Author Topic: Sen. Al Franken Accused of Sex Attacks; Disturbing Photo Posted Online  (Read 9554 times)

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
Re: Sen. Al Franken Accused of Sex Attacks; Disturbing Photo Posted Online
« Reply #75 on: November 22, 2017, 10:14:44 AM »
Poll: 22 Percent in Minnesota Say Franken Shouldn't Resign
By Brian Freeman    |   Wednesday, 22 Nov 2017

Only 22 percent of Minnesotans said Sen. Al Franken should remain in office following sexual harassment allegations leveled against him, according to a KSTP/SurveyUSA poll released on Wednesday.

Another 33 percent said he should resign, while 36 percent said he should wait for results of a Senate Ethics Committee investigation.

Other results of the survey show:

Although there were only minor differences between males and females on the question, there was quite a disparity according to party affiliation.

Among Democrats, 34 percent said he should remain in office, 14 percent said he should resign and 46 percent said he should wait for the results of the investigation.

Among Republicans, 12 percent said he should remain in office, 61 percent said he should resign and 18 percent said he should wait for the conclusion of the probe.

When asked if Franken will be effective if he stays in office, 32 percent of those polled said he would be, while 37 percent said he would not be effective and 32 percent said they were not sure.

Franken's approval rating has plummeted from 53 percent last November to only 36 percent. Minnesota's other senator, Amy Klobuchar, has an approval rating of 56 percent. President Donald Trump's approval rating in the state is 31 percent.

Franken has said that he does not plan to resign, although he has not made any public appearances for nearly a week.

However, following the poll, his deputy chief of staff Ed Shelleby released a statement from Franken:

"I know I've let people down and disappointed a lot of people — many Minnesotans, my family and my friends," Franken said in the statement. "To all of them let me say I'm so sorry. And I hope you know I'm committed to regaining your trust."

The poll was conducted between Nov. 20 and 21 among 600 Minnesota adults across the state. It includes 23 percent of respondents who identify as Republicans, 25 percent Democrats and 44 percent independents. The poll has a margin of error of +/- 4.1 percent.

https://www.newsmax.com/politics/poll-us-minnesota-al-franken/2017/11/22/id/827697/

so you believe surveys now?

here's another one for you

Poll: Majority says Moore should be expelled if elected to Senate

Sixty percent of those surveyed in a Quinnipiac University poll released Tuesday said the Senate should vote to remove Moore should the GOP candidate win the December special election, while 28 percent said it should not.

http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/361384-poll-majority-believes-moore-should-be-expelled-if-elected

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #76 on: November 22, 2017, 11:15:18 AM »
But 30% of the Alabama public don't believe the allegations

Pray_4_War

• Getbig V
  • Thot Expert
« Reply #77 on: November 22, 2017, 04:29:39 PM »
You guys have to see this video about Creepy Joe Biden.  So disgusting and inappropriate........wit h children not even grown women.

mazrim

• Getbig V
« Reply #78 on: November 23, 2017, 06:13:28 AM »
You guys have to see this video about Creepy Joe Biden.  So disgusting and inappropriate........wit h children not even grown women.

Wow, why do the fathers/mothers, etc. just stand there? It most certainly looks like he is a perv but even if he is just extremely socially awkward he needs to hear it in a manner where he won't do it again. No way would I stand there and let that stuff go. The stroking the face stuff is really creepy and the three kiss attack of the little girl.

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #79 on: November 23, 2017, 09:53:25 AM »
Wow, why do the fathers/mothers, etc. just stand there? It most certainly looks like he is a perv but even if he is just extremely socially awkward he needs to hear it in a manner where he won't do it again. No way would I stand there and let that stuff go. The stroking the face stuff is really creepy and the three kiss attack of the little girl.

Why? It's the same reason women allow men in the position of power to do things to them they wouldn't allow in a bar. Psychologists have written books on it. So parents stand there smiling uncomfortably instead of intervening when they see the Vice President of the United States acting like a perv. And yes, I agree someone likely a peer that has no worries about repercussions should pull him aside and tell him how he is coming off. If that doesn't work then bring his staff into the conversation. If that doesn't work make a public statement.