Author Topic: Trump accuser lobbied to be his makeup artist  (Read 854 times)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
Trump accuser lobbied to be his makeup artist
« on: December 18, 2017, 07:32:23 PM »
Something is rotten in the state of Denmark.

Trump accuser lobbied to be his makeup artist months before her sex assault allegations roiled campaign
BY JOHN SOLOMON - 12/18/17

A New York cosmetics executive who publicly alleged Donald Trump sexually assaulted her in the 1990s repeatedly solicited the future president to become his campaign makeup artist and to pitch her new product line in the months before her story roiled the 2016 race, according to the woman and her contemporaneous emails.

“Hi Donald, you are doing a tremendous job of shaking things up in the United States. I am definitely on Team Trump as so many others are,” Jill Harth wrote the future president in an Oct. 1, 2015, email sent to him through his New York company’s headquarters. 

“I can’t watch television without seeing you or hearing your name everywhere! It’s a good thing for sure but PLEASE let me do your makeup for a television interview, a debate, a photo session, anything!” Harth wrote.

“It kills me to see you looking too orange and with white circles under the eyes. I will get your skin looking smoother and even toned,” she added, boasting she would “sculpt your face” to look good on high-definition television sets.

In another email seeking to meet Trump personally, Harth offered to be a campaign surrogate willing to tell voters how the future president “helped me with my self-confidence and all positive things about how he is with women.”   

The emails use starkly different language than the words Harth used in both a withdrawn 1997 federal lawsuit and a series of late 2016 campaign interviews in which she accused Trump of sexually assaulting her more than two decades ago. Harth is one of 19 women who have reportedly accused Trump of sexual misconduct.

Harth acknowledged to The Hill that between the summer of 2015 and early 2016, as the presidential campaign was gearing up, she approached Trump’s corporate assistant and sent personal appeals directly to Trump seeking the business.

She said she asked to be hired as his campaign makeup artist, to have Trump consider investing in her new male cosmetics product line and to ask the future president to be the pitchman for her “Made Man” trademarked line of male beauty products.

“In 2015 I was very excited about a new men’s cosmetic product line that I had developed and needed a prominent spokesperson. And after discussions with my business associate she thought Donald Trump would be ideal. I called Trump's executive assistant who asked me to put everything in writing by email with a formal proposal for Trump,” Harth said.

Harth said the “flattering nature” of her business pitches “were necessary to satisfy Trump’s 'huge' ego” and that the passage of time had left her feeling comfortable asking for a job that would put her in close proximity to a man she accused of sexually assaulting years before.

“Yes, I had moved on but had not forgotten the pain he brought into my life,” she said, saying she underwent therapy to deal with her prior experiences. “I was older, wiser. Trump was married to Melania and I had hoped he was a changed man.”

Harth, a popular New York City makeup artist who owns her own cosmetics company, volunteered the story of her efforts to get hired by Trump during an interview in early December with The Hill about an unrelated topic: her relationship with well-known women’s rights attorney Lisa Bloom.

Trump’s lawyers subsequently gave The Hill the contemporaneous emails Harth sent to the future president to confirm her account about her business solicitations. The Hill then interviewed her again this weekend. Harth's emails surfaced publicly during the 2016 presidential race.

Trump has steadfastly denied assaulting or harassing women, even after a videotape surfaced in September 2016 in which he can be heard boasting that famous men like him can grab women by the genitals without consequence. Trump has dismissed the tape as "locker-room talk."

Trump’s legal team declined comment Monday about Harth’s emails or her efforts to secure business help at the start of the campaign.

Harth said she started the lobbying efforts in summer 2015 as Trump’s improbable upstart presidential campaign was taking shape by sending an email to Trump’s longtime business assistant Rhona Graff, and then penned an email directly to the future president.

Eventually, she said, she got a chance to make her pitch in person when she scored VIP tickets to one of his campaign events in South Carolina and met Trump backstage.

“I went to a rally for Trump in January 2016 in South Carolina. We met and we had an understanding that we would let ‘sleeping dogs lie’ in regards to that old complaint,” she emailed The Hill, describing the encounter.

The emails to Trump show Harth personally made the request to meet him at the South Carolina event and made a total of four different requests to do the president’s makeup, the first being sent on Aug. 6, 2015, to Graff.

Harth wrote Graff that she had a “winner of a project that I want to approach Mr. Trump with” and that “I also would like to show my support for Donald and his campaign.

She added, “He knows better than anybody how important image is. He still looks great after all the time I’ve known him, since 1992, but I can make him look even better.”

In a Jan. 5, 2016, email to Graff, she also volunteered to attest publicly that Trump treated women nicely, including herself.

“I also want to put it out there that I would be willing to say at a rally or somewhere how [Trump] helped me with my self-confidence and all positive things about how he is with women to counter any potential negativity that may come out at some point in the campaign,” she wrote to Graff.

“I have always been very fond of Donald and I CARE about him,” Harth wrote to Graff in August.

In her 1997 lawsuit and during the 2016 campaign, Harth alleged that during a January 1993 meeting at Trump’s Mar-a-Lago resort, the future president pushed her up against a wall and groped her, trying to get his hands up her dress.

Harth explained she never intended to resurrect the 1997 lawsuit or its allegations and had made peace in her mind about Trump, and that reporters forced her name unwillingly into the public domain when they discovered her old litigation.

She said she turned negative on Trump after hearing him deny her allegations. “Having to retell my experiences of Donald Trump's harassment is the hardest thing I've ever had to do,” she stated.

“Once the media rediscovered the complaint, Donald responded to it by repeatedly denigrating and disparaging me and releasing an old National Enquirer article from the '90s that he planted,” she said.

Harth dismissed any suggestion that her prior effort to win business from Trump early in the campaign or the donor support she received should affect the public’s view about her allegations, which she said are true.

“These continued attacks on accusers and our lawyers is what makes it so hard for women to speak out, even now,” she stated.

Today, she says Trump should be removed from office.

“I firmly believe Trump should resign or be investigated and impeached. Leopards don’t change their spots,” she told The Hill. 

The connection between Harth’s business interests and her accusations have been intertwined for the past two years. Harth said she asked prominent lawyer Bloom to represent her after media attention to her sexual assault allegations began hurting her business in fall 2016.

Bloom eventually started a GoFundMe.com online fundraising effort to help Harth and located a donor that paid off Harth’s mortgage on her Queens apartment in New York City.

When Bloom went on TV once to defend her client, Harth touted a corresponding spike in the sales of her cosmetic products, according to a text message Harth sent the lawyer and a mutual friend.

“Omg Lisa!!! I got 87 orders!!!!” Harth texted. “My friend said you talked abut [sic] me on national tv and gave my website!!!! I can not thank you enough.”

http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/365533-trump-accuser-lobbied-to-be-his-makeup-artist-months-before-her-sex

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
  • Pan Germanism, Pax Britannica
Re: Trump accuser lobbied to be his makeup artist
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2017, 07:44:20 PM »
Fucking a, no one is reading that wall of text!

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2017, 08:02:19 PM »
Fucking a, no one is reading that wall of text!

Too complicated?  Try this.

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2017, 08:22:15 PM »
Seems to me, when you claim someone sexually assaulted you and then later you flatter them and try to do business with them, you lost your right to later bring up the sexual assault allegations, regardless if they are true or not.

mazrim

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2017, 07:46:23 AM »
From what I remember most of his accusers during the election had been shown to be false/lying due to dates, witnesses, etc. so not surprised another one falls.

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2017, 11:27:03 AM »
From what I remember most of his accusers during the election had been shown to be false/lying due to dates, witnesses, etc. so not surprised another one falls.

Yes, according to FOX they were all proven to be lying.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2017, 11:31:08 AM »

I watch Fox quite a bit and never heard them say that.  But maybe I missed it.  Who specifically at Fox said this? 

mazrim

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: December 19, 2017, 12:14:58 PM »

I don't watch fox. I'm surprised to hear that you do, though.

Who said "all", btw, MiniGrasping?

Pray_4_War

• Getbig V
  • Thot Expert
« Reply #8 on: December 19, 2017, 02:01:44 PM »
Something is rotten in the state of Denmark.

Trump accuser lobbied to be his makeup artist months before her sex assault allegations roiled campaign
BY JOHN SOLOMON - 12/18/17

A New York cosmetics executive who publicly alleged Donald Trump sexually assaulted her in the 1990s repeatedly solicited the future president to become his campaign makeup artist and to pitch her new product line in the months before her story roiled the 2016 race, according to the woman and her contemporaneous emails.

“Hi Donald, you are doing a tremendous job of shaking things up in the United States. I am definitely on Team Trump as so many others are,” Jill Harth wrote the future president in an Oct. 1, 2015, email sent to him through his New York company’s headquarters. 

“I can’t watch television without seeing you or hearing your name everywhere! It’s a good thing for sure but PLEASE let me do your makeup for a television interview, a debate, a photo session, anything!” Harth wrote.

Hahahaha!

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #9 on: December 19, 2017, 04:25:09 PM »
Seems to me, when you claim someone sexually assaulted you and then later you flatter them and try to do business with them, you lost your right to later bring up the sexual assault allegations, regardless if they are true or not.

agreed

she forfeited her right to be offended by Trumps sexual assault

I guess that just leaves the other 16 women

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: December 19, 2017, 06:16:37 PM »
agreed

could be a low as a bakers dozen though... What cracks me up is the Donald told the world exactly what he does... women over the years had been alleging that very thing, and yet, all he has to do is say "I was just kidding" and people believe he is innocent of the allegations.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #11 on: December 19, 2017, 06:24:29 PM »
agreed

Did he grab your pussy?

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: January 08, 2018, 09:23:48 AM »
Hillary Clinton backer paid $500G to fund women accusing Trump of sexual misconduct before Election Day, report says
By Robert Gearty   | Fox News

One of Hillary Clinton’s wealthy pals paid $500,000 in an unsuccessful effort to fund women willing to accuse President Trump of sexual misconduct before the 2016 election, The New York Times reported Sunday.

Susie Tompkins Buell, the founder of Esprit Clothing and a major Clinton campaign donor for many years, gave the money to celebrity lawyer Lisa Bloom who was working with a number of Trump accusers at the time, according to the paper’s bombshell report.

Bloom solicited donors by saying she was working with women who might “find the courage to speak out” against Trump if the donors would provide funds for security, relocation and possibly a “safe house,” the paper reported.

Former Clinton nemesis turned Clinton operative David Brock also donated $200,000 to the effort through a nonprofit group he founded, the paper reported in an article entitled, “Partisans, Wielding Money, Begin Seeking to Exploit Harassment Claims.”

Bloom told the Times that the effort was unproductive. One woman requested $2 million then decided not to come forward. Nor did any other women.

Bloom said she refunded most of the cash, keeping only some funds for out-of-pocket expenses accrued while working to vet and prepare cases.

The lawyer told the paper she did not communicate with Clinton or her campaign “on any of this.”

She also maintained that she represented only clients whose stories she had corroborated and disputed the premise that she offered money to coax clients to come forward, the paper reported.

Insight from Daniel Halper, contributing editor with the Washington Free Beacon and author of 'Clinton Inc.'
“It doesn’t cost anything to publicly air allegations,” Bloom said. “Security and relocation are expensive and were sorely needed in a case of this magnitude, in a country filled with so much anger, hate and violence.”

The Times article said it learned of Buell and Brock's connection to Bloom from two Democrats familiar with the financial arrangements who also said Bloom’s law firm kept the money from Brock's nonprofit group but refunded the $500,000 that Buell contributed.

Brock declined comment, according to the paper.

Clinton campaign representatives said they were unaware of his work with Bloom.

Buell would not comment on the financial arrangement, according to the Times.

Still, she claimed she was frustrated that Trump had escaped the repercussions that have befallen many other powerful men accused of similar misconduct.

The Times article expanded on a report in The Hill two weeks ago that said that worked with campaign donors and tabloid media outlets during the final months of the presidential election to arrange compensation for the alleged Trump victims and a commission for herself, offering to sell their stories.

Fox News contributor tells Vanity Fair to 'get a backbone' after the magazine apologizes for mocking the failed presidential nominee.Video
Tomi Lahren: Why are we apologizing to Hillary Clinton?
In one case Bloom reportedly arranged for a donor to pay off one Trump accuser’s mortgage and attempted to score a six-figure payout for another woman.

The woman with the mortgage ultimately declined to come forward after being offiered $750,000, The Hill reported.

The paper reported reviewing one email exchange between one woman and Bloom that suggested political action committees supporting Hillary Clinton were solicited, without naming which ones.

Bloom, who is the daughter of famous attorney Gloria Allred and, like her mother, specializes in representing women in sexual harassment cases, worked for four women who were considering accusing Trump. Two went public, and two declined.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/12/31/hillary-clinton-backer-paid-500g-to-fund-women-accusing-trump-sexual-misconduct-before-election-day-report-says.html

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #13 on: January 08, 2018, 09:42:06 AM »
Hillary Clinton backer paid $500G to fund women accusing Trump of sexual misconduct before Election Day, report says
By Robert Gearty   | Fox News

One of Hillary Clinton’s wealthy pals paid $500,000 in an unsuccessful effort to fund women willing to accuse President Trump of sexual misconduct before the 2016 election, The New York Times reported Sunday.

Susie Tompkins Buell, the founder of Esprit Clothing and a major Clinton campaign donor for many years, gave the money to celebrity lawyer Lisa Bloom who was working with a number of Trump accusers at the time, according to the paper’s bombshell report.

Bloom solicited donors by saying she was working with women who might “find the courage to speak out” against Trump if the donors would provide funds for security, relocation and possibly a “safe house,” the paper reported.

Former Clinton nemesis turned Clinton operative David Brock also donated $200,000 to the effort through a nonprofit group he founded, the paper reported in an article entitled, “Partisans, Wielding Money, Begin Seeking to Exploit Harassment Claims.”

Bloom told the Times that the effort was unproductive. One woman requested $2 million then decided not to come forward. Nor did any other women.

Bloom said she refunded most of the cash, keeping only some funds for out-of-pocket expenses accrued while working to vet and prepare cases.

The lawyer told the paper she did not communicate with Clinton or her campaign “on any of this.”

She also maintained that she represented only clients whose stories she had corroborated and disputed the premise that she offered money to coax clients to come forward, the paper reported.

Insight from Daniel Halper, contributing editor with the Washington Free Beacon and author of 'Clinton Inc.'
“It doesn’t cost anything to publicly air allegations,” Bloom said. “Security and relocation are expensive and were sorely needed in a case of this magnitude, in a country filled with so much anger, hate and violence.”

The Times article said it learned of Buell and Brock's connection to Bloom from two Democrats familiar with the financial arrangements who also said Bloom’s law firm kept the money from Brock's nonprofit group but refunded the $500,000 that Buell contributed.

Brock declined comment, according to the paper.

Clinton campaign representatives said they were unaware of his work with Bloom.

Buell would not comment on the financial arrangement, according to the Times.

Still, she claimed she was frustrated that Trump had escaped the repercussions that have befallen many other powerful men accused of similar misconduct.

The Times article expanded on a report in The Hill two weeks ago that said that worked with campaign donors and tabloid media outlets during the final months of the presidential election to arrange compensation for the alleged Trump victims and a commission for herself, offering to sell their stories.

Fox News contributor tells Vanity Fair to 'get a backbone' after the magazine apologizes for mocking the failed presidential nominee.Video
Tomi Lahren: Why are we apologizing to Hillary Clinton?
In one case Bloom reportedly arranged for a donor to pay off one Trump accuser’s mortgage and attempted to score a six-figure payout for another woman.

The woman with the mortgage ultimately declined to come forward after being offiered $750,000, The Hill reported.

The paper reported reviewing one email exchange between one woman and Bloom that suggested political action committees supporting Hillary Clinton were solicited, without naming which ones.

Bloom, who is the daughter of famous attorney Gloria Allred and, like her mother, specializes in representing women in sexual harassment cases, worked for four women who were considering accusing Trump. Two went public, and two declined.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/12/31/hillary-clinton-backer-paid-500g-to-fund-women-accusing-trump-sexual-misconduct-before-election-day-report-says.html

$$$$ well spent