Author Topic: Marijuana and Bodybuilding...  (Read 26832 times)

coltrane

• Getbig IV
Re: Marijuana and Bodybuilding...
« Reply #100 on: April 20, 2006, 12:52:53 PM »
All kidding aside...if you are serious about bodybuilding you wont smoke weed.  And if you think it's harmless...think again.

king

• Getbig III
« Reply #101 on: April 20, 2006, 01:50:24 PM »
please explain

Johnny Apollo

« Reply #102 on: April 21, 2006, 09:15:49 AM »
All kidding aside...if you are serious about bodybuilding you wont smoke weed.  And if you think it's harmless...think again.

Marijuana is completly safe when used in moderation. Safer than say Tylenol.

coltrane

• Getbig IV
« Reply #103 on: April 21, 2006, 09:55:14 AM »
you're living in a fools paradise...but, if you like it, I guess thats all that matters...I may be just more dedicated to bodybuilding than some.  And yes, years ago in college I was a pothead...workouts suffered, diet suffered, energy/strength suffered, etc, etc....and after quitting for good, my fitness and bodybuilding have gotten much better.  Just voicing my opinion.

Johnny Apollo

« Reply #104 on: April 21, 2006, 10:13:39 AM »
you're living in a fools paradise...but, if you like it, I guess thats all that matters...I may be just more dedicated to bodybuilding than some.  And yes, years ago in college I was a pothead...workouts suffered, diet suffered, energy/strength suffered, etc, etc....and after quitting for good, my fitness and bodybuilding have gotten much better.  Just voicing my opinion.

Calling me a "fool" doesn't make you any less wrong.

Marijuana has been shown to INCREASE apetite. So now we all know you're a liar.

pumpster

• Getbig V
  • If you're reading this you have too much free time
« Reply #105 on: April 21, 2006, 11:06:39 AM »
you're living in a fools paradise...but, if you like it, I guess thats all that matters...I may be just more dedicated to bodybuilding than some.  And yes, years ago in college I was a pothead
Stop thinking in absolutes, just once. Smoking in moderation involves minor negatives that are outweighed by positives, nothing like your severe experiences as a pothead.

Nice smoke-free highs:

Pot butter preparation that can be used in brownies, cookies, on toast, etc.:

Classic version:

1) Heat butter or cooking oil using low heat on the stove.

2) Simmer the weed for 1/2 hour, mixing regularly to ensure the oil or butter isn't burned-the heat just be just shy of the temperature that will cause it to burn. A "light" batch will use less weed, and keep in mind that potency is much higher than the same quantity when smoked.

3) Let sit for 5 minutes then strain the pot butter (using a coffee filter or cheesecloth) into a small bowl.

4) Once cool enough to handle, filter through a coffee filter or cheesecloth, disgard remnants.

5) Cover the butter/oil and refrigerate until semi-solid.

7) Mix this into a simple brownie mix or use elsewhere as a butter substitute.

Second version:

The procedure is simple. Bring a pot of water to a rolling boil, then put butter in.

Then put the grass in (he separates all the seeds first so he can plant them in the nearby park.) Now all the grass is riling around with the water and butter: the cannabinoids dissolve into the butter, while most of the nasty flavors and gook dissolve into the water. Stir regularly.

After cooking the grass like this for a while (say, half an hour), kitchen really smells incriminating. He strains out the spent plant matter, squeezes all the juice out of it, and puts the liquid in the fridge.

A few hours later, the mixture is cool enough that the cannabutter has solidified on the surface. It looks kind of scummy, but its just enchanted butter. He scoops it out and retains it in a bowl or a jar. The grass-nasty water is thrown out.

Although this method takes longer than the usual saute-n-strain method, it has several advantages:
* As explained above, the nasty shit is separated and removed from the fun shit.
* You can make stronger cannabutter than by saute-ing, because you can cook more grass in the same amount of butter, due to the extra volume of the water.
* There is no danger of burning the precious, price-inflated, hard and dangerous to obtain herb, as there is when you saute, because the water keeps the whole mixture at boiling temperature!

The cannabutter can be used just like butter, in brownies, on garlic bread,
or mixed with honey on your finger!

coltrane

• Getbig IV
« Reply #106 on: April 21, 2006, 11:20:19 AM »
Johnny Apollo--when i say "diet suffered"---this doesn't mean loss of appetite.  This means you eat less beneficial foods when you're stoned than when youre not....I don't know of anyone who whips up a dozen eggs whites on a normal basis when they've got the munchies...So, how am I a liar?  Lay off the dope and pay atttention to details.

--Need I say more?

Johnny Apollo

« Reply #107 on: April 21, 2006, 11:45:10 AM »
Johnny Apollo--when i say "diet suffered"---this doesn't mean loss of appetite.  This means you eat less beneficial foods when you're stoned than when youre not....I don't know of anyone who whips up a dozen eggs whites on a normal basis when they've got the munchies...So, how am I a liar?

Then you don't know many marijuana smokers. Many Weight lifters use it to gain apetites. 

Lay off the dope and pay atttention to details.

--Need I say more?

I don't smoke marijuana.

coltrane

• Getbig IV
« Reply #108 on: April 21, 2006, 02:45:42 PM »
I've been doing this 14+ years and never have seen or heard of another serious bodybuilder that smokes marijuana for the sole benefit of increasing their appetite.  That is a ridiculous comment.  Oh man, I forgot, Arnold lit up at the end of Pumpin' Iron....he MUST have done it for the increase in appetite he gained....COME ON DUDE!!

Bodies

• Getbig III
« Reply #109 on: April 26, 2006, 10:33:12 PM »
I does help to get those last two meals in.  And, yes, you can use it to help you eat more clean food.

king

• Getbig III
« Reply #110 on: April 27, 2006, 12:10:04 AM »
indeed it does...

Dredlock Rasta

• Getbig III
  • Can't trust shadows after dark
« Reply #111 on: April 27, 2006, 02:32:11 PM »
I does help to get those last two meals in.  And, yes, you can use it to help you eat more clean food.

The last thing I want to eat when I'm high is chicken breast, tuna, or egg whites. I don't know about you all but when I'm high all I want is McDonald's, Taco Bell, Pizza Hut, etc.
Don't let em fool ya

coltrane

• Getbig IV
« Reply #112 on: April 28, 2006, 04:55:43 AM »
proved my point exactly!

210 and growing

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #113 on: April 28, 2006, 05:54:56 AM »

Well - i am going training legs tonight then Im gonna get stoned as a mu tha. Friday night treat !!  ;D

Rock88

• Getbig I
  • Getbig!
« Reply #114 on: April 28, 2006, 06:14:30 AM »
Thanx everybody for posting. I just got back on here and needed a good laugh. On the subject, My Uncle smokes weed whens he is bulking and it seemed to work for him. But he has a hard time gaining weight and he is a 58. I on the other hand smoke weed and work out. I have a easy time bulking, but a hard time cutting.

coltrane

• Getbig IV
« Reply #115 on: April 28, 2006, 07:19:18 PM »
too many "munchies" breakdowns?

FREAKgeek

• Getbig V
  • Fan of the Golden Era
« Reply #116 on: April 28, 2006, 09:04:47 PM »
If any of you even lift weights regularly you should have no problem with an appetite.

candidate2025

• Getbig IV
  • chillin out relaxing
« Reply #117 on: April 29, 2006, 06:41:28 PM »
If any of you even lift weights regularly you should have no problem with an appetite.
tis is true....but getting high makes anyhting fun.    you could just look at a chair for an hour and it would be funner than watching a funny movie when your not stoned.  really, it saves me money, because i dotnhave to buy anything to entertain myself!
d[-_-]b actin all cool

coltrane

• Getbig IV
« Reply #118 on: May 01, 2006, 05:23:35 AM »
try reading a newspaper or, if you can't read, at least watch the news...don't you realize you are rotting away?  Try to do things to better yourself instead of watching chairs...(wow)

BallzDeep69

« Reply #119 on: May 01, 2006, 07:08:02 PM »
tis is true....but getting high makes anyhting fun.    you could just look at a chair for an hour and it would be funner than watching a funny movie when your not stoned.  really, it saves me money, because i dotnhave to buy anything to entertain myself!

Besides weed!

Damn I haven't smoked in a couple years, since I moved to Hawaii that is and I need a Honolulu connection, ANYBODY?  ;D     

Wait did I just say that I lived in Hawaii and haven't smoked weed?  WTF is wrong with me?!

Well actually I did smoked about a gram or less about a year ago and got stupid for a few days...

Don Miracle

• Getbig II
« Reply #120 on: May 02, 2006, 02:30:28 PM »
Why not grow it?

Manthus_X

• Getbig II
« Reply #121 on: May 03, 2006, 01:09:05 AM »
Wow... I found this topic and had to read it... made me laugh my ass off. Seriously laugh my ass off.. so funny.

Sure weed is bad for you, but is that a reason not to do it... almost all the good stuff is bad for you in one way or another so if your going to live your life worrying then its best to just not leave your house incase you get T boned on your way to work... car accidents are going up, watch out man.

All the people who are so narrow minded are the ones that make me laugh... WEED IS THE DEVIL ITS SO BAD FOR YOU... pff you sound like women, crying about how your gonna live two years longer than me because I smoked weed when I was young. Its funny how everything you say is so high and mighty, your always right... someones shit is someones gold... its all about perspective. So don't sit there and say IT CAN'T or it WONT because youve "heard" or "knew" people who did this and that when they were stoned. Yea the steriotypical view is that stoners are lazy but that doesn't mean all or even most are... its basically put that way because of high school of collage kids who smoke it and play vids. What else do they got to do other than party and study?

I usto smoke weed a lot, and I mean a lot. When I was younger and still smoking the stuff I would smoke before school, during, and after... and yea at first it made me lazy, well not lazy but more mellow and just made me want to just "chill out"

I usto get the munchies on weed but before I stopped it didn't effect my appetite at all, well it didn't really ever make me wana buy munchies but my friends always did so I ate them anyways... haha

As for health, its not worse than cigeretes for your lungs, but it isn't any better... The main reason its so bad is not because of chemicals but the fact your inhaling smoke... from a fire.. so no way thats good. Obviously a pipe or joint is the worse, bong doesn't decrease it much but a tiny bit.. a vaporizer does a lot and is by far the healthiest way to go but for me I bought one and it didn't do anything, it was sopsto save weed and your lungs but it seemed to waste weed and not get me high. (maybe I cheaped out by only spending 100 bucks, but 600 was outa my range then)

Did it benifit me at any time, yes... A LOT, the most common way was by making anything fun as hell. Any song I listened to was 100x times better than normal.. in fact I could sit in my room and smoke some weed, before I noticed a hour was gone and I had a blast.. haha, I drive better stoned because I don't speed as much and concentrate more by not talking to friends or taking my eyes of the road. I could focus on anything more beit a book, writing, work, women... mainly becuase it made anything so fun.

As for working out, it actually helped me a lot. Long time ago, maybe a year before I found this site I was working out on-and-off somtimes weeks off and sometimes steady. I was using a different full body routine then so I worked out if not every day every other. After I started working on the rigs id come home too tired, all I would do is eat and read.. or watch tv. After I started smoking weed again I started working out everyday. When I stopped I went back to the on-off routine untill recently I became more serious. Basically I would be tired as hell at work and be like "shit im too tired to work out today, all im gonna do is go home, smoke a joint and relax" Id get home and blaze up and before I knew it I was thinking "hell why not work out... what else am I gonna do cept sit around" the soreness and tiredness from work was gone and I was excited about working out.. when only 30mins before I didn't have the energy to think about it.

Oh I also seemed to get a better sleep on weed, I didn't have the stay awake with stray thoughts kidna thing.. I just hit the bed and poof im out. Again thats just me and I know some people who are your steriotypical stoner who don't do anything but burn out.. cant keep jobs ect... but thats not to say all of it is bad. Its like anything, even a work out program, what works for some might not work for others.

X

younggunz

• Getbig II
« Reply #122 on: May 03, 2006, 10:14:00 AM »
In all honesty unless u have been stoned u don’t kno,and all people react differently, I myself have had benefits from weed, the biggest plus is that I become sooo in tuned with my body I can really feel every muscle/bone down to the smallest fibers in my body and thats a huge plus, its kinda like a check-up on my own body, feelings pains, density etc. but it has also allowed me to open up my mind in a lot of ways and see things from many perspectives, I have grown a lot mentally, although most of u will call me a typical wack "STONER" weed can take u to different mind sets, plus sleep is much better and apatite is better, but it sucks when im dieting. Plus if u kno its gona be an uneventful night anyways might as well enjoy it high makes everything more relaxed and fun. oh oh and SEX high is awesome so in tuned to each others body and stuff actually unexplainable, its kinda like "E" but not nearly intense. if u learn how to use weed its a completely different "drug", and as an open minded matured adult weed can be used as helpful tool and add some fun.  plus theirs no health issue.        but that my 2 cents

coltrane

• Getbig IV
« Reply #123 on: May 03, 2006, 12:40:44 PM »
Absolutely ridiculous..........I give up

The Master

• Getbig V
« Reply #124 on: May 03, 2006, 01:01:21 PM »
Absolutely ridiculous..........I give up

Hey there Xkol