V
  • Getbigs Most Positive Member March&October 2017
« Reply #59 on: November 15, 2017, 09:10:19 PM »
They got caught stealing at 3 stores.

The players were being held in a communist China. Trump stepped in and really saved those kids.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2744402-donald-trump-says-liangelo-ball-ucla-players-were-headed-for-10-years-in-jail

kinda ironic when the chinese steal every idea/invention etc and counterfeit it
"

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #61 on: November 19, 2017, 09:57:23 AM »
Hahaha

Donald J Trump

“Now that the three basketball players are out of China and saved from years in jail, LaVar Ball, the father of LiAngelo, is unaccepting of what I did for his son and that shoplifting is no big deal. I should have left them in jail!”

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #62 on: November 19, 2017, 10:00:33 AM »
Hahaha

Donald J Trump

“Now that the three basketball players are out of China and saved from years in jail, LaVar Ball, the father of LiAngelo, is unaccepting of what I did for his son and that shoplifting is no big deal. I should have left them in jail!”

Just saw this on his twitter feed...lol

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #63 on: November 19, 2017, 10:05:30 AM »
Just saw this on his twitter feed...lol

His Twitter is hilarious. Every time he tweets something thousands of little pajama boy libtards get bent out of shape with their responses. By far the greatest troll ever.

illuminati

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • The Strongest Shall Survive.- - Lest we Forget.
« Reply #64 on: November 19, 2017, 10:10:25 AM »
His Twitter is hilarious. Every time he tweets something thousands of little pajama boy libtards get bent out of shape with their responses. By far the greatest troll ever.

Ha Ha - I bet Trump Like The Rest of us is laughing at the Libtards
And does it To See Them Getting Forever Worked Up.  ;D

mazrim

• Getbig V
« Reply #65 on: November 19, 2017, 10:12:40 AM »
What did the dad do/say?

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #66 on: November 19, 2017, 10:13:00 AM »
Ha Ha - I bet Trump Like The Rest of us is laughing at the Libtards
And does it To See Them Getting Forever Worked Up.  ;D

It seems like Trump is the one throwing a temper tantrum about not being acknowledged/praised. That's actually the funniest thing about this whole situation.  :D :D
X

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #67 on: November 19, 2017, 10:13:58 AM »
What did the dad do/say?

“Who?” Ball said when Markazi raised the topic. “What was he over there for? Don’t tell me nothing. Everybody wants to make it seem like he helped me out,” he added.

"I’m happy with how things were handled. A lot of people like to say a lot of things that they thought happened over there. Like I told him, “They try to make a big deal out of nothing sometimes.” I’m from L.A. I’ve seen a lot worse things happen than a guy taking some glasses. My son has built up enough character that one bad decision doesn’t define him. Now if you can go back and say when he was 12 years old he was shoplifting and stealing cars and going wild, then that’s a different thing."
X

werewolf operative

« Reply #69 on: November 19, 2017, 10:15:32 AM »

mazrim

• Getbig V
« Reply #70 on: November 19, 2017, 10:22:42 AM »
“Who?” Ball said when Markazi raised the topic. “What was he over there for? Don’t tell me nothing. Everybody wants to make it seem like he helped me out,” he added.

"I’m happy with how things were handled. A lot of people like to say a lot of things that they thought happened over there. Like I told him, “They try to make a big deal out of nothing sometimes.” I’m from L.A. I’ve seen a lot worse things happen than a guy taking some glasses. My son has built up enough character that one bad decision doesn’t define him. Now if you can go back and say when he was 12 years old he was shoplifting and stealing cars and going wild, then that’s a different thing."
Does he not know that it happened in China, lol? That's a lot different then LA. Trump should have made an agreement that they would be let go but to let them sweat it out for at least a month with no idea what was going to happen to them. Obviously, won't learn much of a lesson from his daddy so maybe that would have helped.

Didn't say a word until he got him back then starts talking again. He basically just made excuses for a pretty well off adult stealing.

illuminati

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #71 on: November 19, 2017, 10:23:31 AM »
It seems like Trump is the one throwing a temper tantrum about not being acknowledged/praised. That's actually the funniest thing about this whole situation.  :D :D

Maybe Maybe not
I get the impression Trump isnt as daft as he makes out
and he likes to wind people up.

He does "Wear his heart on his sleeve"
And is not A slick talking fork tongued career politician.

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #72 on: November 19, 2017, 10:27:35 AM »
Does he not know that it happened in China, lol? That's a lot different then LA. Trump should have made an agreement that they would be let go but to let them sweat it out for at least a month with no idea what was going to happen to them. Obviously, won't learn much of a lesson from his daddy so maybe that would have helped.

Didn't say a word until he got him back then starts talking again. He basically just made excuses for a pretty well off adult stealing.

I actually thought they should have been tried and convicted in China.

I find it quite annoying that many young Americans think they can go to other countries and do whatever they want. Do I agree with the harsh discipline of China? Nope, I do not. But, those are their laws. If you visit, respect their laws. Don't do the crime, if you can't do the time. Trump should have let the 3 basketball players handle their own business.
X

illuminati

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #73 on: November 19, 2017, 10:29:25 AM »

I find it quite annoying that many young Americans think they can go to other countries and do whatever they want. Do I agree with the harsh discipline of China? Nope, I do not. But, those are their laws. If you visit, respect their laws. Don't do the crime, if you can't do the time. Trump should have let the 3 basketball players handle their own business.

X2
Thats what should of happened

Fallsview

• Getbig V
  • Mr. Gulf Coast 1994,95,99
« Reply #74 on: November 19, 2017, 10:31:18 AM »

STOP PM'ING ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'M FALLSVIEW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!