Author Topic: The NFL ratings slump is getting worse  (Read 9554 times)

biff

• Getbig IV
Re: The NFL ratings slump is getting worse
« Reply #25 on: November 25, 2017, 05:54:02 AM »
What about game attendance statistics? Or merchandise sales?

I don't think a 5-6% drop in television ratings is hurting their pockets yet.

the biggest hit to their pockets will come when its time for new broadcast rights deals, and the networks offer less money, and advertisers pay less for the same reason. 
because of that the salary cap will decrease, and you will see some real crying from players.

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #26 on: November 25, 2017, 03:29:35 PM »
I bet the ratings are worse than they let on.  To tell the truth would mean the networks would lose major revenue from cable and commercials.  I think this is the first time in history where ratings deception is at play. I put on a game last Sunday to see how many empty seats there were and I think they altered the seat pictures. They were completely blurry and impossible to see empty seats. Most of the seats were purchased prior to the season. Next year will be the telling year.

Pray_4_War

• Getbig V
  • Thot Expert
« Reply #27 on: November 25, 2017, 04:41:21 PM »
Let it burn
Wanna let it burn
Wanna let it burn
Wanna wanna let it burn

SOMEPARTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: November 25, 2017, 05:16:17 PM »
There's plenty of college football to watch. They should just pay college players a little now.

2ND COMING

• Getbig V
  • Might is right.
« Reply #29 on: November 25, 2017, 05:30:57 PM »
Gee, that’s awful :'(

https://nypost.com/2017/11/22/the-nfl-ratings-slump-is-getting-worse/amp/

The TV audience for NFL games steepened its slide in Week 11, losing 1 million viewers versus last year’s season-to-date average.

The 6.3 percent slump — worsening from comparable declines of 5.6 to 5.7 percent during the previous three weeks — plagued a week whose off-the-field drama made gridiron tackling seem almost tame by comparison.

The sport was approaching over-saturization as it was, if not there already.

The NBA has no problem with this  ???

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #30 on: November 26, 2017, 01:26:28 AM »
BASKETBALL 🏀 >>>>>>>>> footdull

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #32 on: February 09, 2021, 07:22:23 AM »
TV Ratings: Super Bowl Hits 14-Year Low
Hollywood Reporter ^ | 2-08-2021 | Rick Porter
Posted on 2/9/2021,

Super Bowl LV was, as the game always is, the most watched television broadcast of the year. Sunday's game, however, is the least watched NFL championship game since 2007. The Tampa Bay Buccaneers' 31-9 victory over the Kansas City Chiefs averaged 96.4 million viewers across all platforms, including CBS, ESPN Deportes and streaming on CBS Sports, NFL and Verizon digital and mobile properties. It's down about 5.5 percent from last year's all-in audience and the smallest total tune-in for a Super Bowl since 93.18 million people watched Super Bowl XLI in 2007.

(Excerpt) Read more at hollywoodreporter.com ...

B_MyT_2

• Getbig III
  • Kwon is the ungayer of every thread on this site!
« Reply #33 on: February 09, 2021, 07:41:21 AM »
TV Ratings: Super Bowl Hits 14-Year Low
Hollywood Reporter ^ | 2-08-2021 | Rick Porter
Posted on 2/9/2021,

Super Bowl LV was, as the game always is, the most watched television broadcast of the year. Sunday's game, however, is the least watched NFL championship game since 2007. The Tampa Bay Buccaneers' 31-9 victory over the Kansas City Chiefs averaged 96.4 million viewers across all platforms, including CBS, ESPN Deportes and streaming on CBS Sports, NFL and Verizon digital and mobile properties. It's down about 5.5 percent from last year's all-in audience and the smallest total tune-in for a Super Bowl since 93.18 million people watched Super Bowl XLI in 2007.

(Excerpt) Read more at hollywoodreporter.com ...

#fakenews

I don't use/have twitter, but I watch tons of YT and there was so much trending on there about it that I have a hard time believing that.  It was between two of the best qb's in the game.....when has that not been a big draw.  The left media just the the twitterverse is just pissed Brady won, and Mahommes got rocked.

I swear, the left can turn anything into racism or oppression these days.  IMO they are actually on the edge of restarting true racism again.  I think that's what they and the Dems want, but I don't know why?

Iron-Muscle

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #34 on: February 09, 2021, 10:48:46 AM »

I swear, the left can does turn anything into racism and/or oppression these days.  IMO they have implemented true racism again, worse than ever before in history.  its what the Dems want, but I don't know why? I do, total control, take out whitey, invite 80 millions illegals (dem voters) and keep control.

fixed

B_MyT_2

• Getbig III
  • Kwon is the ungayer of every thread on this site!
« Reply #35 on: February 09, 2021, 08:54:49 PM »
fixed

I'm ok with the fix.

I agree with your agenda theory.  What point is power once you've turned it into a 3rd world country?   No one will be working, so where will they get the money to rip off people, and pull off their personal schemes.  Besides, the biggest abusers are Pelosi, Schumer, Bernie, and Biden.  They are all old, and going to be dead soon so what's the point?  AOC and Omar have seemed to mastered the scheming early so I get why they would do it.