Author Topic: Sarah Silverman: 'I fell in love with' Trump voters  (Read 1158 times)

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
Sarah Silverman: 'I fell in love with' Trump voters
« on: November 22, 2017, 08:23:24 AM »
In the words of political genius Scott Adams - "Their Trump Hysteria Bubble is being deflated"

http://thehill.com/blogs/in-the-know/in-the-know/361333-sarah-silverman-i-talked-to-trump-voters-i-fell-in-love-with

Comedian Sarah Silverman says that while producing her Hulu series, she met many supporters of President Trump and people with opinions different from her own — and had a "great time" with them.

“When you’re one-on-one with someone who doesn’t agree with you, or whose ideology is different than yours, when you’re face-to-face, your porcupine needles go down,” said Silverman, who headlines "I Love You, America," according to The Hollywood Reporter.

“The surprise was … I fell in love with them. I had a great time with them and I felt comfortable.

Silverman said she always tries to be open and "engage with someone who is angry at me."

"Because more than anything, all of us, what we have in common is, we want to feel seen. We want to feel like we exist," she said.

Still, Silverman went after Trump himself.

"We're waiting for him to hit bottom," she said. "There’s no bottom. It’s bottomless."

The comedian, who supported Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-Vt.) and then Hillary Clinton in last year's election, has been a regular critic of the president, including joining those who continue to call on him to release his tax returns.

Silverman also commented on the growing number of women coming forward to allege sexual misconduct against men in power.

“It seems to me that we’re going through a moment in time that’s vital, and there will be detritus,” she said.

“I think it’s a kind of putting a healthy fear in men … It has to change, so that’s why things have to be hard right now, and people should be afraid and think before they act. That’s a good thing.”

Starts @ 1:20

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
Re: Sarah Silverman: 'I fell in love with' Trump voters
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2017, 08:38:04 AM »
^ Like Howard's always said!  :D

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2017, 08:41:05 AM »
Yeah, I do believe it's true.  It's so much easier to attack through "social media" and on message boards and things, than it is in person.  IRL people can't hit and run so easily, for one thing.

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2017, 08:51:27 AM »
You're fine as hell baby girl but I disagree with you politically.

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2017, 04:11:03 PM »
I watched her recently on TV and learned something, or at least was reminded of something. You can't change an emotional position with facts. Either side. If this board has shown anything it has shown for the most part, people argue their position, they don't necessarily try to see what the other person is saying. I catch myself doing it.
Her goal was to go into Trump land and interview people while avoiding raising their defenses. She had to bite her tongue many times on things some of them said, but she listened and asked questions. At the end of the day, she learned something and they might have learned something. Much more effective than simply debating

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2017, 04:19:25 PM »
As much as I want to believe she's sincere, lets see what happens next week. So far as much hate as this guy gets, very few can argue against his political stance which is why all the left can do is demonize him....they don't know why, but they do.

Moontrane

• Getbig V
  • a Harris administration, together with Joe Biden
« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2017, 05:11:49 PM »
In the words of political genius Scott Adams - "Their Trump Hysteria Bubble is being deflated"

http://thehill.com/blogs/in-the-know/in-the-know/361333-sarah-silverman-i-talked-to-trump-voters-i-fell-in-love-with

Comedian Sarah Silverman says that while producing her Hulu series, she met many supporters of President Trump and people with opinions different from her own — and had a "great time" with them.

“When you’re one-on-one with someone who doesn’t agree with you, or whose ideology is different than yours, when you’re face-to-face, your porcupine needles go down,” said Silverman, who headlines "I Love You, America," according to The Hollywood Reporter.

“The surprise was … I fell in love with them. I had a great time with them and I felt comfortable.

Silverman said she always tries to be open and "engage with someone who is angry at me."

"Because more than anything, all of us, what we have in common is, we want to feel seen. We want to feel like we exist," she said.

Still, Silverman went after Trump himself.

"We're waiting for him to hit bottom," she said. "There’s no bottom. It’s bottomless."

The comedian, who supported Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-Vt.) and then Hillary Clinton in last year's election, has been a regular critic of the president, including joining those who continue to call on him to release his tax returns.

Silverman also commented on the growing number of women coming forward to allege sexual misconduct against men in power.

“It seems to me that we’re going through a moment in time that’s vital, and there will be detritus,” she said.

“I think it’s a kind of putting a healthy fear in men … It has to change, so that’s why things have to be hard right now, and people should be afraid and think before they act. That’s a good thing.”

Starts @ 1:20

It reads, in part, like s description of a trip to a petting zoo.  ::)