Author Topic: Trump attorney sends Bannon cease and desist letter over 'disparaging' comments  (Read 4330 times)

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
You mean the bizarro world where you think Clinton is innocent and Sanders would make a great president (because you voted for him)?
                 crooked hillary rotten clinton is a non-factor... trump only brings her up as a distraction. to deflect people looking at his disaster of a presidency so far. maybe he can turn it around in 2018 one can only hope.. ::) ::) ::) ::)
F

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
LOL

His is how delusional you are. You actually expect any reasonable well informed person to take anything from Joe Scarborough (Morning Schmoe), Trumps #1 liberal hater on cable, the one that said Trump wasn’t fit for office (and worse) and expect anything from that to be even close to credible? You’re trolling

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
                 crooked hillary rotten clinton is a non-factor... trump only brings her up as a distraction. to deflect people looking at his disaster of a presidency so far. maybe he can turn it around in 2018 one can only hope.. ::) ::) ::) ::)

Was this sarcasm?

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
His is how delusional you are. You actually expect any reasonable well informed person to take anything from Joe Scarborough (Morning Schmoe), Trumps #1 liberal hater on cable, the one that said Trump wasn’t fit for office (and worse) and expect anything from that to be even close to credible? You’re trolling

What doe Scarborough have to do with hearing the author of the book say he stands behind everything in it

When he eventually goes on Fox and Friends and says the exact same thing will you then pretend the issue is that no well informed person will "take anything" from Fox and Friends

If the author gives an interview with Breitbart and says the exact same thing will you then say no one should "take anything" from Breitbart

Trumptard logic at it's best

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
The thing is, and this bears repeating. Even if everything in the book is true, it doesn't matter one bit other than give CNN something to talk about for the next 6 months. Not one Trkump supporter will change their view, not one anti trumpster will change their view. 63 million americans had to know Trummp was this way and they still voted for him. This book is a non issue

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
What doe Scarborough have to do with hearing the author of the book say he stands behind everything in it

When he eventually goes on Fox and Friends and says the exact same thing will you then pretend the issue is that no well informed person will "take anything" from Fox and Friends

If the author gives an interview with Breitbart and says the exact same thing will you then say no one should "take anything" from Breitbart

Trumptard logic at it's best

I see. Was that before or after this came out this morning?

"I Said Whatever Was Necessary to Get the Story"

As Today show co-anchor Savannah Guthrie repeatedly questioned his credibility on Friday, Fire and Fury author Michael Wolff declared that he stood by “absolutely everything” in his Trump-trashing book. Despite that assertion, he later admitted to using deceptive tactics: “I certainly said what was ever necessary to get the story.”

Guthrie began by quoting President Trump’s criticism of the book: “Well, the President, obviously as you know, tweeted about you last night. He says, ‘I authorized zero access to the White House,’ actually turned you down ‘many times.’ Says he’d ‘never spoke’ to you for the book, ‘It’s full of lies, misrepresentations and sources that don't exist.” So as good a place to start as any, did you talk to the President?’” Wolff snidely replied: “What was I doing there if he didn’t want me to be there?”

The morning show host repeated her question: “Well, let me ask you, did you talk to President? Did you interview him for this book?” Rather than simply say yes, Wolff gave this equivocating response: “I absolutely spoke to the President. Whether he realized it was an interview or not, I don’t know, but it certainly was not off the record.”

Guthrie reiterated moments later that “the President is saying it’s full of lies” and that Wolff “didn’t have the access” he claimed to have. He whined: “You know, I think we – one of the things we have to count on is that Donald Trump will attack, he will send lawyers’ letters. This is a 35-year history of how he approaches everything.”

She pressed: “Do you have recordings of some of these interviews and some of these conversations?...Would you release any of those recordings, since your credibility is being questioned?” Wolff sneered: “My credibility is being questioned by a man who has less credibility than perhaps anyone who has ever walked on Earth at this point.”

Wrapping up the exclusive sit-down, Guthrie pointed out: “Your former editor at Vanity Fair, Graydon Carter, said he wasn’t surprised you’d written this explosive book, he was surprised they let you in the door at the White House. Are you surprised?” Wolff remarked: “You know, no. I’m a nice guy.” She replied: “Did you flatter your way in?” Wolff proclaimed: “I certainly said what was ever necessary to get the story.”

As the Washington Post detailed on Wednesday, Wolff has a long history of getting facts wrong or even making things up.

Here are relevant portions of the January 5 interview in which Guthrie challenged Wolff’s credibility:

7:13 AM ET

(...)

SAVANNAH GUTHRIE: Well, the President, obviously as you know, tweeted about you last night. He says, “I authorized zero access to the White House,” actually turned you down “many times.” Says he’d “never spoke” to you for the book, “It’s full of lies, misrepresentations and sources that don't exist.” So as good a place to start as any, did you talk to the President?  

MICHAEL WOLFF: What was I doing there if he didn’t want me to be there?

GUTHRIE: Well, let me ask you, did you talk to President? Did you interview him for this book?

WOLFF: I absolutely spoke to the President. Whether he realized it was an interview or not, I don’t know, but it certainly was not off the record.

(...)

7:15 AM ET

WOLFF: I spent – and this was really sort of the point of the book – I spoke to people who spoke to the President on a daily, sometimes minute-by-minute basis. So this book was really – I mean, in a sense, there was one question on my mind when I began this book: “What is it like to work with Donald Trump? How can you work with Donald Trump? And what is the – how do you feel, having worked with Donald Trump?

GUTHRIE: And I want to get to the substance which you’ve written in the book in a moment, but just to clear this up, because the President is saying it’s full of lies. That you didn’t have the access you said you had.

WOLFF: You know, I think we – one of the things we have to count on is that Donald Trump will attack, he will send lawyers’ letters. This is a 35-year history of how he approaches everything.

GUTHRIE: Do you have recordings of some of these interviews and some of these conversations?

WOLFF: Well, I work like every journalist works. So I have recordings, I have notes. I am certainly and absolutely in every way comfortable with everything I’ve reported in this book.

GUTHRIE: Would you release any of those recordings, since your credibility is being questioned?

WOLFF: My credibility is being questioned by a man who has less credibility than perhaps anyone who has ever walked on Earth at this point.        

GUTHRIE: Before I leave it. I will say the President, the tweet alludes to, quote, “your past.” It says – I assume referring to a profile about you in 2004 in the New Republic. The reporter said of you, “The scenes in your writing aren’t recreated so much as created, springing from Wolf’s imagination rather than actual knowledge of the facts.”  

WOLFF: I’ve written many books. I've written millions upon millions of words. I don’t think there has ever been one correction.

GUTHRIE: So you stand by everything in the book? Nothing made up?  

WOLFF: Absolutely everything in the book.

(...)

7:21 AM ET

GUTHRIE: Your former editor at Vanity Fair, Graydon Carter, said he wasn’t surprised you’d written this explosive book, he was surprised they let you in the door at the White House. Are you surprised?

WOLFF: You know, no. I’m a nice guy.  I go in and –

GUTHRIE: Did you flatter your way in?

WOLFF: I certainly said what was ever necessary to get the story.

(...)

https://www.newsbusters.org/blogs/nb/kyle-drennen/2018/01/05/wolff-journalists-clothing-i-said-whatever-was-necessary-get-story

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
Hey Phony "coach" are you really truly this stupid

This is a transcript of the video I posted

tell us what part of this you imagine supports your point of view?

You think the fact that he flattered Trumptard in order to gain access means the content of the book is false

That seems to be what you're implying but that's so fucking stupid, even for you, that I just want to double check

btw - there is a good article in the New Yorker about how the Chinese government knows this about Trump and have been using it to their advantage (and to the disadvantage of our country)

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
Hey Phony "coach" are you really truly this stupid

This is a transcript of the video I posted

tell us what part of this you imagine supports your point of view?

You think the fact that he flattered Trumptard in order to gain access means the content of the book is false

That seems to be what you're implying but that's so fucking stupid, even for you, that I just want to double check

btw - there is a good article in the New Yorker about how the Chinese government knows this about Trump and have been using it to their advantage (and to the disadvantage of our country)

“I authorized Zero access to White House (actually turned him down many times) for author of phony book! I never spoke to him for book. Full of lies, misrepresentations and sources that don’t exist. Look at this guy’s past and watch what happens to him and Sloppy Steve!”

You really need to keep up

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
“I authorized Zero access to White House (actually turned him down many times) for author of phony book! I never spoke to him for book. Full of lies, misrepresentations and sources that don’t exist. Look at this guy’s past and watch what happens to him and Sloppy Steve!”

You really need to keep up

are you serious? The guy had access. Either Trump is lying or insane

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
are you serious? The guy had access. Either Trump is lying or insane

Pretty sure he meant himself. Regardless, lefties (Wolffe) are hard pressed for any credibility whatsoever

Agnostic007

• Getbig V

Pretty sure he meant himself. Regardless, lefties (Wolffe) are hard pressed for any credibility whatsoever

Of course we will have to forget Trump lies at a rate that is unheard of in the history of US Presidents. His credibility is beyond questionable, it is non existant. 

Yamcha

• Getbig V
  • Fundie
Of course we will have to forget Trump lies at a rate that is unheard of in the history of US Presidents. His credibility is beyond questionable, it is non existant. 

You like to talk in absolutes.
a

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
You like to talk in absolutes.

If by absolutes you mean state the obvious, yeah

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
If by absolutes you mean state the obvious, yeah

When was the last time you or Strawman were proven right about anything significant?

mazrim

• Getbig V
Didn't the guy already admit in his preface that not everything is true?

Even if some parts are true in relation to the words of what others said about Trump, I could care less as we already know how crazy some people get when it comes to Trump and say anything/make anything up they can. This has been shown over and over again.

Also, he can eat all the cheeseburgers he wants in bed as long as he continues to bring our country back from the degradation of the last presidencies.