Author Topic: Daddy's Home 2 - Discussion and Opinions  (Read 4315 times)

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
Re: Daddy's Home 2
« Reply #25 on: November 19, 2017, 10:59:14 AM »
Agreed,the only thing I liked Farrell in is step brothers.One of the best comedy movies ever.

Step Brothers was pretty good.

But, Farrell has been type casted and plays the same role all the time. After you've seen one funny movie with him in it, you've seen them all.
X

ratherbebig

• Getbig V
  • if you got more than 10k you're gay
« Reply #26 on: November 19, 2017, 11:26:17 AM »

Simple Simon

« Reply #27 on: November 19, 2017, 02:20:53 PM »
how could anyone want to watch a film like this????

NelsonMuntz

• Getbig V
  • Getbigs Most Positive Member March&October 2017
« Reply #28 on: November 19, 2017, 06:04:50 PM »
I laughed when I saw that the studios were not happy that Justice League only grossed $96 million in the US this weekend lol

time for them to get real.

If they charged half as much they would have made $192 million this weekend.

Most people except movie snobs don't care about minor details in a fucking kvie, they want to be entertained and have their belief held back for 90-120 minutes, ie thats is why they want to watch stuff in movies that does not happen in real life, hell half the stuff in based on bios movies are utter horseshit, I like Johnny cash's music for example but they made it seem in the movie like he stopped drugs and cheating on June at the end, when he basically spent the rest of his life doing the opposite.

People want escape when being entertained but they are not willing to shell out $62 dollars for 90-120 minutes when they can go out for date night, eat chicken wings, watch a band/karaoke and get 3-4 pitchers of beer for the same price, then waddle home and fuck

$62? That's shizzo beer and cigarette money for the weekend, and he gets the condoms he uses on his John's for free from the street outreach workers. Why would he go to a movie
"

Fortress

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: November 19, 2017, 07:08:17 PM »
how could anyone want to watch a film like this????

I totally agree.

Especially a manly man. Comedies are fine on, say, TV, but going to see one at a theatre?

robcguns

• Getbig V
  • Founder of the proud straight white male movement
« Reply #30 on: November 19, 2017, 07:17:21 PM »

But, Farrell has been type casted and plays the same role all the time. After you've seen one funny movie with him in it, you've seen them all.

He tries to hard and you can easily see it.

robcguns

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: November 19, 2017, 07:18:45 PM »
I totally agree.

Especially a manly man. Comedies are fine on, say, TV, but going to see one at a theatre?

I was jut saying this the other day.Why would a grown ass man go see a comedy at the theater,does seem weird to me.i usually only go to theater once every few years and it’s always to see a horror movie.

mazrim

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: November 19, 2017, 07:25:47 PM »
He tries to hard and you can easily see it.
It's really bad when you see these guys try so hard to be funny in interviews. They simply aren't.

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #33 on: November 19, 2017, 07:28:15 PM »
I️ was jut saying this the other day.Why would a grown ass man go see a comedy at the theater,does seem weird to me.I️ usually only go to theater once every few years and it’s always to see a horror movie.

The comedy movies I posted on the first page are all acceptable to see in the movie theater (in my opinion). But, comedy was much different back in the day. These days, Id never go see a comedy in the theater. Only horror and some action (John Wick). I think Ive been to the theater 2 times in the last 7 years. I saw "IT" and "John Wick 2."
X

robcguns

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: November 19, 2017, 07:30:19 PM »
The comedy movies I posted on the first page are all acceptable to see in the movie theater (in my opinion). But, comedy was much different back in the day. These days, Id never go see a comedy in the theater. Only horror and some action (John Wick). I think Ive been to the theater 2 times in the last 7 years. I saw "IT" and "John Wick 2."

Yeah the movies you listed are much different from the crap today and i definitely saw a couple of those in the theater.I was going to see IT  but never made it.

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #35 on: November 19, 2017, 07:34:34 PM »
Yeah the movies you listed are much different from the crap today and i definitely saw a couple of those in the theater.I was going to see IT  but never made it.

For the most part, I dislike comedy. I never understood why comedy movies are even made. They are pointless. I like movies that have a good story line/plot. Comedy movies rarely ever have intricate story lines/plots--they are usually horribly made and have no strong plot. It's just throwing a bunch of actors together and having them try to be as funny as possible. Meh.

I also enjoy psychological thrillers and/or war movies.
X

SOMEPARTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: November 19, 2017, 07:35:12 PM »
The new Thor movie was great IMO.

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #37 on: November 20, 2017, 05:43:19 AM »

[/youtube]

ratherbebig

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: November 20, 2017, 05:46:32 AM »

but you also havent been out of the house more than 2 times in the last 7 years

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #39 on: November 20, 2017, 06:06:54 AM »
but you also havent been out of the house more than 2 times in the last 7 years

K
X

ratherbebig

• Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: November 20, 2017, 06:12:39 AM »
the no of great movies in the theater the last 7 years... boy that's a long list... must be a 100 or so.

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #41 on: November 20, 2017, 06:25:26 AM »

"IT" was worth seeing in the theater.
X

SuperTed

• Getbig V
  • Rebirth
Re: Daddy's Home 2 - Discussion and Opinions
« Reply #42 on: November 20, 2017, 06:39:54 AM »
Slapstick comedies are usually shit. Dark humour is the funniest type.
Mel Gibson is the only reason why I might watch Daddy's Home 2. I have no idea how anyone can find Will Ferrell funny. He's just so OTT.